• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

She simps for MC-kun the whole game xD

Is that a bad thing in the case of the love interest? 

Its not like CS cast. Lmao

7 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Is that a bad thing in the case of the love interest? 

Its not like CS cast. Lmao

Well, it's not as bad as CS, but the way she kept sending money through messages was pretty funny.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Well, it's not as bad as CS, but the way she kept sending money through messages was pretty funny.

That's really need that bad. Its not "Rean, I cant breathe without you around!" Lmao

Edited by Lightcosmo

5 hours ago, ping said:

Not to be confrontational, but it can be very grating to see somebody complain about a game they apparently haven't played, if you're a fan of said game yourself. I personally bounced off of P3 because of the uncontrollable party members after coming from P4, too, but I'm not going to tell somebody who enjoys that aspect of the game that they're wrong.

I mean these are criticisms I've seen around people who have played the game. I just don't think "no you're supposed to think it's bad" is a good counterargument, even if you disagree with the take itself.

A few weeks ago, one of the memes I uploaded to r/shitpostemblem, I had someone in the comments saying that FE4 maps being tedious slogs is good actually because "it's supposed to be like that" and "you feel what the characters feel crossing them". Basically every critique of the game's format you could think of basically amounted to "that's not a bug, that's a feature".

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Except 3

Y'all probably know which 3 i am talking about 😛

Those 3 i find myself appreciating more actually, despite their flaws

Engage, Fates and..... what's the third one?

*Flips the page*

Oh.

It isn't even her money. She just sends her letter alongside whatever Reese's dad can afford to send to him.

The sword is her's, though.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

speaking about Simpette...is Berwick Reverse Recruitment a thing?

I imagine the way recruitments are handled would make this rather complicated.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

speaking about Simpette...is Berwick Reverse Recruitment a thing?

I wanted this too, actually. Lol

37 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

well, tbf, when i am playing RR i am not exactly looking for balance, but some dumb fun xD

How much would it really affect though? Most BS characters are available very early.🤔

-Although besides the young lady Gotoh, the one other radical change would be Ward <-> Paramythis. I don't need to play to that point to realize how a healing, base Pursuit, horse rider would possibly be quite powerful.

Berwick Saga with Paramythis available right from the start would most certainly be a funny game.

Light Cavalry / Light Infantry. Pretty much the best movement type for mounted and dismounted and yet she still has bulk on the level of a heavy knight unit. Except unlike heavy cavalry, she is not lacking in magical resistance either. And she can even use accessories for even more power and flexibility.

Pursuit gives her the potential to dish out crazy amounts of damage. Even when she gets hit, she will be able to retaliate. Though chances are she won't get hit at all, because she is lightning fast and her avoid is boosted even further with Lurk. So she is able to dish out a lot of counter attacks.
It builds up her sword rank super fast. Her mediocre base rank is the closest thing she has to a weakness in the vanilla game. If she were around for longer, she would hit those caps fast and be able to take full advantage of Pursuit with just about any possible sword.

And she can heal, I suppose. Even automatically reequips her weapon, so she can go right back to kicking ass. Because Paramythis can not only do everything, she also excels at everything.

EY9SwBDVAAEdPRe?format=png&name=large

https://twitter.com/mcc_msbt/status/1265321107659255809

On 1/25/2024 at 5:28 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey if you didn't get your fill of pointless quizzes with that test I shared before. How about the hard mode?

https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/109531/every-fire-emblem-character

All FE playable characters, plus the weirder ones like postgame characters, temporary joiners and capturable bosses. And Heroes. Now that's the real hard mode.

quiz.png?ex=65c553a5&is=65b2dea5&hm=72f9

Worse percentage than the first time around, funnily enough. I did better in all the mainline games, and stuff like postgame, trial map and extra chapter characters boosted my score a ton, but Heroes really hurt me. I didn't even get Veronica lol

Been a while but i had a go at it

Opera_Snapshot_2024-01-31_231224_www.jet

Most of it was me not knowing capturables and trial map characters. Also Jugdral is a huge blindspot for me, especially Thracia cause i didn't beat that game lol.

On the flip side, i got a solid chunk of Heroes, TMS and the three Warriors 1 characters. 

The trick was to remember recruitment order but some did get me still like most of Archanea's cast. I also blanked on some 3H characters haha oops.

Episode 43

Spoiler

But first-

GRWJD9-2024-01-31-19-46-42.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-31-19-47-41.png

...Have I been ignoring the true mobile suit this entire time?🤔

As for the episode-

• The White Base Corps approaches the Earth, Quattro has Bright call everyone called to the bridge.
    • Akimi and Fairey attempt to persuade S&S again, Akimi says the two don't have to fight with them, Fairey asks Akimi to head for the briefing and let her talk alone to her fellow Gadiswordians. Sieg hears Fairey's plea, trusts her, but decides that for now, they're just going to watch the heroes' battles.
    • Akimi bumps into Sayla and Chris en route to the briefing, expresses optimism about S&S.
  • As for the briefing itself, Bright reconfirms, barring tiny squads the Federation can deal with, all present threats to Earth have been eliminated. Now is time to head back to the Seal of Grados and use it head to outer space. The Seal shall emerge from the Earth, head into orbit, the Gandor shall grab the White Base, Super Soul Saber shall then resonate with the Seal to open their open dimensional gate. It's pressure on Akimi for sure.
    • On the deck and the mess hall, an assortment of other character discuss their next mission, the Seal, how the enemy got through with C.U.B.E., Gadisword, and Eiji says he'll head to Cusco to meet with his sister who is heading there right now. He does and with Julia's prayer, the Seal begins to emerge.
  • Meanwhile, Shapiro has gathered all the forces left to him, he lashes out on his soldiers and tells them they're heading to battle. Alone, with voiced lines, Shapiro vows that after Earth, he'll destroy Zarbados as vengeance for abandoning him, and he bursts into maniacal laughter again.
  • Showing the battlefield now, the Seal of Grados is below the two deployed battleships. A reflective green cylinder, Amuro says its the size of a space colony, and ponders what its propulsion system is. Four Salamis Kais show up to support the White Base Corps (now the good guys are saying it) as they prepare for the warp. They're stationary decorative NPCs I neither need to keep alive nor get anything from doing so in the coming battle.
    • One of the Gale members ask if they can choose their warp destination, Fairey says to an extent, with data on the location, Prince Mito's lady retainer has already submitted the data for Edon, which is friendly territory after all.
  • Unidentified heat sources approach, probably just remnants. It's Shapiro
Spoiler

GRWJD9-2024-01-31-20-02-44.png

YOU'RE ALIVE!😠

-I KNEW THIS MIGHT HAPPEN!🤦‍♂️

Well, he said he'd return, and he has. 

If Layzner ever returns to SRW. I want CandyCaine to have another totally random last-minute return. Like, have him wake up in an allied battleship's morgue, weeks after he "died", and somehow his Zakarl is in the hangar, perfectly intact. Don't explain it, just absurdism.

Thankfully, the Demon Death Squad is still dead. Le Caine has naught but himself, one battleship, and two groups (one being reinforcements in the southeast) of Terminator Police. Eiji with a crit OHKOs those puny things with a Lasered Rifle shot, and with 13 Move with Accel applied and the Melee Ace Bonus, 15 once V-Maximum activates, he's able to almost on his own wipe out both waves. Le Caine himself is not killed by Eiji, a lack of Strike on him and Le Caine's V-MAX Red makes Eiji a bad choice for fighting his personal enemy. I use a few Supers for that, and then save the battleship for last.

• Anywho, Le Caine is delusional as almost always. He'll get inside the Seal, steal Julia and return to Grados. "Have a taste of the power of those who fight in deadly desperation!" is his battle cry. Words that he could've said just as meaningfully in J.
    • At some point, Eiji asks why he won't stand down, Le Fluffy Hair says he stands for his ideals and has waited with his remaining forces for this day. He and his soldiers are still racists towards Earthlings.
  • With his defeat, Le Caine says he'll destroy the Seal then, Eiji won't allow it. -But before Eiji can confront him, first he and then Le Caine get dragged inside the Seal of Grados.
    • Julia is inside, says to Le Caine his battle is over. Le Caine orders her to lift the Seal and threatens to shoot her. Eiji has nothing to fear, because Julia says it's impossible to exert any power inside the Seal. Le Caine takes up Julia's challenge and says he'll fulfill his father's last request (kill Julia for having seen the act of patricide), but indeed his energy is sapped by the seal, no weapons can be used here.
    • Eiji spends the rest of the battle off the map, nobody comments on this.
  • After the battle (yes I'm skipping ahead), Le Caine and Eiji are still antagonistic inside the Seal. Julia says "that's enough" to her brother says she has something she must do with Le Caine and the remaining Gradosians. She commands the Seal of Grados expel Eiji. His two friends ask if he's okay, he says it's nothing, they prepare for what's coming.
  • After more post-battle stuff, Julia says she'll use the power of the Seal again, and reminds them to focus on fighting to end conflict. She speaks with her brother one more time, as one half-Earthling and half-Gradosian, go, bring peace for the Gradosians. She then prays inside the Seal, telling her ancestors she has sent a "messenger of hope".
  • Now Julia is alone with Le Caine, the crazy man has calmed down, being trapped alone in a place where his anger does nothing. She says she will pray for him now, he thanks her.
    • What Julia intends to do with Le Caine now, I don't know. But it seems Layzner OVA-ending-ish, Caine seems rational now and Julia will be with him.

Meanwhile, two or three turns into the battle...

• Shapiro shows up in the southwest, the CBF comment about his appearance here. He summons another round of Muge grunts to the northwest. Pretty much a non-threat though. He does have a boss convo with Dancouga, Sara insists she'll kill him, he insists he's a god.
  • When I remove about 30k of his now 60k HP, Shapiro heals it all off. This was his godhood? Pffffff!😝 
  • Smashed with ease, Shapiro is astonished by defeat, but starts laughing again. Voice-acting rolls in -Let the heavens crumble! Let the universe once again hide in the world of darkness. This newborn god casts the universe into darkness as his judgment, he bids the universe lay itself at his feet. A fit of laughter followed by complaints of why the universe does not obey divinity's commands as Desire explodes, solipsistic to the end. Sara and Shinobu make a quick comment.
  • Battle is over, the Federation sends in a reinforcement, a hospital ship, they'll rescue anyone who needs rescuing here. Fraw asks to that everyone be rescued, ally or enemy, the Federation officer politely and eagerly obeys. The generic gives their best wishes to White Base Corps before they head off to fight in outer space.
  • Fairey prepares a simulator to analyze the extradimensional gate and open it. Akimi can't do much, but she is needed to control it and gets to that.
  • Sally is shown in the White Base infirmary. Her wound mentioned earlier to Sieg is patched up. A few little girls including Puru pass through, Sally can't believe kids on this ship, one gal (Daltanious in origin I think) says they tried getting them off, but this is their home, where the family who happen to be pilots is.
    • Back with Sieg, Sally thinks after her little friendly experience that there is something wrong with this ship. Sieg is in agreement, the Gale and Pentagonans had come by to their room along with others, asking about Gadisword. Everyone treats them like comrades. Having witnessed the battle that unfolded, they realize the White Base Corps is very strong for as few as they are, and have been fighting this way for a long while. -They're slowly converting to allies.
    • The four Edonians also look forward to returning to Edon, in a very brief scene.
  • On the Gandor bridge, the Gandor's claws grab the White Base, Julia does her thing with the Seal, Akimi and Fairey use the C.U.B.E. Drive to create a spatial anomaly around the Gandor, the gate opens according to predictions and the heroes are off!

Going beyond the Solar System once more.😄