Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, after more than a year of hiatus, I've resumed my Sky FC playthrough.

Didn't do much yet, just went from Bose to Amberl Tower. Will climb it up after work...

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Many say that with Brave weapons, it's way too reliable. 4x the opportunities to get a dual strike sounds really strong, for sure.

I don't know, I think I prefer having a sure chance of the thing happening, even if the thing is a bit weaker, than having to gamble. It's not like brave weapons exist for the entire game or are in unlimited supply anyway lol

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

uyAS0P6.png

I like that more than dirk theory (XBC3 Spoilers)

Spoiler

Figures Rex was there, too. Rex is literally every videogame character's dad. He fucked everyone.

The fact that he has survived a game and a DLC is utterly incredible.

Though I'd argue the fact that we never see her naked would dash any possibility that she is connected to Xenoblade lolololololol rolf lmao gottem

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Finally got to the Seaside Lights Festival, since I foolishly didn't enact the Flower Festival over unwarranted Seed Point concerns, this was my first dating festival in RF5. Went to the beach early when all the bachelors were gathered together, they had a group dialogue, that was neat, haven't seen that before in this game, it could've used more of it. I failed to chat with the ladies when they were all huddled on the sands in the morning, oh well.

...Looks like you need a minimum of 5 FP/LP to invite someone to see the lights with you when the night falls. There goes saving & reloading to view all the guys' scenes. On the positive side you can even platonically bond with the non-marriage candidate characters. But, I invite Ryker, I ought to be able to see half the bachelors' festival scenes at least.

He turns me down... ... ... ...

😑

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What. The. Hell!? I have spend IRL days eagerly awaiting a chance to get the gay on with this event and you let the character reject me!?! What's the goddamn point of not putting them on the selection list if less than 5FP/LP if all that results in is an anticlimactic nothing-scene? Since when did these events become about rewarding a near-maxed relationship as opposed to providing the bonding points that bring a less-than-perfect relationship closer to the affection maximum?

Let the sand they stand on give way, let the tides rise up! Drag everyone and this game into the watery depths of oblivion!

😡

Hold up, I got something for you.

af0eab7d29d4584fbcdd26b37a1bc56a.jpg

16 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

still pissed off he dyed his hair black

Wasn't that his natural hair color?

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

*Fans claim Awakening Dual Strike is simply just more reliable than Fates' version*

*me failing Dual Strikes in Awakening with 80% - 90% chance average more than 50% of the time*

...yeah, okay, more reliable. XD Fates' version believe it or not does have positives over Awakenings, and that would be one of them, even at half the damage it's still 100% active.

You're just unlicky, man

Overall, Fates' is more reliable (and balanced) than Awakening's, but the latter is stronger

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

don't know, I think I prefer having a sure chance of the thing happening, even if the thing is a bit weaker, than having to gamble. It's not like brave weapons exist for the entire game or are in unlimited supply anyway lol

Spotpass makes them buyable. 

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

You're just unlicky, man

Overall, Fates' is more reliable (and balanced) than Awakening's, but the latter is stronger

I think most underestimate the "reliable" portion of Fates' Dual Strike system.

Like i agree that overall it's stronger, but sometimes it just doesn't feel like that matters when i cant get them to go off. 

5 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

You're just unlicky, man

In my experience, Dual Strike in Awakening was the best kind of mechanic: The kind that might as well not exist, because since it's not reliable, I can never factor it into any strategies, so most of the time I just went "huh neat" or "that was Gregor's kill you dick" when it happened. I don't recall a single instance in which it actually had any impact on my strategy.

...Of course, that is assuming strategy was something I employed at any point of my Awakening playthrough. Which it wasn't, I just accidentally found the godmode by reclassing Panne to griffon and then proceeded to speedrun the game in one afternoon.

One of these days I gotta give the rebalance mod another whirl. From what I recall I enjoyed what I played more than vanilla Awakening, but the mod went a wee bit overboard with the difficulty and I ended up dropping it. I know the creator worked on it a bit more afterwards, I wonder how much it changed.

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I think most underestimate the "reliable" portion of Fates' Dual Strike system.

Like i agree that overall it's stronger, but sometimes it just doesn't feel like that matters when i cant get them to go off. 

It's so reliable, it shows up in the HUD. You not only can strategize around it, but it is encouraged. The system is a key part of what makes Fates great, and it's entirely because it isn't left up to chance. Being stronger in Awakening is completely irrelevant. It's less a trade-off and more the reason the mechanic works in one game and not in the other.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

Figures Rex was there, too. Rex is literally every videogame character's dad. He fucked everyone.

Spoiler

Genkhis khan of gaming, wholesome edition

Spoiler

The fact that he has survived a game and a DLC is utterly incredible.

Spoiler

That's because he doesn't have any kids in FE

50 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Wasn't that his natural hair color?

Yeah, still liked blond more. Not to mention i am quite against the whole conformist crap, so...

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just accidentally found the godmode by reclassing Panne to griffon and then proceeded to speedrun the game in one afternoo

FE's future because people like Awakening and 3 Houses more than Fates and Engage on average 😞

Like everytime IS puts effort into gameplay they get lambasted to hell and back, and if they put into story they get all the praise in the world eve if FE writing at it's peak barely reaches B tier if even that

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

Genkhis khan of gaming, wholesome edition

Spoiler

More like cringe edition, he's the worst of the playable characters in his game. Morag should've been everyone's mom instead.

Actually, on that matter, I must say, I may have treated Xeno 2 too harshly. Now that I better understand the distinction between playables and blades, I kinda like Xeno 2's main playable cast the best out of the three games, design-wise. Rex is really ugly, but the rest are all pretty cool-looking.

...The problem is the blades. I don't think I've seen a single blade whose design actually like lol. Hey, riddle me this, bladeless possible at all?

Hide contents

That's because he doesn't have any kids in FE

Spoiler

Plot twist: The curse isn't that dads die, it's that would-be-dads who got NTRd die. Rex literally murdered every dad in fiction by NTRing them.

Rex is the biggest villlain in the history of mankind.

FE's future because people like Awakening and 3 Houses more than Fates and Engage on average 😞

Like everytime IS puts effort into gameplay they get lambasted to hell and back, and if they put into story they get all the praise in the world eve if FE writing at it's peak barely reaches B tier if even that

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they could just start releasing full on VNs and see greater success. A large part of the playerbase doesn't give half a crap about this series' gameplay, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they could just start releasing full on VNs and see greater success. A large part of the playerbase doesn't give half a crap about this series' gameplay, unfortunately.

Don't curl that monkey paw...

So I've been playing Super Luigi Land. I don't know why. I failed to get Luigi Odyssey working and I just randomly got the urge.

I beat it yesterday. Fun little game. Really odd physics, but I like how weird the game is. More Mario games should ditch the traditional world themes.

Also

9UeF9J11_o.png

Why does it say that there? That character is not in this game.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't curl that monkey paw...

Emblem Kart

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why does it say that there? That character is not in this game.

It's Luigi's last name, of course.

Also for as janky and poorly aged and weird as this game is, I have to give it props for one thing. It did what no other Mario game has ever managed.

It made the autoscroller levels fun. How can you not love the autoscroller levels when Loogi gets a cute little submarine/plane for them? I wish every Mario game put the characters in little vehicles for the autoscroller levels.

3 minutes ago, ping said:

It's Luigi's last name, of course.

Ahh, too true. I almost forgot.

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, riddle me this, bladeless possible at all?

No lol

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think I've seen a single blade whose design actually like lol

Not even generic blades?

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And it still won't be well written, that's the problem

No lol

Curses!

Not even generic blades?

...Oh.

Oooooooohhhhh

Oho, ho!

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

FE's future because people like Awakening and 3 Houses more than Fates and Engage on average

Hey! Im one of those! Xd

Can't speak for Fates as I haven't really played it yet, but with the other three... I put them just about equal in enjoyment.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

That said, CHOKE THE POINT in Leif's Paralogue remains the most... euphoric fun I've had with FE in recent years.

I don't think I've seen something so simultaneously horny and wholesome in a long time.

Alfred's the best.

52 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ruben we sees generic:

give-me-give-it-to-me-now.gif

Relive the glory days of Bernd the Godslayer.

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That said, CHOKE THE POINT in Leif's Paralogue remains the most... euphoric fun I've had with FE in recent years.

Funny how that was like, the most boring part of the game for me

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:
I don't think I've seen something so simultaneously horny and wholesome in a long time.

Alfred's the best.

lol I just recently saw that too.

13 hours ago, Scaramuccia said:

Engine cost isn't a big part of the cost for games like ToTK(even if there is a room for discussion how much effort they spend upgrading it - fuse system, for example is a huge thing to develop) - the real cost is to create the world. There are other projects that use similar size open sandbox worlds, but they don't handcraft them to the level BOTW did it. And ToTK looks the continuation of the same logic - every location in this huge world is handcrafted and polished - it is a crazy amount of work and the main reason that there is not that many such games on the market.

It's the creativity of Zelda Team combined with the world-design expertise of Monolith Soft. Nobody does it like them.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All things considered, having now heard all the wild stuff the game does, the extra 10 bucks is probably justified for TotK. I just think it's important to call it into question so people like the Pokemon Company don't get the idea to up their prices too haha.

Pokemon Company be like "$70 🥺👉👈"

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looks like you need a minimum of 5 FP/LP to invite someone to see the lights with you when the night falls. There goes saving & reloading to view all the guys' scenes. On the positive side you can even platonically bond with the non-marriage candidate characters. But, I invite Ryker, I ought to be able to see half the bachelors' festival scenes at least.

He turns me down... ... ... ...

😑

What. The. Hell!?

I was not aware being rejected outside of romantic interests (and plot) was a thing in Rune Factory.

Oh.

Oooooooohhhhh

Oho, ho!

Yeah generic-Blade runs is mostly possible. I say mostly because you are mandated the plot-relevant Blades into the party. But yes, you can fill your squad with Generics. Some Generics even have skills that none of the Rares have. Really good skills too.

In NG+, you can actually go full Generics, as the story Blades aren't mandated in the party.