Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Indeed. I mean, only 6th? For shame, Japan. Sommie is the best character in Engage.

Sommie is the only one with a modicum of depth or nuance in its character, with an arc which is not only superlative in its complexity but shocking human at its core. 

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

All right. Let's do this.

Chapter 17 time. Then I can get Lindon!

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, I currently have her on Speedtaker. Might replace it with Dex/Spd +5, yeah.

I already have Zelkov and Jade high on the speedtaking. Too many speedtakers would just step one each other's toes.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm serious there. I really can't think on the game really giving you the chance. The lower part of her battle garment is like Lyn's in that way. Actually, that might be quite the apt comparison. While standing there's really not much chances, and then in battle she rides in side-saddle with either the legs pressed together or crossed... so not much of a chance either.

Or maybe I just never managed to notice. Who knows.

Yeah, it's pretty much like Lyn. She does have a few weird straps on her ass, but looking at them they aren't exactly like that. I can't quite make out what they're supposed to be, in fact. All in all, don't get me wrong, it's not super distracting like Zephia is, but I am still glad I can just put her in a proper dress.

...Her concept art, though. There you can see some pronounced v-lines. Kinda makes one wonder how she doesn't freeze to death in her polar homeland...

15 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Sommie is one with a modicum of depth or nuance in its character, with an arc which is not only superlative in its complexity but shocking human at its core. 

True, Wraith. I cannot believe you spoke such truth.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hide contents

For the plot, so Orphan ain’t evil after all. A positive development? And that trigger-happy selfish bureaucratic buffoon got a taste of his own radiation therapy? Veeeeeeeery nice!😁☢️💥

Only two fights and they’re all dead? Latest to arrive yet quickest to fry, mycelium have more braincells than you lot.

Giant robots holding hands trying to make friends with a giant sentient fortress floating in space to keep it from draining the Earth of its life b/c the fortress is lonely. …It’s not how I thought it’d go. This is positively sunny skies with rainbows and butterflies and fields of spring flowers with all the bees collecting nectar & pollinating and taking no interest in stinging you.☀️🌈🦋🐝🌻🤗🤝

Orphan is such an interesting concept. It makes Char wanting to use it in Alpha 2 for his plan so... wrong.

It makes you wonder why even add them. Probably padding and to give Mazinkaiser some last plot in the lategame. I think they do have a larger role in W at least. On that subject, I think Alpha 2 is the only game we get to fight all seven generals. Suffice to say, the Dark General being the only one to show up tends to be the SRW norm.

Also, dont' know if you noticed, but Mazinkaiser was not route split restricted. Which means... yes, that's even lower relevance for the Mycenae.

You can tell this was made after Victory Gundam, hahaha. Actually... I think Brain Powerd was indeed Tomino's work directly after Victory.

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Out of 39 candidates, these are the top 25 favorite characters as voted by Nintendo Dream readers:

1. Alear

2. Diamant

3. Alfred

4. Alcryst

5. Yunaka

Wraith’s reaction:

Wraith, the MC almost always takes the first place in polls

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Orphan is such an interesting concept. It makes Char wanting to use it in Alpha 2 for his plan so... wrong.

I had very different preconceived ideas of the direction Orphan would go in. They turned out to be totally wrong. But I don't mind that at all.😀

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, dont' know if you noticed, but Mazinkaiser was not route split restricted. Which means... yes, that's even lower relevance for the Mycenae.

I remembered that. Weird, since Tekkaman Blade and SPT Layzner were both locked into the Space side. 3 for Space (including SEED ofc), and only 2 for Earth despite having a reason to lock in a third.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You can tell this was made after Victory Gundam, hahaha. Actually... I think Brain Powerd was indeed Tomino's work directly after Victory.

Looks like a Dunbine OVA novel separates the two. So almost, kinda yes kinda no?

I feel like you could make a meme about this with Tomino. Along the lines of this -but not actually this.:

COTL-Display-Render-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1663060089

Left- Cover of the cd case. Right- The inside. The cycle of Tomino.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looks like a Dunbine OVA novel separates the two. So almost, kinda yes kinda no?

Well, the Dunbine OVA is also more on the lighter side, in comparison at least.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I feel like you could make a meme about this with Tomino. Along the lines of this -but not actually this.:

Left- Cover of the cd case. Right- The inside. The cycle of Tomino.

Haha, yeah, I think I mentioned this before, but he did went through a cycle. Though by the end it petered out and he was now more firmly on the lighter side. Still does, considering G Reco.

So I tried to be smart and cross through the fires to take the fight to the upper bosses.

Bad idea. Everyone charged at me and I cannot win this. Thinking back, I can see the merits to taking out the southern front and then letting the northern guys come at me. It'd even give Zephia enough room to overextend.

Yeah, definitely have to play this the intended way. That's a full reset...

Okay after receiving a massive 5 votes for the straw poll I see a clear winner

53GC9bu.png

Ohhhhhh boy.

sCpAIV0.png

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Much more interested in seeing what you think of Xenoblade, even if it runs the risk of turning this into Xenoblade: The Thread again, and the guarantee of heated arguments.

I mean I'll try to be nuanced and fair with my critiques and praises, although we all have biases.

I hear the second game has a lot of, uh "disagreement surrounding specific character designs" which hearing about I'll make a point to say that I make a distinction from quote on quote "problematic" aspects of a story that result from different contexts, and problematic aspects that result from the authors own personal biases and beliefs.

We'll see what Xenoblade falls into...

21 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ohhhhhh boy.

sCpAIV0.png

So uh, even more than the heated argument fuel shenanigans, this is the reason I've never gotten around to trying out these games. Trusting a JRPG to hold my attention for upwards of 60 hours is a tall order, especially when the first impression is, uh... well, what it has been.

Good luck and I sincerely hope you end up loving them as much as our Xenofan crowd here.

21 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I mean I'll try to be nuanced and fair with my critiques and praises, although we all have biases.

I hear the second game has a lot of, uh "disagreement surrounding specific character designs" which hearing about I'll make a point to say that I make a distinction from quote on quote "problematic" aspects of a story that result from different contexts, and problematic aspects that result from the authors own personal biases and beliefs.

We'll see what Xenoblade falls into...

Remember to wear heavy armor.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Wait, wait.

I just realized.

Griss's Emblem of choice is the one that hurts you every time you attack with it equipped.

Okay that's fucking genius, I love that. Griss best villain.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, wait.

I just realized.

Griss's Emblem of choice is the one that hurts you every time you attack with it equipped.

Okay that's fucking genius, I love that. Griss best villain.

Griss in Valentia:

*heavy breathing*

17 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, for the subject of my fanfic, as I mentioned, I was looking up regarding Elusia's events shortly before the start of the game.

Looking up has yield me that:

Hortensia, and by association Rosado and Golmary, were at the Academy when Sombron was already at Elusia Castle, as it was after that that King Hyacinth called Hortensia back to the castle.

But the thing I was trying to look up specifically was in regards to Ivy. In her own words, Hortensia had catch up to her at the Academy. But then unlike Hortensia who still talks about needing to finish her education, hence wanting to get Lindon to teach her while the events of the game are happening, there's no word regarding Ivy needing the same. So when she said Hortensia had catch up, did it meant only in certain classes and Ivy had by now fully graduated, or not? Though, I suppose it could be the case. There's no specifics as to how Hyacinth handled appointing retainers to his daughters, but considering Ivy already had Zelkov for some unspecified time already (Kagetsu is more recent, considering he can celebrate the anniversary during the events of the game), then unless he had to follow her to the Academy, I would think the appointment was made after Ivy graduated. Hortensia still not having retainers in an official capacity (as Rosado and Goldmary just followed her for not wanting to separate from her) while still attending the Academy could imply this too.

But well, it's fine if I have to tweak or make up things for my fanfic to work the way I want it to go, but still...

If your primary question is whether or not Ivy graduated the Academy already, I'm guessing she did if you want a second opinion.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Here, full results.

Veyle is not first, opinions disregarded.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is Japan we're talking about. Even if she's black, being a waifu in ultra skimpy clothes should've gotten at least some otakus to slobber all over the voting button. And yet, Fogado got into the top 25 but Timerra didn't.

Like Shrimpy said, Nintendo Dream's readership consists mostly of women, so Fogado being male would presumably benefit him in this case (especially since the other male royals all made up the top four). This isn't FEH, after all.

32 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ohhhhhh boy.

Have fun! Hopefully you will play the Switch version, otherwise half your playtime will be spent trying to figure out where the sidequest objectives are.

18 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If your primary question is whether or not Ivy graduated the Academy already, I'm guessing she did if you want a second opinion.

Yeah, it does seem like the most likely outcome, so I'd be going with that.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Trusting a JRPG to hold my attention for upwards of 60 hours is a tall order, especially when the first impression is, uh... well, what it has been.

rookie numbers

47 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Nintendo Dream's readership consists mostly of women, so Fogado being male would presumably benefit him in this case

yup

This vote was 55% F 45% M. And 2 Months ago.

That explains everything honestly

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Okay after receiving a massive 5 votes for the straw poll I see a clear winner

53GC9bu.png

Ohhhhhh boy.

sCpAIV0.png

You ARE playing Definitive Edition, right?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

rookie numbers

Most RPGs barely crack 60 tbh. At least from what I've played. 

Average is like 40-50 hours.

v53g91Uh_o.png

Corrin.

Vandad's doing more damage to the town than the enemy has, but we're keeping them at bay and that's what matters.

Also the joke weapon literally saved Timerra's life. She just exactly got killed, but then I had her eat up the knife and she escaped killing range. I mean, I could've just moved her away, but I need all the damage I can get.

55 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Griss in Valentia:

*heavy breathing*

You cast ragnarok for the high damage output.

I cast ragnarok because it hurts like hell.

We are not the same.

- Griss probably

53 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Veyle is not first, opinions disregarded.

Meanwhile me doing the FESorter for Engage:

bottomTen.png?width=208&height=620

It still amazes me that I somehow got Lumera higher than all those characters, like holy shit

53 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Like Shrimpy said, Nintendo Dream's readership consists mostly of women, so Fogado being male would presumably benefit him in this case (especially since the other male royals all made up the top four). This isn't FEH, after all.

I understand.

Japan still has no taste. All those women and not even a couple thousand were hot for Zelkov? And that's still a 45% of men that weren't gay for Zelkov. Psch.

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Timerra was robbed. I still haven’t finished the game

The secret truth of Sooks%: 100% everything, but leave Engage unbeaten.

Sommie is disappointed, Sooks.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

rookie numbers

2413 hours in TF2 is rookie numbers. 60 hours of JRPG is not being good at paraphrasing.

Jesus Christ Zelkov's damage though. He's coming this close to one-rounding the likes of Marni and Mr. Four Layers of Armor. Flashing fist's bulk reduction would normally be a problem, but since Zelkov is naturally sturdy, he can actually eat a hit in retaliation.

To think I did this on a whim thinking he'd be yet another meme unit. Insane.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OTGqB4qV_o.gif

I AM A GENIUS

A GENIUS

Holy shit what a map. Zelkov murdered bosses left and right, Jade was clutch in a couple places and everyone had their moments, but the real MVP was Vandad with the fire tiles. Those fire tiles bought so much time at key conjunctions.

Super bizarre last turn, too. Impeded by Vandad's flames, the spoiler boss attacked Jade at range and got one-rounded, then Hyacinth decided between Great Aether Alfred and Zelkov, his best option was to chain guard. Then she got destroyed by Jade again, with the help of... Bunet, embarrassingly enough, and Hyacinth got his ass handed to him by Zelkov.

dnhm123F_o.png

And hey, I did the thing! Well, Alear stole the kill, but they got their battle convo. Cool one, though I feel a bit lukewarm by the frequency with which this game resorts to cheap dead parent drama.

What a blast that map was. I love this game.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Did he *exceeded* your expectations, then?

To answer your question

P7mv3Nas_o.png

*Yes*

Heck, I'd been sitting on this engraved shielding art for ages.

qmy14hG1_o.png

And he's just... he's my best tank too. Look at that. He's unhittable, and when he does get hit, he shrugs it off.

In fucking sane, I tell you. Not that he renders the rest of the team obsolete, of course - for all his strengths, Zelkov is bad at crowd control. But when it comes to one-on-one duels, he's my guy to call, definitely.