Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I'm surprised I never thought to do this before, but I realize I can hook up my computer to my TV and play Radiant Dawn as it was intended on the big screen.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Spanish is just a funny language in general. The funniest language i'd say. English may be the international language but Spanish is arguably the richest.

Spanish is odd as since it was my first language that I forgot how to speak growing up, when I listen to it I have the strange feeling like I understand it psychologically but not literally, if that makes any sense.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Spanish is odd as since it was my first language that I forgot how to speak growing up, when I listen to it I have the strange feeling like I understand it psychologically but not literally, if that makes any sense.

Was it just not spoken in your household? It's generally easier to maintain a language when you speak it at home, even if you speak another language outside of it. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Was it just not spoken in your household? It's generally easier to maintain a language when you speak it at home, even if you speak another language outside of it. 

My dad's side of the family were the ones who mostly around during my birth and early years, so it was mostly Spanish being spoken. Losing the language was a combination of my parents getting divorced which caused a temporary family rift and me living with my English speaking mother for my remaining years and going to English schools that wanted me to speak English.

22 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

My dad's side of the family were the ones who mostly around during my birth and early years, so it was mostly Spanish being spoken. Losing the language was a combination of my parents getting divorced which caused a temporary family rift and me living with my English speaking mother for my remaining years and going to English schools that wanted me to speak English.

My circumstances were the same (generally) but just different enough. My parents divorced so i lived with my mom. She knew.....some English. My dad knew even less. Both have gotten better at it but my dad's English is still pretty abysmal. 20 years in the US btw.

Anyways point being Spanish in the house was an absolute necessity. But as for schools, i was placed in the ESOL program throughout elementary. And this isn't even counting the annual trips to Venezuela during summer break. So yeah, Spanish was pretty much drilled into me even after my parent's divorce.

Ironically, i learned English first. My mom tried talking to me in Spanish and got no response. An aunt who did know English spoke to me in English.....got a response. "[Mom's name] the only one who doesn't speak is you!" because as it turns out, the babysitter had me watching American cartoons.

Ironically my earliest memory is in Venezuela, where my uncle tricked me into drinking a sip of beer cause he told me it was apple juice.

61YHz7Y.png

Holy shit, Ilyana! I can't believe you're here!

No seriously, how are you here, you died, I saw you die.

Expect a similar joke every time a dead character from my PoR run comes back

CtuLIsG.png

For a kid that looked 14 in Path of Radiance, he sure looks in his mid 20s despite it being only three years.

rKjZQMP.png

Uh, yeah this character died within 14 seconds of appearing in my PoR playthrough so this is like my first time learning anything about them.

JRzzcEg.png

Already I like them.

CnxV7Qs.png

How the hell did I manage an ironman playthrough of Awakening.

rn8KAhv.png

In my defense, that archer had like a 20% chance to hit.

Playing on the big screen is fun until you realize it makes taking screenshots and saving states a bit of a hassle, plus the gamecube controller is the most finicky thing on the planet so I think I'll just go back to keyboard controls.

hfxaQkL.png

Thanks generic merchant character.

XfWseHn.png

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another round of "Does this evil guy fuck or not?"

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

CnxV7Qs.png

Ah yes, the Miccy experience. Although hopefully, she won't be as prone to being doubled on "easy" (which, as I'm sure somebody already mentioned, was more accurately called "normal" in Japanese). Good luck with the run! Curious to see what you'll think about the story.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

JRzzcEg.png

Already I like them.

Gimmick characters: Love 'em or hate 'em. Or like 'em well enough but don't think they're amazing or anything. Or find 'em okay in moderation, but annoying if they're on the screen for too long. Or maybe like the idea of their gimmick, but really dislike how it is put into practice with this character.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Reagan

The worst thing to happen to humanity in the 20th century.

Might be a ballsy thing to say about a century filled with world wars and mass murderers, but the far reaching consequences of that guy...

43 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The worst thing to happen to humanity in the 20th century.

Might be a ballsy thing to say about a century filled with world wars and mass murderers, but the far reaching consequences of that guy...

Yeah, no. It's very difficult to argue against the guy who stole Charlie Chaplin's look, especially because fascist ideology is still not only around, but mainstream in the Republican party (and not even remotely exclusive to it). Honestly, just say "post-WW2" and you at least reduce the spiciness to "who was worse, US or USSR".

(Suffice to say that "not as bad as Hitler" isn't exactly a rousing defense of anybody's character, fucking Stalin was one of the "good guys" thanks to that comparison)

26 minutes ago, gnip said:

Yeah, no. It's very difficult to argue against the guy who stole Charlie Chaplin's look, especially because fascist ideology is still not only around, but mainstream in the Republican party (and not even remotely exclusive to it). Honestly, just say "post-WW2" and you at least reduce the spiciness to "who was worse, US or USSR".

(Suffice to say that "not as bad as Hitler" isn't exactly a rousing defense of anybody's character, fucking Stalin was one of the "good guys" thanks to that comparison)

Yeah. Fair.

I am just *kinda* annoyed and angry that the ramifications of Reagan's politics is making the whole world drift to extreme right. Again.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

More like the F word: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(food)

"The use of the word "faggot" has caused misunderstanding due to its alternative meaning as a pejorative term for a homosexual man. In 2004, a radio commercial for the UK supermarket chain Somerfield, in which a man rejects his wife's suggested dinner saying "I've got nothing against faggots, I just don't fancy them" was found to have been innuendo which breached the Advertising and Sponsorship Code and was banned by the industry regulator Ofcom"

...Oh.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

..hey wait @Saint Rubenio what is the Spaniard word for straw then? The song didn't clarify.

Straw as in, hay? That's paja. That's also the word for fap, by the way. Straw as in, the thing you use to drink, that's most commonly refered to as pajita.

11 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

You called? Lol 😁

I mean, do you fancy war crimes too?

11 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

S4tyHA0.png

Found Ruben's grill

I suppose doing it for a grill is as good an excuse as any for some war crimes.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm surprised I never thought to do this before, but I realize I can hook up my computer to my TV and play Radiant Dawn as it was intended on the big screen.

People often forget you can do that, yeah. Sometimes it's even brought up as an advantage of consoles lol

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Hey, at least it's not as bad as me. Half my family is French and yet I cannot speak a lick of the language. Never had a real, constant use for it, so I could never learn it like I learned English for videogames.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Acacia no!

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

CtuLIsG.png

For a kid that looked 14 in Path of Radiance, he sure looks in his mid 20s despite it being only three years.

To be fair, everyone looks like they've aged 5-to-10 years. The artstyle change is to blame, I'd say.

3 hours ago, gnip said:

Gimmick characters: Love 'em or hate 'em. Or like 'em well enough but don't think they're amazing or anything. Or find 'em okay in moderation, but annoying if they're on the screen for too long. Or maybe like the idea of their gimmick, but really dislike how it is put into practice with this character.

That's literally every possible opinion, Gnip.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

1tljoio0hfbb1.jpg?auto=webp&s=7c098fac98m3cfgt378cbb1.jpg?auto=webp&s=fdaa06af14

Look at all those characters.

I like the one with the Hulk Hogan mustache. He looks old, and grizzled. The last kind of character I'd expect weebish coomers to get that high.

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Her death was greatly exaggerated.

How the hell did I manage an ironman playthrough of Awakening.

Do not ironman this game. RD is the worst game to ironman.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another round of "Does this evil guy fuck or not?"

Somehow Palpatine returned.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah. Fair.

I am just *kinda* annoyed and angry that the ramifications of Reagan's politics is making the whole world drift to extreme right. Again.

It was wild to find out that Reagan was part of a union back in the 40s. Apparently some thought that he would be pro-union given his past.

For Republicans however, cruelty is the point. Like how Greg Abbot got stuck in a wheelchair and is making sure nobody else can get the same disability benefits he had. The "fuck you, I got mine" mentality.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oshi no Sweep

The ending song is named after the guy that ruined Peter Parker's life.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Straw as in, the thing you use to drink, that's most commonly refered to as pajita

Good to know.

Half my family is French and yet I cannot speak a lick of the language. Never had a real, constant use for it, so I could never learn it like I learned English for videogames.

Never took family trips to France?

Holy shit, Ilyana! I can't believe you're here!

Expect a similar joke every time a dead character from my PoR run comes back

Wrong timeline, pft.

Anime aging, of course.

Uh, yeah this character died within 14 seconds of appearing in my PoR playthrough so this is like my first time learning anything about them.

Too bad this is RD, which does shaft a little most who aren't main characters in terms of characterization / character building. Mainly from the newcomer cast, but even some PoR returnees get hit with it. Ilyana being one of them, sadly.

I mean, he was still human...

Acacia no!

Acacia yes!

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Family trips don't make you learn the language

I mean it depends on how often you go. Like I said earlier, I was going to Venezuela almost every year every summer until 2011, Spanish was going to be drilled into me no matter what.

Edited by Armagon