Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thanks Fire Emblem.

Some people say that Anime was a mistake. They are wrong, of course, as past tense implies that at some point it stopped being one.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

18 minutes ago, ping said:

Some people say that Anime was a mistake. They are wrong, of course, as past tense implies that at some point it stopped being one.

Anime will be a mistake.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, no, sorry. Super Robot Wars exists. Anime was never a mistake.

I would say Berwick Saga, but as we know, Berwick Saga is not anime according to me.

13 minutes ago, ping said:

Anime was inspired by western cartoons, so does that mean they are a mistake?

Considering the racial stereotyping in the early ones, probably.

I mean there's an argument to be made that the pedo tendencies of some anime is just as prevalent in western media. "Born sexy yesterday" is still a popular trope after all, if not as explicit as "lolis". Not to mention Twilight's famous late book mess where guy falls in love with a damn infant.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anime will be a mistake.

I would say Berwick Saga, but as we know, Berwick Saga is not anime according to me.

Wait. Is Miyazaki anime?

Because his works I would put up there as being like some of the best media ever, period.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I mean there's an argument to be made that the pedo tendencies of some anime is just as prevalent in western media. "Born sexy yesterday" is still a popular trope after all, if not as explicit as "lolis". Not to mention Twilight's famous late book mess where guy falls in love with a damn infant.

I mean, isn't the original Lolita book Western?

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Wait. Is Miyazaki anime?

Because his works I would put up there as being like some of the best media ever, period.

For a non-joke response, Anime is simply the Japanese shortening the English word "Animation". So anything animated is Anime. It's simply colloquially to refer specifically to Japanese Animation, or anything that could be compared to it.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Not to mention Twilight's famous late book mess where guy falls in love with a damn infant.

Well, clearly Twilight is Anime. Anime == Terrible == Twilight, Q.E.D.

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Wait. Is Miyazaki anime?

570.gif

(https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/anime-was-a-mistake)

(He doesn't actually say the line, but it's funny that you mention him, since it seems that the meme started as a quote misattributed to Miyazaki)

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, isn't the original Lolita book Western?

It's also written from the perspective of a literal pedophile, whom the author described as a "vain and cruel wretch", so I will very much yell at clouds about the word "loli" being used as a neutral term.

Ugh, it's raining and the cold is seeping through the wall, I swear.

There's a thunderstorm forecast for today to boot. Nevermind, just heard the thunder right now.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Still can't believe Kaga, of all people, calls you an imbecile to your face if you're racist.

Shouzou Kaga... based?

41 minutes ago, ping said:

Well, clearly Twilight is Anime. Anime == Terrible == Twilight, Q.E.D.

Ping's cracked the code, folks.

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The saying "Anime is a mistake" is one of humanity's biggest mistakes

It's okay. It's okay. You'll get there.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's okay. It's okay. You'll get there.

I mean, you don't need to go through the five steps.

Meanwhile, you still seem stuck on the first one, Ruben.

Finally got to doing the Brain Powerd finale in J, the first half of it at least. Will do the other after a little exercise.

I noticed during the battle that the Brigandi had Orgone Buster Cannon, with Festenia. Turns out it is indeed possible to acquire the upgraded J Original final attack with two of the sub-pilots in a single run, since I already have it with Katia. Will do this on the fourth run when I want both Sword and Rifle F Modes. Do I delay GC and do J fourth run first? I vacillate too much.😆

And, the Brains are definitely, fittingly, the best counter to the Grand Chers. Antibody negates Antibody, S-size negates S-size, add in the friendship Hit & Evade bonuses to finish mitigating any accuracy issues when trying to shoot the Chers down. An attack + a support attack can then sometimes ORKO the fragile little Chers, at very most they're 3RKO'ed if they don't ever dodge/counter-cut. Also very effective on the last-minute Mycenaeans, being untouchable against these means the Brains don't loathe a potential -Will or -SP attack like the supers (I had a bunch of free deployment slots, T-Blade I forgot gets stuck with Archangel on the last split) were dealing with.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

From a certain point of view. From my point of view the jed--animes are evil!

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

1. Denial: "Anime is good actually! You just don't get it!"
  2. Anger: "**** you! Stop talking trash about my waifu, you ****ing normie!"
  3. Bargaining: "OK, well, there are some Anime that are bad, but by and large..."
  4. Depression: "Oh god, I can't believe I've been watching garbage all this time!"
  5. Acceptance: "It's OK. Anime may be a mistake, but there is plenty of media that is actually good that I can interact with."

1 minute ago, ping said:
  3. Bargaining: "OK, well, there are some Anime that are bad, but by and large..."
  4. Depression: "Oh god, I can't believe I've been watching garbage all this time!"
  5. Acceptance: "It's OK. Anime may be a mistake, but there is plenty of media that is actually good that I can interact with."

Sounds like this is the entire Denial step for Anime Haters.

9 minutes ago, ping said:

6. Opposition: "I will burn down all of Japan."

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sounds like this is the entire Denial step for Anime Haters.

Reject anime, embrace Garon.

Rebellions.