• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Legend of Link.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

Shit that's good.

It took 20 main line demos, they really were looking to figure it all out.

GQYxr8_WkAAdfOJ.png?ex=66737f40&is=66722

On 6/17/2024 at 9:37 AM, Codename Shrimp said:

Funny enough i actually do enjoy watching murican handegg - it's a very tactical game - but the amount of ads makes it completely unwatchable

Not a big sports baller fan in general, but I agree, especially when they get to the point of really trying to play with the clock.

On 6/17/2024 at 11:01 AM, Dayni said:

Oh shit, I may have used the wrong word there, I was on about reality and how the idol industry is full of manipulative shit on the performers.

It made sense in context, but was a very funny typo considering the forum.

19 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm linking this because there's a lot of tea from the translation scene from the old days. The reddit thread's got plenty too, sip and be happy that this stuff is the past.

That was a fun little blast from the past, even seeing some screenshots from the old Genealogy translation with Eltosian in it...

Also, I am a bit late with this, but:

Welcome Back Dayni !

13 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Mario & LUIGI????

I guess the Paper Mario remake sparked a bit of a fire under them, reminded them that Mario has always had a surprisingly strong history in RPGs, even if they forgot about them for a few years. A new Mario and Luigi RPG is a hype reveal.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've never played a game in the SaGa franchise, but I know they're an acquired taste. Both in story structuring and gameplay alike.

The only SaGa game I played was before they were even calling them that over here. It was actually one of my first RPGs, called Final Fantasy Legends II in English (also arguably my first Final Fantasy game 😛 ), but alas little kid me got stuck on the final form of the final boss...

10 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I've always liked The Legend of Zelda conceptually so I'm glad it's finally getting its own game after so long as opposed to all those tech demos about some green twink we've gotten over the years.

Lol, giving the Legend of Zelda games the lambasting they rather deserved with that name.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

There'd likely be a bow regardless, just a feeling.

Seeing as her launching Light Arrows in the final fights having become a bit of thing throughout the series, that seems likely. I am with you in thinking a more magic and archery focused play-style would fit her rather well.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Still, I think Mochtroids are similar enough to Metroids that them still existing would be a big deal, even if they are bootlegs. Or Sylux traveled to the Kid Icarus universe and got Komaytos.

I am looking forward to some convoluted scan-able research entries to justify them being here.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

They resisted the temptation to revive Ridley again in Dread, but will he come back in this game? Or maybe Meta Kraid will no longer be cut content.

Honestly, I hope Kraid does finally make a debut into the Prime games. Poor guy is an iconic part of 2D Metroid that has been shafted far too much by the Prime games, even after meching up his counterpart.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Fairy-tail-featured-image-Cropped-1.jpg

edens-zero-header.png

Seeing them side-by-side like that is a little surreal...

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

GQYxr8_WkAAdfOJ.png?ex=66737f40&is=66722

GQYPssTXQAEMnqL?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/kurdupl/status/1803146073738723744

54 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I guess the Paper Mario remake sparked a bit of a fire under them, reminded them that Mario has always had a surprisingly strong history in RPGs, even if they forgot about them for a few years.

I mean these were presumably being worked on at the same time.

57 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Seeing them side-by-side like that is a little surreal...

To be clear, i do enjoy Fairy Tail despite it's issues. But damn Hiro Mashima really just knows how to draw one guy lol.

The most interesting part of Fairy Tail is that compared to most contemporary battle shounen, Fairy Tail actually makes it's female cast relevant. Most female characters end up having their own arcs, to the point that you could even argue the main character isn't the traditional meathead shounen brawler but the tactical summoner lady.

Trowa-Gag.png

Scenario 52:

Spoiler

Papillon retrieves the Kumi Jefferson fortuneteller from Orgun who has been alluded linked to as linked to Lady Mhiku of the Evoluted. Tomoru has a nightmare where Commandant Gwenchaos Zoa tries convincing Tomoru/Orgun to rejoin the Evoluted, though he rejects it.

Then comes talk of why the Evoluted are gathering near Venus as mentioned at the end of the last scenario. Inez explains the tablet her younger self gave her during the Prince of Darkness finale was from the ancient Martians to help locate the 11th Sol Master, which is deduced to be the Matter restoration device itself. This tablet gets be read by GoLion once Mamoru & Kaido plus the GoLion Five touch Golion, and it turns out the deity within is actually the Nemean Afterlife Gathering Archive a Leo Civilization databank containing the minds and souls of everyone from the Leo Civilization including those in this universe. The Solar (also called "Frontier Civilization" by Regulate) cooperated with the Leo Civilization against the Sol Masters, and even gave the power to Boson Jump to GoLion as seen at during the Space Wolf episode. "Raimon", merely a single familiar soul of the entire aggregate in GoLion communicating the message, relays what the 11th Sol Master is to the heroes via the Martian tablet.

...What I don't get is Pisa Sol the 11th Sol Master/matter regeneration device is THE Sun? Or just a sun? How would somebody not notice an extra sun in the Solar System?🤔 Regulate also relays she knows neither the location of the Database's main base (IDK who she didn't get that information), nor the true plans of the Sol Masters b/c Inference only wanted to record them. Aria also predicts the Database will show up, because they'll be wanting to record stuff. Regardless, it's immediately off to Venus, which is unusual for SRW, though understandable because there isn't a whole lot going inward past Earth and getting too close to the Sun is kinda dangerous will this change with Witch from Mercury?.

The battle itself... the infinite Evoluted peons adds gameplay drama to the map. The Sol Masters don't number 11, but they are a big bunch of beefy units... though actually rather weak individually. And the Pia Decem Plus got distracted for quite a while fighting the Evoluted instead. Turns out I was mistaken too, while the Valzacard has a massive MAP area, you only get to select a 3x3 area of it.😅 Still, low Will requirement, 5000 power, quite good.

Applicant does show up as expected, helping out the Sol Masters despite the two factions now being at war. And he states that the Recorders are done recording the Earthlings, so they can all die. -Though on making his Arm Stora Finis retreat (I had Guy distract him to keep his Double Action & MAP away from everyone else until all the Sol Masters were defeated), he corrects himself and says it's almost complete. Gotta drain Kaname's brain of knowledge first. ...And it sounds so dang weird that Full Metal Panic! is the last Real license left unresolved. Applicant abandons any notion that he is Blessfield Ardygun at this point as well. 

Also, backing up:

Male-Aria-Revealed-3.png

There it is! The Dispers are old robots. Deceivers, the perfect emotionless soldiers (App calls Aria a failure, Kazuma tells her not to listen to that BS), were created only now with Aria's data mixed with Solar System technology.

Hearing that this was originally going to be the portrait for a Male Aria, a Mal-aria😛, I totally see it. And because I see it, I don't think it looks all that good for an personality-free perfect robot.😆 Lamia worked for that role. This guy's portrait projects edge, or perhaps vulnerability.

Like, I don't see Malaria having the exact same personality as Aria. She was an immature brat who was obsessed with reuniting with her sisters, she desired sisterhood. With Malaria, would the desire for sisters work so well, himself being male?🤔 I would probably phrase Malaria's desire as that for family in general, as something to ease his longstanding loneliness. He would refer to Applicant as "Father" not "Daddy" as Aria does. I would likewise expect something of a roguish, hushed tone to his voice? A nonliteral street urchin doing what jobs they can under demanding masters, afraid of being left homeless. ...But I'm reading too much into a single portrait of a scrapped idea, aren't I?🤣

-Back to the battle itself, after destroying enough enemies post-Database & Evoluted arrival, allied reinforcements come in. I knew Rapier would return here with the last secret completed. Just secretly resting through her wounds and deteriorating Tekkaman conditions the entirety of part two, until the time came to save her brother and get Shinya's Tek Crystal, which has given Takaya a new lease on life. (Rapier seems unremarkable in stats in this game, though she does have Repair in W, unlike J IIRC. ...And her Double Voltekka with her bro is 7000 power, almost the same as Final Dynamic Special, so she still hits very hard.😄) Kira mentioned Canard saved him from GENESIS, so if I had recruited him instead, he'd be taking Rapier's spot here. What a shame NG+ won't let me have both as V I'm guessing would've.

And, Yurika is back in action!😁 TWO Nadesicos at once!🤩 W SRW indeedy!...Though it's actually Lapis's Eucharis with the exterior overhauled by Nergal b/c Yurika refuses to captain anything except a Nadesico. Lapis get relegated to Yurika's sub-pilot, and while the Nadesico (Y-Unit) doesn't have the Repair & Resupply of the Eucharis or stats as high as the Nadesico C, I don't care. This is awesome!✌️

...Not cool is the Sol Masters having regeneration hax and forcing the heroes to Boson Jump to wherever Pisa Sol is with Yurika's help while the crippled Guy stays behind surrounded by Evoluted. I'm sure Guy can shake off some villainous nanomachines with more hot blood/bravery/heroism, though maybe you should give him a hand if you can hear me, Prince of Absence.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hopefully. Though I wonder if they might use Tekkaman II right out of the gate next, instead of incorporating both parts.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Heck, the 10 year time skip means they could pull a T/30 and have D-Boy as another "veteran".

I'd be fine if they did that. ...Although given Tekkaman Blade only showed up twice, and I'm the odd one only playing through both a decade & half after the last appearance of Blade, using just Blade 1 again would be not without reason. ...But then why squander the rare license reacquisition and do the same as before?😀 It's not like D-Boy would be absent. Even if Rapier from canonically died in Blade 1, Gale in 64 and GC/XO is proof that Banpresto could still bring her in for an extra unit if it was desired or do something different and bring back Evil instead, let him survive.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

the Nemean Afterlife Gathering Archive 

Okay, that's a good one, heh.

...What I don't get is Pisa Sol the 11th Sol Master/matter regeneration device is THE Sun? Or just a sun? How would somebody not notice an extra sun in the Solar System?🤔

Well, often Jupiter is considered to be a Failed Star... not that it's the actual answer, haha.

will this change with Witch from Mercury?.

You know, despite it airing over here, they kinda stopped, and I don't think we reached the end. Of what I saw... no actual trip to Mercury. Perhaps it happens later on, but they haven't aired the series in a while already! Geez, why stop without finishing it...

...And it sounds so dang weird that Full Metal Panic! is the last Real license left unresolved.

Well, it makes sense when you consider the whole concept of the Whispered, and that the OG enemy faction are archivists...

Also, backing up:

Male-Aria-Revealed-3.png

There it is! The Dispers are old robots. Deceivers, the perfect emotionless soldiers (App calls Aria a failure, Kazuma tells her not to listen to that BS), were created only now with Aria's data mixed with Solar System technology.

Hearing that this was originally going to be the portrait for a Male Aria, a Mal-aria😛, I totally see it. And because I see it, I don't think it looks all that good for an personality-free perfect robot.😆 Lamia worked for that role. This guy's portrait projects edge, or perhaps vulnerability.

Like, I don't see Malaria having the exact same personality as Aria. She was an immature brat who was obsessed with reuniting with her sisters, she desired sisterhood. With Malaria, would the desire for sisters work so well, himself being male?🤔 I would probably phrase Malaria's desire as that for family in general, as something to ease his longstanding loneliness. He would refer to Applicant as "Father" not "Daddy" as Aria does. I would likewise expect something of a roguish, hushed tone to his voice? A nonliteral street urchin doing what jobs they can under demanding masters, afraid of being left homeless. ...But I'm reading too much into a single portrait of a scrapped idea, aren't I?🤣

Ah, okay. It was these guys, not the Despair units. Guess I got the names mixed up. Yeah, I don't think his name would've still been Aria. XD

Maybe it's the eyes and frown? Or it could work if you compare a possible personality to Kazuma's?

Well, not bad guesses either way, heh. But yeah, I don't think there's any information regarding that. Or even about the personality or even design (maybe?) of Kazuma's female counterpart for that matter.

Kira mentioned Canard saved him from GENESIS, so if I had recruited him instead, he'd be taking Rapier's spot here. What a shame NG+ won't let me have both as V I'm guessing would've.

It certainly sucks, isn't it. When secrets are exclusive. Specially when it's characters.

And, Yurika is back in action!😁 TWO Nadesicos at once!🤩 W SRW indeedy!...Though it's actually Lapis's Eucharis with the exterior overhauled by Nergal b/c Yurika refuses to captain anything except a Nadesico. Lapis get relegated to Yurika's sub-pilot, and while the Nadesico (Y-Unit) doesn't have the Repair & Resupply of the Eucharis or stats as high as the Nadesico C, I don't care. This is awesome!✌️

Enjoy it, since this is the only time the "original" Nadesico is playable in PoD. This is unique to SRW W, since it has both parts. When PoD is alone, Yurika instead become a sub-pilot of the Nadesico C once the Martian Successors are dealt with. Or at least she does in V and T. Can't speak of MX. On that subject, Lapis does not show up in VTX. She and the Eucharis, from a story standpoint, were basically a way for Akito to have a mobile homebase. I guess it wasn't considered necessary for VTX. T specially has Akito actually join before the PoD finale, but Akito stays in the Arcadia, not the Nadesico. Precisely to avoid dealing with them, I guess.

though maybe you should give him a hand if you can hear me, Prince of Absence.

W certainly is delaying his comeback, huh.

I'd be fine if they did that. ...Although given Tekkaman Blade only showed up twice, and I'm the odd one only playing through both a decade & half after the last appearance of Blade, using just Blade 1 again would be not without reason. ...But then why squander the rare license reacquisition and do the same as before?😀 It's not like D-Boy would be absent. Even if Rapier from canonically died in Blade 1, Gale in 64 and GC/XO is proof that Banpresto could still bring her in for an extra unit if it was desired or do something different and bring back Evil instead, let him survive.

True. Usually after a point SRW tends to use mostly the sequel works over their originals, but it's not unheard of they go back to the latter every now and then. Like Nadesico in BX, despite it now being Prince of Darkness what shows up always as of late when it's used. So it can go either way, yes.

I suppose they can indeed do that. It doesn't happen often, but at least it has happened at all.

43 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, that's a good one, heh.

You told me I hadn't made a Naga reference. When the time came, I had to figure out how to slip one in.😛

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it makes sense when you consider the whole concept of the Whispered, and that the OG enemy faction are archivists...

When I look at an Arm Slave, when I look at Mithril, when I think of things Sosuke goes through on-foot, FMP is totally grounded and should've finished in W sooner. -But the Whispered elevate the series above its grounded appearance, in a way the Lambda Driver doesn't. A quirky disconnect there.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Enjoy it, since this is the only time the "original" Nadesico is playable in PoD.

And I'm surprised that I never fought the replica Nadesico the Martian Successors were shown running off with (unless the heroes destroyed it on a route split I didn't pick).

I could indeed tell this had to be one wickedly weird setup, W Nadesicos!😄 Should've let me synchronize the Phase Transition Cannons of Y-Unit and C, behold the Singularity Collapse Blast!

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On that subject, Lapis does not show up in VTX. She and the Eucharis, from a story standpoint, were basically a way for Akito to have a mobile homebase. I guess it wasn't considered necessary for VTX.

Lapis does feel unnecessary. Like, why did Nergal even create her? Ruri they "bought", but wouldn't you have thunk they'd stop getting into what seems kinda inhuman?

For SRW, I could see Akito being reassigned to a freelance, no-questions group that operates in space. One that'd take him in, not ask about his past, and in exchange for maybe some Nergal funding/supplies, let him launch & resupply from their vessel whenever he wanted.

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

T specially has Akito actually join before the PoD finale, but Akito stays in the Arcadia, not the Nadesico. Precisely to avoid dealing with them, I guess.

Well it's attempting to have one's cake (Akito having better playability) & eat it (keeping Akito's plot social isolation) too, so I give Banpresto points for trying

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

W certainly is delaying his comeback, huh.

He better have Thrudgelmir-like stats for returning so dang late. ...Except he won't.😑

I'm feeling like A(Portable) would be Akito's best game from what I've played. J runs into a Gai problem, if you don't get him back, Akito is forever weak. If you do get Gai back... there's not that much game left! Even less if you don't want to do the Brain finale. The Buttercups/Three Angels outshine Akito in J, since they never lose their combination attacks and are around like him for the entire game. A(P) does require you go into space to save Gai, but then he'll never miss out on anything and the two can Double Gekigan Flare all game long.

8 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I look forward to seeing his dad, Bern Winner.

I think Verity Gavèlle is an improvement though, Justine Courtney always felt on-the-nose even by AA standards.

Verity Gavèlle is fantastic. Definitely the biggest upgrade of the ones we know so far. Suits her so much better.

I wasn't super convinced by Fender, but it works better as a whole. Eddie Fender. Lowkey kinda badass, it suits him.

All in all I look forward to seeing more. It's not like I loved all the old fan names. John Marsh was oddly mundane and the whole "Kennedy and his murderer" parallel with Dogen was just plain weird.

...Eustace fucking Winner though. What kind of parent would give their child a name like oh wait right.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Black 2/White 2: Somehow, Ghetsis returned

Miles Edgeworth gives his condolences to Jugdral fans

284.jpg

(Unrelated to Edgeworth appearing in the direct)

The prestige of Clown University!

I thought it was just some random person piggybacking off the Engage images? Or maybe I'm wrong and Engage is the best Gust-made FE ever.

I recalled it came up just before the Engage leak? Which then got tangled because the Engage leaker said so?

The funny part is that it could still be real and the publishing schedule is why there's been silence.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

No man, i mean Mashima literally draws the same characters

Fairy-tail-featured-image-Cropped-1.jpg

edens-zero-header.png

These are two separate IPs.

It's like the cosplay troupe had some people leave between cons

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also, I am a bit late with this, but:

Welcome Back Dayni !

Well, it's not even been a week. Thank you regardless

Sheesh, it's not even been a week.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

In the same direct they pretty much confirmed FE4 remake isn't happening, at least not on the Switch, and brought Edgeworth's entire circus to the west (officially) after 10 years.

The meme has never been more relevant.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I recalled it came up just before the Engage leak? Which then got tangled because the Engage leaker said so?

The Engage leak itself mentioned FE4 remake. On the other hand, people are starting to think that perhaps the leaker either lied to divert attention (it did also say Gust worked on Engage which was entirely false), or saw Engage Sigurd and/or his paralogue and mistook it for a FE4 remake.

f49.gif

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

The funny part is that it could still be real and the publishing schedule is why there's been silence.

I dunno man, there's still a chance they could show it but i'm starting to think it was a goof.

I, for one, will not miss it.

You know, recently I learned about the whole, "Engage's internal number is 19, but Three Houses is 17". We know the missing 13 belonged to the cancelled Wii game. So... what of 18? Cancelled too, or held back even longer than Engage was? Feels more the former is the case, though.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Edgeworth says it like it is. | Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney | Funny  reaction pictures, Funny memes, Reactions meme

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You told me I hadn't made a Naga reference. When the time came, I had to figure out how to slip one in.😛

Nice.

When I look at an Arm Slave, when I look at Mithril, when I think of things Sosuke goes through on-foot, FMP is totally grounded and should've finished in W sooner. -But the Whispered elevate the series above its grounded appearance, in a way the Lambda Driver doesn't. A quirky disconnect there.

Maybe you're also used to how FMP ended in the late-ish mid-game in J? In V, the FMP storyline also ends just before the end, so perhaps J is the odd one out. Can't speak about when it ends in Z3, though.

And I'm surprised that I never fought the replica Nadesico the Martian Successors were shown running off with (unless the heroes destroyed it on a route split I didn't pick).

Or maybe it's just for cutscene purpose? SRW sometimes do be like that.

I could indeed tell this had to be one wickedly weird setup, W Nadesicos!😄 Should've let me synchronize the Phase Transition Cannons of Y-Unit and C, behold the Singularity Collapse Blast!

Man, that would've been a wicked combination attack!

Lapis does feel unnecessary. Like, why did Nergal even create her? Ruri they "bought", but wouldn't you have thunk they'd stop getting into what seems kinda inhuman?

It at least shows they're willing to help against the whole Martian Successors thing, but yeah...

For SRW, I could see Akito being reassigned to a freelance, no-questions group that operates in space. One that'd take him in, not ask about his past, and in exchange for maybe some Nergal funding/supplies, let him launch & resupply from their vessel whenever he wanted.

That is pretty much what happens in T, yep.

Well it's attempting to have one's cake (Akito having better playability) & eat it (keeping Akito's plot social isolation) too, so I give Banpresto points for trying

It even comes to the point that in a route split he still stays in the Arcadia, even if it's not in the same route split as the rest of the Nadesico cast.

On the plus side, it means he does opens up a bit earlier. Like in how in one of the DLC maps he actually has a bit of a role since it involves a ramen shop, heh.

He better have Thrudgelmir-like stats for returning so dang late. ...Except he won't.😑

I'm feeling like A(Portable) would be Akito's best game from what I've played. J runs into a Gai problem, if you don't get him back, Akito is forever weak. If you do get Gai back... there's not that much game left! Even less if you don't want to do the Brain finale. The Buttercups/Three Angels outshine Akito in J, since they never lose their combination attacks and are around like him for the entire game. A(P) does require you go into space to save Gai, but then he'll never miss out on anything and the two can Double Gekigan Flare all game long.

Man, that was so awesome. Was so worth unlocking Sanger in Alpha Gaiden, heh.

At least you can get him for longer once you get to VTX. Even if it might still take a little while. But not "almost at the end" long.

Sounds like it. It's the unfortunate case of Nadesico using more PoD over the TV series, and even then...

Scenario 53: Those Who Bring the Dawn is done.:

Spoiler

Very short into here it was. D-Boy's survival is reexplained, Miyuki hid herself during her recovery to not worry her brother. And Kanzaki tried warning Tomoru his body couldn't survive becoming Orgun one more time, but he refuses this, and actually nothing comes of his physical condition.

The Boson Jump complete, the heroes arrive by both the Zorma and Pisa Sol. ...I think it was stated a few scenarios ago after the Jupiter fight that Pisa Sol was being hidden by an ES Window or something? I forget. The mobile planet Zorma was mentioned before as being about about the quarter of the Moon's circumference? ...What was the Neviim's? I want to say 25km?

The Evoluted deploy first, the heroes only now learn that Kumi the celebrity fortuneteller of Orgun is aboard one of their ships. She communicates with lady Mhiku, the only Evoluted not converted via Solid Armor, a lab-grown human of the Comprehent Project like Kanzaki and Kumi. Mhiku's awakening to the truth throws Commandant Zoa into a state of shock, but he regains his evil rigidity and insists the Evoluted need power, not hearts, and they need to keep Mhiku for her prophetic powers. Though Zoa isn't on the battlefield right away, it takes breaking the shells off the initial Eids and devouring their Eid II cores for him to come out with more Eids. He sits next to the Zorma and its +20% Def/Evade and +10% HP&EN bonuses ...but not on it himself.😝 I think Levi made the same mistake on Ryusei's Route. Zoa is the lucky holder of the S Adapter in this game, in J it was the Undefeated of the East.

(Speaking S ranks, I checked the Full Upgrade Bonuses in W. In J, you should practically always take the S-terrain rank FUBs for both weapons and durability, they're extremely good. W responded with a heavy nerf- instead of getting S-ranks in all terrain, you have to choose one. Makes FUBing for the sake of gameplay usefulness, instead of favoritism, much less good.)

Fighting Commandant Zoa once triggers the return of the regenerated Sol Masters. They've two copies of the lesser Sol Master units this time with lower stats and funds payouts, and Pia Decem Plus is now it its humanoid mode, an evil King J-Der parallel it be. I split my army in two, Orgun and the Super Robots take on the Evoluted. Since a few of the lesser Sol Masters have an Armor debuff and Palparepa his Will&SP debuff, the Tekkaman Seven are tasked with them (Yumi using two Valor'ed Reactor Voltekka MAPs). I fight fire with ice, ice with fire, setting gameplay Supers and Reals against their opposites, while Mic and the battleships hang back.

Zoa falls first, Tomoru finishing him rather anticlimactically with an Orgun Lancer. Pia Decem Plus goes down on the same turn. -Well actually, getting Pia down to half HP causes Palparepa to rush the Nadesico A. And only now when Yurika is about to be hit, does Akito Jump in!😜 He tells Yurika she forgot about her Distortion Fields panicking silly as she sometimes does.😄 Akito is here, and talking with his former teammates he asks and without a problem (other than the wardrobe, Izumi thinks a chef can make all-black WOK😝) they welcome him back in. The Black Sarana is now quietly the High Mobility Black Sarana (why the fighter-jet-esque form?), and one of its two attacks is a single-use point-blank armor purge. Checking after the battle, the regular Black Sarana gets an armor purge attack too which leave behind Akito's Aestivalis Custom. And both the HM parts and Black Sarana itself can be destroyed by the enemy with no-funds loss and Akito will remain on the map in the BS/Aesti Custom form. Akito's Aesti according to Akurasu, can still Gekigan with Gai for some good Real damage output -spammable b/c Gravity Wave Antenna let's not forget. Two jacket armors and losing both them doesn't actually decrease his offense at all, neato Akito! ...If only you'd been around longer.😑

-Oh yes, Akito brought Guy with him, as I predicted.😏 Unconscious in a crumbling Genesic I was not expecting, but he immediately gets the pep talk from the rest of Neue Warter and springs back to life with BRAVERY!😤 Again, I expected something like that. He OHKOs Palparepa, which means it's a good thing I prioritized Pia over him. ...But Pal regenerates as Palparepa Prajna (a Sanskrit word meaning "highest/transcendent wisdom" as a Hindu/Buddhist concept looking it up). 130k HP, and immune to debuffs, but still no true threat nor chore. I get back to finishing off Pia in the same turn. Then delete the remaining grunt Sol Masters and chip away at 30k of Pal's life while my Supers get over to him. I finish off Prajna the turn after this.

On Prajna's demise, Zoa shows back up, ready to fire the Zorma's Antimatter Cannon at Earth to obliterate it. Tomoru wants to use the never-mentioned before Grand Cross attack, which Orgun had used at the tragic end of W Part One, but Kanzak says you need direct access to the Sun for that, which is being eclipsed by Pisa Sol right now. It'll be 10 minutes before they get a good view of the Sun again, too late to stop the Zorma. The Sol Masters have regenerated again and are about to destroy the Solar System too. Double Earth-ending trouble.

...Leave it to GaoGaiGar to come up with the over-the-top solution.😄 Chief Taiga calls in, explains the once-mentioned before GGG ships will bring Orgun the Sun. They noticed each regeneration of the Sol Masters made parts of Pisa Sol slightly more brittle, so constantly fighting these invincible chess pieces unknowingly to them weakened their king. The safeties are released- Goldion Crusher!😁 Guy uses the MAP version (5700 power) to OHKO all the Sol Masters and Pas-Cubes and destroy Pisa Sol (unlocking a 6200 1-range single-target version too). With the sun blocking the Sun gone, Tomoru t-poses the Grand Cross attack and destroys the Zoa and the Zorma (Orgun now has MAP and 6000 power single-target versions).

...And so ends GaoGaiGar FINAL and Detonator Orgun!😎 

GaoGaiGar FINAL- It was slow to start in W Part Two, with only the Bionet cyborg doing necessary filler/introduction to Q-Parts & Renais stuff. It only took off towards the end, where it did get good. But that was fine for me, given how saturated W Part One was with pre-Final GGG storyline. And I can see why GoLion and Mazinkaiser -which is very short- are the other other story-having Super licenses in W. (...Setting aside Tekkaman Blade leaning Super in narrative feel.😅) Both GGGs together in one game is plenty of Super.

As units, the entire GGG team is some degree of awesome (Guy, J, Mic), good (Big Volfogg), or nifty (the Super AIs). And they've all minus J brilliant availability too. 

(As an aside, during the above, Guy said the reason why the Sol Masters: allied with Galra and the Database, laid bait by Jupiter, took advantage of other enemies of Earth, and only ever sent the Mamoru and Soldato J Replicans, never attacking the Earth directly. ..Is because the they feared Earth! Heroic BRAVERY overcame Evil COWARDICE!😛 -And Mamoru and Kaido claimed the Sol Masters never needed to restore the Trinary Star System as it already existed in this new universe -as Earth. IDK if they meant that literally or figuratively.)

Detonator Orgun- This was from the start of W heavily integrated with Tekkaman Blade, two power suit licenses bound together. And I liked that.😀 The Evoluted were good as a supplementary antagonistic force ...but not as a primary one. Detonator Orgun is a three-part OVA, it didn't have much material for a 50-chapter story in the first place and within that OVA story there were limitations. Mazinkaiser began in the 1st half midgame and wrapped up quickly, Orgun stretched itself out over the entire game. The first half was spent entirely on Orgun teasing stuff and us getting to bond with him, while Tomoru didn't become playable in the second half until fairly late, and he setting the very minor supporting actress of Yoko aside, is the only Orgun playable. (Tomoru being almost the same as Tekkaman Dead gameplay-wise when he joins at the same time, good most certainly, but a little less than the other Tekkamen.) Orgun felt less personal and less dramatic than Blade. And the lower intensity created a feeling of it being more somber, a little less Super (-not that Super stories can't be serious/down-to-Earth, to clarify.) ...Do I want Orgun to return to SRW? Sure, I'd take it, I'd take any lesser-known/used license's return to SRW.🙂 Yet I will admit it wouldn't excite me the most, or as much as Blade would. And whatever the source material limitations, Banpresto/SRW used what is there to the best of its abilities.😀

---

Before I forget, Pia Decem Plus carried a Pink Haro. -Though the High-Performance CPU is the uber-part in W, which Omega dropped (assuredly by Creuset on the other route). The Pink Haro grants +100 Funds per tile moved. Prajna dropped a PASQU, which grants +1 SP per tile moved to its pilot (I haven tried it yet, but for balance's sake I doubt it applies to the subs ...even though Aid/Hope/Wish/Piety the SP-gifting Spirit does in J/W). Why give me a funds-boosting part like that so late?🤨 

At least the Pink Haro is worth a lot of funds in itself. And when I finish the game, all parts and skill parts will turn into funds for NG+. Which is going to give me hundreds of thousands' worth of cash!🤑 I'd like to go into NG+ with as little money left over so I could do my Real run later with as little used-units upgrades carryover as possible. But even if I spend all nearly 3 million reserves I've amassed (320-390k to max out some Supers' weapons could do that), I'll have way more initial funds than the 0 a fresh playthrough would have. ...I could always dump them in weapons to bring the firepower level closer to what I've been used to? ...Why am I wasting my time on thinking about this?😅

---

And the last licenses still standing are Full Metal Panic! and GoLion.😕 Honestly I have no idea what either is going to pull out. Leonard is an enigma, Sincline is an incompetent pawn that Inference may half-wish he could strangle with his bare hands if he had any (the other half says "strangling people myself is beneath me and would dirty the palms I don't possess").

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe you're also used to how FMP ended in the late-ish mid-game in J? In V, the FMP storyline also ends just before the end, so perhaps J is the odd one out. Can't speak about when it ends in Z3, though.

Could be. The villain topping out at Gauron could've been a (intentional, since why would Banpresto not be able to haggle for The Second Raid if they could get season one?) limitation for J. With the story complete via The Second Raid (or light novels) and Leonard present, W and subsequent games could've gained what was needed to take FMP all the way.

Or maybe it's just for cutscene purpose? SRW sometimes do be like that.

Quite a few of those in in J. I know I saw a Guy map sprite by Jupiter, and a Kaiser Scrander one during the Mazinkaiser finale, and a bunch of others that I've totally forgotten.

Man, that would've been a wicked combination attack!

Saaaaaaaame!😄 Maximum spatial distortion generated by two battleships firing at precisely the same point can only mean one thing for the enemy- a free luxury voyage across the event horizon!🛳️

That is pretty much what happens in T, yep.

I didn't look it up or anything, but I was thinking about how once alluded to one of the VXT trilogy, maybe T, having a space pirate. That sounded like the kind of person Akito could work with while maintaining distance from the Nadesico and other assembled heroes.

On the plus side, it means he does opens up a bit earlier. Like in how in one of the DLC maps he actually has a bit of a role since it involves a ramen shop, heh.

Sounds tasty to me.😃 Seeing a guy so plunged into darkness, unwilling to emerge, slowly if against his own desires, begin to return to the light and joy that had been taken away from him.

Man, that was so awesome. Was so worth unlocking Sanger in Alpha Gaiden, heh.

I can only imagine.😋 (...Alpha Gaiden sounds a little rough around the edges due to its age. Which is why I haven't given it a whirl.)

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He sits next to the Zorma and its +20% Def/Evade and +10% HP&EN bonuses ...but not on it himself.😝 I think Levi made the same mistake on Ryusei's Route.

Definitely sounds like throwing a lifeline to the player, heh.

(Speaking S ranks, I checked the Full Upgrade Bonuses in W. In J, you should practically always take the S-terrain rank FUBs for both weapons and durability, they're extremely good. W responded with a heavy nerf- instead of getting S-ranks in all terrain, you have to choose one. Makes FUBing for the sake of gameplay usefulness, instead of favoritism, much less good.)

And has been just to one rank every since, yeah.

Two jacket armors and losing both them doesn't actually decrease his offense at all, neato Akito! ...If only you'd been around longer.😑

Yeah, in other SRW's he would've joined long already. This whole setup is likely unique to W too, since it has both series. Otherwise, the Black Serena, and then the High-Mobility, is just the one unit. If it's defeated, that's it. Well, I don't recall if you still go from H-M to the regular one, but definitely the Aestevalis core isn't playable anymore.

...And so ends GaoGaiGar FINAL and Detonator Orgun!😎 

I've always thought that part was so awesome. Only missing was Daitarn 3 for a true Trinary experience. XD

Both GGGs together in one game is plenty of Super.

The only time so far they could, so they went all out. XD

And Mamoru and Kaido claimed the Sol Masters never needed to restore the Trinary Star System as it already existed in this new universe -as Earth. IDK if they meant that literally or figuratively.

Me neither. More so since I still don't know if this also how it is in the original, or only applicable to W going about multiple worlds/universes.

Detonator Orgun- This was from the start of W heavily integrated with Tekkaman Blade, two power suit licenses bound together. And I liked that.😀

Not gonna lie, it actually took me a little while to realize Orgun was its own thing. Didn't help that Evoluder is a GGG term as well.

Do I want Orgun to return to SRW? Sure, I'd take it, I'd take any lesser-known/used license's return to SRW.🙂 Yet I will admit it wouldn't excite me the most, or as much as Blade would. And whatever the source material limitations, Banpresto/SRW used what is there to the best of its abilities.😀

It certainly felt it was there for roster padding. Still, yes, let it come back one day.

Why give me a funds-boosting part like that so late?🤨 

Preparing for NG+?

...Why am I wasting my time on thinking about this?😅

Hey, you're planning ahead. That's good! Looking forward for more SRW ain't a bad thing ever. lol

And the last licenses still standing are Full Metal Panic! and GoLion.😕 Honestly I have no idea what either is going to pull out. Leonard is an enigma, Sincline is an incompetent pawn that Inference may half-wish he could strangle with his bare hands if he had any (the other half says "strangling people myself is beneath me and would dirty the palms I don't possess").

As GoLion hasn't showed again, it's at least good they're leaving its ending for almost last.

Could be. The villain topping out at Gauron could've been a (intentional, since why would Banpresto not be able to haggle for The Second Raid if they could get season one?) limitation for J. With the story complete via The Second Raid (or light novels) and Leonard present, W and subsequent games could've gained what was needed to take FMP all the way.

I feel they already had in mind SRW W, but figure they could give teases in J? Like, they get the licenses in advance, but only use the first parts for J. Maybe.

I didn't look it up or anything, but I was thinking about how once alluded to one of the VXT trilogy, maybe T, having a space pirate. That sounded like the kind of person Akito could work with while maintaining distance from the Nadesico and other assembled heroes.

T has a few, actually.

I can only imagine.😋 (...Alpha Gaiden sounds a little rough around the edges due to its age. Which is why I haven't given it a whirl.)

I'd still recommend it. But you definitely need to play Alpha 1 first.

mfus8ziadl7d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=462434b9b

We're through - and just need a tie against Switzerland to top the group and hopefully get a good seeding.

Switzerland are most likely through - 70% chance - but they really fucked up by tying against Scotland today. A win would've ensured next round, but 4 Points are usually enough thanks to 3rd place ruling....However if we batter them hard they might land in hot waters.

Speaking about Scotland, if they can defeat Hungary next match they have a very good chance to go through as well. The tie gave them life, a little bit of hope.

Hungary is most likely out. With their goal difference of -4 they need to not only win big against Scotland, but also rely on other groups. Will be hard.

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Definitely sounds like throwing a lifeline to the player, heh.

Since it was the northwest most corner of the map, far away from the Sol Masters, it wasn't very useful for me. I threw Orgun on Zorma b/c he got way earlier than anyone else, but otherwise it wasn't useful. W seriously decreased the instances of delicious HP&EN terrain available to the player, and like halved those from 20% each, I think the Def & Evade bonuses in J were a higher 30% too. 

38 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, in other SRW's he would've joined long already. This whole setup is likely unique to W too, since it has both series. Otherwise, the Black Serena, and then the High-Mobility, is just the one unit. If it's defeated, that's it. Well, I don't recall if you still go from H-M to the regular one, but definitely the Aestevalis core isn't playable anymore.

The disappointment of not getting to actually have fun with this wacky setup sends my mind to La Gias. EX's secret unlock code for Neo Granzon, but only if Masaki and Lune have their stories cleared first. If NG+ permitted me to use HMBS & PoD!Akito from the start (forcing Akito into his TV appearance and regular Aestivalis if he is mandatory in a part one scenario), then that'd be entertaining.

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've always thought that part was so awesome. Only missing was Daitarn 3 for a true Trinary experience. XD

Somewhere, someplace, Banjo contently watched as the power of the Sun was shown the proper respect it deserves.☀️

48 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The only time so far they could, so they went all out. XD

And on a portable system too. A story first split amongst Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 on the PS2. Now, you've got the entire kingliest bravest anime ever in the palm of your hand!😄 Maybe it's me, but that sounds like it could've been wild back in the day.

54 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not gonna lie, it actually took me a little while to realize Orgun was its own thing.

I was left pondering at the outset- "Is Detonator Orgun a loose "relative" of Blade. Maybe created by the same studio?🤔". The shared weaponry of lancers and big lasers between the power armors were part of this, just like the narrative fusion.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Didn't help that Evoluder is a GGG term as well.

And Evoluder and Evoluted were teams that indeed I realized had the possibility to confuse from the onset of seeing the latter (30 having introduced me to the former already). Being afraid of the confusion, I focused heavily on keeping the different phrases mentally apart.🧐

It certainly felt it was there for roster padding.

Though even as padding, it did help. The Radam in J were a villain in their own bubble, nobody from the Moon to Mars had anything to do with them. Other than like Colbert, I'm not sure if anyone else not in the heroes' group ever really acknowledged the Radam threat either. Being mindless parasitic bugs led by their Tekkamen hosts, they weren't exactly a faction anyone could engage in diplomacy with. The unending Radam-Evoluted conflict and Aiba family connection fixed this issue in W.

I feel they already had in mind SRW W, but figure they could give teases in J? Like, they get the licenses in advance, but only use the first parts for J. Maybe.

Maybe.

And for SEED, well J was the first time the story could be told without walking into the baggage of the Alphaverse (three prior games and UC Gundam). J got a pure SEED storytelling out of the way, so W could indulge in cutting back to an abridged, shaken up version, and stir in ASTRAY. I would've been rather lost on SEED had I not played J before W.

Perhaps this also applies to FMP, Blade, and even Nadesico (despite it J&W being the 4&5th showings of the IP). W could get messier (if you weren't already familiar with the source material), could speed through the stuff that you slowly worked through in J.

Hey, you're planning ahead. That's good! Looking forward for more SRW ain't a bad thing ever. lol

The Real playthrough is going to leave a lasting impression on me. Was it intentional that the first licensed character to show up in W is Duo?

Also, as a handicap and to abide by Reality, I will NOT combine into Valguard turn-1 every time as I did in the second half of this run.😆 Will use Valzacard again without restraint, as I can't do anything about that, and it's arrival marks the beginning of the end. But Valguard I can curtail for the 20 chapters where I have it. Only once the peons are swept and it's the bosses alone that remain, will I be allowed to forsake the Real Valhawk (and battleship Valstork) for the Super 'guard.

...But first comes a new SRW if one gets announced in the next few months. I'll wait for that if so. If that doesn't happen, it's Martian Metal SEED Comet Vorlent sometime in the Fall I'm thinking. That'll get pushed back if a new SRW is released.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The disappointment of not getting to actually have fun with this wacky setup sends my mind to La Gias. EX's secret unlock code for Neo Granzon, but only if Masaki and Lune have their stories cleared first. If NG+ permitted me to use HMBS & PoD!Akito from the start (forcing Akito into his TV appearance and regular Aestivalis if he is mandatory in a part one scenario), then that'd be entertaining.

Would certainly be neat, though not really something SRW does with the non-OG stuff, haha.

Somewhere, someplace, Banjo contently watched as the power of the Sun was shown the proper respect it deserves.☀️

Aye

And on a portable system too. A story first split amongst Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 on the PS2. Now, you've got the entire kingliest bravest anime ever in the palm of your hand!😄 Maybe it's me, but that sounds like it could've been wild back in the day.

I can only imagine. By the time I was aware of SRW, I think the newest game was... L, I think? Late 2008 for me, though even then it was first through the OG games.

I was left pondering at the outset- "Is Detonator Orgun a loose "relative" of Blade. Maybe created by the same studio?🤔". The shared weaponry of lancers and big lasers between the power armors were part of this, just like the narrative fusion.

And Evoluder and Evoluted were teams that indeed I realized had the possibility to confuse from the onset of seeing the latter (30 having introduced me to the former already). Being afraid of the confusion, I focused heavily on keeping the different phrases mentally apart.🧐

Yeah, it can happen I guess, heh. Would have to look up if there is any actual connection or not.

Though even as padding, it did help. The Radam in J were a villain in their own bubble, nobody from the Moon to Mars had anything to do with them. Other than like Colbert, I'm not sure if anyone else not in the heroes' group ever really acknowledged the Radam threat either. Being mindless parasitic bugs led by their Tekkamen hosts, they weren't exactly a faction anyone could engage in diplomacy with. The unending Radam-Evoluted conflict and Aiba family connection fixed this issue in W.

Well, at least there's that.

Though its worth pointing out that is not uncommon to happen in SRW. Sometimes you do have lone wolf factions, and in similar context like the Radam.

Maybe.

And for SEED, well J was the first time the story could be told without walking into the baggage of the Alphaverse (three prior games and UC Gundam). J got a pure SEED storytelling out of the way, so W could indulge in cutting back to an abridged, shaken up version, and stir in ASTRAY. I would've been rather lost on SEED had I not played J before W.

Perhaps this also applies to FMP, Blade, and even Nadesico (despite it J&W being the 4&5th showings of the IP). W could get messier (if you weren't already familiar with the source material), could speed through the stuff that you slowly worked through in J.

Yeah, the fact J and W share so many series and were released one after the other does point it had to be deliberate.

The Real playthrough is going to leave a lasting impression on me. Was it intentional that the first licensed character to show up in W is Duo?

Maybe? XD

Also, as a handicap and to abide by Reality, I will NOT combine into Valguard turn-1 every time as I did in the second half of this run.😆 Will use Valzacard again without restraint, as I can't do anything about that, and it's arrival marks the beginning of the end. But Valguard I can curtail for the 20 chapters where I have it. Only once the peons are swept and it's the bosses alone that remain, will I be allowed to forsake the Real Valhawk (and battleship Valstork) for the Super 'guard.

Hmm, interesting maneuver there.

...But first comes a new SRW if one gets announced in the next few months. I'll wait for that if so. If that doesn't happen, it's Martian Metal SEED Comet Vorlent sometime in the Fall I'm thinking. That'll get pushed back if a new SRW is released.

Sounds like a plan!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

GQWhrQkWIAA3bl2?format=png&name=small

This is one of the best shots in Doctor Who. I'm a long way from the episode where this is from but it showed up on my TL.

I need to warn us: Darth Jar Jar is now a physical thing.

Fear has won. Anger has conquered. Hate has triumphed. Suffering is default.

(Also, life goes on anyways but shush)

On 6/19/2024 at 10:51 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

In the same direct they pretty much confirmed FE4 remake isn't happening, at least not on the Switch, and brought Edgeworth's entire circus to the west (officially) after 10 years.

The meme has never been more relevant.

The Engage leak itself mentioned FE4 remake. On the other hand, people are starting to think that perhaps the leaker either lied to divert attention (it did also say Gust worked on Engage which was entirely false), or saw Engage Sigurd and/or his paralogue and mistook it for a FE4 remake.

23 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, recently I learned about the whole, "Engage's internal number is 19, but Three Houses is 17". We know the missing 13 belonged to the cancelled Wii game. So... what of 18? Cancelled too, or held back even longer than Engage was? Feels more the former is the case, though.

*sigh, fair I guess.

23 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Edgeworth says it like it is. | Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney | Funny  reaction pictures, Funny memes, Reactions meme

One man circus! One man circus!

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

*sigh, fair I guess.

I mean, Engage delayed but eventually released was one thing due to anniversary game, but if there is really is a missing FE18, I would not be surprised if the Pandemic is why it never saw the light of day. Though it means then it would've had a 2020 release, to Engage's original 2021? With Three Houses releasing in 2019, that would've meant a yearly release of games? But Engage was also delayed due to Three Hopes, though I guess in 2020 it would not have been a concern if Hopes was not as close to completion I suppose.

Alternatively, they labeled Engage as FE19 just to troll people into thinking there's a missing game.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Or, Engage may actually be FE18, and the "missing" game the actual FE19, but Engage got relabeled to FE19 after the delay since they expected the other game to release first. Then again, they didn't do this for Path of Radiance. It's still FE8 (development began before Sacred Stone's) despite releasing after Sacred Stones (which is also FE8, I think, due to releasing first).

Sadly, we don't have much evidence. So it's endless conjectures.

Edited by Acacia Sgt