Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Huh, that's weird. Alvina only has like four entirely ordinary men posted around the town.

Hah, women."

- Vester minutes before marching to the horrible deaths of himself, his troops and Reese's troops.

Ya know, while I hesitate to resume Berwick, I find myself falling victim to my liking to plan/theorycraft things, perhaps more than actually playing them.šŸ˜…

Even as I find myself questioning after all the bumps in the road how much of a stomach I would have for subsequent Berwick runs, I'm considering them. To be precise, the usual go-to second runs in FE for me are females-only and males-only. (Although, since I'd like to fulfill all civilian requests, permanently recruit everyone, use anyone who is force-deployed, fill in any empty deployment slots, they wouldn't be the strictest mono-sex runs for me.)

Thinking about females-only, you'd get the decidedly smaller half of the roster, a negative.

• Pros are the lone flier, the most solid archer to start, the mage duchess and her airy inferior, plus two healers.
  • The primary negative would be a sheer lack of physical durability outside of Ward-sama in story missions. Ruby would hit 20 S Shield in no time.

As for a manly! Berwick, one would have more units. -But that ain't so great when deployment slots have a limit easily reached.

• No shortage of cavaliers, Sherpa-Volo-Dean are killer infantries. Daoud-Marcel-Derrick have tankiness aplenty and almost all the guys are good on this front.
  • The negatives are no flier, and the loneĀ dedicated mage without a powerhouse Pallas orb.
  • Owen is a mixed bag, I wouldn't be above fielding Saphira or Izerna simply b/c healer without a turn limit.
    • Vulneraries are infinitely buyable, and atĀ 20 HP each areĀ pretty good. Assuming I would leave Reese to live a spartan existence in the capital, that'd free up more than enough funds to finance heavy Vulnerary use? It could even free Owen to use the Fire orbs Enid wouldn't be on this run, that couldĀ easily be more valuable than a 12HP(?) Heal much of the time.

But again- why was I thinking about this?šŸ˜†

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Camus.png?ex=65935968&is=6580e468&hm=1ba

Their fault for not doing what Corrin did and be born the main character. Then the only ones who will accuse you of villainy are strawmen who only do this to make you look even more compassionate, caring and selfless because you are oh so sad that they just don't understand.

Camuses are so stupid.

Edited by BrightBow

10 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

You are not pressuring me into restarting fe3 on a different translation for this. It's just not worth it.

That sounds like something that somebody not sufficiently commited to Maji would say. But it's OK. Just remember that being a Cord Corporal is not quite the same.

10 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Milo has... 80, i believe? And in my experience, which was 2 runs in a row on hard, she got hit about 20-30% of the time, and i fielded her every map I could.

From what I can tell looking at the available numbers, their avoid is... basically identical, but Groma has skills that boost it further. And Groma was extremely unreliable when it came to survivability, I could barely trust her to hold the line for one turn before stray hits threatened to take her down. Milo no doubt has other strengths, those debuffs look amazing, but dodgetanking just doesn't seem to me like something you want to go for intentionally in this game.

Still, again, different playstyles. I prefer being able to eat a few hits and not have to pray to dear Kaga for it haha.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thinking about females-only, you'd get the decidedly smaller half of the roster, a negative.

• Pros are the lone flier, the most solid archer to start, the mage duchess and her airy inferior, plus two healers.
  • The primary negative would be a sheer lack of physical durability outside of Ward-sama in story missions. Ruby would hit 20 S Shield in no time.

Yeah I think the closest thing to a female tank in Berwick is... friggin' chapter 10-1 paladin, oof.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for a manly! Berwick, one would have more units. -But that ain't so great when deployment slots have a limit easily reached.

• No shortage of cavaliers, Sherpa-Volo-Dean are killer infantries. Daoud-Marcel-Derrick have tankiness aplenty and almost all the guys are good on this front.
  • The negatives are no flier, and the loneĀ dedicated mage without a powerhouse Pallas orb.
  • Owen is a mixed bag, I wouldn't be above fielding Saphira or Izerna simply b/c healer without a turn limit.
    • Vulneraries are infinitely buyable, and atĀ 20 HP each areĀ pretty good. Assuming I would leave Reese to live a spartan existence in the capital, that'd free up more than enough funds to finance heavy Vulnerary use? It could even free Owen to use the Fire orbs Enid wouldn't be on this run, that couldĀ easily be more valuable than a 12HP(?) Heal much of the time.

Male only Berwick seems fine until you realize you have no healers, yeah. That being said, there are enough maps in Berwick that end on turn 24. I've gotten away with using Owen solo in the past, it's really not a biggie. I think the only map where I consistently wish I could have a longer lasting healer is 9-main? The rest were pretty much always already in clean-up phase by the time Owen had to leave.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

From what I can tell looking at the available numbers, their avoid is... basically identical, but Groma has skills that boost it further. And Groma was extremely unreliable when it came to survivability, I could barely trust her to hold the line for one turn before stray hits threatened to take her down. Milo no doubt has other strengths, those debuffs look amazing, but dodgetanking just doesn't seem to me like something you want to go for intentionally in this game

I dunno what the numbers mean because units with 40 SPD get out turned by units with 30 SPD, which really shouldn't happen. That AND characters with the exact same SPD go turns nowhere near each other even on turn 1 for everyone.

Edited by Lightcosmo

8 hours ago, ping said:

That sounds like something that somebody not sufficiently commited to Maji would say. But it's OK. Just remember that being a Cord Corporal is not quite the same.

I remember being a Cord Corporal. Good times. But then once I became Cord Captains, my missions became brutal. Like damn, I'm talking no survivors level stuff. It was okay though. They were hardly worth calling humans anyways.

Ā 

I will do that fe1 run when I next get the chance. And I know you aint talking smack with that yee yee ass +skill only lvl 9 Maji.Ā 

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

madeline-sneezing.gif

...maybe i should use the chance and try to create a FE map or something since i am sick on bed anyway and not going anywhere...

Oh dear... Hope you get better soon.

And hey, there's an idea haha. You can try that. Any ideas?

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh dear... Hope you get better soon.

Thanks^^

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And hey, there's an idea haha. You can try that. Any ideas?

yes - i have an outline of the whole thing.

I just need to go about implementing it, aka the hard part/real work XD

Vestaria_Saga_II_v1.13.7_19_12_2023_19_4

This is a real line in an officially localized game.

Made me so sad I couldn't share it with you folks back in the day lol

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yes - i have an outline of the whole thing.

I just need to go about implementing it, aka the hard part/real work XD

Haha, well, let us know how it goes! Put Garon in your map

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is a real line in an officially localized game.

....i don't remember this lol?

let us know how it goes!

probably nowhere

Especially with all the ideas i have kek

Put Garon in your map

I wanted to make something serious and not a meme kek

29 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

...i don't remember this lol?

Did you play this game in its entirety? I'm drawing a blank now, I can't recall if you ever got around to finishing before or after it was localized.

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I wanted to make something serious and not a meme kek

I take exception to the fact that you imply Garon is a mere meme. Apologize to him at once or be salted.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Did you play this game in its entirety? I'm drawing a blank now, I can't recall if you ever got around to finishing before or after it was localized.

I finished it, yes. After it was localized.

I started the jp version at first but then localization was announced and i waited.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I take exception to the fact that you imply Garon is a mere meme.

*Insert Garuben here*

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I finished it, yes. After it was localized.

I started the jp version at first but then localization was announced and i waited.

Huh, I must be misremembering. Or you didn't talk much about it at the time.

Anyway, that's the capturable guy in chapter 7-x. That's his death quote, so it's no wonder you didn't see it lol

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Huh, I must be misremembering. Or you didn't talk much about it at the time.

I just checked back on the thread and i did talk about it quite a bit - but also finished it quite fast iirc

Last year August.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's his death quote, so it's no wonder you didn't see it lol

ahhhhhhhhhh

lol

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

madeline-sneezing.gif

...maybe i should use the chance and try to create a FE map or something since i am sick on bed anyway and not going anywhere...

Hope you get better by Xmas!šŸ˜ƒ

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
Ā  Reveal hidden contents

06swa2joo87c1.jpg?width=1240&format=pjpg

FE fans getting Outdegen'd

Still wtf is that list šŸ˜‚

The biggest names, obviously. Which is expectable, butĀ šŸ„±Ā bor-ing!Ā I pity all the small-game characters who don't get their proper share of smutification.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hope you get better by Xmas!šŸ˜ƒ

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ā I pity all the small-game characters who don't get their proper share of smutification.

well, they are small after all

...i will see myself out

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

well, they are small after all

...i will see myself out

You didn't post this I see...

Spoiler

e71e034fadd7ceb4d567bd04f52fbc95.jpg

Russia-developed(?) alright-reviewed FPS in the top five seems odd. Surprised Baldy Gate isn't higher, given theĀ šŸ»Ā sex hullabaloo and stuff. Nintendo got a rise from the Mario movie (that does not exist) and Tears of the Kingdom I think. Sony similarly must've benefited from GoW Raggy.

46 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I just checked back on the thread and i did talk about it quite a bit - but also finished it quite fast iirc

Last year August.

Ah, I see.

24 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
Ā  Hide contents

06swa2joo87c1.jpg?width=1240&format=pjpg

FE fans getting Outdegen'd

Still wtf is that list šŸ˜‚

Even the almighty Camilla pales in comparison to the true big leagues.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Russia-developed(?) alright-reviewed FPS in the top five seems odd.

I can explain that.

Ā 

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Probably was going to be about Sylvis too. Tragic.

Plot twist: This is the reason Sylvis joins in chapter 1 instead of 6. In reality she joined in chapter 6, but the version of the game we're playing is a rewritten fanfic by this doofus. She was his favorite character.