Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Pulling the master sword in totk is peak. Every other master sword pull in the series, no matter how climatic, has now been completely outdone. In every other game, the master sword is just sitting in the sacred hole-in-the-ground, but here… if you know, you know. And then the cutscene, and my god the flute again. Peak Zelda.

I like to say "I don't think this will be topped" for a lot of really good things but like.....I really don't know how this is gonna be topped lol. No other Master Sword pull in the series gives the blade this level of prestige. Not even Skyward Sword and you were forging the damn thing in that game.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Now onto Death Mountain.

Oh that "early" huh. I didn't pull the Master Sword until after the regional quests were done.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And all that, only for it to break five swings later. FE6 moment.

Luckily Fuse jacks up it's durability. And, this won't be relevant for a while for Sooks at the moment, but it's also coded to not break at all during the final battle.

Anyways Sooks, if you're reading this, still treat it like the Master Sword in BotW. Use it when it counts, not on some random dude.

2 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

snagged one for the PS5 collection called Atelier Sophie

Neat. Sophie's mid imo but it's a good starting point.

41 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Tears of the Kingdom was Xenoblade 3 all along? It's a wild ride, this passage of fate.

If I had a nickel for every Nintendo game with flutes and an Ouroborous theme, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, it's just weird it's happened twice.

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Imgur just doesn't want to post images on the forums today, Jesus.

What a shame too, I had such a lineup. Unless it's Serenes' fault If anyone has a suggestion for a better image storage space that'd be great.

For now I'll just say that I've officially beaten the first part of Radiant Dawn, and I bought myself a celebratory doughnut.

18 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

What a shame too, I had such a lineup. Unless it's Serenes' fault If anyone has a suggestion for a better image storage space that'd be great.

For now I'll just say that I've officially beaten the first part of Radiant Dawn, and I bought myself a celebratory doughnut.

Imgur flip flops on whether or not it works now tbh.

You got a Discord? DM yourself and use those links instead.

Bankrupting yourself for armor you don’t need is a good investment decision

And Jesus Christ, 80 hours?? I thought it was more like 50. Open world moment.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh that "early" huh. I didn't pull the Master Sword until after the regional quests were done.

Well after Hebra I decided to go east to get to Death Mountain, and from Hebra you run straight into Korok Forest. Although I’ve been thoroughly exploring every region as I’ve gotten to them on the way to the phenomena (getting what I think is every shrine), so that could be playing a part.

Incidentally I have 80 hours in the game and you said you were done at 120 in your review, I think, and I’m a looong way from done. Unless I treat this like every other open world game and drop it after doing a bunch of side content, but I really don’t want to because this story is going interesting places. Also, I’m using it as a form of escapism.

Luckily Fuse jacks up its durability.

Oh I didn’t expect you to be able to use fuse on it.

And, this won't be relevant for a while for Sooks at the moment, but it's also coded to not break at all during the final battle.

Anyways Sooks, if you're reading this, still treat it like the Master Sword in BotW. Use it when it counts, not on some random dude.

I mean I know we were joking about durability in this game but it does recharge like in BotW, right?

Although it’s weird that it doesn’t have a displayed attack stat (idk if it did in BotW, probably not) it makes it hard to know when it would be worth it to use it compared to other good weapons.

If I had a nickel for every Nintendo game with flutes and an Ouroborous theme, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, it's just weird it's happened twice.

Ouroborous is in this game?

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

how can you miss it? Its free after beating the endgame boss once anyways. Xd

but I told Lightchao we would talk about this after the final dungeon

I'd share it, as I've already uploaded what I wrote somewhere, but no one reads it anyway I don't know. Might be perhaps a bit weird to read, hahaha...

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-18-14.png

Wait, hold on.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-18-145.png

There we go.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-21-18.png

Thanks, generic soldier.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-21-40.png

...Oh

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-25-35.png

From the makers of "This could've been an email" We have "This single unit mission could've been a cutscene"

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-26-31.png

This probably wont embed properly but fuck it, I've been thinking about it ever since I played Path of Radiance.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-37-38.png

"Somehow..."

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-40-42.png

Oh damn, already? Can't wait to see Jarod turn into a god.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-45-09.png

You know something that this game has done that no other Fire Emblem I've played so far has been able to do is make me feel actually patriotic of the country you are in perspective of, and the cause of which they are fighting for.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-47-48.png

Since I'm a dumbass, I completely forgot what the coins do, someone please remind me.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-51-03.png

I'm going to buy this, and then later I'll realize "Oh wow I totally didn't need to waste that much money on this when I didn't need it"

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-53-05.png

"Yeah, I'd like to talk to you about my shit availability last two maps"

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-55-21.png

I'm telling ya, something like this would've been perfect for Three Houses.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-56-28.png

I really really like pragmatic villains, even if some of Jarod's actions don't really fit his character.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-57-53.png

Imagine being part of army that got a super soldier guy who could one shot every enemy and yet the commander decides not to bring them into the final battle because "Oh sorry, I need more EXP for the scrubs"

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-04-43.pngRFEE01_2023-08-04_17-05-10.png

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-05-18.pngRFEE01_2023-08-04_17-05-26.png

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-05-39.pngRFEE01_2023-08-04_17-05-48.png

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-05-54.png

tumblr_251e042213e219c876138c5d47ecec8a_

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-15-47.png

That being said, I'll take a level up like that any day.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-21-51.png

Shout out to the priest with 18% crit chance.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-31-27.png

What a fucking fantastic level up.

It's a real shame that I accidentally got Jill killed and when going to a previous save before this stat increase, and in leveling up again he gained a single stat in luck and nothing else.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-45-29.png

Don't worry, he'll dodge it

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-45-32.png

He'll dodge the next one.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-45-40.png

Next one for sure

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-45-50.png

Next one definitely

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-45-59.png

See I told you he would dodge it.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-46-08.pngRFEE01_2023-08-04_17-46-27.png

Oh, well, that IS a problem.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_18-01-56.png

Oh, I forgot that's how promotions worked in Tellius.

...Oh god the master seal buy was as waste of money.

Aso Lance pal, hehe

RFEE01_2023-08-04_18-09-10.png

Looks like a visual novel all of a sudden

RFEE01_2023-08-04_18-14-14.png

Ahhh... interesting.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_18-16-35.png

And that was Radiant Dawn! Pretty short for a Fire Emblem game but I quite liked it for what it had. But I suppose it's time to move onto Genealogy of The-

RFEE01_2023-08-04_18-17-00.png

8 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Is that why I been seein all this stuff in your game where

Oh no, that's a hack for a different game that actually works. In that case it's just laziness and fear of burnout.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Nonsense, the best strategy is to hoard all 5 uses until the final boss, forget you have it, and then have taken it through the entire game unused.

Ahh yes, there's the sooks% we know and love.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Luckily Fuse jacks up it's durability. And, this won't be relevant for a while for Sooks at the moment, but it's also coded to not break at all during the final battle.

And if it breaks prior? Does it magically come back to life or do you confront Garon with a stick?

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Just post links, if worse cones to worst.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-18-145.png

There we go

Oh never mind.

Tormod is easily impressed.

You know something that this game has done that no other Fire Emblem I've played so far has been able to do is make me feel actually patriotic of the country you are in perspective of, and the cause of which they are fighting for.

RD part 1 is really, really good.

Oh, I forgot that's how promotions worked in Tellius

Holy shit, already?

Also, yes, Tellius promos. Ngl I hate them. Way too slow for my liking, since I almost never promote at 20 anymore.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-46-27.png

Oh, well, that IS a problem

Goodbye, nice dude. You were nice 

And that was Radiant Dawn! Pretty short for a Fire Emblem game but I quite liked it for what it had. But I suppose it's time to move onto Genealogy of T

Welcome to part 2. Not nearly as good as part 1, but still fine. Or so I believe. Let's see what you think.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-21-40.png

...Oh

Ah the dumb Fog of War solo mission, which the paper defense Micaiah forcefully prevents you from having the invincible BK from just rescuing her for the whole map.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-37-38.png

"Somehow..."

I think it would have been a fun twist if this was literally an imposter that just recovered the iconic armor, and weaponry from the wreckage to then intimidate the world by impersonating the Burger King.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-40-42.png

Oh damn, already? Can't wait to see Jarod turn into a god.

There is this frustrating moment in Part 1, where it feels like the writer got bored and just decided to skip past half of a Fire Emblem game in a little map screen...

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-45-09.png

That is a really good point. I really can't think of another Fire Emblem game which really does that well.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-47-48.png

Since I'm a dumbass, I completely forgot what the coins do, someone please remind me.

Once you can access forging, you can burn a coin to give a random boost to a forged weapon

RFEE01_2023-08-04_16-53-05.png

"Yeah, I'd like to talk to you about my shit availability last two maps"

Yeah, that is a big part of what makes her annoying to train...

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-15-47.png

That being said, I'll take a level up like that any day.

Although I am impressed by your dedication to trying it anyway

It's a real shame that I accidentally got Jill killed and when going to a previous save before this stat increase, and in leveling up again he gained a single stat in luck and nothing else.

Oof.

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-46-08.pngRFEE01_2023-08-04_17-46-27.png

Oh, well, that IS a problem.

Are you just leaving him dead? This might get a bit interesting...

Oh, I forgot that's how promotions worked in Tellius.

...Oh god the master seal buy was as waste of money.

Aso Lance pal, hehe

Congratulations, I didn't think you would pull it off, but you managed to train Fiona up. Also, given the situation you find yourself in when the Dawn Brigade returns, you might be happy to have that Master Seal anyway.

And that was Radiant Dawn! Pretty short for a Fire Emblem game but I quite liked it for what it had. But I suppose it's time to move onto Genealogy of The-

RFEE01_2023-08-04_18-17-00.png

There is a fair bit more game to go, although part 2 is comically short, and even more quirky with its availability, so have fun with it before Ike returns to ruin things.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

RFEE01_2023-08-04_17-04-43.pngRFEE01_2023-08-04_17-05-10.png

This might be a good time to point out that only the Authority Stars of the commander matter. So for example you wouldn't benefit at all from the Authority Stars Nailah has. Only the ones from Micaiah. Which are 0. Despite the cult-like devotion of her followers.

31 minutes ago, Lady Hortensia said:

RADIANT DAWWWWWWWN playthrough ❤️

my second most favourite videogame!!!

Also Fiona is used. ❤️

Anyways gl!

Oh it's you! How're you doing?

31 minutes ago, Lady Hortensia said:

Losing Zihark will hurt though later on.

30 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Eh, in my RD run I don't think he saw a single round of combat and I was fine. Just employ Meg when in doubt, she's real powerful like.

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

This might be a good time to point out that only the Authority Stars of the commander matter. So for example you wouldn't benefit at all from the Authority Stars Nailah has. Only the ones from Micaiah. Which are 0. Despite the cult-like devotion of her followers.

Authority stars exist as a mechanic in RD for the sole purpose of helping to turn part 3 into a glorified cutscene. No point in even explaining them, as they're a passive, static mechanic through the entire campaign that the player cannot influence in any way.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit, already?

I keep the promises I make.

She will at the very least damage the final boss significantly if she can't land the final blow.

15 minutes ago, Lady Hortensia said:

RADIANT DAWWWWWWWN playthrough ❤️

my second most favourite videogame!!!

Also Fiona is used. ❤️

Anyways gl!

🎉🎉🎉

15 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That is a really good point. I really can't think of another Fire Emblem game which really does that well.

I think in part because of its nuance. We spent most of last game dunking on Daein and even I as the player saw them first and foremost as the typical bad guy country and the climax of the story was Daein being conquered.

However, now that the story focused on Daein, there was very human understanding of how the people feel, it's not necessarily that every Daein loved King Ashnard and long to conquer Crimea in retaliation, but they are still humans who want a sense of freedom and political autonomy. It reminds me more of a real country, in that it has historical dubiousness, and the government is not often righteous, but good people among the common populace are still there, and they deserve fulfilling lives as much as anyone else.

42 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oh no, I loaded to an earlier save, he's still alive.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I keep the promises I make.

She will at the very least damage the final boss significantly if she can't land the final blow.

That's a good Quetzal. Dew it.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I think in part because of its nuance. We spent most of last game dunking on Daein and even I as the player saw them first and foremost as the typical bad guy country and the climax of the story was Daein being conquered.

However, now that the story focused on Daein, there was very human understanding of how the people feel, it's not necessarily that every Daein loved King Ashnard and long to conquer Crimea in retaliation, but they are still humans who want a sense of freedom and political autonomy. It reminds me more of a real country, in that it has historical dubiousness, and the government is not often righteous, but good people among the common populace are still there, and they deserve fulfilling lives as much as anyone else.

48 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Damn straight. This is how you do a sequel: you bring a new perspective to the pre-established world, instead of retreading ground already tread upon in the first instalment.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh no, I loaded to an earlier save, he's still alive.

Boo coward, booooo. Quetzal, more like Quetzall must live.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Authority stars exist as a mechanic in RD for the sole purpose of helping to turn part 3 into a glorified cutscene. No point in even explaining them, as they're a passive, static mechanic through the entire campaign that the player cannot influence in any way.

It really is the dumbest shit. Like, actually wow.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, according to RD, it affects how many bonds a unit can have. lmao