Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

26 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Shannan looks just like Od, I see. That can't be coincidence. XD

I'm just happy Eldigan isn't an edgelord like Hodr appears to be.😄

They also really paid a lot of attention to Fjalar(?)/Fala/Val with the fine details and prominent placement. Very pretty, looks very strong. The flowing hair sorta serves I think as a visual reminder of her being Arvis's holy ancestor.

Baldr looks very shounen to me. Younger than some of his fellow male crusaders, with enough aggressiveness in such a way that it could suggest a juvenile's "I will defeat evil!" black & white world perspective. Not exactly the personality of either of his two brand-having male descendants, but it's such that I can visualize a Crusader-era manga putting a lot of attention on Baldr.

Heim the leader is rather understated, but there is nothing wrong with that. A calm, guiding old hand, unconcerned about personal glory and vanity, focused on the goal of continental liberation and quietly assured it will happen. Placement in the bottom-center isn't the most prominent, but one could interpret it as making him the foundation from which the other crusaders spring forth, which makes sense being their leader who is stronger than the rest.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-I'm not thinking about practical matters of fitting everyone together in a single game in the first place.😛

it's warriors
just need chaos crossover fun, and you provided that

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

1200px-FESK_Twelve_Crusaders.jpg

Pretty sure this is official, it's from the Treasure art book.

Honestly, you could've told me this was just regular artwork of a bunch of Jugdral characters and I wouldn't have batted an eye. Like, seriously, that's just Dean, Eda, Linoan, Shannan, Lewyn, Fergus and Hannibal. Even Ponytail Dude is basically just Dalsin with, well, a ponytail. In Shannan, Dean and Lewyn's case I could see it being intentional, but... damn the same face is strong with these ones lol

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, you could've told me this was just regular artwork of a bunch of Jugdral characters and I wouldn't have batted an eye. Like, seriously, that's just Dean, Eda, Linoan, Shannan, Lewyn, Fergus and Hannibal. Even Ponytail Dude is basically just Dalsin with, well, a ponytail. In Shannan, Dean and Lewyn's case I could see it being intentional, but... damn the same face is strong with these ones lol

Od's is definitely intentional. This is Mariccle's artwork:

Mariccle_(FE_Treasure).png

I guess Holy Blood really goes hard on genetics.

Or how about the fact just about every Thrud (barring Ethnia, for some reason) is silver-haired (or close to it, anyway)...

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Od's is definitely intentional. This is Mariccle's artwork:

Mariccle_(FE_Treasure).png

I guess Holy Blood really goes hard on genetics.

Or how about the fact just about every Thrud (barring Ethnia, for some reason) is silver-haired (or close to it, anyway)...

Some of it is definitely intentional, true. Still a bit silly that a dude with zero holy blood in his veins is the dead ringer of the reincarnation of the Crusaders's leader, but I guess there are only so many looks beardmen can have. Technology wasn't advanced enough for Endgame Ready Beards yet, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If it was made in the wake of FE4, they might just have reused those designs for their next project.

Kinda like how the design for Karajan was originally intended for an entirely different character.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

1200px-FESK_Twelve_Crusaders.jpg

Pretty sure this is official, it's from the Treasure art book.

Fair enough. Ullr looks more masculine up there but i suppose you couldn't tell either way. At any rate, i'd imagine an FE4 remake going with the Heroes design

latest.png?ex=65a6bc91&is=65944791&hm=1d

It wouldn't be the first time a lore character's actual gender was different from what was suggested.

20240102105303-1.jpg20240102105307-1.jpg

😁

Did the game sense that I've been timing my daily bathhouse visits to when Martin was taking a soak?🤣 (And, how he did he say this?😮 Martin is no philanderer whatsoever, so how did he expertly slide into such a 🥵 flirtation?😆)

Alas, because gender-separated baths, I don't think hot spring dates are an actual thing.♨️ -Unless they mean those two springs out in the wild areas that happen to be surrounded by monsters.

And because of that bath separation, I'm curious if this part of the exchange is different with Alice instead of Ares.

-I also finished Rune Factory 5's story.😄 Finally, on the 1st of the first Winter. Ending stuff wasn't particularly long (and the final bosses were utter jokes), but it felt sloooow. The plot was weak, generic, thin sure, the probable result of being a budget franchise and an insistence on keeping the franchise relaxed and play-at-your-own-pace. Perhaps Rune Factory as a whole suffers from a "Jack of all trades, master of none" issue. It has farming, but maybe not as intricate as a real farming sim (I don't know); it has combat, but not part with a real good action (RPG) game; it has dating sim, yet without the profound depth of characterization and narrative found in a good visual novel (or so I guess). -However, I don't mind this. Being a bunch of things (done on above-indie, below-AAA Japanese budget) is what Rune Factory is, and it's what I used to enjoy, and have enjoyed yet again.😃

Ofc I intend to continue playing the game for another ingame season or two. Will shift over to maximizing farm productivity, actually upgrading my gear, and finally wed my fictional character of choice.😉

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fair enough. Ullr looks more masculine up there but i suppose you couldn't tell either way. At any rate, i'd imagine an FE4 remake going with the Heroes design

latest.png?ex=65a6bc91&is=65944791&hm=1d

It wouldn't be the first time a lore character's actual gender was different from what was suggested.

Oh wow, poor Ulir. A near worthless Luck bonus. A comparatively terrible weapon with awful accuracy and only minor stat gains in exchange for a life regen ability that is near useless for an archer. And then even the design looks like something vomited out by an AI.

I have done it.

I have inducted a new person into the Berwick cult.

...Well, technically they'd already started when I arrived at someone else's behest, but I've been there with them throughout the run being the world's most incompetent backseater so hey!

Today I got to watch as Missival missed the firewyrm on the first desert map, procced a crit and instantly removed all 37 remaining hitpoints, and then Sylvis ignored Riddle's Arrowbane twice and nabbed herself a sweet, sweet 100 EXP. Then the player said this:

aaa.png?ex=65a6f939&is=65948439&hm=9239f

Berwick Saga has done it again.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

JjLSwEr.jpg

dy9Kpiq.jpg

Kirin go brrr

kscjEVf.jpg

Just cast unlimited Blade works?

1X6IUG1.jpg

"Sealing"

GEhXSRm.jpg
SiwlgLa.jpg

Gacha?

nbwTGEA.jpg

"Peace"

n6X0wWU.jpg

I smell asspull

khWz0Vk.jpg

wait a second...

legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-midna-

hCoXtDR.jpg

Damn, not even in game universe can escape ChatGPT

PaRLfjo.jpg

Daughterzoned

JKKDcIo.jpg

40haFUU.jpg

"Peace"

mFbCwc4.jpg

Miko are justice, or something

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

kscjEVf.jpg

Just cast unlimited Blade works?

That looks more Keyblade Graveyard.

n6X0wWU.jpg

I smell asspull

Is it at at least called Octomas?

hCoXtDR.jpg

Damn, not even in game universe can escape ChatGPT

You see ChatGPT, I see Sharon Apple.

Beware the Ghost X-9's!

PaRLfjo.jpg

Daughterzoned

Did they just copied Pulseman?

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright, as I mentioned. Gonna start a SRW V playthrough!

...Did you actually finish T though? And weren't you going to go in reverse order, so X before V?

-Not like it really matters, have fun!😆

I'd start GC, but I feel like I still need more of a break from J, and other things in the backlog yearn for my attention.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Did you actually finish T though? And weren't you going to go in reverse order, so X before V?

-Not like it really matters, have fun!😆

I'd start GC, but I feel like I still need more of a break from J, and other things in the backlog yearn for my attention.

I'll admit, I was so sure to finish T... when I only owned T. But now that I own the full VTX trilogy... I kinda now want to do it as intended. Yes, it will mean leaving my T playthrough unfinished... but, well, nothing new for me. Alas, even SRW falls victim to my procrastination and schedule shuffling.

In addition, looking over, I feel I can also play more efficiently. I once thought I would need to do three playthroughs of V in order to get everything (as one route split is three-way)... but looking over, I could just do two routes in the same playthrough. Save at the split, do one route, then reload and do the second one. It was all for the sake of Encyclopedia completion, but I'm pretty sure it all gets registered already without needing to clear the playthrough, so I can save up a full playthrough by just doing that. One of the routes of that three-split has no secrets to unlock, so nothing is lost by doing the route for Encyclopedia purposes, then reload and take another route. Unless somehow I'd need to play to the end after doing one route because only X thing shows up like 10 maps after I take it, but if that were the case... well, I guess I could live with it.

And of course, removing a playthrough means also changing the order I'd play the games so I wouldn't do the same game back-to-back as I fill up the Encyclopedia. So yeah.

But yeah, either way, I'll be having fun nonetheless!

Come on, man, don't delay GC any further!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I'd say this: I doubt I'm gonna do the full narratives as I was doing with T, hahaha. They were too much to write about for how little attention they got, so in the end, they weren't that much worth it. I know this place ain't exactly SRW friendly.

Will still comment on things, but gonna be more brief.

Alright, first stage!

Zero-In is an interesting translation choice for Concentration.

I went with Chitose for this first playthrough. I'll be aiming for the standard ending, as it were.