• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Benice said:

I remember dropping my FE6 Ironman because my Elen had two magic at level 20 (not two magic levels, just... literally two magic), while also having, like, +4 speed and +defense...

+5 defense? Fucking incredible. Tanklen. Cry her a river, pervy priest.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I don't think the video is even about sales, people saying "Engage fell off" because games need multi-year discussions apparently. Games can't just run it's course.

Not after Three Houses. It set the precedent for what the series must be going forward. Big story times, loys of moral dilemmas and grey undertones to provide plenty of controversy for years to come.

Imagine if now it turns out the leaker did a typo and the remake is of FE6

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Finally caved and made Short Spears identical to Light Spears in terms of stats. Well, 7+1H instead of 8+1H to at least slightly justify Light Spears still existing.
Tried something similar with the Log Splitter. Lowering it from 11 might to 4 might in exchange for +10 hit. That... did not work out. The earlygame has way too many enemies that rely on Log Splitters to be threatening because they practically have no strength stat. Definitely needs to be reversed.
If only I could just modify the shop stocks directly instead of messing around with global variables like that. Not to mention I would rather not get rid of trash weapons entirely. They at least still serve a purpose in saving money. One needs to be able to afford furniture somehow.

Yeah, the problem with editing weapons like this is that you have to take into account that enemies use weapons too.

Gonna try something goofy with Enid to make her class change more reliable. I lowered her magic base to 0 and increased her magic growth to 100%. So now she should reach 5 magic at exactly level 6, which I suppose is also normally the earliest opportunity for her to get that all-important 2nd point of magic anyway. So it doesn't sound too dumb on paper.
What really concerns me are the long-term consequences of a 100% magic growth. I lowered the magic base of the Flame Fencer class to 0 as well. Hopefully the game follows the old "stat caps are bases + 15" rule, so this doesn't end with her getting like 20+ magic or something. 15 magic at level 16+ would not be too crazy, I think.
But let's see how stupid this gets. I think it's worth a shot at least.

Sounds like she's gonna wreak havoc.

I'm glad I was able to finish my previous run just in time to start a new game to celebrate the 18th anniversary of Tear Ring Saga Series - Lazberia Chronicles Chapter 174: Berwick Saga.

Doesn't seem there is any new fanart, but at least a bit more for Tear Ring Saga has popped up.

Actually, since I brought it up... I know I'm not going to bother playing a FE4 remake, because I got all I wanted out of that game, and I've zero reason to go through it again except with shitty loading times and wasteful hub areas on top of the walking.

But... I'm also wondering if I would bother with a FE6 remake, either. HD Dougy would be epic, but at the same time, it'll have Switch loading times and a hub and I really, really wouldn't care for any of that when I have the original. Not to mention IntSys sucks at retroactively adding characters and stuff to their older stories. FE6 already has Merlinus, it doesn't need a Conrad to save Echidna or something terrible like that.

Still would vastly prefer it to a FE4 remake, regardless. FE6 has great designs and I'd love to see them updated, especially if they got Hidari again to do it. Whether I play it or not is another matter.

I'm glad I was able to finish my previous run just in time to start a new game to celebrate the 18th anniversary of Tear Ring Saga Series - Lazberia Chronicles Chapter 174: Berwick Saga.

Doesn't seem there is any new fanart, but at least a bit more for Tear Ring Saga has popped up.

Clearly I'll have to draw some

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I got the whole fit. Now to put the Fierce Deity Sword on display to prevent it from breaking. I can get a new one from Bargainer Statues tho, recovering legendary weapons like these is actually pretty simple.

I was wondering if it was replaceable. That is one blade you don't want to shatter. Would otherwise make having it seem rather useless.

Oh and also

FxLwurlaEAA1yv6?format=jpg&name=large

I'm sure this is after it has been purged of evil, right?😐

I think it fits too. There is that popular theory that Link is dead the whole time in Majora's Mask, given how the game represents the stages of grief (i don't actually think Link is dead, doesn't make sense either in a post-TP world) but if it hypothetically were, Link has reached enlightenment by the end. Him donning the Fierce Deity's mask to strike down Majora, who inflicted suffering on all of Termina.

In a way, it makes sense why Fierce Deity curbstomps Majora so badly.

What is suffering in a Buddhist context? An ouroboros endless cycle of life-death-rebirth, samsara. Termina is stuck in an endless cycle. Link, in helping all the people of Termina with their mundane problems, shows compassion to the most ordinary of living beings trapped in this cyclical world. Through compassion, one becomes enlightened.

And now I’ll mention that the wrathful Wisdom Kings are often regarded as incarnations of the peaceful buddhas and bodhisattvas. Who pairs with who varies from scripture to scripture. Fudo Myoo in one instance is equated with Vairocana, who is another form of Siddhartha Gautama Buddha (Vairocana being his “cosmic” incarnation), the historical Buddha.

If a peaceful, meditative person like a buddha can have a fiercer form, being a symbolic representation of their boundless burning desire to eradicate suffering. (That’s not weird, don’t we appreciate people IRL who nonviolently fight passionately against social injustice?) Then Link, as the kindhearted Hero of Time, can surely have a form infused with the element of darkness yet have it be a force for good.

-I'm not saying any of this was intended, yet it's fun to invent an interpretation.😆

There is a reason why Red Testament is very hated (in a good way). This is it.

Glad I was able to pick up on it.😅

I remember you’ve stated the quality of the Testaments varies. I can see how you would regard Red Testament as the saving grace of the Testaments. As for the others...

Spoiler
  • Black Testament requires lolpre-smartcellphonegame to fully appreciate. And I doubt Voyager shall get the attention he needs with everything hurriedly crammed into Episode III like the grave goods in Tutankhamen's tomb.
  • White Testament… I need to see more for myself, but I remember you were disappointed with White as White.

Blue Testament was okay IMO. Although, there is one thing about him that has come to me now.:

• White Testament has ties to Jr. and MOMO.
  • Black Testament goes with Ziggy.
  • Red Testament goes with Shion, and to a lesser extent KOS-MOS.
  • KOS-MOS also has a non-Testament in T-elos.
  • Jin doesn't have a Testament, but he has Margulis (maybe it’s his VA being very good, but I don’t think he has been a bad lesser villain) and what's-her-name.
  • Though the details of their ties be still unknown to me, chaos and Wilhelm form another hero-villain pair.

Blue Testament goes with… Shion. Two Testaments for her?🤔 TBF, Jr. also has Yuriev as a second villain, and Shion is the lead of XS, she deserves more than one. Nonetheless, Blue’s ties to Shion aren’t as intense as those with Red. Blue… was made intentionally inferior to Red? Like overcoming Blue requires one step of development for Shion (or would've had he more time to antagonize and Shion overcome his antagonism), overcoming Red shall require a colossal leap.

On that note, Xenosaga’s attempt at giving every hero a long-term villain is commendable. Better than XG for sure, and perhaps any Xenoblade.

Oh, and one observation I belatedly came to yesterday. Those afflicted by U-DO contamination being reduced to a comatose state could possibly derive from classic sci-fi literature. U-DO and the Wave Existence both take inspiration from the incomprehensible Overmind of Childhood’s End. The very last generation of humanity gradually becomes one with the Overmind as part of the species’s evolution. When they do so, they enter a comatose state, doing nothing except move around in a trance when the time comes at last when they all gather and transcend this plane of existence and go *poof* out of this world along with the Earth. (Sad/ominous/mysterious ending yes.)

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

After living on my own for two weeks, idk if I've actually gotten used to this. I never realized just how fast the dishes pile up on the sink or just how much effort it actually takes to clean the house. Like I've done this stuff before obviously, but never in the capacity of living on my own.

The bliss of living rent-free with complementary cleaning services, aka "why living with your parents ain't so bad".😛

I get your point. Perspectives change when going from 2 to 1, going from 1 to 2 halves the workload per person, from 2 to 1 doubles it. There is hardly a more drastic change than that.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

AJFCJaWhns_yiOc4ZhuOsxAz1LI1Yas_a9iX77K-

Even as a dying old man Isshin Ashina makes for an imposing final boss.

So I have now beaten all the bosses in Sekiro, and I am rather tempted to go for all achievements. The main things left are two more playthroughs for the other two endings, at least one has to be on a NG+2 cycle (there is not enough Lapis Lazuli to upgrade all Shinobi tools on a single run, and the worst ending I just got on NG+, ends the game before you reach any of it), and getting enough skill points for the last couple skills (might require some pointless grinding near the end, we will see). Not sure if I will follow through with it, and also tempted to just go to NG+3 for the last ending, but we will see how it goes.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imagine if now it turns out the leaker did a typo and the remake is of FE6

The good timeline.

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But... I'm also wondering if I would bother with a FE6 remake, either. HD Dougy would be epic, but at the same time, it'll have Switch loading times and a hub and I really, really wouldn't care for any of that when I have the original.

Oh please, we all know IntSys remakes FE games to a fault. I doubt FE6 would have a hub area.

57 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That is one blade you don't want to shatter. Would otherwise make having it seem rather useless.

You can fuse it to like a Silver Lynel Horn for really really good damage and extended durability. But it would still eventually break yes.

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not saying any of this was intended, yet it's fun to invent an interpretation.😆

That is the case for a lot of media. Like it's usually the author going "it looks cool" but we can apply different meanings to it.

The fact that Chad is frontlining better than Alen.

It will take everything I have to use Alen instead of one of Noah or Treck. Especially is Zelot gets a couple good levels and manages to stay onbord.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The good timeline.

Oh, absolutely.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh please, we all know IntSys remakes FE games to a fault. I doubt FE6 would have a hub area.

I wouldn't be so sure. They haven't been as consistent as you make them out to be (see DSFE reclassing, Echoes's transformation of the explorable areas) and the hubs look like they're here to stay. Even though they suck and waste so much time.

Heck, I daresay if the remake does turn out to be Genealogy, the castles are all but guaranteed to be turned into hubs. For extra loss of time!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, I daresay if the remake does turn out to be Genealogy, the castles are all but guaranteed to be turned into hubs. For extra loss of time!

Genealogy wasting your time would track tbh.

Also, Elen got more speed. She is now the third fastest unit on the team, tied with Dieck and beating Lugh, Marcus and her fellow priest. She's gonna be the speediest Elen to ever be, with a very sweet 3 magic on the side. Sheesh...

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Genealogy wasting your time would track tbh.

Hah! Too true.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

The Home Castles as explorable bases is certainly one thing I would hope to see in a Genealogy remake.

With ten of them and at least one from every country, I'd expect minimum for them all to have different layouts and designs, letting us see the architechtural styles of every corner of Jugdral.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The hubs are more fun than FE4 gameplay tho

Or maybe the Engage team can make FE4 gameplay fun. They certainly did with Sigurd's paralogue

Pursuit sounds like the kind of thing they would change, at least.

If it was up to me, I'd make it so doubling is the standard "X AS over the opponent", while Pursuit could say, I don't know, change it to "Just the unit's AS > opponet's AS".

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Good tbh

I mean, i don't think its bad to change the system, but there are some core aspects that make the game what it is. 

It would be like removing Blades from XC2. Xd

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pursuit sounds like the kind of thing they would change, at least.

If it was up to me, I'd make it so doubling is the standard "X Spd over the opponent", while Pursuit could say, I don't know, change it to "Just the unit's Spd > opponet's Spd".

One of the most controversial skills in the series next to Awakening Galeforce? Yeah, it would be changed.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Or

Remove the gacha, make rare blades akin to Hero quests in xbc3

Just mod and set their rates higher. Xd

I think the Hero quest idea was solid, it just got a bit repetitive after a while. It needed some fine tuning.

Speaking about xbc2

I only have Newt and Zenobia remaining to get for full blade gang

Popped like 100 crystals yesterday and still didn't get em lmao

Also fuck Elma: Redux already starts with shadow clones lol

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One of those ideas was a lot like Fates’ “My Castle” feature. You could move up and down the streets freely, build relationships, and visit lovers’ rooms and such. But this was ultimately rejected due to space limitations. So, when we were looking at the “My Castle” plans, we were like, “Huh? This is a lot like ‘Holy War!'”

https://serenesforest.net/2016/06/20/making-of-fire-emblem-genealogy-of-changes/

Stated by a man who was an FE graphics designer at the time of Genealogy, and at the time this article was written, 2016, was still a producer at IS.

This idea seems to have been when the game was known as "Holy Sword Elm Kaiser". When it was more experimental, before it was toned down into Sword Emblem and then outright Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. This not-so-FE early development period also would've been when IS also considered squads for units instead of individual characters.

In a different article, it seems Path of Radiance considered reviving the idea of an explorable base. But it settled for mere menus. (Considering PoR's plot, they would've had to have designed more than a few bases with the heroes crossing the continent, probably a waste of resources. Greil Mercenaries' Fort, Gallia, Boat, Begnion, Daein, Lategame Crimea, that's six.)

---

If hubs are an inevitability for FE4 Remake, then could IS please give each country's unique architecture? That's all I'll request. Look up "famous castles/mansions/churches in European Country X" and blatantly copy them IS. I don't care if you turn Castle Chalphy into Neuschwanstein (which was built in the late 1800s), just give each country some visual flavor. Go ahead and turn Meath into the Alhambra while you're at it.

Oh, and one other request. Install "love benches" everywhere in every castle, where two people can sit well-spaced from each other and hold hands fully clothed eyes only occasionally glancing at each other, for a few extra LP. Hopefully that's nothing too risqué.😘

31 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

20230528_155544.jpg

Looks lovely.😄

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, no.

They just don't care if their changes break something. Like putting the weapon triangle into a game where 90% of enemies use lances. Or giving slow, armored 2 range units suddenly 10 range without changing anything about the unit layout. Or giving every archer in Wolf's desert fort 4-5 range when they originally only had 2 except for the boss.

At least I can say my stupid global variable changes have at least a little more thought put into them.