• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

In stories i always found civilizations in the skies interesting. They always piqued my curiosity and made me wanna explore them. Just trying to imagine what a society there is/could be like grinds my gears 😄

You'd love Gravity Rush (2 cause the first one's ass) if it wasn't locked to PlayStation.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Five guys Milkshakes are good, if Spain has that

Five Guys does exist in Spain yes. Haven't been tho, we've largely tried to stay away from my homeland's food chains.

Although there is an American food chain called Fester's Hollywood. Started by four Americans who were living in Spain, they started missing authentic American food and so started their own chain that now exclusively exists in the Iberian peninsula only (yes it's in Portgual too).

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At least Spain isn't the USA in size

Yeah it's only the size of Texas. Big enough that it should have at least another time-zone.

The EU in general all being under the same time zone doesn't make sense at all. Like I get that Europeans have a standardization fetish but there's no reason why Madrid and Rome have to be on the same time zone. /s

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There she is. Clearly someone was inspired by my hack. That's definitely the reason.

As it turns out, Hestia is indeed too.

Nah, it was clearly my fanfic that inspired them.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Although there is an American food chain called Fester's Hollywood. Started by four Americans who were living in Spain, they started missing authentic American food and so started their own chain that now exclusively exists in the Iberian peninsula only (yes it's in Portgual too).

Yeah, Foster's. It's fine, not as good as a mom-and-pop restaurant, but I had some chips with cheese and some other shit a couple times, they were super good.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah it's only the size of Texas. Big enough that it should have at least another time-zone.

The EU in general all being under the same time zone doesn't make sense at all. Like I get that Europeans have a standardization fetish but there's no reason why Madrid and Rome have to be on the same time zone. /s

The entire world should have the same time-zone. People having daytime at 4 in the morning only sounds weird because we're not used to it, but it'd be so much better than having to adapt your numbers depending on where on the world you are.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

As it turns out, Hestia is indeed too.

Nah, it was clearly my fanfic that inspired them.

A collective effort that resulted in a victory for the people. We are true pioneers.

Resuming SRWJ third run, I've reached Scenario 28 again (I had gone on hiatus with the game after Scenario 16).

S28 is going to give me the Nelly Brain upgrade, and with that, I'll have all 8 Brain units. Starting this run with the intent to use only Tekkaman Blade and Brain Powerd units in the long run was pretty dull, owing to not having anyone except the Banpresto Original and battleships to long-term invest in.🥱 Now? The big little Brain ball is rolling.😄 As long as they stay clustered with each other nearby to provide Hit & Evade b/c the Antibodies are slowly undergoing hive-mind-melding friendship and Support Defend, the Brains are pretty invincible. EN surprisingly isn't being a serious issue for them either despite the tiny 220-240 tanks and EN consumption for almost everything, as long as Chakra Extension and the Two-Handed Brain Bar aren't being overused. Not having access to Blade again for a while won't be such a big deal after all.

...And I'm already thinking about the fourth run.😅 To be precise- the Alaska or "Peace Conference" single-battle route split. Alaska is very important to the SEED storyline, I would get the SPT trio as well, and it would give me an even Arc-Nad-Nad-Arc-Arc-Nad route split divide. Yet, aside from Zeorymer, the small handful of units you're permitted for the "Peace Conference" battle are units I will be using for the long-term. Going with the Nadesico here would deny me the IWSP Pack, though Cagalli won't be making the final team as I'll have enough others I could field.

But for now, Kirby. I'll do just one world today, instead of finishing the game on not-Extra mode (the Copy Ability challenges (now including Sand and Mecha) aside).

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I usually prefer Oreo + Strawberry + Banana 😋

Oreo and fruity, an unexpected combination.🍪🍓🍌 (And one I wouldn't do b/c I don't care for fruit, but maybe strawberry is in the realm of possibility, given it's a milkshake probably with little actual fruit and more just the flavor, which I don't mind.)

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

China does it too. Now if only Russia tried to enforce such a policy, autocratize that.

It's only two-ish time zones with the EU, so it isn't a huge deal I'd think.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The sheer logistical nightmare of this.

I actually have heard of serious proponents of this. Though it would force us to have to look at timetables wherever we go as to the operating hours of everything.

Ah, Time Zone shenanigans. My state is the only one in the country in its time zone. Adding that Daylight Savings was abolished except for the Border Zone with the US (which includes the entire state), makes it even more wonky at times.

Alright, it's done. Third orb obtained. Phew, this was too much... I'm definitely taking that break now.

I think I'll do some writing first before going back to Castlevania Advance Collection.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I mean I would argue that it's in Olivia's job description.

Good point, traditionally that would be the case but hey being a dancer doesn't automatically mean you have to wear the belly dancing garb

...Especially since come to think of it almost none of the dancers in FE who wear that kind of outfit actually do a belly or hip dance for their animation. Tethys comes to mind as kind of doing one and that's it, they mostly go for spins and arm movements, perhaps because that's something easier to convey in animation than hip rolls or leg pops.

And I suppose Azura also does a kind of one in that dark song animation which is ironic considering she is like 1 out three dancers in the series who doesn't show their midriff.

Well she's a songstress technically but you get what I mean

Olivia definitely seems to despise her outfit so I don't see why she couldn't wear something more modest to fit her comfort while still befitting her dancing career.

Though there are some support conversations that imply Olivia gains a boost in confidence when dancing so perhaps that means gaining confidence in her body as well, which... good for her I guess.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Little over 100 years, actually. It's short enough that I wager it could possibly be reestructured into automobile-friendly, not to mention a good few cities might've just spawned after the car.

At the same time, those 100 years are plenty of time to make pre-car communities. So, fair enough. I just wanted to call your country a baby country, anyway.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

The way they did this was buy tearing down residential blocks (that were primarily inhabited by black people, cause racism).

The moral of the story is that Robert Moses single handedly ruined the US economy and by extension, the entire world's

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, I still felt Manuela's outfit is a bit much.

Clearly you haven't been to enough American weddings

Also unrelated but when checking her concept art I just noticed that she apparently has daggers strapped to her legs which is badass.

1200px-FETH_Manuela_concept_art.png?2020

I guess one thing is that, while I'd expect this kind of outfit for Manuela to wear in a party context, as a teacher it's definitely unprofessional, but being unprofessional is also Manuela's whole deal, so who knows.

Sonya is a better example of the latter, I'd say.

I don't know anything about Sonya other than I wished my stockings held up that well without a garter.

FESoV_Sonya.png?20170412112526

Seriously, thigh highs are way harder to manage than you would expect.

Something else I'm noticing is that both of these character designs have a identical approach to the skirt which is to split in two. the front piece being thin almost like a loincloth to show off the legs and the back being wide to hide the behind.

You have outfits in real life that split the skirt to ride up the thighs but I've never seen a double split like that. Probably because if you wore something like that without tape it'd be way too easy to flash others...which may not be much of a concern depending on the occasion to be fair. Again, I've been to a lot of weddings.

Anyways, uhhh...I forgot what this conversation was about, I just like talking about outfits.

Ah yeah, the cool hat outfit from the retranslation. Some people don't like the hat. Heretics.

...And yeah, gotta love how the jacket just... sort of hangs because of her zeppelins. Her poor back bones, she's gonna look like Doofenshmirtz by the time she turns 30.

I'm biased as I've always preferred outfits that I could tie to real life fashion styles over the fantastical and absurd armor that FE always has. Eastern European Camilla is strangely fitting

Though regarding both of those fanmade depictions, ultimately it probably makes the most sense to give Camilla armor since...y'know she's a front line fighter with an axe.

bdf29f68b9a9ca853a5166a673964fc4.jpg

There's this fun (Unfortunately blurry) depiction. I dislike the Nohrian armor style in general personally but I am fond of this one even if I still prefer the first one I sent.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

China does it too

I feel bad for the western Chinese person who has to clock in at 6 AM.

23 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

And I suppose Azura also does a kind of one in that dark song animation which is ironic considering she is like 1 out three dancers in the series who doesn't show their midriff

She compensates by showing incredible leg.

23 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm biased as I've always preferred outfits that I could tie to real life fashion styles over the fantastical and absurd armor that FE always has.

What is your opinion on some of the more wilder selections of The Doctor's

out-of-all-of-the-doctors-outfits-which-

(This one doesn't include the 14th or 15th, 14 is just 10 again and 15th seems like he's gonna be swapping out constantly).

Honestly, Camilla's entire design would be dope if you'd just removed the décolleté and especially the battle panties. A very Fates thing to do - create something dope and then make it worse because it has to be horny. Camilla's visual design is honstly one of the more mild cases; as long as the battle panties aren't on display, it's still "cool but a bit dumb" and not just "dumb".

---

DoTaPbR.png

Always wondered how this happens. Definitely not WAD. Still wondering, since I only saw the result, not how exactly Danzig managed to embrace atheism. It's not supposed to be a thing.

I vaguely remember that there used to be some exploit by creating and removing custom nations on/from the map that allow the player to go atheist, but I didn't know that the AI can randomly stumble into a bug to the same effect, too.

15 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I guess one thing is that, while I'd expect this kind of outfit for Manuela to wear in a party context, as a teacher it's definitely unprofessional, but being unprofessional is also Manuela's whole deal, so who knows.

I mean, teachers don't seem to have a dress code, unlike the students. So in-house benefits I bet, heh.

I don't know anything about Sonya other than I wished my stockings held up that well without a garter.

FESoV_Sonya.png?20170412112526

Seriously, thigh highs are way harder to manage than you would expect.

Maybe those dark bands near the top are garters. For how uniform the color is otherwise, seems curious those different colored bands are there. Could be sewed into the stockings but are elastic, thus allowing to put the legs in and out.

Something else I'm noticing is that both of these character designs have a identical approach to the skirt which is to split in two. the front piece being thin almost like a loincloth to show off the legs and the back being wide to hide the behind.

You have outfits in real life that split the skirt to ride up the thighs but I've never seen a double split like that. Probably because if you wore something like that without tape it'd be way too easy to flash others...which may not be much of a concern depending on the occasion to be fair. Again, I've been to a lot of weddings.

Anyways, uhhh...I forgot what this conversation was about, I just like talking about outfits.

Well, it would free up more mobility for both legs... and it is in-character for Sonya anyway. Not to mention, magic animations do seem to involve a lot of body movement, so it's not just Sonya being flashy since others also do it.

I'm biased as I've always preferred outfits that I could tie to real life fashion styles over the fantastical and absurd armor that FE always has. Eastern European Camilla is strangely fitting

Though regarding both of those fanmade depictions, ultimately it probably makes the most sense to give Camilla armor since...y'know she's a front line fighter with an axe.

There's this fun (Unfortunately blurry) depiction. I dislike the Nohrian armor style in general personally but I am fond of this one even if I still prefer the first one I sent.

For its worth, even Camilla's current design is... kinda practical, to a degree. She has armored boots, gauntlets, and bodice. The boots reach up to cover her hips with armor, which combined with being mounted means the uncovered parts are not easily exposed during battle. The only actual vulnerable parts are her head and upper chest. It's hard to tell with the shoulder area since she's wearing that cape-shawl thing that covers it, so the gauntlets could include to armor the shoulders or not.

So... still questionable in appearance, but is functional enough in combat... while she's mounted at least.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Also unrelated but when checking her concept art I just noticed that she apparently has daggers strapped to her legs which is badass.

1200px-FETH_Manuela_concept_art.png?2020

Pretty sure the daggers are ingame too. That's a genuinely awesome detail, I'll admit.

Now talk about the Fates cavalier outfit.

I like this little mod that just changes her portrait and model to be less idiotic.

5fc2835067b1d.jpg

It's subtle enough and it does so much for her.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She compensates by showing incredible leg.

6abdc24234174be031fee91da8ea168e61fc6d12

Azura skirt split rides up so high that she flashes the audience, but compared to the other Fates female designs it's pretty tame which...says a lot I think. Still it's the widest and highest I've seen a skirt split be for any Fire emblem character.

In fact, the dress looks like it would be perfect for leg popping in a dance which she does do something resembling that in the Nohr dance.

Though in general her outfit puts me more in mind of a ballet dress, and she does do ballet-like movements in the Hoshido dance.

There's nothing in the text that gives us an implication on how she would feel about her dress, but in a game where a handful of female fighters fight in their underwear it's probably not that significant.

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What is your opinion on some of the more wilder selections of The Doctor's

out-of-all-of-the-doctors-outfits-which-

(This one doesn't include the 14th or 15th, 14 is just 10 again and 15th seems like he's gonna be swapping out constantly).

Ooh, interesting.

In general I'm partial to fem styles but I like these. I like the fluffy blouse of the third doctor and the coats with scarfs that the 8th and war doctors sport. Very 19th century, I like.

Though the last one looks like she's a presenter in a corporate video.

31 minutes ago, gnip said:

Honestly, Camilla's entire design would be dope if you'd just removed the décolleté and especially the battle panties. A very Fates thing to do - create something dope and then make it worse because it has to be horny. Camilla's visual design is honstly one of the more mild cases; as long as the battle panties aren't on display, it's still "cool but a bit dumb" and not just "dumb".

I've completely ruined my pinterest feed by trying to find alternate designs for Camilla.

00c36479cb6ea621c0c348c16a2d57a4.jpg

There's this edit which is neat and all but I don't know, still looks off to me personally.

Though maybe that's just because I've worn a bodice before and imagining that shit as a tight metal armor piece sounds like hell.

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it would free up more mobility for both legs... and it is in-character for Sonya anyway. Not to mention, magic animations do seem to involve a lot of body movement, so it's not just Sonya being flashy since others also do it.

Perhaps but you can kiss that mobility goodbye if you insist on wearing heels the entire time. And with how mages can glide effortlessly across sand I have to wonder if they just levitate instead of walk.

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For its worth, even Camilla's current design is... kinda practical, to a degree. She has armored boots, gauntlets, and bodice. The boots reach up to cover her hips with armor, which combined with being mounted means the uncovered parts are not easily exposed during battle. The only actual vulnerable parts are her head and upper chest. It's hard to tell with the shoulder area since she's wearing that cape-shawl thing that covers it, so the gauntlets could include to armor the shoulders or not.

So... still questionable in appearance, but is functional enough in combat... while she's mounted at least.

Fair. Though I will never stop making fun of FE female fliers who don't wear pants on a mount as if that wouldn't be incredibly uncomfortable.

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd throw in the counterargument that the greatest threat to flying classes, both in gameplay and in lore, is archers, so leaving large parts of your upper torso unprotected for the sole purpose of looking hawt is still a questionable decision on her part. Still a good point, though, since the higher you go on the body, the less likely that an archer would have an angle on that part. Plus, it's the steed, not the rider, that's super vulnerable to arrows, I would assume.

And I also can't deny that "form over function" is part of fantasy armour all the time, and not always just for fanservice. Heroes not wearing helmets, like, ever, for example, is very useful to allow the viewer to actually recognise them on the battlefield. And the nameless mooks not showing their faces makes it easier to cheer for the hero's heroics instead of sympathising with the guy who just got a sword in his gut. It... just becomes more jarring when it goes into the "chainmail bikini" direction of things.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

6abdc24234174be031fee91da8ea168e61fc6d12

Azura skirt split rides up so high that she flashes the audience, but compared to the other Fates female designs it's pretty tame which...says a lot I think. Still it's the widest and highest I've seen a skirt split be for any Fire emblem character.

Azura is weird, because when I really stop to look at it, her design is omega horny, but I feel like it just kinda works? At least it doesn't feel as jarring to me as the likes of Camilla, characters who have holes punched into the structure of their armor so you can see ass.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

00c36479cb6ea621c0c348c16a2d57a4.jpg

There's this edit which is neat and all but I don't know, still looks off to me personally.

I think I like the mod one a little better. You can barely see it in the screenshot though.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Perhaps but you can kiss that mobility goodbye if you insist on wearing heels the entire time. And with how mages can glide effortlessly across sand I have to wonder if they just levitate instead of walk.

As I said, seems to be more for the spellcasting. Either way, FE humans are not like us humans in every sense, anyway. If they can pull it off better than us (to wit, even for us it's possible if requiring a lot of training to do so), then so be it.

I think one game explains it as the mages using magic to sweep the sand aside, which is... one way, I guess. I think the only time mages are shown actually levitating was with SoV witches, who can teleport anyway.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fair. Though I will never stop making fun of FE female fliers who don't wear pants on a mount as if that wouldn't be incredibly uncomfortable.

Well, see above. FE humans aren't like us. Even if not, they probably wear the equivalent of cycling shorts anyway.

9 minutes ago, gnip said:

I'd throw in the counterargument that the greatest threat to flying classes, both in gameplay and in lore, is archers, so leaving large parts of your upper torso unprotected for the sole purpose of looking hawt is still a questionable decision on her part. Still a good point, though, since the higher you go on the body, the less likely that an archer would have an angle on that part. Plus, it's the steed, not the rider, that's super vulnerable to arrows, I would assume.

Well, even then it'd still be hard. Since from the front the head of the mount would get in the way, so you'd need to launch the arrow from the side... but then you're likelier to hit the wings of the mount instead. So... likely same principle as the crotch area. The mount gets in the way so it's not too critical to cover it up in armor. For a flying mount in particular, you wouldn't want full-coverage armor anyway due to the weight. That's why pegasi riders don't use as much armor, though wyvern riders do wear armor on par with regular horse riders.

That too is a good point. When attacking a flying mount, it's of higher priority to hit the mount than the rider.

9 minutes ago, gnip said:

And I also can't deny that "form over function" is part of fantasy armour all the time, and not always just for fanservice. Heroes not wearing helmets, like, ever, for example, is very useful to allow the viewer to actually recognise them on the battlefield. And the nameless mooks not showing their faces makes it easier to cheer for the hero's heroics instead of sympathising with the guy who just got a sword in his gut. It... just becomes more jarring when it goes into the "chainmail bikini" direction of things.

I suppose that's the gist of it. Where do people draw the line to unrealism.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now talk about the Fates cavalier outfit.

Generic_portrait_cavalier_fe14.png?20150

I like it. Not as wild as the armor on the Nohr royals and reminds me of actual European armor styles. Up there as my favorites among the generic Nohrian portraits. Though I wish the piece on the top of the helmet was an actual feather.

If you wanted me to talk about the characters who are cavalier (Or part of the cavalier branch) at base, well...

812px-FEF_Gunter_02.png?20160503080243

Cool old man with a scar is sick, and though the armor is very fantastical it manages to look good without looking too bulky and dumb. The crest on the front of the color puts me in mind of French designs.

Portrait_silas_fe14.png?20150624171812

Wasn't ever a fan of personally. I don't like the armadillo armor approach as much.

666px-FEF_Xander_02.png?20160503081632

Same problem as Silas. the Armor always looked off to me.

677px-FEF_Peri_01.png?20160503081233

Also weird armor, but I like it a tad bit better. I think the claw-like gauntlets are cool am I like the emblem on the pummel of the sword. Her skirt is kind of like hip guards on real armor and if those are pants and not tights than it would actually make some sense to have the crotch be exposed like that so her armor doesn't get caught on the saddle.

2D_model_sophie_fe14.png?20210511004404

Similar to Peri's but she's not wearing any pants so...ouch.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Azura is weird, because when I really stop to look at it, her design is omega horny, but I feel like it just kinda works? At least it doesn't feel as jarring to me as the likes of Camilla, characters who have holes punched into the structure of their armor so you can see ass.

Reminds me how there is also a distinction between sexualization that is meant to display a sense of beautiful eroticism and sexualization that is meant to instill sexual stimulate.

And that's an important distinction to make because saying that all female characters should be covered up and modest can be a dangerous pipeline to thinking that women in general should be forced into the box of modesty and any girl who shows her shoulders is a whore, kind of thing, you know.

Basically, sexual objectification is bad, but sexuality in itself is fine.

Now do I think Fates and particularly Azura aimed to portray beautiful eroticism with the feminine body and not to appeal the male gaze for it's largely straight male audience?? Abso-fucking-lutely not but when I look at Azura I definitely see something beautiful and artistic, and even if that was never intended it is still worth noting I think.

36 minutes ago, gnip said:

Yeah the line is usually drawn when said designs start look dumb instead of cool. Camilla I think is the greatest example of a character who, in any cutscene she's in, just looks weird, goofy almost. Like she's a parody of sexualized female characters in RPGs.

Similar to Peri's but she's not wearing any pants so...ouch.

I was actually only thinking of the "no pants for girls" part lol It's so fucking stupid

812px-FEF_Gunter_02.png?20160503080243

Cool old man with a scar is sick, and though the armor is very fantastical it manages to look good without looking too bulky and dumb. The crest on the front of the color puts me in mind of French designs.

But Gunter definitely gets the best design out of all these. Which is, again, in keeping with the Law of Kozaki, seeing how he's a Corrinsexual that doesn't even appear in one of the routes, is a complete afterthought in another and gets overlooked by the community in his one good route.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Reminds me how there is also a distinction between sexualization that is meant to display a sense of beautiful eroticism and sexualization that is meant to instill sexual stimulate.

And that's an important distinction to make because saying that all female characters should be covered up and modest can be a dangerous pipeline to thinking that women in general should be forced into the box of modesty and any girl who shows her shoulders is a whore, kind of thing, you know.

Basically, sexual objectification is bad, but sexuality in itself is fine.

Now do I think Fates and particularly Azura aimed to portray beautiful eroticism with the feminine body and not to appeal the male gaze for it's largely straight male audience?? Abso-fucking-lutely not but when I look at Azura I definitely see something beautiful and artistic, and even if that was never intended it is still worth noting I think.

This. I have nothing to add, you put it best.