• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_7038.png?width=1166&height=61

Bro your name means belly. They called the fat guy "belly" in Spanish.

La panza esta grande.

Starting I see.

I should be finished with it myself... well probably not tomorrow. I mean I very likely could, but I probably wouldn't feel like doing that. But in two days' time? Maybe. Or three if I'm lazy/mood-obsessed. Coulda played more tonight, but I opted to watch the Piped Piper instead to actually get the visuals with the script this time (I think I'll stop before it gets to Jan losing everyone dear to him, I don't need to see that again).

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At the time i didn't know it was an actual crossover and just assumed it was "Pokemon but if feudal Japan".

They did amend some costume designs to make the Samurai Warriors cast fit Pokemon better, and they de-aged like four characters into literal children b/c Pokemon.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Disney Pixar movie that came out in 1998:

F09FkPcaIAMOub2?format=jpg&name=900x900

Peasant rebellions have been a thing for millennia (although it very unfortunately seems like we can't trace them back to the earliest days of civilization in Mesopotamia, how dare they not be written down when they simply must've existed). And usually they almost inevitably failed against the state's monopoly of force.

As for urban riots, not sure how far those go back. But I do remember getting the impression while reading a book on the history of the papacy, that the masses of Dark Ages/Early Medieval Rome seemed to revolt every third Thursday. A new pope gets elected, gets public veneration for a couple weeks, and then the Romans are unhappy again and threaten to kick His Holiness out of the city. ...And earlier, are the famed Nika Riots of 532 AD, when chariot-racing fans seriously threatened the Eastern Roman Emperor Justinian. His famous Theodora told him to man up and act like an emperor instead of fleeing like a coward unworthy of the crown, and b/c happy wife = happy life, he proceeded to do some bribing & slaughtering and ended the revolt. (Justinian went on to: continue imperial legal reform, engage in monumental construction in Constantinople, wage war against Persia, reconquer most the western and central Mediterranean restoring much of the fallen Western Roman Empire, fail to resolve contentious Christian theological disputes wherein his wife sympathized with the Monophysite heretics (many of whom were in the breadbasket of Egypt, upset the heretics along the Nile, and the peasants in the imperial capital might go hungry and revolt), get infected with the Plague of Justinian which did a number on the population of his empire, and taxed the hell out of everyone to finance everything he did and thereby assure nobody would cry when he died.)

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They did amend some costume designs to make the Samurai Warriors cast fit Pokemon better, and they de-aged like four characters into literal children b/c Pokemon.

Heh, if mostly turning some symbols into Pokéballs for the most part, heh.

Well, their upgraded outfits do look more Pokémon-esque, at least.

Four? I think it was just three.

I think I'll actually be able to sleep well tonight, which is good so that in the morning I'll have the energy to do more important things, like play Fire Emblem.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Personally i think he should play the superior

61iesXWGftL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I should actually play this one day, it's was one of the games i always wanted to get as a kid but unfortunately, i was poor and could only afford a new game like once every six months or something.

Does the Birthright version of Kyogre and incest?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

61iesXWGftL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I should actually play this one day, it's was one of the games i always wanted to get as a kid but unfortunately, i was poor and could only afford a new game like once every six months or something.

Its an OK game, with its biggest flaws being that each pokemon only having a single move.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I completed it, including every single character story once the main story was over. Which I will say got very repetitive.

It's baby's first SRPG & Grand Strategy game. And that's kinda the problem I have with it, it ends up feeling too rudimentary in its aspects, probably b/c of Pokemon appeals to children/all ages. If we had ever gotten a sequel, I would've hoped it to have some actual complexity.

That said, this was my introduction to the world of Samurai Warriors, and the crossover idea overall was cool.

Oh wow. Alas, I lost interest before I got that completionist with it.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, you rejecting something Berwick?

Yeah, I always said the capture system is lame, too. Berwick isn't perfect, just like nothing is.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, you all should really try out Another Eden...

I did take a look at one point, but the gacha kept me from it. The reviews were saying you need to grind a ton to play for free, and I already hate grinding in RPGs where it isn't intended to coerce the player into throwing cash at the game.

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

don't even know a thing about their work, but in Mengo I trust

But Mengo is saddled with Aka, so....

Mengo definetly ships them tho, and i wouldn't be surprised if she releases some doujins about them soon :sip:

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

lmao

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I know in Europe this shit would be like $100 at most or something.

Or a few hundred at most iirc.

And health care/insurance can in same cases pay it, or part of it (A quick glance gave me 60% of it)

Got the appointment scheduled for the 19th. I will have to finally get a credit card and then go on a payment plan, because the procedure is more than my current rent.

holy...

All that...for a dental crown?

...How can you people even live in such a state....

Screenshot_7038.png?width=1166&height=61

The thread's Ysvolution!

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Heh, if mostly turning some symbols into Pokéballs for the most part, heh.

Well, their upgraded outfits do look more Pokémon-esque, at least.

Four? I think it was just three.

Actually five when I rethink about it.😅 Mitsunari, Kiyomasa, Masanori, Gracia, and the fifth I had forgotten was Okuni.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oh wow. Alas, I lost interest before I got that completionist with it.

A lot of rewatching of that ending.😆 Also, cheesing things via Guardian Charm & Dragon Rage blitz solos of a bunch of the character stories (before the Gabite officer rallied everyone's strength).

Pokemon Conquest was a nice idea, but did Game Freak or Koei get too worried it'd be too overwhelming for little kids? Pokemon has four moves per creature at time, they didn't have to curtail things to one. A little more province development would've been nice too. And perhaps three different designs for each territory's battlefield, especially the Psychic-themed map, that increased the repetition.

...Maybe at the next Steam sale I should check out what's a good Nobunaga's Ambition and see what the other half of the gameplay crossover is like. I think they might have the opposite problem of not being very beginner-friendly.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And usually they almost inevitably failed against the state's monopoly of force.

It takes a considerable number to overpower the state.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its an OK game, with its biggest flaws being that each pokemon only having a single move.

Pokemon Rumble moment.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

holy...

All that...for a dental crown?

Oh no the dental crown is separate. Which is also about as much as my rent.

But that wouldn't be until August so i still have time to get dental insurance and at least have parts of it covered.

Honestly, for the credit payments, i'm just gonna be like "yeah imma pay $50 a month" or some shit like that.

Yet another reason to seriously consider Spain honestly. Even if uh.....even if uh

_129510684_temperature_anomaly_forecast_

I guess that's what happens when you're that close to Africa. And you know what, it's still probably colder than Florida.

In good news, the pain in the previously crowned molar has subsided. The antibiotics doing their work.

This is exactly what happened the last time btw and why they previously decided I didn't need a root canal. They should've gone with it back then anyways, I probably wouldn't be in this mess. But I get that they tried to save the tooth, root canals are more of a last resort.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In good news, the pain in the previously crowned molar has subsided. The antibiotics doing their work.

This is exactly what happened the last time btw and why they previously decided I didn't need a root canal. They should've gone with it back then anyways, I probably wouldn't be in this mess. But I get that they tried to save the tooth, root canals are more of a last resort.

I had to put out about 10 grand over the last few years to get the wife’s teeth fixed. One of her issues was a crown that wasnt done right. Led to an abscess

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did take a look at one point, but the gacha kept me from it. The reviews were saying you need to grind a ton to play for free, and I already hate grinding in RPGs where it isn't intended to coerce the player into throwing cash at the game.

The gacha isn't obtrusive. The game gives you enough free stuff to be able to clear the game. While some characters can be "I win" buttons, the most you'd really feel you'd need them would be for superboss fights or stuff. Ultimately, there's not a point where you'd feel you need to buy the gacha currency to pull for characters.

Any grinding that exists isn't really applied to actual story content. Maybe if you wish to get absolutely everything, but there's really not a whole lot.

Point is, give the actual game a try, don't let the reviews or my words sway you either way. You won't actually know if you'll like it or not unless you actually try.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually five when I rethink about it.😅 Mitsunari, Kiyomasa, Masanori, Gracia, and the fifth I had forgotten was Okuni.

Gracia and Okuni are still the same. Gracia was already that young to begin with in SW. Maybe the artstyle makes them look younger, but only the Three Stooges were actually de-aged.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I wonder what i should plan for the next linked challenge

But like actually how did Falcom not get sued for blatantly ripping off the Metroid item get theme?

Like there's sampling but like it's literally the same song bro.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But like actually how did Falcom not get sued for blatantly ripping off the Metroid item get theme?

Like there's sampling but like it's literally the same song bro.

Because ultimately it wasn't completely the same.

https://web.archive.org/web/20181108020351/www.geocities.jp/yzymo_matan/yuzo_koshiro/yuzo/avg_rpg3.html

"The sound when an item is taken in Nintendo's "Metroid" was very good, so I used that as a reference when creating this piece."

Also, apparently it was taken from the Metroid version on the Famicom Disk System, so that could influence too why no legal action was taken or so.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- How many Sun Stones do I get? I have two, and if I can't get enough for everyone... I think I might just leave them unused.😆

Put it where it can get sunlight for 65M years.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, apparently it was taken from the Metroid version on the Famicom Disk System, so that could influence too why no legal action was taken or so.

Listened to a comparison. Seems the Famicom version has more "oomph", which would be subsequently used in later Metroids.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- How many Sun Stones do I get? I have two, and if I can't get enough for everyone... I think I might just leave them unused.😆

Use it on a Helioptile.

48 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

A pokemon / FE linked challenge? Could be interesting tbh

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

3, i think