Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is El Salvador not in South America? *Googles*

Deshonor a tu vaca.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It definitely is though it could just be because the Gerudo swear allegiance to Hyurle. Just like how the Rito have chiefs and the Gorons have elders.

But then the Zora have kings. Hmm.

The politics of Hyrule are hardly discussed, even in this game. Though it doesn't really matter.

Vassal states? They can have Kings whiles still having Hyrule as a Suzerain.

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, thinking about it, I don't think I've ever used Klein before. Man's just easy to forget, compared to Wolt's meme mastery, Dorothy's status as anime's one and only unattractive girl, and Igrene's great character.

I suppose I owe him a shot. As much as I'd rather just use Igrene again lol

My last run through that I stuck with Dorothy and believe it or not she impressed the hell outta me. Was a big help in Ch 21

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Elen got the first promotion of the run. I hate how much of an afterthought light magic is in this game. Being weak, I can accept. Being exclusive to the bishop class, I can work with. But why in the everloving world does the first lightning tome have to be available for purchase at chapter 11? Any run I want to seriously use either of the healers, they are already ready for promotion at chapter 9! There's a shop there, let me get a lightning tome so Elen can start doing stuff!

She's still probably the best candidate for promotion, though. Lilina is still in training, Lugh might get shafted by deployment slots and Elen rammed her level cap already. Would prefer for her to keep gaining levels without delay.

wgudf5f6_o.png

...Especially when they're looking like this. Hot damn, Elen.

Im more partially to Clarine... but I’ll admit Im kinda biased because my wife looks like Clarine but without her snooty ass attitude 😁

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Weakness. I will not drop 'em til the game itself drops. Sure, two of them're gonna have to wait till chapter 16 to get movement, unless I pull off the impossible Early Perceval recruitment and the even more impossible survival of his knights in chapter 13, but I have faith. They will keep up and walk the distance.

Recruiting Percival in ch 13 aint too awful hard. I pulled it off a couple times. Now pickin up his buddies on the other hand is another story 😳That one Id hafta see done first

Worst part is gettin him the hell outta dodge with his ass in one piece once he turns. Gotta plow through enough of the enemy to grab your dancer outta the trees and then turn and burn back across the north bridge hoping you make it in time to catch up with your group before the reinforcements show up

4 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

My last run through that I stuck with Dorothy and believe it or not she impressed the hell outta me. Was a big help in Ch 21

Oh, I believe it. I've had my share of great Dorothies. Though favoritism always works in her favor, in my case. Gotta treat the only ordinary-looking girl in the entire series well,  I mean, we're never getting another one.

Im more partially to Clarine...

Pah. Pah, I say to you! I look down on you over my shoulder in disdain! I scoff, even. Do better. Use Elen instead next run. Clarine... tsk, tsk. What's next? You use Rootger~? Who needs good units, anyway. I'll spend 100 turns on Legance and Henning, and I will enjoy it.

but I’ll admit Im kinda biased because my wife looks like Clarine

Oh, uh...

Oh.

but without her snooty ass attitude 😁

Ah, good. Very good. I suppose one doesn't get to choose with these kinds of parallels. It could always be worse. My FE namesake is a barbaric deserter-turned-brigand who threatens to put the head of one of my favorite characters on a plate. Not only his head, but the heads of his family and relatives as well. That's a lot of plates he'll be needing.

Recruiting Percival in ch 13 aint too awful hard. I pulled it off a couple times. Now pickin up his buddies on the other hand is another story 😳That one Id hafta see done first

Worst part is gettin him the hell outta dodge with his ass in one piece once he turns. Gotta plow through enough of the enemy to grab your dancer outta the trees and then turn and burn back across the north bridge hoping you make it in time to catch up with your group before the reinforcements show up

See, the thing is, I value Perceval's knight's crest more than I value Perceval.

Eh, it's okay, though. Immediately after the bridge there's the desert, and then the horrid water temple. Getting that crest early really only matters for 15, which is a bit of a breather anyway. It's not like my armor army needs more movement.

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Vassal states? They can have Kings whiles still having Hyrule as a Suzerain.

That is true. Could also be a sign of good faith. I mean, the Zora control Hyrule's main water supply. It's a miracle there has never been any bad blood between Hylians and Zoras.

....River Zoras on the other hand....

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

....River Zoras on the other hand....

-Which have yet to appear in a non-2D/top-down game. And the OoT-TP-BotW Zoras all appear in exclusively freshwater environments, so much for being "Sea Zora".

Considering Nintendo fully introduced the Shiekah in BotW (as opposed to just Shiek & Impa) and then went ahead and gave them an evil offshoot, featuring the River Zora in a 3D game doesn't seem infeasible. Nintendo also gave the Sea Zora a serious redesign, so if the River were considered "too cartoonish & ugly" for 3D with a certain degree of realism, they could amend that.

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, I believe it. I've had my share of great Dorothies. Though favoritism always works in her favor, in my case.

Dorothy does have slightly better averages than the rest. 23/23/23 Str/Skl/Spd at 20/15 outdoes Wolt's 20/23/20, Igrene's 21/21/20, and Normal Klein's 18/19/17. Sue is 17/26/30, a serious Spd lead, but -6 Str is bad. Normal Sin is 22/24/26, but also "Busted, Boring, Do Not Use" in your categorization.

I saw that Hinoka got a Legendary variant in FEH and that was my reaction

I installed FEH again immediately and reignited the flame that I thought had gone out in my heart involving the franchise. Should I go back to playing Fates and create Ultimate Hinoka or should I go back to playing Shadows of Valentia and get the Blitzkrieg achievement again?

I'm itching to do the latter to prove someone wrong.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering Nintendo fully introduced the Shiekah in BotW (as opposed to just Shiek & Impa) and then went ahead and gave them an evil offshoot, featuring the River Zora in a 3D game doesn't seem infeasible. Nintendo also gave the Sea Zora a serious redesign, so if the River were considered "too cartoonish & ugly" for 3D with a certain degree of realism, they could amend that.

Forgot to say this earlier but TotK does confirm that Sidon's fiancé/wife is from another Domain. I headcanon she's from Labrynna.

It's not like anything deconfirms she's from there anyways. And since i doubt Nintendo will leave behind this particular incarnation of Link and Zelda (seriously they went out of their way), even if this is the last we'll see of this Hyrule, it doesn't mean there aren't more stories to tell. I could potentially see River Zoras show up in a hypothetical BotW 3.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

POV: You never built a navy and are heavily regretting it.

The Russian way is to send your men walking into the sea until there is a land bridge.

Also gives me flashbacks to the game where I conquered some oversea holdings from Castile and got called into a war against Great Britain immediately afterwards, which means that I was basically incapable of shipping over troops to fight the inevitable rebels and my Caribbean conquest almost flipped back to the Spanish. Oh, and then my ally (Holy Roman Emperor Bohemia, iirc) immediately rivaled me after that war was over. Bloody Czechs.

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I installed FEH again immediately and reignited the flame that I thought had gone out in my heart involving the franchise. Should I go back to playing Fates and create Ultimate Hinoka or should I go back to playing Shadows of Valentia and get the Blitzkrieg achievement again?

Play Berwick Saga.

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I'm itching to do the latter to prove someone wrong.

Clive solo?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Haha, funny thing about XC2 modding: when i raised the movement speed when in battle, i did not know it applied to any enemy that is a driver, so seeing Malos dart across the screen to give chase is so funny! 

Basically it's x1.5 higher at base affinity and x3.0 when maxed out.

"Mom can we have Superior Spider-Man"

"We have Superior Spider-Man at home"

Superior Spider-Man at home:

Screenshot_2023-05-31-11-53-18-16_40deb4

Not even Doc Ock is safe from Japan.

Resumed XS. Didn't realize that I was at the disc swap point, seems appropriate though with what just concluded.

As for all the scenes that followed, good, but tragic. Tragic, because yes, this seems all so sudden.

Invading the Chariot of God this soon, is Yuriev really being thrown on the sacrificial altar so quickly? Wilhelm is the true threat, but to see the other major, certainly independent antagonist killed off in rush? U-TIC/Ormus is going to outlast him? Leaves a bad taste for sure. Not to say I like Yuriev, he plenty smug & hatable. But whereas I have my suspicions Margulis is unknowingly waltzing to Wilhelm's strings, Yuriev is definitely his own man. Having rival, if unequal in power, important villains in opposition to each other, all decently-written, is real nice.

-I didn't finish the Merkabah though. My battery had me thinking of saving before the boss at the end but then ending it there. But, then I accidentally let some generics full-break my team and GO me.😑 So I came up for air a little sooner than expected. I wish this dungeon was all E.S. instead of only partly, as simple as it is, there is just something that pulls me in about seeing a mundane mecha missile volley.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Barthe got resistance.

Barthe actually got resistance.

...And I lost it because these archers are impossible to keep alive and I value the Orion Bolt more than Barthe's resistance.

Oh, well.

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Walked into the 7-11 for a bottle of water and got jumpscared

IMG20230531115541.jpg

But here's the question, does the chocolate come from child slave labor?

Oh my God, that took like six or seven tries, but I did it. Klein's archers lived. It required quite the tight strategizing, but that made it all the more satisfying once I pulled it off. Sadly, Barthe didn't get resistance again, but he did get speed.

I even managed to pick up Thea with all her peggies alive... And then they proceeded to die, because they get doubled by brigands and fly straight north without a care about their surroundings. But who needs Elysian Whips? The good thing about rejecting the meta is that I barely have fliers, and as such don't need to lose my mind trying to save these idiots.

There are a lot of things I wasn't expecting from this run, but chief among them was...

z7i7xS5d_o.png

Having a good Roy. That's actually kind of hilarious. Of course, he's going to lose steam the moment we leave the Isles, but right now he was actually kind of vital to the strat. He had a cavalier and an archer go after him instead of Klein's buddies, and singlehandedly dispatched both. At WTD, no less. Impressive!

As for Klein, I fed him Zinque in hopes of getting one of those sweet, sweet growth prepromote levels of his.

iJgVqQhV_o.png

That's... about as many stats as you can get in a level and still keep it bad. Good one, Klein. Eh, still, it's only one level. Maybe I'll bring Dieck out of the bench so he has a support partner. I do need a dedicated sword user that can actually promote. Even if Dieck is good...