• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, guess Ruben ain't using the Generics after all.

This doesnt mean they are superior in every aspect mind you, just that they arent trash like you would expect them to be.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tears of the Kingdom lets you crucify Koroks. 10/10.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

This is a Xeno reference right

Same energy

CrucChu.jpg

I don't plan on looking into TotK too much before I get it (though if there are any new dragons besides the three from the previous game, I'd like to know), but I watched some of the Treehouse presentation yesterday. I'm not sure how I feel about rubies being grenades now...

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hold up, I got something for you.

af0eab7d29d4584fbcdd26b37a1bc56a.jpg

Watch them reject being plumed.

-I did not manufacture any of the above drama. I assure you I wouldn’t have made any of that up. I hyped against my usual inclination not to hype, and got slammed in a way I did not think possible.😆 I did not imagine Rune Factory would have RNG in its bonding, it’s not like Fire Emblem does, and we know it’d be far more fitting there. (Just think of it- “Failed to Achieve B Support, Try Again Next Chapter”. Or an alternative version of a Support because Character Y failed a 35% roll at the B Support to help Character Z overcome their fear of birds, and instead got Brave-Astra-Luna-Crit-punched in the face when Character Z panicked. The A Support now has Character Z visiting Character Y still in the infirmary, vowing never to overreact to birds again b/c of the injury they inflicted on their friend.)

My blood was boiling for a while thereafter.😤 Maybe I’m too attached to video games. A little baking began lowing the pressure, as did sitting outside on the cool morning of a wonderful day and doing some reading.😌 -When I wasn’t getting up and moving around because bees and hornets were buzzing dangerously close to me, that is.🐝😱

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It made the autoscroller levels fun. How can you not love the autoscroller levels when Loogi gets a cute little submarine/plane for them? I wish every Mario game put the characters in little vehicles for the autoscroller levels.

Wario Land: Shake It!? The submarine levels there IIRC are autoscrollers.

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was not aware being rejected outside of romantic interests (and plot) was a thing in Rune Factory.

Neither was I.🤨 I believe it was the case in some prior games that you couldn't invite someone to be your special someone during a festival if they didn't have enough affection towards you, it was having a character show up on a limited invite list and still being turned down, thrice, which sent me over the edge into a ragequit of all things.

I usually hop on SF first thing in the morning before playing any video games for that day. I took the unusual step of jumping into RF5 without as much as a side glance today, that's how stupid-hyped I was before the mood was killed.

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pokemon Company be like "$70 🥺👉👈"

Technically, TPC has already been charging more, for a long time. There is no longer any need to have two versions for every Pokemon generation (the third version has finally been replaced by modern DLC), and yet they keep doing it, and some players keep buying both. That's more than 70 bucks right there.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20230512_162537415437290498580443.jp

Tears of the Kingdom lets you crucify Koroks. 10/10.

Good, but not good enough. Take the forest sprite off the cross, chop it, shave it, glue it, and make it part of a new crucifix destined to hang its kin upon it. Then invade the woods and make a grand basilica in oak out of the Great Deku Tree!

*Cough* Sorry, Ganondorf might've cursed me.

-------

20230512143331-1.jpg20230512143313-1.jpg20230512145253-1.jpgScreen-Shot-2023-05-12-at-3-21-47-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2023-05-12-at-3-22-05-PM.png20230512150247-1.jpgScreen-Shot-2023-05-12-at-3-33-49-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2023-05-12-at-3-37-05-PM.png20230512144729-1.jpg20230512143747-1.jpg20230512143752-1.jpg20230512143802-1.jpg

Better.🍿🥰

Only now have I noticed that Ares is shorter than every guy except Cecil. Maybe it’s b/c I’m tall IRL, but this feels weird.🤔 You would think a fixed avatar character should be of median height for their gender & age group for the sake of being "average". I’m also not fond of how close they brought in the camera. The initial distance further out when you bring your chosen companion to the other beach was better, it hid the fact that Rune Factory is made on what properly or perhaps generously could be described as a AA budget, with sufficient yet-clearly-not-great 3D models.

Looks like this festival doesn’t give one drop of relationship points to whoever you choose. It’s purely dialogue for dialogue’s sake, which I don’t mind one bit.😀

I checked all the bachelors’ conversations; not gonna bother with the bachelorettes’ and non-marriage NPCs’, they wouldn’t hold my attention right now.

Ranking the events, it’s.:

1. Martin
  2. Reinhard
  3. Lucas
  4. Murakumo
  5. Ryker
  6. Cecil

Cecil, setting aside my oft-stated age issue with him, had by far the shortest scene. He ended up in my selectable 7 and I chose him solely b/c Martin’s which I had seen beforehand mentioned their childhood and I wanted to see if Cecil’s touched on it. Cecil’s version shared a portion of Martin’s event, but made no mention of their childhood. It was a plain dud. Which, when the game has like 23 variations for this event, is understandable, yet a flop is still a flop. Not merely last, deader than dead last.

Ryker brought out the chuni-after-dark, which was appreciable. However, it reminded me he doesn’t bring out that side enough outside of this scene, he needs more of the zaniness to compensate for being sleepy and ordinary by day, he is otherwise inoffensive yet kinda bland. I feel like the late-night-chunibyo also makes it implicitly more understandable why he respects and works under Palmo the eccentrically-dramatic artist-carpenter, Ryker isn’t entirely that different. -Getting back to this specific scene, a dialogue choice in it was a nice idea (the only one of the dateable mens' to do so), even if one answer seemed to produce a shorter -yet not bad- result. Ryker’s event was the only one without explicit romantic tones to it too.

Lucas, watching it online, I wasn’t enthralled with it at first. Yet rewinding it a bit, the shape he had the fireflies take was a heart 💘, I didn’t catch that first time. Now that makes it subdued yet explicitly romantic in a gentlemanly way, good on you Lucas.😉 It also highlighted this “I’m a god” aspect he insists of himself (but which I haven’t a full explanation of yet) in his ability to communicate with and command insects in a way clearly not ordinary. I liked it.

Murakumo’s focuses on him as a giant, but a tries-to-be gentle giant. Not bad, about on par with Lucas’s. He is still in the top-two marriage material for me. In part of out of pity.

20230511111400-1.jpg

Martin and Reinhard are young pretty men, poor Murakumo is only getting older and could use the companionship.🥺

Martin and Reinhard are tied for the top spot for this event. Even watching it online, Reinhard’s waltz lesson on the beach is gooooooooood.😍 And it lets him do something he didn’t get much of a chance to do before coming to Rigbarth. So it ain’t just a treat for Ares/me.😋 No actual dancing motions on the part of the characters is tolerable, since Rune Factory is budget. I accept that, it ain’t like I didn’t spend last month playing SRW, a franchise which has to relegate so many fun and dramatic events in its storytelling to still-portraits and words all the time.

Martin’s childhood chatter sounded like something I’d find in a olde Story of Seasons summer fireworks festival.🎆 He mentions his little brother, but thankfully it doesn’t read like it’s all about Cecil, which would’ve seriously dampened it. Though he has a stoic (though not cold) veneer, Martin’s sweetness surfaces with only minimal denial if that, no overdone tsundere response. He even turns unexpectedly flirtatious at the end.😍

-Yes, I know these barring any pronoun adjustments ought to be the exact same for Alice as it is for Ares. Doesn't matter one iota to me though.😄

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

lol I just recently saw that too.

Alfred would be absolute garbage at anything even remotely kinky. He would deny that she's a bad girl, sincerely apologize when accused of being a bad boy himself, miss the gates to heaven with his battering ram and promptly fall asleep.

And that's what makes him so lovable.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Pokemon Company be like "$70 🥺👉👈"

Nobody could say no to a cute Pikachu face.

...Until the Pikachu glitches out and loses half its face, then it becomes nightmarish.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah generic-Blade runs is mostly possible. I say mostly because you are mandated the plot-relevant Blades into the party. But yes, you can fill your squad with Generics. Some Generics even have skills that none of the Rares have. Really good skills too.

In NG+, you can actually go full Generics, as the story Blades aren't mandated in the party.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-2-100-complete-save.516830/

Wait, actually, i just realized...

I can bench Rex.

I can just put the story blades on Rex, and throw the whole cringe package into oblivion!

Well, guess Ruben ain't using the Generics after all.

Naaah they're still generics. Generics beat real playables, every time.

Ave, true to Caesar?

*Awe

Seriously it bugged me the hell out how they would pronounce it differently every time. I want to believe it was intentional lol

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Watch them reject being plumed.

Covenant would've ended so differently if you-know-who had just said "no" when Wyl said "feather o'er the battlefield" for the first time. Fauxnel might not even have caused a civil war, considering the implications! Though, given he seemed to need no pushing at all to do the other major horrible thing he did... Ehhh. Maybe he would've done it anyway. Just for the fun of it. After all, he finds that DEATH civilizes barbarians best.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-I did not manufacture any of the above drama. I assure you I wouldn’t have made any of that up.

Oh no, I get it. Reminded me of my own righteous fury at pixels. Though, frankly, I probably have pettier reasons most of the time.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wario Land: Shake It!? The submarine levels there IIRC are autoscrollers.

Never played that one, myself. Interesting.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I checked all the bachelors’ conversations; not gonna bother with the bachelorettes’ and non-marriage NPCs’, they wouldn’t hold my attention right now.

Now there's a man who has his priorities straight.

...Forgive me.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

*Awe

Seriously it bugged me the hell out how they would pronounce it differently every time. I want to believe it was intentional lol

No, it is written as Ave. But in Latin, it's pronounced Awe. W did not exist back then.

And yes, it's intentional. Caesar was dead set in ensuring his people would speak Latin properly, so often you'd have Legion aligned characters using the correct terms (Awe, Caesar with hard C sound, etc), while the "common" people pronounced it the modern way (Ave, Caesar with soft C sound, etc).

Of course, sometimes people using one pronunciation or the other also depended on what they thought of the guy and/or Legion. Like a certain Burning Man pronouncing Caesar with soft C to show he had renounced his ties with the Legion.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can just put the story blades on Rex, and throw the whole cringe package into oblivion!

Main Blades are locked to (X) character so that wont work. Also you cant remove Pyra/Mythra until NG+. 

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, took a look at chapter 23 earlier.

Six freeze staves.

...Yeah, I'm good for tonight, thanks.

Aoe silence/entrap

It was quite fun trying to figure out how to play around them honestly

16 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Main Blades are locked to (X) character so that wont work. Also you cant remove Pyra/Mythra until NG+. 

https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-2-100-complete-save.516830/

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Aoe silence/entrap

I was gonna try AoE restore, but that definitely sounds faster.

...Dang it, but that won't work with my set-up. Kenny doesn't have the staff rank for entrap. Might have to give Micaiah to Vandad...

Oh wait, if I buy him bond level 18 he gets to use A staves. Guess I'll do that.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It was quite fun trying to figure out how to play around them honestly

I just hope this doesn't turn into a Conquest situation where I need to hoard entraps for the surprise freeze clusters

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You get much much more staves this time around

Nah yeah, and even then, I just realized if it comes to that, I can just rewarp half the team to them instead lol

Honestly, the better handling of staves is one of the biggest things that makes me like this game better. I've actually enjoyed using staves throughout the game. Burned a warp and a rescue fixing mistakes or doing some cool stuff, and freeze has been a lifesaver on more than one occasion. Heck, I dare say this is the game where I've enjoyed staffing the most. In Thracia it was too important, hated the super warpskippy lategame, but this is great.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah yeah, and even then, I just realized if it comes to that, I can just rewarp half the team to them instead lol

Honestly, the better handling of staves is one of the biggest things that makes me like this game better. I've actually enjoyed using staves throughout the game. Burned a warp and a rescue fixing mistakes or doing some cool stuff, and freeze has been a lifesaver on more than one occasion. Heck, I dare say this is the game where I've enjoyed staffing the most. In Thracia it was too important, hated the super warpskippy lategame, but this is great.

Yeah i agree with that. It feels cool to use staves liberally without it feeling like a win button ez. It's a nice balance between CQ and thracia Engage was able to achieve

lol I'll end up not even needing to entrap or anything. Just have to figure out how to handle the fliers and I'm actually good. I just charged straight at the royal knights, they didn't even know what hit 'em. Zelkov Zelkoved the wyrm. Not bad, for night-time.

EDIT: Alfred killed a griffon with a crit. I mean, kinda cheap, but if the game wants it that way, sure, I can go with that!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Feel kinda bad. I got really lucky, got a few crits and one very important dual assist from Lapis. I'm still kinda happy of how I handled it overall, with Kenny shooting rewarp groups all over the place, like in the old times. But I probably would've needed to employ more finesse if I hadn't gotten lucky. Eh.

...problem is, now I'm under extra pressure to not lose lol. No good continuing now, I'm starting to feel drowsy. Tomorrow it is, then.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah sadly NG+ kinda ruins the experience imo by having all affinity chart abilities already unlocked still unlocked. 

I mean, since you dont care about XC either way it doesnt matter. 

Why is Monolith so insistent on having a lame NG+? C'mon, Monolith, make NG+ a true challenge instead of a "I get to wreck the enemies that wrecked me on my first playthrough" kinda thing.

Edited by Lightcosmo

On 5/3/2023 at 2:38 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I do remember from Bulbapedia that between Def-halving, high power in a game with a shortage of move diversity & potency, and no recharge turn if it kills, that Hyper Beam seems crazy good in Gen 1.

Except for in Pokemon Stadium, where it ALWAYS had the recharge turn.

Also, did I tell yous about the time when Smogon had a unanimous ban vote in a suspect test?

Edited by Shadow Mir

20 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Why is Monolith so insistent on having a lame NG+? C'mon, Monolith, make NG+ a true challenge instead of a "I get to wreck the enemies that wrecked me on my first playthrough" kinda thing.

I mean, that's better suited for a higher difficulty level. If you want to still have the game be challenging while replaying it then just... start a regular New Game.

51 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, that's better suited for a higher difficulty level. If you want to still have the game be challenging while replaying it then just... start a regular New Game.

Then you dont get all the bells and whistles NG+ has like a 3rd accessory slot, for example.

The ability to send unique Blades on Merc missions. (Such as Pyra and Mythra)

These Zonai Shrines have CrossCode-tier puzzles. This is good.

This game is also like Xenoblade X, both because the Depths wouldn't be out of place there and also because everything in this game will kill you.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is no longer any need to have two versions for every Pokemon generation

I'll say SV co-op actually justified it, since if you join a room and at least one player has the other version, Pokemon from both will show up.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

can bench Rex

*After you get a fourth party member.

4 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Xenoblade 2 NG+ is one of the best NG+ out there thanks to the sheer amount of content it added.

Okay, finished things at Amberl and made it back to Bose. Talked to Nial. I think I'll stop for now. Will continue next time.