• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

She has the same class as Czene. She is clearly meant to be a mounted thief with some combat, rather than a real combat unit.

Yeah, but... Sheesh, with her role in the game she needed to be a combat unit more than most. Athol even straight up says "she's a lioness on the battlefield" which is really dumb because she can't hurt things to save her life.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Hopefully that remake will make it eventually.

The remake to make VS1 as good as VS2, if we're lucky.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Jo thanks!

I gotta go check some mods out 😄

Please do, there's so many cool ones.

Apparently her pref also used to have 8 might instead of 15. So she actually already got buffed quite a bit.

Of course what has been shown of Hoelun in the new version is something else entirely.

Edited by BrightBow

I just know Ncuti's gonna kill it as The Doctor.

It's been a while since i've been this excited for a Doctor Who era........which isn't saying much since i hopped on during the Capaldi years (based but because of the hiatuses, it wasn't that long ago).

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be entirely fair, you are given generous amounts of experience in the route split map that are intended to catch up any underleveled stooges you might have.

Honestly......this kinda goes back to what Shaky Jones said about Thracia

On 12/8/2023 at 11:40 AM, Shaky Jones said:

I doubt anyone will be thrilled upon being told "just arena grind". That's arguably cheating, given many would likely use save states for that. Like, you just can't play normally and safely use units without the fear of stamina screwing you over against the unexpected.

I think there's something similar here going on with Vestaria 1. While it's not quite as awful as stamina, you're still getting into a situation where if you didn't use those units, it's a "fuck you, spend the next hour grinding them up to speed". And you will do it because the route split chapters will, from what i hear, beat you within an inch of your life and then kick you in the balls if your units are underleveled. Which, in my case, was most of Cyltan's forces. Like, i shouldn't be forced to grind just to be able to stand a chance for the next few maps.

Hell actually, now that I think about, while Thracia is overall the worse game, the "just arena grind" is ultimately, optional. I think. It helps but you don't have to. Any game with optional maps you can do (Awakening, Sacred Stones, etc)? Also optional. In those games, it's "you can grind if you need to catch up". With Vestaria 1, it's "you will grind if you have to catch up".

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

OMG

YES

YES

SUPER ROBOT REFERENCES GALORE!!!

BONAFIED MAZINGER Z HOMAGE!!!

Song of Giga Rosa intensifies

... well, there went those brief moments of levity before the next wringer.

It will be so satisfying subverting that once I get all the light orbs... I'm pretty sure it's not even possible right now, even if I had all thirteen already. That other ending must be seen first, I bet.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you're prone to the preserving mindset, trying to conserve that thing is going to spell the doom of both fliers, since they suck balls without it.

Not that there's any merit to that mindset in Vestaria, anyway, with the giant amount of personal weaopns, brave weapons, powerful weapons you get and siurian thaumite being a thing.

-One of the reasons I ended up struggling in Berwick no doubt.😅 Sylvis still had her nice starting bow and arrows pretty intact. I might've used Gram two or three times at most?

I don't entirely avoid using rare weapons here or there, I did the usual T776 heavy Light Brand use during the Manster Escape (still had 22 uses left by the end of the game though) on my one run of that. I had plenty o' fun with the Sunflame in TRS (TBF, fire magic is kinda bad without it, Rishel needs his tome). But the two above instances are major exceptions, I am definitely an item hoarder *finds old image of the TRS Brave Axe with all 90 uses intact*.

Of course, Berwick didn't help itself with its durability blurriness. That and the tiiiiiny chance of random instant breakage only strengthened my hesitancy to use anything good.

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

zDEmjZ9.png

Yeah i can be much more daring with the settings

....i should also upgrade Ram to 32 asap lol. Feels weak compared to the rest kek

Maaaan envy. My computers cannot manage that. And I cannot justify upgrading for a single game, least of all without a job and with the current expenses our family faces, so... Welp. Guess it'll be another three or four years before I can comfortably play this game.

Eh. It's fine. I made an attempt at resuming the old maddening save file and it swiftly killed my brief wish to return to the game. I can wait a few years until I'm ready to give up on the bragging rights and restart from the beginning.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly......this kinda goes back to what Shaky Jones said about Thracia

I mean, I'm not saying it's great, I'm saying it's not so awful. But it could definitely be better, and it is, im VS2.

...Also, no, the arena geinding in Thracia is not necessary. It's just the argument for people who hate fatigue that much, but it's really not nearly that impactful a mechanic.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-One of the reasons I ended up struggling in Berwick no doubt.😅 Sylvis still had her nice starting bow and arrows pretty intact. I might've used Gram two or three times at most?

I don't entirely avoid using rare weapons here or there, I did the usual T776 heavy Light Brand use during the Manster Escape (still had 22 uses left by the end of the game though) on my one run of that. I had plenty o' fun with the Sunflame in TRS (TBF, fire magic is kinda bad without it, Rishel needs his tome). But the two above instances are major exceptions, I am definitely an item hoarder *finds old image of the TRS Brave Axe with all 90 uses intact*.

Of course, Berwick didn't help itself with its durability blurriness. That and the tiiiiiny chance of random instant breakage only strengthened my hesitancy to use anything good.

Yeah KagaSaga really wants you to do away with this mindset. Gram is  a weapon to be used throughout the game and restored with repairstones as needed.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My computers cannot manage that. And I cannot justify upgrading for a single game, least of all without a job and with the current expenses our family faces, so... Welp. Guess it'll be another three or four years before I can comfortably play this game.

Yh completely understandable. Especially under the current economic situation. It's not like i upgraded for FE, but because my system is really old and i had to upgrade soon and the prices are not getting cheaper

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yh completely understandable. Especially under the current economic situation. It's like i upgraded for FE, but because my system is really old and i hadto upgrade soon and the prices are not getting cheaper

Yeah in that situation it's fair, an upgrade's going to be substantial. But in my case my computers can handle almost everything I throw at them. Switch emulation is the first thing I've encountered that I cannot comfortably play, and the only Switch game I really need to play on PC is Engage, everything else doesn't need mods and is fine on the console itself. It's just not reasonable.

Oh well. There'll always be Sacred Tome of Nocturne. Can't wait to play that again after I'm done with the VS1 run...

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, no, the arena geinding in Thracia is not necessary. It's just the argument for people who hate fatigue that much, but it's really not nearly that impactful a mechanic

Arena grinding was never a fun idea though, and it doesnt change there. It "ruins the enjoyment of the battle system" in every way possible. And the player shouldnt feel compelled to do so, either.

Vestaria_Saga_I_11_12_2023_12_53_37.png?

Yeah I don't know, that's clear enough to me. It doesn't say "10 turns of the glass from now", it says "the 10th turn of the glass." It even highlights "10th turn" so it's extra clear.

That being said, the window is insanely tight. Siegfried gets to the chest on turn 10 if he has moved as far as he can on every single turn, pretty much. This does not synergize well with the fact that all the enemies in his path have axe defend, which is basically a RNG% chance of Siegfried being unable to move forward... And, y'know, losing. And on top of that, Hilda cannot move well on the desert, so she falls woefully behind and can't help Siggy out with her brave axe. And on top of that, Siegfried dies if he eats a few hits, so even with his personal tome he needs some lucky dodges.

Not a greatly designed challenge, this.

Vestaria_Saga_I_11_12_2023_13_00_35.png?

Also, fucking fantastic start. I am so happy I made this choice.

26 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Arena grinding was never a fun idea though, and it doesnt change there. It "ruins the enjoyment of the battle system" in every way possible. And the player shouldnt feel compelled to do so, either.

Well... Yes, that's what I'm saying. If you hate fatigue that much you can do that, but fatigue isn't nearly impactful enough to warrant such extreme measures.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well... Yes, that's what I'm saying. If you hate fatigue that much you can do that, but fatigue isn't nearly impactful enough to warrant such extreme measures

I should hope that nothing in FE ever reaches that point in tedium where you have to cheese it in order to actually play. 

I'm not all "the game needs to be difficult to be good!" Mentality or anything, I just dont want gameplay to be broken at base/way too abusable at base (pretty sure CS is like, the only scenario i've played where things got this bad)

And of course, there's the stupidity that if Siegfried doesn't make it to the chest, Zweiras executes him, orders his body burned and then Hilda calls him a son of a bitch and threatens to kill him. If Siegfried does make it to the chest, Zweiras executes him, orders his body burned and then Hilda calls him a son of a bitch and threatens to kill him.

If the chest is reached, Hilda survives the encounter, and then it's revealed Siegfried used a magical totem of some kind to revive himself after dying, and some weird magic to swap places with his captor (he has neither of these in the gameplay section). If the chest is not reached, Hilda dies there and Siegfried... I don't know, is too heartbroken to use his multiple Plot Magicks to survive the encounter? And just dies, leaving Lianka as the sole survivor. This is all incredibly arbitrary and I hate it.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, right after the rescue, the game spawned wyverns on top of Cezar when he went to get the northern chests. For fuck's fucking sake, what a shit map this is.

Edited by Saint Rubenio