Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You must really hate when fire emblem games give you multiple deployment slots, where you are forced to field extra units, or just nor fielding units in all those burdensome slots.

Not really, I just dislike when they tell me how i can play the game, which isnt the point of FE gameplay at base. 

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Really its just a new resource to manage and use

Its about as much of a burden as weapon uses, and since it only goes one way, because somehow enemy units never get tired. Xd

• Replies 178.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...A different source told me recently that Xenoblade 2 has like 10 hours of tutorials.

Now you say the tutorials are awful and teach only the barest minimum.

Now my question is: Are you fucking kidding me

I don't know what happened but yeah. They either tell you information without context or just non-explanations. My first run I was basically playing the game wrong.

I don't know what's worse, that or Xenoblade X not having tutorials like at all.

My greedy ass has spent the last hour trying to get the gold convoy on chapter 13 with a horribly suboptimal team that had zero means of healing aside from Athol. You know, who can't move.

...Victory tastes good.

zpoHRjjb_o.png

Also I so wish these two become playable in some game down the line. Unlike Orphelia, I didn't get them in VS2. I guess one can't win them all. They better make an appearance in the future, though. Calliera is super cool and Sendric's facial hair is out of this world.

Tears of the Kingdom is the greatest Zelda game because you can make pizza. I will attach cheese to the Master Sword to defeat Ganondorf.

On 12/10/2023 at 1:49 PM, Armagon said:

Ebirah's one of my favorites. Underrated film.

20231210_134308.jpg?ex=65887bc8&is=65760

At last, Ebirah gets the respect he deserves.

I still think about how apparently, Mike Wazowski is strong enough to destroy multiverses and has infinite speed.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Why does a song about eating babies kinda go hard?

When you combine this with The Flash, babies just can't catch a break in 2023.

3 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I think a rant would be more appropriate for when I finish the game itself, but I can't believe they didn't learn anything from the mistakes of Origins and Odyssey and even removed the changes that Odyssey made for the better just to "bring in the classic elements " that nostalgic fans were asking for.

Don't they release every year? They might not have time to take criticism into account though even if they could, I feel like they wouldn't.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...A different source told me recently that Xenoblade 2 has like 10 hours of tutorials.

Now you say the tutorials are awful and teach only the barest minimum.

I don't know where you heard that, but technically speaking "there are 10 hours of tutorials" and "the tutorials are bad" aren't mutually exclusive. Mostly the issue is that you can't review the tutorials, and they don't really walk you through the gameplay mechanics to show you how to do them properly.

Though for Xenoblade 3 many people took a while to figure out that you can select which characters to use in a chain attack, so maybe the tutorials aren't entirely the issue.

Ah right. I had forgotten that while the army is busy getting broken by Calliera's forces on four fronts, Athol just... sort of airheadedly wandered off and happened uppon Bandits A and B who managed to get her out of the woods and back to Imperial turf to be sold off in like 5 minutes.

I guess they had to put her in Zoy's path somehow, but this just makes her look pretty damn dumb. At least make it so she doesn't wander off, she's just taken while everyone else is (understandably) distracted.

No matter, though. Something far more important is happening.

It's the man, the myth, the legend.

Vestaria_Saga_I_11_12_2023_23_26_49.png?

The imbecile.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

I don't know where you heard that

Someone who played the game told me.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

but technically speaking "there are 10 hours of tutorials" and "the tutorials are bad" aren't mutually exclusive.

No I know, it's just that 10 hours of bad tutorials is like, maximum failure lol

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also I so wish these two become playable in some game down the line. Unlike Orphelia, I didn't get them in VS2. I guess one can't win them all. They better make an appearance in the future, though. Calliera is super cool and Sendric's facial hair is out of this world.

avs056.jpg
https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/10/01/003309

20200118121339.jpg

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2018/02/08/000923

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The imbecile.

Beautiful as always.

Btw, since we are approaching chapter 16, I'm sure you are going to save Elbert's head this time, but may I also encourage you to keep the conversation chain between Zade and Athol going?

28 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Niiice. This one person's done everyone!

Beautiful as always.

Imagine being so dumb your demoralize your troops by existing. What a madlad.

Btw, since we are approaching chapter 16, I'm sure you are going to save Elbert's head this time

I owe it to him to try, at least. Though with my critical lack of high movement options, it's going to be interesting to pull off.

but may I also encourage you to keep the conversation chain between Zade and Athol going?

I don't remember what you're getting at but I'll do my best.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Athol may look stary eyed at Zade, but Zade was never into i

Eh

I always felt that Zade is not doing anything out of knightly duty and because the whole brother thing.

The whole "Knight" thing also affects his other relationships.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The Warrior's spinoff?

Yeah

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Could just be my own perception though.

Mine as well. Imo VS1 already was quite obvious with it, and VS2...won't spoil.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

less controlling and moreso "oops, you used McSwordy too much and he's gonna sleep in the next day" and weaker units (read: less HP) get screwed by this more.

Eh

With how weak Thracia's enemies are, it's really non issue - very rarely will you have all your strong units fatigued

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

estaria Saga 1 walked and tripped so that Vestaria 2 could soar the skies. You can really tell he learned a few lessons from his mistakes in this game.

🤔

VS2 is defo more fun than 1 (especially the more puzzly levels, those were really really bad and boring in 1, Cyltan's Thriller level aside), but i feel it's less "learned from his mistakes" and more "unhinged Kaga", which is imo Kaga really good at.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade X

Emulation soon ™️

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

With how weak Thracia's enemies are, it's really non issue - very rarely will you have all your strong units fatigued

Literally just supporting sticking to using broken units = good game design lmao

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

"I died from an illness, just once tho" lmao

Let me tell you, having played through precisely that quite recently... no, it's even funnier.

Kaginado is that kind of series...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh lol, this is funny. Shame this wasn't in the anime...

Hmm, I'd say, the first time I heard of Akio's route, I thought Tomoya would actually go with him on that trip. Turns out that wasn't the case, huh.

---

Oh boy, here comes the part of the bus...

There it is. The Thirteenth Struggle Reflection Dilemma *insert further KH references here* Light.

Alright, let's do this! Time to get that Happy Ending!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Though for Xenoblade 3 many people took a while to figure out that you can select which characters to use in a chain attack, so maybe the tutorials aren't entirely the issue.

This being the game that has those "you can't progress until you do the thing the tutorial is teaching you" tutorials.

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

When you combine this with The Flash, babies just can't catch a break in 2023.

I forgot the Flash came out this year.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I died from an illness, just once tho" lmao

This feels like something The Doctor would say.

And it's done... True Ending has been reached. So worth it...

But, I'm far from being done with this. Still got some optional stuff left to do... well, quite a bit. Starting with... the Baseball Route, but that's for next time...

9 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Zade has a talk option with Athol at the start and after every town she visits.

Thanks for letting me know, I will try to see them all.

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

VS2 is defo more fun than 1 (especially the more puzzly levels, those were really really bad and boring in 1, Cyltan's Thriller level aside), but i feel it's less "learned from his mistakes" and more "unhinged Kaga", which is imo Kaga really good at.

I'd say one led to the other. With VS1 Kaga shook off the dust and grew accustomed to the tools he had, which allowed him to unleash the full might of his madness upon the sequel.

There are some maps that kinda feel like "that VS1 map but better", too. There is a bigger meaner Siege of Harral, the defend Roleck map is a more dynamic version of defendimg the camp against Calliera, Lever Hell is a bit like a better paced VS1 Endgame... Stuff like that. Ya love to see it.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

HlsNGX7.png

Betterlear.

...wait is that an edit or a mod?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Ok no but seriously who uses words like this? Trothplight, warishing, sennight, megrims... It's not straight up Shakespearean English like Covenant but the guys at Dangen really pulled all the stops with the medievalness in these games.

...And then they threw a few "son of a bitch"es and "little shit"s in there but hey.