Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Ahh, trying to comfort someone over the internet is so difficult. In real life you can just be there to listen and that can be enough but online it's a delicate balance between not giving empty affirmations and making the problem about you.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Being drunk is overrated. Admittedly I have never gotten blackout drunk, just reached the point where you can tell most of your brain is shutting down, and it requires the mental focus of what is still functioning to perform very basic tasks.

I don't imagine it would be particularly enjoyable but it does sound like it would be interesting which is really all the motivation I need to give it a try.

Case in point, while getting piercings definitely isn't the most enjoyable thing in the world, it is a very interesting feeling and that was at least half the reason I got piercings.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeesh... Is this going to cost you much?

RGzmgrO.jpg

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

UK healthcare moment (I know you're in the US).

Imagine if you could just fucking waltz into the doctors office like it was a retail store, do some tests, and boom get the medicine.

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My dental crown is slightly lose and it's hurting like hell, so I have to get this fixed ASAP. Most dentist offices don't work weekends

😬

I remember being told crowns last like 40-50 years, I'll be dreading when I have to get mine replaced decades from now.

In your present state, I feel like I'd be incredibly paranoid about it coming off and unable to eat or drink anything I got it fixed/replaced, and even outside of sustenance, would be extremely aware of any movements in my mouth. That's how it was when I had a temporary crown -the first of which came off.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

l8wig79jwrbb1.gif

I

SHIP

IT'LL

SINK!😛 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

53 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ahh, trying to comfort someone over the internet is so difficult. In real life you can just be there to listen and that can be enough but online it's a delicate balance between not giving empty affirmations and making the problem about you.

Been there a few times. It's kinda tough.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

RGzmgrO.jpg

I thought the advantage of paid healthcare was supposed to be that you wouldn't have waiting times. Like yeah, here if you did that through social security you'd have similarly terrible waiting times, but you wouldn't have to pay a dime.

Well... My condolences for being American.

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oshi no Ko 124 leaks

3 Panels

People malding

Oh my god this is way too much fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun AHAHAHAHAHAHA

1689346182521155.jpg

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

1689346182521155.jpg

It's just 3 Panels that really mean nothing that got leaked

and people are freaking out and it's so damn fun to wattttttttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh XD

Holy...

Media literacy 0 really

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Good news: my dental crown actually isn't compromised in any way.

Bad news: the good news doesn't matter anyways because it seems time caught up to the nerves below and that's what's causing the pain. I'm gonna need a root canal.

Worse news: I have to get the root canal+general dental cleanup+a new crown.

The sheer cost of that legit sent me into a panic attack. No exaggerating, I got dizzy, lost feeling in my arms and legs, lips paled. There's payment plans of course but it was just.....too much for me to process. I don't even know how much the root canal is gonna cost, I just got prices for the crown itself. 

This happened in the lobby, so I was immediately supported by my mom as well as the doctors who came out. They helped me regain composure so I'm thankful for that.

I got the pill I need for now, it should subdue pain in the molar that I'm feeling. Called work, explained, told them I was gonna take the day off, take a nap. They were fine with it (the store is an actual good environment).

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

your present state, I feel like I'd be incredibly paranoid about it coming off and unable to eat or drink anything I got it fixed/replaced, and even outside of sustenance, would be extremely aware of any movements in my mouth.

I was like that before when I got the first time. But honestly you get used to it.

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

Good news: my dental crown actually isn't compromised in anyway.

Bad news: the good news doesn't matter anyways because it seems time caught up to the nerves below and that's what's causing the pain. I'm gonna need a root canal.

The sheer cost of that legit sent me into a panic attack. No exaggerating, I got dizzy, lost feeling in my arms and legs, lips paled. There's payment plans of course but it was just.....too much for me to process. I don't even know how much the root canal is gonna cost, I just got prices for the crown itself. 

This happened in the lobby, so I was immediately supported by my mom as well as the doctors who came out. They helped me regain composure so I'm thankful for that.

I got the pill I need for now, it should subdue pain in the molar that I'm feeling. Called work, explained, told them I was gonna take the day off, take a nap. They were fine with it (the store is an actual good environment)

Omg. Hang in there, friend.

America why.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

America why.

Bootstraps!

We have among the best doctors in the world (this isn't an American myth, we actually do) but insurance copies bribe the hell out of Congress to let them do what they do.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Good news: my dental crown actually isn't compromised in any way.

I got the pill I need for now, it should subdue pain in the molar that I'm feeling. Called work, explained, told them I was gonna take the day off, take a nap. They were fine with it (the store is an actual good environment).

Jesus fucking Christ, I'm so sorry.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

image0.gifimage0.gifimage0.gifimage0.gifimage0.gifimage0.gifimage0.gifimage0.gifimage0.gifimage0.gif

Get yourselves someone who loves you as much as Shrimpy loves internet drama.