Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Why do people feel the need to blame the artists? 

Because Moralassholery is a perfect way to bully people while "being good" and/or virtue signaling is the only thing these assholes can do to feel good about themselves

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So this is what he was doing all this time. Looks interesting, I dig the visuals

I am quite excited. I did like quite a bit what i played of his hacks/fangames back then. I think it was one of his videos (Ragefest was it?) even that introduced me to the world of FE hacks and stuff

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah, this company has always been horrible

yh, but i am talking more about the industry in general.

The horrible practices have been increasing and getting worse - and gaming becoming too big is one of the main reasons for that.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Because Moralfaggatory is a perfect way to bully people while "being good" and/or virtue signaling is the only thing these assholes can do to feel good about themselves

Well, I can only imagine what "being good" entails. 

I mean, everyone has artwork they like or dislike, but thats certainly no way to about it.

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I mean, everyone has artwork they like or dislike, but thats certainly no way to about it.

what, you don't think bullying and killing people over "immoral" art is a bad thing?

Smh bad Cosmo, get canceled

(/s obvs, but these is how Fandom is nowadays)

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

what, you don't think bullying and killing people over "immoral" art is a bad thing?

Smh bad Cosmo, get canceled

(/s obvs, but these is how Fandom is nowadays)

God, I hope i never come to that point. 

Sorry! Sorry! 

That's truly sad that things end in that manner and get justified somehow. 

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Because Moralfaggatory is a perfect way to bully people while "being good" and/or virtue signaling is the only thing these assholes can do to feel good about themselves

...Moralwhat?

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yh, but i am talking more about the industry in general.

The horrible practices have been increasing and getting worse - and gaming becoming too big is one of the main reasons for that.

Eh, I don't know. I've never agreed with your "gatekeeping is actually good" takes. Nobody's forcing companies to be greedy, they're just doing it because capitalism. Of course, people buying up regardless of bad practices also contributes, but it's not just casual folks doing that. There's plenty of Big G Gamers that also relent and eat up out of brand loyalty. The ones making noise and calling for boycotts are a small, entirely ineffective part of the industry's consumer base.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Moralwhat?

When Morals are used to justify killing and bullying innocent people, what do you call it?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nobody's forcing companies to be greedy, they're just doing it because capitalism.

and one the main things of capitalism is supply and demand

And demand for games is just getting higher. Companies don't need to care about angering their core base if they have enough casual pull to sell like hotcakes.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's plenty of Big G Gamers that also relent and eat up out of brand loyalty.

Ofc, but the part that decided to not buy feels insignificant compared to before.

12 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Falcom doesn't need to take the reserved path when they got this:

00d3cb42a3ce93ce342d68d158f977e0.png

true enlightenment. And am I okay with this? Hell yeah i am. XD Keep up the good work with thsoe designs, Falcom! lmao

aslong as the writing and gameplay don't suffer for it, and we know how that was in CS 😛

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

aslong as the writing and gameplay don't suffer for it, and we know how that was in CS 😛

Haha, that's fair. But their character artwork is a HUGE + for the games for me, their poses, designs, outfits all look so damn good. They really knew how to bring them to life.

Saying their designs are anything near "bad" would just be ignorant. XD

32 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

When Morals are used to justify killing and bullying innocent people, what do you call it?

I don't know, but certainly not a homophobic slur. You can just call it assholery. There's no reason to bring that kind of shit into this, it makes you and your point look bad.

33 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And demand for games is just getting higher. Companies don't need to care about angering their core base if they have enough casual pull to sell like hotcakes.

Ofc, but the part that decided to not buy feels insignificant compared to before.

I guess those are fair points, but beyond lamenting, what does one do to keep people from getting into videogames? Because the moment one starts talking about something they like, they risk word spreading. Should we all have just sat in our homes playing our games in silence, making very sure not to discuss it anywhere so that nobody else discovers they exist? Do we bully casual consumers as relentlessly as the folks you're criticizing in the other conversation to keep them from touching our precious?

You can't just force people not to buy videogames. What needs to be changed is the system that is directly responsible for this issue. This, and every other problem humanity faces, just about.

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Haha, that's fair. But their character artwork is a HUGE + for the games for me, their poses, designs, outfits all look so damn good. They really knew how to bring them to life.

Saying their designs are anything near "bad" would just be ignorant. XD

I never said they are bad

That said

CS3-5 suffer too much from same face

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What needs to be changed is the system that is directly responsible for this issue. This, and every other problem humanity faces, just about.

but can we?

The overwhelming majority is fine with the "system" - aslong as they get pandered to and/or get tricked by "We do it for X group"

Same company selling stuff to China and Saudi Arabia "X Group? We removed them from out product :D"

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do we bully casual consumers as relentlessly as the folks you're criticizing in the other conversation to keep them from touching our precious?

No. That's not what i meant. I don't know how to deal with it either

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Because the moment one starts talking about something they like, they risk word spreading. Should we all have just sat in our homes playing our games in silence, making very sure not to discuss it anywhere so that nobody else discovers they exist?

and what's happening right now is people discover they exist then go on bullying or replace an existing fanbase

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wait

what slur

AH

Shit

Sorrry sorrrrrrrrrrrry

edited

Better. Don't get me wrong, I agree. You can dislike a piece of fanart, and even express this dislike, without being a horrible piece of shit about it. But there's better ways to call it out.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I never said they are bad

That said

CS3-5 suffer too much from same face

Whoever drew IV Musse's expressions has fucking talent:

7090826e0ec3e5aef0f06f117a1ba986.png

they clearly wanted a mix of cute/devious and damn does that look so perfect, I love it! XD This kind of attention to detail is something only most wished they could pull off. lol

but can we?

The overwhelming majority is fine with the "system" - aslong as they get pandered to and/or get tricked by "We do it for X group"

Same company selling stuff to China and Saudi Arabia "X Group? We removed them from out product :D"

No. That's not what i meant. I don't know how to deal with it either

Yeah, I know it's not what you meant, but well, what else is there to be done within the confines of the system? That's the hurdle right there.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Better. Don't get me wrong, I agree. You can dislike a piece of fanart, and even express this dislike, without being a horrible piece of shit about it. But there's better ways to call it out.

yeah my mistake here. Sometimes certain slurs escape my mind and/or i confused their meaning

(I know it's not that believeable, but i mistook the slur for something else, then again if you saw what i did yesterday during the linked ironman where i just saw some stuff that's not there...:D)

Seriously, go look at my last linked ironman entry and laugh

3 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Whoever drew IV Musse's expressions has fucking talent:

7090826e0ec3e5aef0f06f117a1ba986.png

they clearly wanted a mix of cute/devious and damn does that look so perfect, I love it! XD This kind of attention to detail is something only most wished they could pull off. lol

The Teehee mistress herself!

Now i remember my dead Trails x FE CYOA.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I know it's not what you meant, but well, what else is there to be done within the confines of the system? That's the hurdle right there.

consume, i guess

Needed something to change it up from RF5, chose to resume my unfinished emulated EOIV run. Took a moment to reorient to that and remember what I had been doing regarding my character builds (still waiting on a couple levels before resting the Dancer to go from Trick Samba to Chase Samba + Rush Dance). Yet, soon enough, I slid back into it with ease. Ah pure JRPG all-gameplay thin-plot perfection, or at least comfort food for me.☺️ -The issue will be not letting this stop me from continuing with RF5.😆

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lessgo

2035 in the west

Depends on whether Falcom has already booked Untitled Ys Game a T&L slot at NISA. -And if international fans are receptive to the new NISAi! More than a program, it shall expedite the production of words concerning a red boy who spelunkers with the naturalest human language possible.🤖

yeah my mistake here. Sometimes certain slurs escape my mind and/or i confused their meaning

(I know it's not that believeable, but i mistook the slur for something else, then again if you saw what i did yesterday during the linked ironman where i just saw some stuff that's not there...:D)

I found your word choice weird, though obviously I slept during the above conversation so I didn't respond before you recognized your error. Since I know you well, I didn't take any offense from it though that, and while I'm almost certainly in the community that would be offended, I don't really feel like I am and that won't be until I get 💘, if that ever happens.

Sorry again, and i will try to mind my word choice more

But y'all know how this whole fandom topic gets me quite riled up, even though i have been trying to stay away from it lately, it's just everywhere. Another artist i know decided to delete quite a bit of their stuff because they got harassed

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sorry again, and i will try to mind my word choice more

But y'all know how this whole fandom topic gets me quite riled up, even though i have been trying to stay away from it lately, it's just everywhere. Another artist i know decided to delete quite a bit of their stuff because they got harassed

We all understand how that feels, no need to feel guilty!

Have a happy Musse face! 

0c09084626bf8eebf22f9d75c0099302.png

Leaving that aside

Vestaria_Saga_II_v1.13.7_20_12_2023_13_4

This is the funniest map in VS2. Not bad, but funny.

Not only is Zade's whole "plan" to defeat Baruke's elite Ironbloods by putting logs on a beach hilariously dumb, and then it works because Baruke is even more hilariously dumb, but the fact that every single Ironblood has the exact same death quote yields this delightfully absurd text backlog.

10/10 would rest my lance again. Ggh.

Note I said hilariously dumb, not unrealistic. This is basically just the battle of Agincourt.