Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Hearing vague cool things about Tears of the Kingdom and the two sides of my mind are fighting. Do I wait a week or do I try running it on my laptop, at least the tutorial area?

I know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's too late for you anyhow, the doppelgänger is standing behind you right now. Your life and identity will be stolen in three, two, one.☠️

Trust nobody, not even yourself.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Overall, my impressions so far is that it's a good game. I thought the battle system would've trip me up, but I quickly got the hang of it.

Yeah I've always said Xenoblade is a game you have to play to truly get the combat. Is not something you can just look at and go "I get it" like with other RPGs.

• Replies 176.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hearing vague cool things about Tears of the Kingdom and the two sides of my mind are fighting. Do I wait a week or do I try running it on my laptop, at least the tutorial area?

Laptop be like: Portrait_lorenz_fe03.png

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Laptop be like: Portrait_lorenz_fe03.png

Me when downloading the rom

The Nintendo ninjas outside my window

41 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Alternate option: reject Zelda, play Doom (since you already said you got it for your birthday).

But Ryza.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah I've always said Xenoblade is a game you have to play to truly get the combat. Is not something you can just look at and go "I get it" like with other RPGs.

I guess. Though who knows. Maybe if I had the chance to have played FFXII when I could've. Since it's what the battle system reminds me the most of.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20230502_0902026937092544227309849.j

Nintendo PC users when they are going to play the game before it comes out with better graphics (it only crashes once every two hours):

Saphir got doubled and killed exactly due the speed loss from Citrinne's horrible meal.

...I mean, she dodged and was wearing Roy anyway, but still. Fuck you, Citrinne.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Saphir got doubled and killed exactly due the speed loss from Citrinne's horrible meal.

...I mean, she dodged and was wearing Roy anyway, but still. Fuck you, Citrinne.

I don't think you can get Morion's consent anyway. Or do you mean Felipe VI's?

20230502092259-1.jpg

Instantly worst Rune Factory character.

Took a break from the game yesterday, but now I'm halfway through Summer and Ludmilla has finally shown up. I'll trigger her first event immediately, and then I'll see about gifting her up enough to see her second. I want to get all the girls' seconds out of the way before I move on to the guys', going in order of least appealing to most (so far).

Plot stuff that coincidentally coincided with Ludmilla's arrival caused the game to skip ahead one day, which was most convenient as a typhoon was scheduled for that day and story canceled it. I'm probably doing too much farming, as I'm about to run out of weed-fertilizer due to how much I'm growing, IDK how long the soil will hold up once it's exhausted. Can I please start using night soil as fertilizer? Growing crop only to plough it into the soil as the game says seems to be a fool's errand, it looks like the nutrient intake of growing the corn cancels out any nutrients the plowing of the corn adds back. Although I've sold very little produce as I'm mostly working on making level 10 seeds. As the shop seemingly updates the sold seed level to the highest value seeds you've sold, maybe I should slash cultivation to single plant of each crop. As simple as it is, I do like farming.

I'm torn on my current play pace. I'm intentionally holding back a bit to avoid being optimal and rushing through things too fast. Yet I'm concerned I'm going too slow too. I only I intend to do a single run of this game, so maybe slow ain't bad? -But I do want to make sure that I finish it. 

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess. Though who knows. Maybe if I had the chance to have played FFXII when I could've. Since it's what the battle system reminds me the most of.

A long, long, long time ago, back when Xenoblade was a new one-off, quite possibly still trapped in Europe or even Japan alone, this was the comparison I was hearing. 

When I actually got to FFXII in its Switch version though... it didn't click for me. Any gameplay surface similarities were undermined by differences in the details. I didn't want to dislike it, but Xenoblade felt better. And I actually prefer the infamous FFXIII gameplay-wise to XII.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A long, long, long time ago, back when Xenoblade was a new one-off, quite possibly still trapped in Europe or even Japan alone, this was the comparison I was hearing. 

When I actually got to FFXII in its Switch version though... it didn't click for me. Any gameplay surface similarities were undermined by differences in the details. I didn't want to dislike it, but Xenoblade felt better. And I actually prefer the infamous FFXIII gameplay-wise to XII.

Haha, well, as I said, I also didn't got to play FFXII, so for years I only had the visuals of both games to compare. I still reserve judgement, until I actually get to play it, though.

"Oh no! I have killed Griss! This will definitely cause reinforcements to arrive!"

A single corrupted wyrm on the opposite side of the map

"Oh no! I have killed Zephia! This will definitely cause reinforcements to arrive!"

A single corrupted wyrm on the opposite side of the map

I am down to one crystal, and all that remains is the last boss of the map. Wish me luck...

20 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Knowing me I'll probably wait like a year to play Tears of the Kingdom finally.

Playing games on release is overrated anyway. I do it sometimes, but I still stan playing old games instead and waiting for a sale 6 months later.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't think you can get Morion's consent anyway. Or do you mean Felipe VI's?

Whoever it takes, just keep her away from the kitchen.

YES

Map beat.

I can't believe I actually pulled that off. Last boss could've been an issue, especially when I forgot warp is B rank but rewarp is C rank, but I took out one crystal before even entering the shit range with an Override + Rescue + Astra Storm, and then Zelkov reached her and just one-rounded her twice. Took me a rescue and two warps, and I couldn't get Carwenhan, plus I couldn't do it with Vandad which breaks my heart (I definitely tried, but the terrain made his hitrates way too horrible), but I did it and that's enough for now.

Another odd map, like chapter 19, but in a different way. Whereas chapter 19 was 30 turns of choking an alleyway, this was 30 turns of abusing Emblem abilities to rout reinforcements clearly intended to make me hurry. It was way more enjoyable than chapter 19, because at least here I felt like I was putting my tools to use rather than cheesing with my broken dodgetank Martial Master, and when I got to the end I was feeling more "YES I AM A STRATEGIC GENIUS" and less "fucking finally, Pinkie decided to grace us with her presence", but I still feel like I've not played this the intended way lol

Still, I did it. Thank God, too. I forgot the entrap and lost my final crystal there. When the bazillion reinforcements started closing in and the boss continued to refuse to move, I started to panic, I'll admit. Thank goodness for Bunet.

And now for the next map... I'm less afraid of this one, but I suppose we'll see.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Alright, I have put off the monotype bug run for a little while, and it is time to start it up.

AJFCJaVQKjQF1w_Bn8nxPH6Z9WuaEB5Voh2Rs-Go

Good luck! ...do you have some time to talk about our lord and saviour Swords Dance + Agility Beedrill?

I happen to have just finished my own run:

bLOnHJ5.png1m7oywZ.pngI4FafzK.png

Porygon wins vs. the first three of Lorelei's Pokemon (using a non-effective move there because Thunderbolt barely misses the two-shot); Eldoon beats Jynx (who doesn't know any Psychic attacks) and damages Lapras; Willie beats Lapras with a Swords Dance-boosted Hyper Beam.

20TCGm8.pngSUBy8ag.png

lol Bruno. I guess the AI "sees" the second type of Willie, i.e. Poison, which is why Onix didn't use Rock Throw? Anyway, Willie boosts up to +6 ATTACK and +2 SPEED and sweeps.

pc0EyiA.png

Agatha? Beedrill sweep, believe it or not. Inconsistent, of course, since this is bloomin' Agatha and Full Heals don't heal confusion just yet, but still a Beedrill sweep.

36oYppW.pngVJWaxEb.png

Lance isn't the most pretty strategy - Porygon doesn't one-shot Gyarados and loses the 1v1 as a result; Arbok takes the kill and paralyses the first Dragonair. Our friendly HM helper takes one for the team...

TTOHSwz.png

...so that Farfetch'd has a better chance of setting up unmolested. Which DUX does.

pCp4fJy.pngaC7sLDm.png

Great success! Getting a crit on Dragonite is a bummer, but DUX survives its attack (don't remember what it used, probably not Hyper Beam...) with 50 HP and gets the KO with the second attack.

GUjfevP.png

Against the rival, DUX survives a Sky Attack from Pidgeot, allowing him to set up all the way to +6/+2 with some Hyper Potions to heal him up in between.

M0Wl8ww.pngxDXerhu.png

It's not quite a sweep because Arcanine survives a +6 Body Slam and one-shots with a suicidal Take Down in return...

gTUcfeg.png

...but that's where our lord and saviour comes in to save the day.

Anyway, I think this is the run I'm going to cite whenever somebody says that "new Pokemon is so easy, RBY elite 4 was so much more difficult".

The team:

SGUY33s.png

[Body Slam | Mimic | Swords Dance | Agility]

The fact that Farfetch'd needs at least two boosts (one Agility, one SD) to sweep against any gym leader or E4 trainer means that it's not a reliable Pokemon, but it's not like the RBY AI is good at punishing that sort of play. Surprisingly viable as a result, I'd rate it above Pidgeot, actually. Mimic did nothing for him, though, should've just used Fly instead.

KvOw4mL.png

[Twineedle | Hyper Beam | Swords Dance | Agility]

Worked remarkably well. Twineedle (which is about as strong as Pin Missile on average, I believe, so I went with the more consistent damage) has pretty decent coverage, especially with Team Rocket and all its poison types, so Willie has been performing for the entire playthrough.

luvkNrz.png

[Surf | Waterfall | Blizzard | Horn Attack]

I wanted to teach some stronger move over Horn Attack, but eh. Water type doing water type things. Not-terrible SPECIAL stat, actually, Seaking was given a weaker Sp.Atk in Gen 2.

pzKrx40.png

[Thunderbolt | Ice Beam | Psychic | Agility]

Eh... not amazing, honestly. Without a STAB move or the ability to boost, 99 SPECIAL isn't that great. Agility is nice in theory, but because BRobot didn't one-shot anything (not even Gyarados with its x4 weakness to Thunderbolt), it still didn't get to sweep at all.

YYJwBmx.png

[Earthquake | Rock Slide | Screech | Glare]

Paled in comparison to the radiant Beedrill and Farfetch'd, but Eldoon was... OK for most of the playthough, really.

1DUjSC3.png

[Strength | Cut | Fly | Flash]

An elite team needs an elite HM helper.

Oh my God, Citrinne's horrible meal debuffs carry over to this chapter as well.

I should not have valued the 20 minutes of unsaved preparations I'd done more than Citrinne's butchering of my army's stats.

I will kill her for this.

Anyway, not really feeling this chapter right now, I'll do it later.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, not really feeling this chapter right now, I'll do it later.

Maybe you could really feel it if you tried out Xenoblade.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe you could really feel it if you tried out Xenoblade.

Feel the flame war that would inevitably break out if I were to try out Xenoblade, you mean

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nintendo PC users when they are going to play the game before it comes out with better graphics (it only crashes once every two hours):

I just want a taste. Just a taste.

Like I'm still gonna buy it. Better to play on my TV than my laptop.

But I just want to play it now. Why is waiting a thing?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

20230502092259-1.jpg

Instantly worst Rune Factory character.

Maybe we shouldn't have rescued her.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm torn on my current play pace. I'm intentionally holding back a bit to avoid being optimal and rushing through things too fast

You are still farther than me (I was too busy trying to court Beatrice).