Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Assuming, of course, that it's meant to be Ashley/Ashleigh.

...I hadn't thought of that.😅 The name began as a boys' name, though it has become gender-neutral.

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lin sass >>>>>>>> anything else.

The reason I used her as my avi for a time.😄

Hey, here's a fun factoid for y'all: In Spanish, the act of executing by firing squad has a dedicated verb, fusilar. Much like France and defenestration, this probably says something about our history.

*Remembers this*

1920px-El_Tres_de_Mayo,_by_Francisco_de_Goya,_from_Prado_thin_black_margin.jpg

One of Francisco Goya's works.

And c'mon, giving the old man a rock theme wouldn't have fit. Everyone knows old people don't rock. Right?

*Tries thinking of something.*

Said theme belongs to this man. Who is only in his 30s, so merely anime-old, not real-old, but close enough?:

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Man...

I'm going to be in chapter 21 for a while, aren't I.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The alternative was sticking with "Asseray". Let me ass you, you think that name would've been fine left ass is?😛

I quoted this but didn't respond to it lol

Hey, I'm fine with Artur. The one I don't like is Arthur 2, who had a perfectly good name for himself. But Artur's fine.

...Still, Asseray is a funny name, which gives it points. If he'd kept it, maybe he could've formed the League of Assinine Names with Dryas.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Remembers this*

1920px-El_Tres_de_Mayo,_by_Francisco_de_Goya,_from_Prado_thin_black_margin.jpg

One of Francisco Goya's works.

Eyup. That says it all, doesn't it. And that's before Franco. After Franco there's bodies buried on the roadside all over the country.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

All right, new attempt. Here's hoping I make it further than turn 3 this time. Yeesh, even Corrin can't effectively stop the amount of crap typhooning my way in this map... Mainly because of the lack of obstacles lol

That was a good rare monday

Now to return to full work depression

18 hours ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

He's self-aware Shrimpy.

Spoiler

Doesn't explain his personality

Spoiler

Let's take Ultron. Ultron was created (in the MCU at least) because Tony Stark wanted a "suit of armor around the world" to protect the peace. Ultron got self-aware and decided "peace in our time" meant wiping out humanity because they're the ones getting in the way of peace and what the Avengers wanted was "quiet" instead of "peace" (his words). Tony didn't want a murderbot, the murderbot emerged on it's own cause it gained free will.

Spoiler

Wiping out humanity being a logical conclusion to peace makes some kinda sense

What happened in Aionios is not a logical conclusion of the directive "create an endless now that humanity wished for". And let's not get into "Because it amuses me"

Z was a creation of humanity consicouness, which means he is influenced by it, if he is not right following the directive of humanity.

Spoiler

mean Aionios on it's own doesn't actually look that bad of a place to live in.

Spoiler

But you are removing big part of Aionios here - the eternal loop ish hell.

Spoiler

For the endless now concept to work, the world needs to be stagnant yes, but idyllic, almost utopia-like

It being the hell it is directly works against the message the game is trying to tell. Because any sane person would want to move on from the hell that is Aionios.

Would make it much more interesting if were fighting against a stagnant paradise instead of hell and the game trying to frame this as some kinda hard choice is why the ending -or everything post ch.6- falls off a cliff imo

FvANWEDXsAUmA18?format=png&name=small

Spoiler

Runs in the family

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, new attempt. Here's hoping I make it further than turn 3 this time. Yeesh, even Corrin can't effectively stop the amount of crap typhooning my way in this map... Mainly because of the lack of obstacles lol

Chapter 21? You have to play that one very smartly, and very fast. 

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Chapter 21? You have to play that one very smartly, and very fast. 

That's hilarious, because I'm actually finding the greatest success not being fast. I'm holding out at the very bottom and doing okay so far. We'll see how it pans out, in hard the reinforcements weren't infinite but if they are here, well... F.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's hilarious, because I'm actually finding the greatest success not being fast. I'm holding out at the very bottom and doing okay so far.

how are you not getting swarmed XD

I had to finish in on Turn 5 and my army was one breath away from getting utterly annihilated lol

God fucking dammit, it was going well but I'm sleepy and distracted and did everything wrong and wasted way too many crystals.

I'm on to something here though, most definitely. Just gotta reproduce the first three turns because I am just not happy with what I'm doing here, I have to focus and do right.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

how are you not getting swarmed XD

I had to finish in on Turn 5 and my army was one breath away from getting utterly annihilated lol

I killed the swordmaster then waited for the central squad below. Then I killed them all after Timerra Draconic Hexed all of them with an Override charge. Zelkov handled the right wyrm. I did all of this while putting my army in a row, so that the lance knights couldn't kill anyone. Then I started goofing off due to drowsiness and distraction. Fuck.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

t was going well but I'm sleepy and distracted and did everything wrong and wasted way too many crystals.

rippp

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I killed the swordmaster then waited for the central squad below. Then I killed them all after Timerra Draconic Hexed all of them with an Override charge.

ic

What i did is take out the armors first turn with magical Aoe's attacks

AqSxrNp.gif

Celine Propaganda let's gooooo

The bow knights on the left i stopped in their tracks for a few turns using Corn fire, and the right i evasion tanked the spear ponies.

The wyrms on the bottom one Framme dealt with the other a group of units.

then i push forward and took out the 2 forward bosses, and once i was in range after pulled a double aoe warp and barely finished it because the Boss' group and terrain is scary. That formation is hella evil

9lqoRQnJ_o.png

(For some reason this horrible-ass loop from 13 years ago is the only video I could find of this line isolated, so it's all I have to work with)

Now's when I will probably want to move to one of the nooks between walls and start Corring the problem.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

rippp

It's okay, I did it again easily. Better, even.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ic

What i did is take out the armors first turn with magical Aoe's attacks

AqSxrNp.gif

Celine Propaganda let's gooooo

The bow knights on the left i stopped in their tracks for a few turns using Corn fire, and the right i evasion tanked the spear ponies.

The wyrms on the bottom one Framme dealt with the other a group of units.

then i push forward and took out the 2 forward bosses, and once i was in range after pulled a double aoe warp and barely finished it because the Boss' group and terrain is scary. That formation is hella evil

Not bad. I tried being aggressive first as well, but on turn two the onslaught of shit inevitably overran me, and if I pulled Zephia in and spawned the backside wyverns? Complete defeat.

This is working, though. If reinforcements run out like in hard I can see myself pulling this off with relative ease... Though even if not, I face three infantry from each side. I can handle that, cover my ass with flames, move forward.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but on turn two the onslaught of shit inevitably overran me

Corrin helped in stalling them while i moved forward.

Also heavy weapons to move units around for aoe freeze. Finally found some use for those lmao xD

Also since the reinforcements from the back were not magical i just sent my ike unit there (mine was goldmary) and she kept tanking

It was some high galaxy brain stuff i pulled for that map

I cleared it in 5 turns yes, but the 5 turns took me more than 2 hours lmao

7AuuSZCx_o.png

Barely sustainable.

Barely, barely sustainable.

But reinforcements seem to have halted. Wise use of Corrin and the rest might allow me to pull through... perhaps.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Corrin helped in stalling them while i moved forward.

Also heavy weapons to move units around for aoe freeze. Finally found some use for those lmao xD

Also since the reinforcements from the back were not magical i just sent my ike unit there (mine was goldmary) and she kept tanking

It was some high galaxy brain stuff i pulled for that map

I cleared it in 5 turns yes, but the 5 turns took me more than 2 hours lmao

Meanwhile I'm skulking around the bottom of the map throwing every dirty trick under my sleeve at the enemy.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT WORKS PERFECTLY BUT ZELKOV DIES TO A 26% AND I CAN'T STOP IT

EDIT: I could stop it.

EDIT 2: Oh my God but can I do ONE fucking thing without the RNG screwing me over, Jesus fuck

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5xhBdL7H_o.png

This can work.

This can most definitely work.

Nobody else is coming and I could handle three more stooges anyway.

Fucking Corrin, man. And everyone else, but fucking Corrin man.

Then I'll lose against the bosses, watch. I only have 3 crystals left. Fuck me.

...Okay but this has to be tomorrow though. I'm tired.

5 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Kino

Nice. Ignited is the go-to track for SRW to use with SEED Destiny, but I guess it's a given when it's the OP.

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

XC3 DLC combat in a nutshell:

"DOUBLE SPINNING EDGE!"

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
Spoiler

Doesn't explain his personality

Spoiler

I mean if he's self-aware, then he's kinda free to make his own personality whatever, right? Just because he's a twisted manifestation of humanity's collective unconscious doesn't mean he or humanity think alike. We can look to Xenoblade 2 for similar answers.

• Amalthus was disgusted with the state of the world. He awoke Malos, who decided that "salvation" meant killing everybody, because "humans see the divine flame of life and piss all over it". That's in Torna. By Xenoblade 2 time, Malos still thinks that but he's more reflective. Or rather, he's not as trigger happy as he was in Torna. Even finding comradery in Jin and the rest of Torna. Malos and Amalthus have similar mentalities, where they differ is that Malos sees what he's doing is right whereas Amalthus just hates everybody.
  • Addam awakened Mythra with the desire to save the world from Malos' wrath. And sure, Mythra will do it but apart from that, her personality is incredibly different from Addam's. And that's before she sunk Torna. 

I used Malos and Mythra there because they didn't have any Drivers prior. I could bring up Minoth or Haze or Dromarch but we aren't sure how many Drivers they had before. It's stated that a Driver's personality is reflected upon in their Blades but i wonder to what extent because so many Blades we see differ in personality from their Drivers. Or it could mean that it varies based on the Driver. Like how Praxis is actually nice once you awaken her on your side.

Spoiler

Wiping out humanity being a logical conclusion to peace makes some kinda sense

What happened in Aionios is not a logical conclusion of the directive "create an endless now that humanity wished for". And let's not get into "Because it amuses me"

Z was a creation of humanity consicouness, which means he is influenced by it, if he is not right following the directive of humanity.

Spoiler

The point is that it's a twisted conclusion. Much like how Tony didn't intend for Ultron to be a murderbot, Melia, Nia, Tora and everybody else that worked on Origin didn't intend for the world to freeze in one second and for Moebius to emerge. What they intended was to Origin to work as intended: to preserve the lives and cultures of Bionis and Alrest and merge them. 

Spoiler

For the endless now concept to work, the world needs to be stagnant yes, but idyllic, almost utopia-like

It being the hell it is directly works against the message the game is trying to tell. Because any sane person would want to move on from the hell that is Aionios.

Would make it much more interesting if were fighting against a stagnant paradise instead of hell and the game trying to frame this as some kinda hard choice is why the ending -or everything post ch.6- falls off a cliff imo

Spoiler

Keep in mind, Z thinks he's right. With Origin hijacked and the full-scale collision of the world's stopped, he thinks this is the best outcome and turned everything into a game. He talks about how "with a turn of the clock, anyone can be a winner". In addition, Moebius is also clearly a metaphor for corporate greed, the 1%, whatever you wanna call it. There are people in real life in positions of powers who are quite happy to see things go to shit because it lines their pockets. "It feeds the rich while it buries the poor".

Joran, Dirk, Shania (post-Moebius), all the other Moebius see the state of Aionios as a paradise for them. A paradise where they get to do whatever they want. The only ones that don't are N, M and Triton. N wanted an eternity with M but the whole ordeal wracked him with guilt, even if he tries to justify it. And when M dies, he gets depression. M hated being Moebius from the very start. She's the one who introduced the Homecoming ceremonies, so that those who lived their terms can finally not fight anymore (Z sees this as "winning the game" but M did it because she sees no need to take lives). And Triton.....who the fuck knows lol.

You are right when you said that any sane person would want to move on from Aionios. Because that's literally what happens. Remember, everyone you come across is stored in Origin's data banks, even those born after. And literally the entire world fights against Z in the final battle. It's not just Ouroboros, it's everyone, which is why the climax works so well. So you have:

A collective unconscious creating a manifestation that gets corrupted and self-aware vs what is essentially a collective conscious with actual wills that all agreed enough was enough. And in the battle between the will of Moebius and the will of Ouroboros, it was the latter that won.

With that, it only benefits the message the game is trying to tell. There are people who just want to remain stagnant but there are also people who want to keep pushing forward. There are people who are afraid of the future, of change, and while that's valid, it becomes toxic if you let that fear control you. Likewise, with Future Redeemed, it's good to move forward but if you choose to ignore the past, you will inevitably repeat the same mistakes. To move forward, you have to acknowledge the past.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

More stuff to do at Colony 9, huh. Well, let's do it before actually moving on...

You have Expert Mode turned on (to enable BEXP?)