• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd assume closest was meant to be closet...

???

I don’t have to put what with these vain attempts to assassinate my impeccable character. I’m going to play Soul Reaver 2 or read a book. Just let me know when Shrimp-kun either sobers up or is able to better hold his booze.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

1 minute ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I don’t have to put what with these vein attempts to assassinate my impeccable character. I’m going to play Soul Reaver 2 or read a book. Just let me know when Shrimp-kun either sobers up or is able to better hold his booze.

Didn't you got him to take up drinking? Take responsibility!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Invincible's a slightly different deal. Basically "what if Soupman evil" except good.

Just going back to this, I will say there's a lot more to Invincible than just that. It's only a part of the story.

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Doc Oc should've stayed as Spider-Man

I mean, it was a good story but idk if people would've accepted mainline Peter being dead permanently. 

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Comic execs love the status quo and hate character development. See what DC did with legacy characters like Wally West, Dick Grayson and Kyle Rayner.

At the very least, DC does seem more comfortable in changing the status quo a bit. Alfred is dead, Jason Todd's entire character got changed, Clark and Lois are married as are Barry and Iris (were Arthur and Mera always a thing or did that happen later?).

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just going back to this, I will say there's a lot more to Invincible than just that. It's only a part of the story.

Yeah, I know, that's just the start. As far as I know, "soupman is evil" is just the opening conflict, the entire thing doesn't revolve around it.

...I just like saying Soupman, okay. It's a fun word.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At the very least, DC does seem more comfortable in changing the status quo a bit. Alfred is dead, Jason Todd's entire character got changed, Clark and Lois are married as are Barry and Iris (were Arthur and Mera always a thing or did that happen later?).

Why would they kill their best character.

35 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Didn't you got him to take up drinking? Take responsibility!

It can’t be helped if Shrimp-kun doesn’t have the proper fortitude to drink. He’s German so I assumed that it’d be fine, but you can’t hold me accountable on his behalf for being slovenly while drunk.

34 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah, Take responsibility for what's in my stomach, old man!

What you do in your free time doesn’t involve me Shrimp-kun and is between the Emperor and you.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

@Eltosian Kadath @Newtype06

GZ4Mzdu.png

First draft for our linked run!

Any thoughts, changes, etc?

Also what difficulty should we play on?

(Also some stuff is unclear to due what Fates shadow dragon changed from OG one, but we can learn that as we play 😄)

Also had to link the Emblems due to Engage's quite lower number of units..we can remove that tho

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

mCX9ma6A_o.jpg

You might not like it, but this is what fun looks like.

Less than two bucks on Steam for the next 20 hours. One of my favorite games ever, right there. And it's about being an underpaid bureaucrat in a fascist regime. You won't find a game like this, anywhere, ever. And if you do it's copying this one.

Plus, for the anime fans in the thread, you occasionally get gratuitous nudity! Everyone in the game is hideous, but hey, it's there.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mCX9ma6A_o.jpg

You might not like it, but this is what fun looks like.

Less than two bucks on Steam for the next 20 hours. One of my favorite games ever, right there. And it's about being an underpaid bureaucrat in a fascist regime. You won't find a game like this, anywhere, ever. And if you do it's copying this one.

Plus, for the anime fans in the thread, you occasionally get gratuitous nudity! Everyone in the game is hideous, but hey, it's there.

I know of this game. I love it. I have also never played it. I probably should get it, especially if it's under two bucks.

I watched a full playthrough before, fwiw.

12 minutes ago, Hanes said:

I know of this game. I love it.

It's a very lovable game indeed. It also has the best theme song ever composed for a videogame. Probably.

12 minutes ago, Hanes said:

I have also never played it. I probably should get it, especially if it's under two bucks.

I watched a full playthrough before, fwiw.

That's okay, there's a lot of endings - three main endings and a plethora of fail states to see, not to mention all the little events along the way. At under two bucks, it's basically a gift.

That, and I know I'm the weird one here, because everyone's always making a big deal of how this game makes "art of boredom" or some shit like that. Meanwhile I find it really fucking fun, I always did. It's a blast combing those papers for mistakes as fast as possible while trying to avoid that dreaded printing noise. I developed a whole routine for it and it's so easy to get into the flow and just enjoy some observation puzzles. Heck, I hadn't played it for years until now, when I remembered about it due to the anniversary. After a little refresher on the cities I just got right back into it. Giving me all sorts of good memories of little high schooler me playing this on my dad's bad computer.

...The only problem is that I'm so fucking good at the game that I never got to experience the conundrums that arise from being broke lol. Not saying this to brag, I really do wish I could've been in that situation everyone else found themselves in where you have to pick between buying medicine to save your son, paying the heat rent to keep the rest healthy or food to keep them from starving. Meanwhile I have a save file on the last day with 835 credits.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's a very lovable game indeed. It also has the best theme song ever composed for a videogame. Probably.

That's okay, there's a lot of endings - three main endings and a plethora of fail states to see, not to mention all the little events along the way. At under two bucks, it's basically a gift.

That, and I know I'm the weird one here, because everyone's always making a big deal of how this game makes "art of boredom" or some shit like that. Meanwhile I find it really fucking fun, I always did. It's a blast combing those papers for mistakes as fast as possible while trying to avoid that dreaded printing noise. I developed a whole routine for it and it's so easy to get into the flow and just enjoy some observation puzzles. Heck, I hadn't played it for years until now, when I remembered about it due to the anniversary. After a little refresher on the cities I just got right back into it. Giving me all sorts of good memories of little high schooler me playing this on my dad's bad computer.

...The only problem is that I'm so fucking good at the game that I never got to experience the conundrums that arise from being broke lol. Not saying this to brag, I really do wish I could've been in that situation everyone else found themselves in where you have to pick between buying medicine to save your son, paying the heat rent to keep the rest healthy or food to keep them from starving. Meanwhile I have a save file on the last day with 835 credits.

Yeah this game ROCKSSS

ok srry I have nothing to add, but I should get it.

Anyways, you are a natural born fascist regime passport checker! You should look to this career... especially if Spain goes above and beyond and has stricter laws on immigrants in the future! /j

Also damn this theme does kick ass, reminds me a bit of Ghetsis's theme in Pokemon and also N's castle. 

8 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Anyways, you are a natural born fascist regime passport checker! You should look to this career... especially if Spain goes above and beyond and has stricter laws on immigrants in the future! /j

I'd only worry if his inner 1829 starts showing. Let's invite him to Tampico should that happen...

5 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Yeah this game ROCKSSS

ok srry I have nothing to add, but I should get it.

Everyone here should, but you especially because you already know it rocks. And it's less than two bucks! It costs a coffee to get this game.

With the fall of Vox, I wouldn't count on it. Truly a shame if there ever was one. Might have to settle for passport checker in a republic. Or, well, y'know, parlamentary monarchy. Sheesh.

Also damn this theme does kick ass, reminds me a bit of Ghetsis's theme in Pokemon and also N's castle. 

Surprisingly, I've heard Ghetsis's theme before. It does kinda sound like that, only with less of a "ridiculous funnyman in oversized robes with supervillain theme" vibe and more of a "War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." vibe.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd only worry if his inner 1829 starts showing. Let's invite him to Tampico should that happen...

Glory to Arstotzka-- I mean, España.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone here should, but you especially because you already know it rocks. And it's less than two bucks! It costs a coffee to get this game.

Two bucks! Getting it rn. I may never play it, but who cares it's good.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

With the fall of Vox, I wouldn't count on it. Truly a shame if there ever was one. Might have to settle for passport checker in a republic. Or, well, y'know, parlamentary monarchy. Sheesh.

Vox is the far-right news channel right?

Ironic how in the US, at least as far I know, there's this youtube channel (or maybe actual news channel idk) called "Vox" that is fairly left-leaning.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Surprisingly, I've heard Ghetsis's theme before. It does kinda sound like that, only with less of a "ridiculous funnyman in oversized robes with supervillain theme" vibe and more of a "War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." vibe.

Yeah, but I mean, Ghetsis is actually goated chill on the diss!

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Lmao, hey Ruben you get to go with two awesome dudes to the beach! We will have a swimming race and nothing bad will happen to you!

2 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Two bucks! Getting it rn. I may never play it, but who cares it's good.

Vox is the far-right news channel right?

No, it's the far-right party. Third biggest force in the country too, had been on the rise for a while, until it plummeted something fierce in this latest election. To my great relief.

Yeah, but I mean, Ghetsis is actually goated chill on the diss!

I'm not saying he isn't, I'm just saying he looks ridiculous. I mean, look at him.

Spr_BW_Ghetsis.png

He's amazing.

Lmao, hey Ruben you get to go with two awesome dudes to the beach! We will have a swimming race and nothing bad will happen to you!

This is hardly called for. The only reason I could have to invade countries is to force the population to play Berwick Saga. Or destroy them, in Japan's case.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is hardly called for. The only reason I could have to invade countries is to force the population to play Berwick Saga. Or destroy them, in Japan's case.

Were any of your ancestors happened to be there in the Sengoku Period?