Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Republicans so incompetent they gonna shut down the government the month before a Presidential election.

Incompetent? Nah fam, they're in panic mode now that Trump's chances to win took a dive.

• Replies 179.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Etrian-Odyssey-Nexus-24-07-24-21-51-22-9

Overleveled, and I still win only on the precipice of total defeat.😆 

4 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Ok, this is one of the funniest ways i have seen someone do this lmao

Rigged obviously, but it is a new twist on "death by a thousand cuts".🌠

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The birthday haul part 2

IMG20240724193023.jpg?ex=66a2e025&is=66a

When's the hot take on TTYD coming?😛

Well, decided to buy Riviera The Promised Land. If I am to once again take a break from Chrono Cross (which I only recently picked up again), maybe I can begin that one instead. Or I can make it what I play after my initial Cross playthrough.

We will have to learn what a Skibidi is through trailers as Michael Bay wants to do a film for some reason.

Because those who do know sure as shit won't tell me.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Starts up the blender*

Add water (and cinnamon and nutmeg for flavor), run it through a cheesecloth and or strainer, and I'll have cyber milk. It's good for your memory.😛

Not using RAM for improving memory, smh.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They might not have wanted to, they had their own of loose equivalent of modern day "beer pong". You place a disc atop a pole, and then when you're almost done with your cup of wine, you give your arm a good flick of the wrist and fling the wine dredges at the disc, if you knock it off the pole, you win.

Ancient wine might not have been as filtered as the modern stuff, there might've been solid matter at the bottom of your glass you didn't want to drink. Even so, being able to literally throw away wine would've indicated you had more than a few spare drachmae.

The wine toss, of course there there were bros.

12 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Wraith:

…Why do I still live? What more do you want from me!?!

Ugh, the edge.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Republicans so incompetent they gonna shut down the government the month before a Presidential election.

Ah weaponised incompetence.

This is obviously planned for (And far from the only shutdown in the last decade, which for some reason affects civil servants and other staff just doing day to day shit ), but because the system's so entrenched there'll be no repercussions for it for most of those involved.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio looks like we might not get that third game.

https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/images/Fortis_Salute.gif?0a31e

8 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Ok, this is one of the funniest ways i have seen someone do this lmao

The Miracle at the end, Pfft.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

The birthday haul part 2

IMG20240724193023.jpg?ex=66a2e025&is=66a

....Why did I on first glance thing Daybreak Man was a figure like Shulk and Link?

5 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

JWOLuaT.jpeg

Terrorist in the making

"Somebody set up us the bomb!"

"It was me!"

On 7/24/2024 at 3:11 AM, Benice said:

OOOOOO IT'S THE ROGER HE'S BAAACCKKKKK

Only part time. Catch about getting older. Time seems to go by faster every year, and you never seem to run out of goals to achieve. I mean I missed a day responding.
I mean, we're sitting at a point where I still haven't ever got around to finishing the last two chapters of Thracia 776, and I was working on that last time I was here.
Irony being, that used to be the last SRPG Fire Emblem I hadn't finished. Now Engage exists...

On 7/24/2024 at 3:37 AM, Sidereal Wraith said:

Alright for the most part. Trying to save the poor souls on this thread from Teehee, reading and burning Engage in effigy every night, you know, the usual.

Ah Wraith, you never change, even if your name does. If only you could've seen the woman I saw at the shops today. Literally hair dyed in the style of the Divine Dragon (red on one side blue on the other split down the middle). It's kind of poetic, coming back and seeing all the Alear inspired edits, and then seeing someone having such a distinct style. I wonder if it was inspired by the game, or was some wild coincidence. Alas, I'll never know.
Anyway, now I have to wonder. If you had to play #TMS or Engage, which one would you choose? I'm curious which one is the bigger heresy.

On 7/24/2024 at 4:27 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I hope you're well.

I'm fine right now. In a state of blissful normalcy at the moment.

I'm doing relatively well. Tonsils are gone at this stage, which has done in a lot of the problem. Have further surgery for my sinuses later on. Though when "later" is is a matter of speculation.

Normalcy is good. I recall you had a bit of a frustrating situation going on when I was last about, so I'm hoping normalcy means such is in the past.

On 7/24/2024 at 4:37 AM, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, forgot to answer this. Well, fine, I guess.

That's good.

On 7/24/2024 at 6:54 AM, Dayni said:

Sorry, missed you there earlier.

And yes.

As for how I'm doing, well things are happening for me at least, so better than when I was last around and even when I was first coming back here after that long disappearance.

Happens, don't worry about it.
I'm sorry, I'm a bit in the dark on that. It seems long disappearances are going around. Indeed, I never know when I'll be gone a while now either. Having become the de-facto baby sitter of the family while sick means I've grown accustomed to games that I can pick up and play, and at that ones that my charges can join in.

On 7/24/2024 at 8:58 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Fine I suppose, one of my uncles is visiting and I ended up drinking more than I should have because of that. Also welcome back, its been a while.

Indeed it has. I was last on after the announcement of Engage. Which is seemingly a recurring thread in my thoughts right now.

Here, an upload of the hurling final, which'll likely get taken down. What a game bais, what a game.

7 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Ah Wraith, you never change, even if your name does. If only you could've seen the woman I saw at the shops today. Literally hair dyed in the style of the Divine Dragon (red on one side blue on the other split down the middle). It's kind of poetic, coming back and seeing all the Alear inspired edits, and then seeing someone having such a distinct style. I wonder if it was inspired by the game, or was some wild coincidence. Alas, I'll never know.

Man, someone actually went for that style. Brave choice, you're likely very confident to go get that done and then walk with it.

Can't think of anyone else doing that two-tone before it either, but I could have just forgotten any examples.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit in the dark on that. It seems long disappearances are going around. Indeed, I never know when I'll be gone a while now either. Having become the de-facto baby sitter of the family while sick means I've grown accustomed to games that I can pick up and play, and at that ones that my charges can join in.

Nah, it's no trouble. I'm back since June, it's been a while since it finished. We'll all pass by and be like the tide then? Not sure where I'm going with that one.

As for charges on my end, there's only one who can pick up a controller and actually play it at the moment, the eponymous gremlin (as mentioned elsewhere) has some experience (I've even had them play Fates years ago, but they didn't really click with it, I'd assume because they were 5 or something) but I mainly do co-op with them. I'm likely to get asked for minding the (newly titled) goblin as they get old enough that it makes sense, but pick up and play is something I'm in a pretty good position with anyways.

Indeed it has. I was last on after the announcement of Engage. Which is seemingly a recurring thread in my thoughts right now.

For reference, I left Teehee days before Engage came out. I wouldn't disappear from SF as a whole before January this year, for irl priorities.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Nah, it's no trouble. I'm back since June, it's been a while since it finished. We'll all pass by and be like the tide then? Not sure where I'm going with that one

Sounds like we were all the Ocean's Gray Waves all along. I guess I'm Lost in Thoughts on that one.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

As for charges on my end, there's only one who can pick up a controller and actually play it at the moment, the eponymous gremlin (as mentioned elsewhere) has some experience (I've even had them play Fates years ago, but they didn't really click with it, I'd assume because they were 5 or something) but I mainly do co-op with them. I'm likely to get asked for minding the (newly titled) goblin as they get old enough that it makes sense, but pick up and play is something I'm in a pretty good position with anyways.

I managed to teach my niece to play games at 2, which was the same age I infamously started on DKC. Mind she's older now, but the first time she picked up a controller was when I played Megaman 8. She actually proved my theory that a toddler could beat Aquaman. Her main thing though, is puzzle games, which isn't actually something I expected at her age, but life is full of surprises.

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

For reference, I left Teehee days before Engage came out. I wouldn't disappear from SF as a whole before January this year, for irl priorities.

In some ways it's bittersweet that things are like that. Very few people can stay in one phase of their life forever, as no one has unlimited time. But one can always look back fondly on the time they spent on something. I think in a way, this forum is an example of that for me. I can't always be around. The people I remember the forum for can't always be around. A few of them left years back. But the memories? Those will endure quite a while.

4 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Literally hair dyed in the style of the Divine Dragon (red on one side blue on the other split down the middle). It's kind of poetic, coming back and seeing all the Alear inspired edits, and then seeing someone having such a distinct style. I wonder if it was inspired by the game, or was some wild coincidence. Alas, I'll never know.

We move further from the Emperor everyday.

4 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Anyway, now I have to wonder. If you had to play #TMS or Engage, which one would you choose? I'm curious which one is the bigger heresy.

I’d choose to play Russian roulette with a Gatling gun.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

I want Nexus to be over -so I can play it again.😆 

I've got at least three teams not my current one presently running through my head (Hero-Highlander/Medic-Gunner-Survivalist, Ronin-Nightseeker-Harbinger/Arcanist-Ninja, and as of last night- Shogun-Landsknecht-Protector/Medic-Sovereign). Tempts me into wanting to drop the difficulty to Picnic and just cheese the remainder of the game so I can NG+ with map carryover (mapping everything once is enough for me), and cultivate a new garden of labyrinth warriors.🤣

My neurodivergent mind is too drawn into EO, I was trying to read about Nineveh, the (Neo-) Assyrian Empire's last and glorious capital, which is very enjoyable to learn about and I really wanted to do some morning reading. -But the mind couldn't pull away from the Etrian Odyssey mental black hole, it was very annoying.😑

Ever feel this way with Fates, @Codename Shrimp?😅

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, decided to buy Riviera The Promised Land. If I am to once again take a break from Chrono Cross (which I only recently picked up again), maybe I can begin that one instead. Or I can make it what I play after my initial Cross playthrough.

Have fun! -And will you be aiming for any particular ending, or will you just go with the natural flow?

5 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Normalcy is good. I recall you had a bit of a frustrating situation going on when I was last about, so I'm hoping normalcy means such is in the past.

I mean, I had a two-weekish MDD episode earlier this month.😅 And really, nothing existential has changed about my situation -which will keep me up at night. But to say I don't find my "small" existence "cozy" most of the time would be a lie. And that comfort insidiously contributes to my lack of existential change for the long-term better.

I'm trying to find a new therapist now after I got one last month and ditched them after two sessions (it didn't feel like they were for me). But the new one I've my eye on hasn't emailed me back yet like a week later. And even if they did, Medicare with a private insurance name on it is a deceiving mess that could easily be shot down and I'd have to pick someone else.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have fun! -And will you be aiming for any particular ending, or will you just go with the natural flow?

We'll see. I think I did had something of an outline way back. Waaaay back, since we're talking like around twenty years ago. If I wrote/typed it down, I lost even that. Well, once I do get to play it, I'll make it up from scratch.

I now have a desklaptop.

7 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Sounds like we were all the Ocean's Gray Waves all along. I guess I'm Lost in Thoughts on that one.

https://pm1.aminoapps.com/6413/7ae0fcb0106342212520ce056721014fd5b269a1_hq.jpg

7 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

In some ways it's bittersweet that things are like that. Very few people can stay in one phase of their life forever, as no one has unlimited time. But one can always look back fondly on the time they spent on something. I think in a way, this forum is an example of that for me. I can't always be around. The people I remember the forum for can't always be around. A few of them left years back. But the memories? Those will endure quite a while.

A sort of safe port in the storm of life, I would posit.

Tfw a nap until midnight 🙃

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ever feel this way with Fates

A bit xD

For example i don't relate to the lower the difficulty part, but i do theorize about my eventual next run XD

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

We'll see. I think I did had something of an outline way back. Waaaay back, since we're talking like around twenty years ago. If I wrote/typed it down, I lost even that. Well, once I do get to play it, I'll make it up from scratch.

Meticulously outlining a number of your decisions during adventure moment choices as to whom in that instant you wish to earn the affections of? -I'd get that if you did.😆

23 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Tfw a nap until midnight 🙃

Completing your conversion into a vampire?🦇 

-Although assuming the hours of a creature of the night are simply the inverse of one who goes by day, 12AM sounds like you really slept in, ya lazysucker!😝

13 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

A bit xD

For example i don't relate to the lower the difficulty part, but i do theorize about my eventual next run XD

-I mean, I haven't, and seriously I won't (I don't crave difficulty in video games, but I like to play EO on the highest setting when I can manage it😅 aka all the time, except, Scylla). I'm just feeling very impatient.😆 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Meticulously outlining a number of your decisions during adventure moment choices as to whom in that instant you wish to earn the affections of? -I'd get that if you did.😆

Haha, yes. I know some people prefer otherwise, but I'm not one to fully jump into games blind, I'll admit.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Completing your conversion into a vampire?🦇

logo-Vampire-shrimp-.jpg

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Although assuming the hours of a creature of the night are simply the inverse of one who goes by day, 12AM sounds like you really slept in, ya lazysucker!😝

It's summer where the days are long and nights are short, so midnight is only like 2 hours after sunset XD

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm just feeling very impatient.😆 

How i feel about getting to CQ late game because i just adore the living heck out of it

sadly Ninja and fox hell are on the way