Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Ah, the Master Sword needing 13 hearts to pull out in BotW is definitely a reference to the Magical Sword in Zelda 1.

16 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

So the main game was just setup for the DLC all along?

What is Takahashi cooking?

....you know, there are now six games in the "numbered" Xenoblade series.

Xenoblade 1, Future Connected, Xenoblade 2, Torna, Xenoblade 3, Future Redeemed.

It was a six-part story all along. He can't keep getting away with it.

• Replies 177.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Eirika on a martial master, man.

There's probably more objectively optimal ways to use her, but this is too much fun. Hyacinth picked the wrong Emblem, if he'd taken Eirika he would've beaten the shit out of Morion without needing anything else lol

Also the funny's time based, but this time I noticed there's a bridge to get the southern team north, so we're nowhere near her. She's gonna have to circle all around to even trigger the reinforcements. Gives me time to wipe out a couple yurts.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hide contents

Turn Based.

However, if you kill the yurt guards, they enemies from each respective yurt won't spawn.

Yeah, I figured that second part's how it'd work. Thanks anyway.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's probably more objectively optimal ways to use her, but this is too much fun. Hyacinth picked the wrong Emblem, if he'd taken Eirika he would've beaten the shit out of Morion without needing anything else lol

Curiously enough, Eirika is the only Emblem we never get to fight when it's in the enemy's hands.

This quest doesn't make any sense lol

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yup

Quad x lunar/eclipsw brace rules

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's probably more objectively optimal ways to use her,

Not really

Zelkov got an agonee and stole Vandad's Lyn kill.

Goddammit.

In other news, the biggest bit of wasted potential in Engage is the fact that the cheerful charm doesn't make Sommie jingle when he runs around. C'mon, the thing's description says it's supposed to jingle and make it fun to walk and run! Seriously, it's not even my favorite accessory for Somm, but I read that and it melted my heart so bad I just had to give it to him. Little guy just gets entertained with the smallest things. We could all learn from Sommie, people.

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Curiously enough, Eirika is the only Emblem we never get to fight when it's in the enemy's hands.

Oh yeah, now that you mention it... They have Eirika the entire game, but they never bring her out against us. Huh. That's rather odd, isn't it. Then again, even the way she is obtained is weird. Rosado just kinda arrives and goes "hey by the way I have Eirika."

26 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yup

Quad x lunar/eclipsw brace rules

Boy does it ever. Who said fists are unviable, again? For Christ's sake, I still have the game's Jeigan in a horrible class toting steel fists and he's still somewhat useful, I mean c'mon.

26 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Not really

I dunno, it just feels like a "fun but suboptimal" kinda build. The type pros scoff at and say "give Eirka to wyvrn" or something. But then, those are the best kinds of builds, especially when combined with characters that aren't even appropriate for them.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

just feels like a "fun but suboptimal" kinda build. The type pros scoff at and say "give Eirka to wyvrn" or something.

Wyvern can't quad easily. Fists can. Don't forget, Eirika deals% damage, so more attacks is better

Especially since non Fists braves are pretty heavy

I'd say, trying to find the defined timeline of events in Engage can certainly be a bit hard. Like, I'm trying to look up what happened over at Elusia before the game began, for TDatP, and while there's certainly stuff, it's still not enough to piece a full sequence of events.

Oh, I just realized I forgot to show y'all the pictures of my experience in New York.

...I'll have to do that later, because HOLY FECKIN' CHRIST I GOT ACCEPTED TO PARTICIPATE A NATIONWIDE MUSIC COMPETITION IN MAY AAAAAAAAAAAA-

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh, I just realized I forgot to show y'all the pictures of my experience in New York.

...I'll have to do that later, because HOLY FECKIN' CHRIST I GOT ACCEPTED TO PARTICIPATE A NATIONWIDE MUSIC COMPETITION IN MAY AAAAAAAAAAAA-

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 😄

GO AND SHOW EM,  CHAMP!

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Did you also went to Faraway Town while you were at it?

I'm afraid not

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 😄

GO AND SHOW EM,  CHAMP!

Thanks, Dad! It's my first time going to Ottawa, so I'll have to let you know if it's nice there.

Campanella is the funniest battle in this game. Fighting him was worth the four game wait.

At this rate I'll probably be at the final dungeon by the time Future Redeemed releases, and it doesn't really matter if I'm not. It wouldn't be the first time I played a Xenoblade and Trails game at the same time, this truly is the endless now.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then again, if there is a character I could see dropping everything and randomly learning martial arts on a whim, it's Zelkov lol

He is a man of many *interests*. Variety is the spice of *life* after all.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, trying to find the defined timeline of events in Engage can certainly be a bit hard. Like, I'm trying to look up what happened over at Elusia before the game began, for TDatP, and while there's certainly stuff, it's still not enough to piece a full sequence of events.

I'm not sure if Engage has enough significant past events to warrant a timeline. Though if you're looking for something specific, I might be able to offer my thoughts on the matter.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Congratulations! My school went to a music competition once. We got a bronze. Then we went to a theme park and watched Grease on the way home, one of my classmates never saw it before and found it very confusing...

Xenoblade 2/3/Future Redeemed

Spoiler

When the thematic storytelling gets amplified moment.

Cause seriously, Ouroboros was already the "someone else" but now it goes even further because Rex himself was part of the fight and even though he didn't live to see it finished (presumably), someone else would eventually come along.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

He finally achieved his dream

Takahashi

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The Nopon gauntlet is cool and all

But 10+ rounds without a hero is too much no

Game pls

Weak.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Congrats man.

Ordered Pokemon Legends Arceus this week, because I play games in an incredibly timely manner. but it seems I confused Amazon somehow.

See if you can spot the problem.

Spoiler

PXL_20230420_233813964.thumb.jpg.e21a828ef252ea53a8a915e8cd34e18d.jpg

Not sure how that happened. :v

Spoiler

There's no region lock, but it's annoying that the spine isn't aligned with the rest of my games.PXL_20230421_010509987.thumb.jpg.35d63daa6a9cce20347e5f10d781089f.jpg

46 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm not sure if Engage has enough significant past events to warrant a timeline. Though if you're looking for something specific, I might be able to offer my thoughts on the matter.

Well, for the subject of my fanfic, as I mentioned, I was looking up regarding Elusia's events shortly before the start of the game.

Looking up has yield me that:

Hortensia, and by association Rosado and Golmary, were at the Academy when Sombron was already at Elusia Castle, as it was after that that King Hyacinth called Hortensia back to the castle.

But the thing I was trying to look up specifically was in regards to Ivy. In her own words, Hortensia had catch up to her at the Academy. But then unlike Hortensia who still talks about needing to finish her education, hence wanting to get Lindon to teach her while the events of the game are happening, there's no word regarding Ivy needing the same. So when she said Hortensia had catch up, did it meant only in certain classes and Ivy had by now fully graduated, or not? Though, I suppose it could be the case. There's no specifics as to how Hyacinth handled appointing retainers to his daughters, but considering Ivy already had Zelkov for some unspecified time already (Kagetsu is more recent, considering he can celebrate the anniversary during the events of the game), then unless he had to follow her to the Academy, I would think the appointment was made after Ivy graduated. Hortensia still not having retainers in an official capacity (as Rosado and Goldmary just followed her for not wanting to separate from her) while still attending the Academy could imply this too.

But well, it's fine if I have to tweak or make up things for my fanfic to work the way I want it to go, but still...