• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The blog doesn't have the full version of this, it's only on their Pixiv account. But Pixiv images sadly don't embed.

avs071-1.jpg

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/59513957

Wait, this image is from 2016 and it already depicts Sujata and Ashram hanging out with Beorn and Malene?
Well, okay, they ARE their substitutes. So it's not that far out to group them together. But it does make me wonder if this was a piece of fanon that Kaga liked enough to make it official. VS1 already does imply that the two of them had a daughter, so might as well be her.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Wait, this image is from 2016 and it already depicts Sujata and Ashram hanging out with Beorn and Malene?
Well, okay, they ARE their substitutes. So it's not that far out to group them together. But it does make me wonder if this was a piece of fanon that Kaga liked enough to make it official. VS1 already does imply that the two of them had a daughter, so might as well be her.

It's a possibility, certainly. Or maybe he himself realized Sujata could pass for a daughter of the folks she substituted and decided to be cheeky. Either way, Ashram was definitely incidental, since his whole character got overhauled.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

8pkEK3j.jpg

496478133785198604.webp?size=128&quality

From Tropical Freeze to this, toying around with various games I presume?

I'm plenty aware of this supposed masterpiece, though I have no interest in it myself. Here's hoping it's good for you!😃

I still feel Therenius hits different, but there's something truly special about that fact that Baruke is so incompetent that he gets his castle stolen by brigands and ends up unwittingly fighting side-by-side with Zade to retake it. And then fails miserably because all of his troops are useless.

Almost wish he'd just died there, fighting generic thieves and failing horribly. It would've been a truly unique fate for a major villain and it would've prevented a number of positively annoying writing situations.

I wonder if I should get something from the old PS3 store as well. At this rate it does seem unlikely for any of that stuff would get a more modern port... or at least on PC. Still, it'd be a bit downer if I were to get, say, Tales of Xillia, only to find it getting a PC port months later. Then again, Tales only got the bare minimum of PC ports (at least of old games), and none others have followed.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Decides to listen to SRW music while on the treadmill, sees the algorithm recommendations.*

Hide contents

WTF!😐

well, there is a hacking community of the GBA OG games. It's mainly OG2 that gets the hacks, as it were.

Still, I wonder if the dialogue hasn't been tweaked, since there's an outright Trombe mention in there. XD

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From Tropical Freeze to this, toying around with various games I presume?

Tropical Freeze i am playing with my brother, so it's more like a side game...

Even if it's making him rage lmao

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Here's hoping it's good for you!😃

Thanks

I will say

First SE game i played for more thwn an hour and didn't bounce off. I see that as an absolute positive!

_________

Steam Sale eh

Hmmm

>Elden Ring for 36

>Gunvolt 3 for 16

>Riftbreaker for 18

Hmmmmmmm

Maybe

>WitchSpring R 29

>Anonymous;Code 48

>No Star Ocean Sale

>Nayuta 32

Ehhhh

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

I am considering getting Yggdra Union and Rune Factory 3.

Also, I find it curious the Pixel Remasters aren't on sale.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's a possibility, certainly. Or maybe he himself realized Sujata could pass for a daughter of the folks she substituted and decided to be cheeky. Either way, Ashram was definitely incidental, since his whole character got overhauled.

Ashram seems to be the same as in VS1. Now Sujata is different. In VS1 she was a famed mercenary in her own right, with nickname and everything. In VS2 she is just some mysterious girl that Ashram takes care of. Although her character description was not changed to reflect that, strangely.

FViqOMaVsAAqW7M?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/Diaper_works/status/1538166460232912897

15 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Ashram seems to be the same as in VS1. Now Sujata is different. In VS1 she was a famed mercenary in her own right, with nickname and everything. In VS2 she is just some mysterious girl that Ashram takes care of. Although her character description was not changed to reflect that, strangely.

FViqOMaVsAAqW7M?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/Diaper_works/status/1538166460232912897

Well, they're both possible. I'm bad with numbers, but it's said she was travelling with Ashram for a few years, right? Like three, I'm thinking? It's enough time for her to garner a reputation, especially since she's always together with another mercenary of renown. Of course, her combat capabilities don't really reflect this, but on the other hand, it'd not be the first time Kaga's tried to pretend someone's stronger than they are in gameplay. Remember Hoelun? A lioness on the battlefield, according to Athol?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, they're both possible. I'm bad with numbers, but it's said she was travelling with Ashram for a few years, right? Like three, I'm thinking? It's enough time for her to garner a reputation, especially since she's always together with another mercenary of renown. Of course, her combat capabilities don't really reflect this, but on the other hand, it'd not be the first time Kaga's tried to pretend someone's stronger than they are in gameplay. Remember Hoelun? A lioness on the battlefield, according to Athol?

Ashram explicitly says at the start of the game that Sujata is not supposed to see any combat.

Edited by BrightBow