Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

18 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And this is why Roland is the best of the lot. He's actually balanced and rewarding to use correctly.

I bristled at the idea of handing him over to Aesfrost, but Benedict advised it

• Replies 179.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

22 hours ago, Armagon said:

How do you even do the first phase on foot?

You can stand at the edge of the cliff and apparantly can reach it lol

edit: I don't know, I've done it that way since I can remember. So all I can assure you is that it works.

Edited by Lightcosmo

1 hour ago, Capt. Fargus said:

I bristled at the idea of handing him over to Aesfrost, but Benedict advised it

Wait, against it? Benedict's very much in favor of giving Roland's ass up to Gustadolph.

Less than 2 weeks for Freedom Planet 2 on Switch. Maybe the Vestaria Saga 1 overhaul will be published around that time too.

So much good stuff coming out this year.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127700/Reverse_Collapse_Code_Name_Bakery/

Looks interesting, came out at the right time for me too as i am finishing UO atm

(Low reviews are due to one of the most insane and hilarilus fandom dramas i've ever witnessed xxD)

Hmmmm

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Oh, hey, I can terraform planets now. Well, those that don't need an additional step for it, like Detox. Seriously, I've found lots of Detox-required terraform-able planets...

Oh, nevermind, still need another technology to actually do it. But I can click on the button at least, pft.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127700/Reverse_Collapse_Code_Name_Bakery/

Looks interesting, came out at the right time for me too as i am finishing UO atm

(Low reviews are due to one of the most insane and hilarilus fandom dramas i've ever witnessed xxD)

Hmmmm

Oh, fucking Christ, I think I know this. The single most unpleasant person I've met on this forum was a big fan of this and this other gacha called Girls Frontline. Would not stop cluttering my threads with shit about them.

...I think it's this, at least. Maybe it's just a different generic gacha-esque strategy game set in a snowy world with anime girls wielding guns and tanks.

(Also I don't know about the "fandom drama" part but the negative reviews seem to be perfectly reasonable and elaborate while half the positive ones are one-liners whining about the drama, so uh...)

Oh wait there's only like, four reviews in English.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, against it? Benedict's very much in favor of giving Roland's ass up to Gustadolph.

Yup, and that’s what I did. 

I wanted to fight them invading bastards but I remembered one of the tips you gave me. Always listen to Benedict 

Just now, Capt. Fargus said:

Yup, and that’s what I did. 

I wanted to fight them invading bastards but I remembered one of the tips you gave me. Always listen to Benedict 

Ahhh, when you said "bristled" you meant you were initially against it... Right, sorry. Non-native speaker moment lol

Anyway, don't get me wrong, that wasn't as much a tip as it was my biased ass sponsoring my guy. There's like, only one place in the game where you can get a story game over and it isn't unavoidable if you take the path where it's at. I just think Benedict makes the most sense most of the time, but that's just me, you do what your heart tells you to do!

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

think it's this, at least

I think so, too. It just popped in my feed a while ago and have been keeping my eye on it lol

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh wait there's only like, four reviews in English.

Ye lol. Waiting for more

Well that was Ian Fleming’s James Bond series, overall pretty damn good. Anyway what have I missed?

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, fucking Christ, I think I know this. The single most unpleasant person I've met on this forum was a big fan of this and this other gacha called Girls Frontline. Would not stop cluttering my threads with shit about them.

…But I don’t like gacha games.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhh, when you said "bristled" you meant you were initially against it... Right, sorry. Non-native speaker moment lol

Anyway, don't get me wrong, that wasn't as much a tip as it was my biased ass sponsoring my guy. There's like, only one place in the game where you can get a story game over and it isn't unavoidable if you take the path where it's at. I just think Benedict makes the most sense most of the time, but that's just me, you do what your heart tells you to do!

No worries. As trucker wisdom dictates, best to follow the advice of those walked the path before you, at least the first time

Vengeance is mine sayeth Serenoa, and that biotch Avlora’s time is comin. The King and the Dawnspear shall not go unavenged 😎

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I think so, too. It just popped in my feed a while ago and have been keeping my eye on it lol

This one's too recent to be the same one I'm talking about, I'm realizing, but considering it appears to be a franchise and people are talking about Girls Frontline in the reviews... yeah, that one arsehole was probably pestering me about an earlier instalment of this same series.

Which, I won't lie, is enough for me. I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole. You tell me how you feel about it, it you grab it.

1 minute ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

…But I don’t like gacha games.

Settle down, Wraith, you're not that bad. On the contrary, your brand of performatory elitism is, if anything, rather endearing. And at least you keep the links to one or two per post - this one bastard spammed so many reddit links to lame gacha memes only he found funny that my (totally unrelated) Berwick thread started to have serious difficulties loading. And he was a dick, on top of all that.

No worries. As trucker wisdom dictates, best to follow the advice of those walked the path before you, at least the first time

Vengeance is mine sayeth Serenoa, and that biotch Avlora’s time is comin. The King and the Dawnspear shall not go unavenged 😎

Try your level best.

Is FE Heroes one of those? 🤔

Yeah, gacha's what they call Heroes's genre of games where you gamble for characters, resources and/or other variables you need in gameplay.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, gacha's what they call Heroes's genre of games where you gamble for characters, resources and/or other variables you need in gameplay.

Damn. I wanted to try that too, but not if I can’t finish it. 

Like old pay telephones used to be, the operator would tell you “please deposit 75 cents for the next 3 minutes”. Nah, I aint playin a game that goes like that

8 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Damn. I wanted to try that too, but not if I can’t finish it. 

Like old pay telephones used to be, the operator would tell you “please deposit 75 cents for the next 3 minutes”. Nah, I aint playin a game that goes like that

You can play it without spending money, but it becomes more and more tedious and grindy to "encourage" you to pay. Also, there's no finishing it - these games operate on a system where they have to keep adding content to get more money out of people, until the servers become unprofitable to maintain, at which point the game just ceases to exist.

Awful, awful system.

48 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Is FE Heroes one of those? 🤔

I played it for a couple of months when it first came out and then stopped shortly thereafter.

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Settle down, Wraith, you're not that bad. On the contrary, your brand of performatory elitism is, if anything, rather endearing. And at least you keep the links to one or two per post - this one bastard spammed so many reddit links to lame gacha memes only he found funny that my (totally unrelated) Berwick thread started to have serious difficulties loading. And he was a dick, on top of all that.

Thanks?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On the contrary, your brand of performatory elitism is, if anything, rather endearing. And at least you keep the links to one or two per post - this one bastard spammed so many reddit links to lame gacha memes only he found funny that my (totally unrelated) Berwick thread started to have serious difficulties loading. And he was a dick, on top of all that.

Damn. I need to step up my game.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can play it without spending money, but it becomes more and more tedious and grindy to "encourage" you to pay. Also, there's no finishing it - these games operate on a system where they have to keep adding content to get more money out of people, until the servers become unprofitable to maintain, at which point the game just ceases to exist.

Awful, awful system.

>Series with 600+ characters

>Picks the same 100 to get money. 

>Make a dozen of them meta and render everyone else useless

>Make an anti meta unit to render meta useless.

Rinse repeat.

Did they really give every single monster a unique line of dialogue? More text than I thought for Ys II. Though I don't mind this silly endeavor.😄 Stopped before the third boss, hopefully I'm already over the level curve point for standing a chance at killing it.

Ys II also numbed me from how I was feeling last night (I fell into "the music trap" to try alleviating it, as I have before) and now this afternoon. A certain... emptiness? Soul-starvation to put it more dramatically?😮‍💨 I thought it was interesting how Rune Factory 5 had Ludmila state that succubi have a "second stomach", so to speak. If you threw her in 24/7 solitary confinement, and fed her a nutritious three-course meal five times every day, she would still eventually literally starve to death if denied any human contact. (Doesn't have to be love, any positive interactions will do.) Do I be an incubi in human guise? Ramming into everything evil (or maybe not so evil given the aforementioned dialogue) as Adol, such a simple breezy thing, makes this feeling recede.

And with Arma done with UO and Shrimpy about to finish ...should I even start it now? I feel stupid for ruining the neat idea of three SFer simulplay.🙁 Do I begin it... tomorrow, or Tuesday? Or do I not, delaying it until who knows when, and maybe finally get to XC3 instead? Indecisiveness strikes again.😑

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

FUCKING GREEN UNITS

WHAT THE FUCK

THEY LET HIM HEAL ALL THE DAMAGE I DEALT TO HIM LMAO

REEEEEE

LMAOOOOOOOOOO

this didn't happen to me cause they all died.