• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

then he's kinda free to make his own personality whatever, right?

Spoiler

It has to come from somewhere. It can't just happen especially if he is the result of humanity's consicouness. 

Doesn't he directly say at the final fight that humanity wished for him?

Now why would humanity wish for something like that?

Spoiler

Addam awakened Mythra with the desire to save the world from Malos' wrath. And sure, Mythra will do it but apart from that, her personality is incredibly different from Addam's. And that's before she sunk Torna. 

Spoiler

Well, there's also the part where Addam was afraid of her power. It was a pretty big point in Torna

Spoiler

he point is that it's a twisted conclusion. Much like how Tony didn't intend for Ultron to be a murderbot, Melia, Nia, Tora and everybody else that worked on Origin didn't intend for the world to freeze in one second and for Moebius to emerge. What they intended was to Origin to work as intended: to preserve the lives and cultures of Bionis and Alrest and merge them. 

Spoiler

Except it ain't Melia & Co. who gave Z the directive. It was humanity's consicouness.

Spoiler

Joran, Dirk, Shania (post-Moebius), all the other Moebius see the state of Aionios as a paradise for them.

Spoiler

20something peeps (or how much mobius were anyway) shouldn't not be the ones controlling the collective consicouness of humanity. A paradise of Moebius only infact goes directly against humanity's wish.

And even if the it's about the 1% or whatever, then atleast make them human, and not carton-ish mustache twirhling monsters

Moebius are a consequence of the world, not it's rulers. Their existence contradics humanity's wishes

Spoiler

You are right when you said that any sane person would want to move on from Aionios. Because that's literally what happens. Remember, everyone you come across is stored in Origin's data banks, even those born after. And literally the entire world fights against Z in the final battle

Spoiler

And that's why Z and the themeing of the Eternal now how the game presents it makes no sense. The game tried to present it as this super hard choice - when it was the easiest choice in the history of gaming.

Also all of humanity going after Z directly goes against him being the creation of humanity's consicouness. It's contradictory really.

Spoiler

With that, it only benefits the message the game is trying to tell. There are people who just want to remain stagnant but there are also people who want to keep pushing forward. There are people who are afraid of the future, of change, and while that's valid, it becomes toxic if you let that fear control you. Likewise, with Future Redeemed, it's good to move forward but if you choose to ignore the past, you will inevitably repeat the same mistakes. To move forward, you have to acknowledge the past.

Spoiler

I do agree with the messages the game is trying to convey, and i think when it comes to future redeemed, the game was able to deliver on that really well. However the base game really fumbled with the whole eternal now stuff.

The reason humans look into the past and desire the now is because it's beutiful, it's idyllic. It's something worth living in. 

Aionios has none of that. It's a literal hellscape - that's why it directly goes against the message of the game

The balance tips so hard that i ended semi-cheering for Na'el. That how bad Aionios is. During the main game i just wanted those stupid Moebius shitheads gone with how bad they were

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Spoiler

It's not like i am strange to stories playing with collective consicouness with humanity and stuff. I am a huge Fate/type moon nerd and it pulls that bs all the time

When humanity wished for someone to take all their sins - Angra Mainyu, he embodied all the sinds of humanity and thus his birth would lead to all the sins being ushered into humanity

However that would be where the counter guardians - imagine Humanity's consicouness' collective defense force - steps in, and their solution would be to nuke the place/country where Angra Mainyu is being born, as sacrificing a small piece is acceptable for the rest of humanity to survive

There's also Earth's coniscouness' and more. Fate plays with these concepts all the time so i am quite familiar with them.

Monkey's paw of humanity's desire of an endless now should be stagnation in utopia, not the world changed into hell.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No.

Ah. It'd be useful since if you're doing a lot of quests, you'll overlevel....although i suppose that's a good thing with how this game handles levels.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
Spoiler

Doesn't he directly say at the final fight that humanity wished for him?

Now why would humanity wish for something like that?

Spoiler

He also thinks he's right.

Spoiler

Well, there's also the part where Addam was afraid of her power. It was a pretty big point in Torna

Spoiler

It was but Mythra herself wasn't afraid of her own power. It wasn't until she sunk Torna that that fear set in.

Spoiler

Except it ain't Melia & Co. who gave Z the directive. It was humanity's consicouness.

Spoiler

But the consciousness didn't tell him to turn evil, he did that on his own. 

Spoiler

And even if the it's about the 1% or whatever, then atleast make them human, and not carton-ish mustache twirhling monsters

Spoiler

*looks at the current state of American politics and the increasing right-wing trend across the world*

Nah like come on one of the State governments here (North Dakota i think) literally voted to deny free lunches in schools and then a week later voted to give free lunches to themselves.

Spoiler

The game tried to present it as this super hard choice - when it was the easiest choice in the history of gaming.

Spoiler

Hang on, but does the game actually present it as a super hard choice? For N, it was and it wracked him with guilt. For the rest

• Joran saw that all his past lives ended pathetically and was like "nah gimme the juice".
  • Shania wanted it to have a second chance since she was born into a life of misery (Shulk, Reyn, Sharla and Panacea would wring Shania's mom's neck). Heck ngl, Shania did make a good point about how life can be bullshit sometimes and even when you got a good thing going, all it takes is someone with a gun to end it all and that's it. That speech catapulted her into one of the better villains for me.
  • Dirk.......he just wanted to keep killing. Easiest choice in the world for him.
  • M hated the very idea of being Moebius, she didn't even have a choice.
  • Triton.
  • I completely forgot about Crys lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

The rest are interchangeable and it doesn't matter although Irma did have some good complexity there. But apart from N, M and Triton(?), they all jumped at the chance to become Moebius for one reason or another. So it's not really a super hard choice. It can be, if the right emotional cards are played, but it's more of a temptation one can easily fall into. The hard part i suppose is moving past that. It's like smoking. Easy to get addicted, hard to quit. And with all Moebius, what the "Endless Now" is for them differs. For the ones that are actual character anyways. It's not like everyone's definition of the Endless Now is the same.

And hey, if we look into the other previous titles, there are themes of "Endless Now" there too, with it's main villains.

• Zanza feared being forgotten so he wished for a world of destruction and rebirth so that he could keep existing.
  • Jin was stuck in the metaphorical past, literally preserving Lora's body in a block of ice. "Words can be a curse. That curse was what kept him tied down here".

And i just kept it to what you've played here.

Spoiler

The reason humans look into the past and desire the now is because it's beutiful, it's idyllic. It's something worth living in. 

Spoiler

I mean.....yeah? No? It depends? Cause there's shit from the past i look at and go "that was nice" and then there's other shit i look at and i'm like "oh thank God we moved past that"

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

*sees Territorial Rotbart*

Ah yes, heard about you...

There are also some ruins on the eastern side of Bionis' Leg, you should really check it out.

Edited by Armagon

Coming from hours and hours of Smash, Gaur Plains is certainly:

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood - Find &  Share on GIPHY

Still, exciting to be now on the real deal.

Okay, met Sharla... wait.

I remember once watching an LP of Spyro Year of the Dragon, where due to shenanigans they did there, they started calling Sheila the Kangaroo as "her cousin Sharla", and now I wonder... were they making a Xenoblade reference? It just hit me it could be...

No way... I can't believe Link will be voiced by Chris Pratt in Tears of the Kingdom (not really).

I think I reached one of the Leonardo DiCaprio pointing places in Future Redeemed. I'm already midway through Chapter 3, somehow.

Altina when she's five minutes into a Pokémon game and has to pick a starter

2y9ymL8.jpg

Character note my beloved... There's no time for giving out student notebooks (again), I must talk to everyone first. A brief comment about the plot:

Spoiler

It looks like Osborne vs. Ouroboros will be a main conflict of this game, and since I doubt Rean will fight Osborne directly yet, the society will probably be a recurring threat for most of the plot (hopefully). It would be a change of pace from them being supporting villains for the past few games.

22 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Sure Jan... GIF - Sure Jan Brady Bunch Marsha - Discover & Share GIFs

B-but I did meet her... obviously Falcom knew they would rerelease Zero and Azure eventually, why else would Juna and Randy already know each other?

Edited by Lightchao42

my-image_10.png

Xeno party member tierlist, now with Future Redeemed. Unordered.

Biggest difference is that Rex catapulted from A tier to SS tier Shulk stayed the same lmao.

Edited by Armagon

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

my-image_10.png

Xeno party member tierlist, now with Future Redeemed. Unordered.

Biggest difference is that Rex catapulted from A tier to SS tier Shulk stayed the same lmao.

Why is Addam there twice?

Well, after... doing lots of stuff, time to fight the Mechon M71!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I actually didn't notice lmaoooo

You weren't supposed to notice.

It's too late for you anyhow, the doppelgänger is standing behind you right now. Your life and identity will be stolen in three, two, one.☠️

NGL, although it's going to be several Neptunian years before I get anywhere near XC3 at this rate, much less FR, my irrational gut reaction is 😬 to returning characters. My natural inclination for something like this (unplanned, character aging included, serious sequel) is that it just wouldn't feel right. Although R's return, having minimally and unwittingly glimpsed his form and nothing more, catches my interest more than S's. Quite the change in physique, not exactly commonplace with video game characters; how has the personality inhabiting that form has changed and or endured the same? These are my light critical inquiries that have popped into my mind, which I'll start getting answers to around the time humanity reaches Alpha Centauri.

I'm surprised you could just... walk away after the first phase.

So naturally, I went to do more sidequest stuff. Now only thing left for now is that monster that only shows up on thunderstorms (I missed seeing those names... White Eduardo, what a name!). I might just finish the boss already before that... but, I'm already calling it a day. Phew, man, played too much in just two days, hehehe.

At least four-day workweek means I can resume this a bit earlier than the norm, hehehe. Though next weekend I will start the Crimson Flower run of TH.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Overall, my impressions so far is that it's a good game. I thought the battle system would've trip me up, but I quickly got the hang of it.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

5C8FBF9A-37B6-475B-A515-BA8C12AFD80A.jpg

I mean, rescue/drop could make that theoretically possible, as long as you have a pair of adjacent units that can rescue each other, like Gilliam and Franz in ch.1. But I think it becomes impossible as early as ch.3, since the only rescueable character is Neimi and she can't pick up Vanessa. And many maps, starting with ch.5, just straight don't give you any adjacent starting tiles for your units.

Move is the worst stat, confirmed

Hey, remember the Playable Bosses mod?

It may just be about to become the best mod ever made. For any videogame.

11 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ü

I know more folks will pop up when I pull Zephia, but if by then I have managed to rout the rest, I can probably handle it. Probably.

Alright, I have put off the monotype bug run for a little while, and it is time to start it up.

AJFCJaVQKjQF1w_Bn8nxPH6Z9WuaEB5Voh2Rs-Go

And it makes sense to pick Bulbasaur as the starter, as it imitates the way the rival's ace is supposed to be supper effective on our main bug types. Now I do also have to talk about the choice of version here. I was rather tempted to do this as a Yellow run, as it is the only Gen 1 game with all 6 bug type lines are available in it, but Yellow is different enough that I decide to stick with Blue/Red, and there are two major differences between them, first that Pinsir is exclusive to Blue, and Scyther exclusive to Red, but what really made my decision here is that Caterpie can be found at higher level in Blue, while Weedle can be found at higher levels in Red. The choice between Pinsir and Scyther is one I find surprisingly balance, probably slightly leaning towards Pinsir anyway. They have similar enough stats Pinsir a bit higher attack, Scyther a bit higher speed, the addition of flying type is a slight boon to Scyther, but it is small, the big thing is movepool, as Pinsir gets a much better TM movepool, but Scyther levelup moveset is a bit more reasonable, which gives Pinsir a much better moveset overall, but you can get away with saving your better TMs for other pokemon.

I went with Blue because a higher level Caterpie will make it easier to bet past Brock.

AJFCJaUJ9fN-r7aMrvpFTphECnZq5qsc3Vqi3aWhAJFCJaXNmr7lmbcCHB6E05U9h-kI4kbbfGboVKwf

The NPCs are even trying to explain the difference between my two main bug type encounters for this early game, speaking of which

AJFCJaWTcIA_rgmPRXCj_m1tMorJ54eDZmgSkka4AJFCJaVJ5PWVYdahsjn2mg9Nn7P4TXrccajfbGC7

I do specifically wait for the highest level Caterpie I can possibly catch, and while I could catch a higher level Kakuna/Metapod instead, having the starting moves of Caterpie and Weedle will make this early part of this game even possible,

AJFCJaWNx0EIsDYgyBQdvrqCDTxc41Jvap5amB5r

And this very early section is a little difficult, as the first trainer has my same team but with both of them level 6, and while I can get past that with the two working together, but we do run into a little issue with the second trainer, and with training in this early game in general, as Poison type moves are super-effective against Bug types, and as a part Poison type Weedle is also immune to the chance of poisoning, so despite Weedle being lower level I tend to need to switch to him to train up my Caterpie, which is vital for this early game. So The trainer with two far more dangerous level 7 Weedles actually wipes me due to bad luck with poison, and still being a lot lower level overall, but with the experience I got wiping his first two Pokemon, and better luck with poison is enough to get past him just fine.

AJFCJaX8AltX9lE-dzUEVk-ddOek5oQncLNOSqw9

And I need enough training that I go back for the optional rival for more experience, and even then, its still not enough training to get past

AJFCJaVKtURlrBK7w-TSgjh0VtAZWC5EqqxaAdbb

The lightyears trainer on the first attempt, but it was enough that on attempt two

AJFCJaUSGHKSAeUaiAFg5QHY6xdhgVoh3BUEkuob

It was enough that my now Butterfree reached level 12 before the Sandshrew, which give Long-Range-Trainer (as a joke I am nicknaming all of my Pokemon after famous Gen 1 glitches, although I used the more accurate, but less common name of the Mew Glitch here), to get her to level 12, where she learns Confusion, which is enough to get past Brock easily as well.

AJFCJaWAEoeortyIOG2x5tlIkrcreP94iRJRUIKr

And I do kinda regret not naming Gen-1-Miss over here after the bug he is showing off here instead, that quad resisted moves are able of dealing 0 damage, which the game displays as a miss. As is also apparent by his level, I have been focusing most of my experience on Long-Range-Trainer instead, but I want to transition towards feeding experience into Gen-1-Miss as well, as I am anticipating him doing better against Misty.

AJFCJaVw7zLqCriDtL_MqjF_Q6nZemVh2a65WVzV

But that is a trivial battle despite switch training while doing it. There is a funny comparison between this and the Fire run here, as Butterfree can get past Brock at a lower level, but it was more difficult to get there, and some of that experience ended up getting spread onto another Pokemon as well. With an extra Pokemon to train, and before long

AJFCJaXSg9FzkkUNPzUxJUUB339rm9comqLpYVkg

A third to train, but I did make a clear mistake here, I shouldn't have grabbed the first Paras I ran into, I should have went down to the bottom floor to catch a level 12 one instead, as I Paras becomes a new focus of my experience gain, as I am anticipating them being the best Pokemon I have against Misty. But again, I don't get either of Gen-1-miss, or my newly caught Paras to a high enough level to really be capable of having them trivialize Misty, in large part due to Long-Range-Trainer being needed to switch train a lot of the time due to her having the only Special move on the team that is also super-effective against poison types (which the rest of my team has real issues with, especially the Zubats...), so neither of them got their level 20 move, which would make them really good against the Misty fight, but I almost beat Misty on the first try anyway thanks to Long-Range-Trainer having Sleep Powder, so

AJFCJaV8tHijxufglBwpAGUfsMa4ebzMgUDys28C

I do defeat my childishly named rival first, and the experience from that fight is enough

AJFCJaWdrmX8U2nDkbcmxwtBGBebIYDxet6uegIE

To defeat Misty, despite none of my Pokemon having reaced level 20 yet. I opened with my Paras MissingNo here, to get past the Staryu, as their typing means both of Misty's Pokemon will only use Tackle. Against the Starmie I have Long-Range-Trainer use Sleep Powder, switch to Gen-1-Miss to deal as much damage as I can with him, and after he goes down I Sleep Powder again to have MissingNo finish it off. In many ways the Bug run is doing better than the Fire run already.

AJFCJaV29GAQeg1v9YDtrHIHryJgrGiY9iFOXn28

It is doing so well I make the switch over to Set mode already, but that does make very apparent that a big part of that is that there are a lot more pronounced differences between Bug Pokemon, with them having some things they do really well, and other things they do really bad, which leads to needing to switch a lot more, which leads to them getting more whittled down in the trainer heavy routes after this switch to Set mode.

AJFCJaXLtswhbqgnwr_AHDWb29Ns19IVIvljUAts

It is also important to note that MissingNo is the only one able to learn DIg, which will give them a fair bit of long term potential, but that will be a bit stifled by the decision to go with Blue/Pinsir, as that means I can't give them the Swords Dance TM as well. Onto the SS Anne, and while taking out all the trainers, I end up having to use the Vermillion City Pokecenter, so I can't do the old Dig back to Cerulean trick after beating Lt Surge like I did in the Fire run, but before that I have another Rival fight, and

AJFCJaWi4rUl8WnyhCVNZXKmfTXkAvqPZlccvanJAJFCJaVlauAaktVLNX6APPrEi34w-NrHYHVR6xZj

I do end up having a funny little issue here that Kadabra's use of disable actually disabled the Dig I wanted to use on the Charmeleon...but as it would turn out MissingNo didn't have the speed to pull off the move before being embered and one-shot anyway, so once again I had to use Sleep Powder to save the day instead.

AJFCJaXiNhFEe6yxe69CA6W5WB3YF9LaXKahYleH

And funnily enough, despite having Dig, MissingNo ends up falling to Raichu with bad Paralysis luck, so Gen-1-Miss has to finish things up. I end up stopping just before Rock Tunnel this time, but the Bugs are doing alright so far.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I actually didn't notice lmaoooo

Clearly since you rated him twice, that means you have a softer spot for him that you let on!