Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

How many minutes would you willingly spend playing this @Armagon?😛

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fascinating.

I guess it really may come down to that. While we know Alphaverse had a planned overall outline before they began working on it, we can't say the same for OGverse. So perhaps, yes, they rethought things a bit.

In OG2 GBA (and OGs too), five months before Alpha 3, Dr. Feff does have an internal thought where he mentions the "Ing series". So integration of Ing, whom I'm aware is something of the leading star of 2nd OG, was planned by then. (And Ing first appearance in an Alpha 2 comic was in 2003, to mention that chronology.) With his name being the first three letters of the Progenitor's name, I would like think he was always planned to be Viletta's Machinery-hybrid "sibling".

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Jjk funniest manga of all time.

I remember randomly seeing on the Internet months ago some remarks to the effect of "the author hates their own manga", from what people thought of the latest chapters at that time.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

This commander is horrible, Dua didn't deserve this.

Also, watched Alien Romulus.

1. S'pretty good both as a film and as it fits with the rest of them.

2. It might have raised my opinion on Prometheus a smidge.

3. I kinda want an Alien VN in the vein of stuff like 999

47 minutes ago, Dayni said:

This commander is horrible, Dua didn't deserve this.

Sacrificing a generic capture to deal with Conquest lunacy? -Never thought of that before. Yet, as their names won't end up in the ending Slideshow of Fame/Shame, there may be no permadeath guilt using them in that capacity. A patient map where you can set the pace like Ryoma could likely be done with effectively -1 unit slot (whereas Hinoka would have limited use for such bait, and the map's aggressiveness makes every unit slot count).

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How many minutes would you willingly spend playing this @Armagon?😛

Nada.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I remember randomly seeing on the Internet months ago some remarks to the effect of "the author hates their own manga", from what people thought of the latest chapters at that time.

Unironically i think Gege doesn't want to write it anymore.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I kinda want an Alien VN in the vein of stuff like 999

Isn't that just Isolation?

I mean it's not a VN but it's like the best Alien game on the market.

Weighlanchor Yarrtani tried to cover up this image

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sacrificing a generic capture to deal with Conquest lunacy? -Never thought of that before. Yet, as their names won't end up in the ending Slideshow of Fame/Shame, there may be no permadeath guilt using them in that capacity.

Me, using the generics seriously:

7 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Pretty smart honestly

Monstrosity disguised as cleverness

Just now, Armagon said:

Isn't that just Isolation?

I mean it's not a VN but it's like the best Alien game on the market.

No, it's survival horror, different genre.

(Also just missed an 80% sale, dangit me)

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Unironically i think Gege doesn't want to write it anymore.

Am I right that it's like this?

GRRM: I have no idea how I end this, Oh no.

Gege: I have no idea how I end this, Let's go!

-Warren made a 🛋️ remark.

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nada.

Still nice to see it translated.😀 Probably didn't take too long as a GBC game. -Although I'd rather see fans fix the DS trilogy's issue of us getting the second but not the first or third.

44 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Weighlanchor Yarrtani tried to cover up this image

-Using a shark for the head. -Big brain moment.😜

47 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Am I right that it's like this?

GRRM: I have no idea how I end this, Oh no.

Gege: I have no idea how I end this, Let's go!

If you're doing creative writing as a hobby, I think it'd be much better to be the below, than the above. Just write, get something done, it isn't like it'll be published.😝

39 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

When will I fit this game into my docket? I can't let myself think about that.😅

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

When will I fit this game into my docket? I can't let myself think about that.😅

Atleast you aren't juggling 2 games while having 2 you want to play/continue soon and one you always return to and another one my inner self wants to replay lol.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

maaaaaaaaaaaaan

Do what I did and just go for it. I had/have no regrets about doing so. Xd

Edited by Lightcosmo

Ah, already reached the Hall of Termination. I feel I'm making good progress; through the story at least. If not for the low drop rates of what I need (including money and stuff to sell), I'd be doing more Alchemy. As well as the quests. Other than the "Kill # of X" ones, I feel they'll be pushed back for a while.

As a side note, I could not help but be reminded of Jamie from SRW V when seeing Dominique's design...

On 8/20/2024 at 12:20 AM, Dayni said:

RIP Aegislash, your manouvre outdone by a friggin Basculin of all things.

Hubris is the real killer of pokemon, as I didn't take the thing as seriously as I should have...

Time to start the Elite Four in my Emerald Rogue run

Spoiler

AP1GczMZmGjOCYVp3aMamL31QpyWa9k7LXB7JkXe

And I think I will open with the first legendary on some random trainers team. Thankfully it wasn't the biggest deal for my Iron Moth

AP1GczOptSGHhl22SM7-x9IpmHbOhQaiSvKiB4PK

And then the little jerk brought out another one...

AP1GczOKZ89OXR-v4KggFRb8147c8mlmun_v5auA

And the thing Quiver Dancing on the switch was a bit terrifying, but the greedy fool went for another and was easily aeroblasted to death

AP1GczPzfvtTWPBaWaxHAOkNkokkzR-Tgy4Kkgtf

I do also show off an encounter with some serious consequences here, as I have the option of accepting

AP1GczPdzlE30Bwz3lSbDRJuoNqNF28SqnrdXPM8

What is effectively a second life, a chance to have my entire team revived after a wipe

AP1GczMFBhOBCFYxdOWgPVm8OevPL3rQsnRyHItR

But accepting it comes with a very long term consequence, as from hence forth I can only have 5 pokemon on my team. Truth be told I probably would have said no if I wasn't playlogging this. I used this to get my first ever win, but the consequences are very steep, especially if Wahey turns my two legends into Caterpies or something, but if I can keep my Legends, I think this might still be worth it

AP1GczPRUxQURjwe98GJC17_nz-8ZWjh4gJqT6eE

So I decide to skip past the rest stop where he might jump me for now to reach the first member of the Elite Four

AP1GczP-5sxcccrwWS2hhDtG1ajowk4KXus2LlLM

I also decide to pump all my rare candies into my boosting Lugia immediately, as the Elite Four level caps rise slowly, its this point where they will have the most impact. Otherwise the team is the same

AP1GczNCPQBjODb79y261F8GkFNmUjcSf-uXhmJJ

And first we have the Ghost type Acerola to face

AP1GczNABlVxJT2_-Bpq_LJ8NQupGKfssIqinN10

And with her first mon being a special attacker that wastes it first turn on some stealth rock, I get to easily setup with Anankos the Lugia

AP1GczN_tDmzo2SMj_wiwMdUcDJ70qVMT3OzYQ7fAP1GczPbXRrRFVVd5-IQ7AqE9eZGaHaYDZFfhD2nAP1GczM79o22SI9JcJPl7hpB-1hlxbPfS3syufUG

Who is easily sweeping through her team

AP1GczMfoQ7kRzDWbrJZAUT-ae9mySllgzxHvjd5

Until we see her first legendary here, and while it resists the Psychic type move I have been spamming

AP1GczNu70RYlbfeRO80xMD0ALgBq13KTO_APIGW

There was no way for it to take such a boosted Aeroblast

AP1GczO8KtPm6mtIsVNWRjC_aQa3NLaqEVZNx2iA

The easy sweep continues

AP1GczNJoV8Nj0sXP98v07vaNzzyV0ZEf4y0RdoD

Until her last Legedary, who outspeeds, and lauches a brutal 110 pow STAB super effective physical move...that fails because Poltergeist requires me to be holding an item, and I used my flying gem to kill Lunala.

AP1GczNlhrfjjZflS6oDsTI21MIDZzgoisrG2jw4

And so ends the first Elite Four member, with an easy boost and sweep by Anankos.

AP1GczOUS7V2oaPohVxoxpsuKrkraHL5z0Ql9-be

And with no pokemon to replace, trainers becoming so dangerous, and actively trying to avoid rest stops right now to avoid Wahey, I skip as much as I can, just taking a single fight with a trained pokemon that I kill to get my pokemon to the new level cap

AP1GczMuqnrdD_sde_lNlE2elCr6cjLIXruQ8udM

Where we face Gordie here

AP1GczORYSO0MYCD1fAzpuEIGVkMNSWlZZSKR5d5

And he opens with Aerodactyl, so I switch over to my physical booster Bastiodon, but I make the safe move of using protect, and discover it using Fire Blast, so I

AP1GczNxviPkBVmjxItcd12Qi3qf8U-xM76ORpfP

Try to bait it into activating Flash Fire, but it only goes for a taunt instead, I figure this has got to have a focus sash, so I try for a Ancient Power Omniboost, and fail to before it reveals its last move as a resisted Double Edge. I then miss a range to kill (still trying for the Omniboost), before he switches

AP1GczM3ZsiDTWlnuCVHHqwg_mge_VP9CxFLB1OL

To Aggron, and having broken its combination of air balloon and sturdy on the switch, I decide to try for the quad effective kill with Earth Power

AP1GczPJ8UTExL_8Rw6pXEv3_y297AG91Des5V38AP1GczPDKpnSIIHvwZ0X3_7f3Za0Q5pvi5xZlsYd

But he double switches into an air balloon Omastar for free because of that. But Omastar is a special attacker, so I can

AP1GczOpjmEnw3ooj5CExtjJf7-9N6Q2zH2f6NLQ

Switch in and start boosting Anankos

AP1GczN_xUl1ca0d6k6NcI0ylrE0gdbIVpvnd5h6

Although boosting up is a slow process thanks to the permanent sandstorm chip, and it having a super effective Ice Beams, so I spend a lot of time using recover to get all the way up

AP1GczNYmDVjObhgGpRd_ojSRCIJ_Y_7r2ocxao7AP1GczMwQ27a2vDhOHGsdNeeD84pTCAetMV0hENw

And thanks to pressure it takes long enough that the Omastar starts having to use a not very effective Hidden Power to attack me (having run through its Ice Beam and Hydro Pump PP at double speed)

AP1GczMEqqTqLtqL_A5GWaRJI78z2869xX7Hu_l0

Before I finally wipe it out after fully buffing up

AP1GczOoif8tTHzg4De9tr7GaQWWPfS8rbal4zlY

Failing to kill the Coalossal immediately after that terrified me a bit, that +50% special defense the permanent sandstorm is giving all his pokemon making this a bit more dangerous, but a flinch means I am not punished, and it is giving me a powerful benchmark to use in the future, as it tells me almost exactly how much special defense a pokemon has to have to survive a hit.

AP1GczOD7vmiNNOP6Ty_tF32M_4YSqeUaRaslA-l

Although Aerodactyl is still fast enough to get a hit off

AP1GczOQ2KE6wdY6zU1JM1qi9GO2koUqCUv7puw4

And the Drednaw is an easy kill

AP1GczO2uAiWk34mlvqwO5Abhj9SO_z1qg_Y5nfa

...but a focus sash comes in to ruin everything. I wasn't expecting it as it doesn't have the kind of frailty to need it, but they must be building it like a suicidal hazard setter, as its signature move stone ax sets stealth rocks, and a suicidal hazard setter is one of the archetypes the game uses to build its pokemon (the Aerodactyl with stealth rocks and taunt he had earlier was almost certainly of the same archetype), so

AP1GczPfKRJLlVjL1scLr7GxLUmOYq2Y9HzQ_1wY

It can take Anankos down. I could have probably used potions to make it out of this fight just fine, but alas I didn't know I would have to knowing I would one shot here.

AP1GczMAZLLxUBW08WqZ_NemxrFgfubjhH0lrDdGAP1GczOHSOA68l-Sfr-v10uy9hNzLyLO8k_uqNGP

Bastiodon easily cleans up the rest of our foes, but that was a rough loss.

AP1GczOqWX1mQXm_3pUa5X0xzFuFlhqMeUBQCjkz

Once again the game gives me a means of skipping the rest stop, and I take it, after catching a trained pokemon for a replacement, and careful traversal of a route to  the next Elite Four lets me reach the level cap as well, and with some new blood, I think its time to look at the team again

AP1GczMq3ZFgQMU98IEWeGBTUtNHpTEYejDBfQ5VAP1GczO2LD0kn7FO970jQ8R88T_MjJnrZRn53FWu

AP1GczMgLChE_kro_yST2M5LgWF4sX4NzwSdAEvjAP1GczPoJoZmPGEAntqU4i8JrLtSGV5lgNa7SPBA

AP1GczM6I3-akUn1hyHWMm5OVeVkaYoGT-VyueU1AP1GczOFiH2a9JD6RgT9UyhoiflhoJBio3hP3U6w

AP1GczMRbnBWHcUKMfgMgxXBUJVsPVrUE4kgeQz8AP1GczMoEm6muEz8At5Gvx-899YL92_cdxi3Frgq

Our old main stays are all here, with minimal change to them

AP1GczMqI12tMdLk-30Jn3IA6xsq0QkIYbWoS0G4AP1GczOU5vWhG45So31M9_nHbC-HmVp7-WqqWJiK

But here is the newest member. Compared to a Lugia Lifis can not really compare, but at least he is adding some type coverage to the team, and didn't require much to get up to speed.

AP1GczOJz2uyXnmNlHNyyZ9T--Rp4yzOlbxOHsmf

And the Gen 8 opponents continue, and oddly enough Raihan also gets a permanent sandstorm, but

AP1GczP5QKGk19hjaXl88ILmiZBo1KqGw_5hBKkY

His team is only partially able to take advantage of it. It even bites him in the butt early on here

AP1GczPLrmB6kyY9RddjDyLkQRHRkFKAHDErpd0-

As he tries to stall me out with Roosts, but

AP1GczONX3V4FOAfKyT7Mv3ZXPHtlej7ncS4BFfy

Thanks to a lucky poison proc, the sandstorm damage is enough

AP1GczNo2LoDM61VXe2FwJY-YbBRlDDcqCB556cn

to finish the thing off.

AP1GczPMcqSx_DTSbCrOEug2kWOfBmxklxaFULBa

But this monster definitely can take advantage of that sand.

AP1GczMQ4Yz9AVppIfmu6jTwhpOyKL-A2kzYgnis

Switching to Lifis here was both seeing how well the toad takes a hit from this, and hoping it will switch to a stab dragon move instead of earthquake as I switch to the best counter I have for this thing

AP1GczPW_E65uyeIM9LIuVxuMhyj5PYkSEg4Uo-4

In my Scream Tail, but alas he doesn't take that bait, although

AP1GczPV_Fjn8_yyxP8aDwoQuJEPvjOwEutWPGEI

Serra takes the hit just well enough that I can take two and get one hit off, so I should be able to hit potion and hit safely as long as it doesn't crit

AP1GczOLTGvZCJv6R4wjvtT4VnPJvr_6Rs_m6IqU

But alas my first attempt at it is a miss (not all that surprising given the permanent sandstorm and its main ability being sand veil for extra evasion), but he ends up switching

AP1GczOd7proajo9jXvfmWabS_SMVw-IGU90g2hK

...Oh boy.

AP1GczMP9NtS6jeEl9KrFD47Bx_ODSpmfow9252j

At least I read the special STAB steel move accurately, but I am surprised it used a move with such consequences, as it costs the user 50% of its max health to use it

AP1GczMOKtU1cuigGgF-Z1IJcozylmJYX20uIrY1

So I figure I can probably deal with it using a potion or two

AP1GczOsNqtKY05ls3Un_19-HwQPksNFhUdvoiNY

But he surprises me a bit by phasing me out

AP1GczMY6u3hSdeBE95crJnrNShwYbGz7fYc018s

And into someone who can probably deal with this thing.

AP1GczN1L3_V2xXtxLTWZ8LF2e11axZ3bUFQVmxd

And with it debuffing itself using resisted moves, I take the opportunity to heal up Serra to full before

AP1GczNsypXzEaBmFehzVD_tAKADrN6K1G1P-iDb

The Garchomp comes back in, but I know my strat now...

AP1GczPKNn5-_Zu487b65aRYxbp3nfI7Hw_qwogy

But the game really baited me with this one, because this thing was never a Sand Veil Garchomp at all, instead I simply had the 10% Play Rough miss before, and with its hidden ability Rough Skin instead hitting the Garchomp dealt enough damage to finish off Serra

AP1GczO-qFqpSxo4PTxfXgCw4dV8TCsKYX69veQI

But I was hoping Serra dealt enough for Severa to outspeed and finish this monster, but alas, it isn't quite enough, so at this point I am in a position that if I didn't have a bag full of potions I would lose

AP1GczOxoMnOQkr5i7VoRhq4YoIq7oH5OV6ePYqL

As my remaining pokemon are two mons quad weak to earthquake, and an already damaged Lifis who can not take two Earthquakes, so my only options is to spam potions until he runs out of PP for earthquake.

AP1GczOXom73YFg6wdcOvMJJ7woE7Z-jkJaXxMrN

And when it finally does, it starts spamming Scale Shot instead, a multihit dragon type physical move that lowers defense and raises speed every time it is used.

AP1GczOiTzFJmJYtPbfewuO2Ip0olp3sYNoCrg6R

But with Basiodon resisting it so well, I should be fine. Also I am fairly certain this thing has been sitting on the powerful Loaded Dice hold item, which means multihit moves always land 4 or 5 hits.

AP1GczN_1mDqkVlCMl5hBYRpzFhssdMQTvv61NOy

But with it revealing Swords Dance, I decide it isn't that safe to buff up on this beast

AP1GczNqRTc6gV1ZzRv-dTv3_5F8JQqFzsezHT6e

So I go for the kill a little early.

AP1GczPM5DrD5B2S0uaTHWtVCLCXu7AmAvm17e4EAP1GczM8hrEjjs5d6u3WrQWyN64j0VghCWNBUlZg

And with the following Dracovish trying to stall me out a bit with a combination of Substitute and Protect, I am a bit worried about PP, but the sandstorm is putting pressure on him instead of me this time

AP1GczM93DJ0vF1YZRi95gBkdVGHm1ivwhEL_Pwq

So it doesn't take too long to take it down

AP1GczPTuGyHuYvFZFJLFS76_Oxuf39pvCKKUVT_

And with his last pokemon weak to Body Press, Bastiodon can finish this rough Elite Four battle off.

Now I did continue my run from here, but I think this is enough for this update, as I think I will have this game reach its conclusion in the next update...

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

@Interdimensional Observer Stardust Memories is making a comeback to SRW! As a special SRW 3 related event in DD.

And that's not all.

I was wondering the last time Stardust Memories showed up.😀 Despite the seeming ubiquity of it in the olden days was GP02 that memeable?, I while I never checked Akurasu to see when it stopped appearing, I got the idea that it suddenly went extinct after... IDK, Alpha 3? After abundance, scarcity; after scarcity, return.😄

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And that's not all.

I so did not see this coming!

-I got LAL as a bday gift last year -it's still in the plastic wrap. I know of the sci-fi mecha scenario, though I know none of the details. This will make me look more forward to it now.😃

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Come on Square-Enix, allow Xenogears next!

YESYESYESYESYESYES!🤤

With Xenosaga! Namco you already have the Goldion keys to that! And Banpresto, if you're wondering how to square the Gears-Saga lore circle, I've written down a couple ideas.😆

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was wondering the last time Stardust Memories showed up.😀 Despite the seeming ubiquity of it in the olden days was GP02 that memeable?, I while I never checked Akurasu to see when it stopped appearing, I got the idea that it suddenly went extinct after... IDK, Alpha 3? After abundance, scarcity; after scarcity, return.😄

Yeah, it was Alpha 3. Though if we only go by standalone titles, I think A was the last one. Since for Alphaverse it was mostly inertia. Since outside Gato and Kelli showing up to help Char in Alpha 2, the plot of Stardust Memories was already wrapped up in Alpha 1. So A was the last time it had a proper appearance. Well, Impact still came out later I think, but it was a remake. Same for AP, as it were.

Also, good point. Since its debut in 3 and up to A, Stardust Memories had kept a near perfect attendance record. Only missing out on Shin SRW, and SRW 2G (this being a remake anyway, even if it added G Gundam and Victory to the original's roster). But then it was not there in R. Alpha 2 was next, and SM was there. But then afterwards was Compact 3, where SM was once again missing, and then D, making it clear that SM's bask in the sun was over.

-I got LAL as a bday gift last year -it's still in the plastic wrap. I know of the sci-fi mecha scenario, though I know none of the details. This will make me look more forward to it now.😃

Wait, really? Did you got the game mostly because of the LaL peer pressure craze we had here? XD

YESYESYESYESYESYES!🤤

With Xenosaga! Namco you already have the Goldion keys to that! And Banpresto, if you're wondering how to square the Gears-Saga lore circle, I've written down a couple ideas.😆

Maybe they can just ask Takahashi directly... as he hopefully throws in a Skell too to sweeten the deal.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Not gonna lie, I'd probably have flipped if I saw this as a kid

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Using a shark for the head. -Big brain moment.😜

OP said it was that realisation that inspired the whole thing.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AP1GczMFBhOBCFYxdOWgPVm8OevPL3rQsnRyHItR

But accepting it comes with a very long term consequence, as from hence forth I can only have 5 pokemon on my team. Truth be told I probably would have said no if I wasn't playlogging this.

Damm, they really hit you with the "Your party small"

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AP1GczNJoV8Nj0sXP98v07vaNzzyV0ZEf4y0RdoD

Until her last Legedary, who outspeeds, and lauches a brutal 110 pow STAB super effective physical move...that fails because Poltergeist requires me to be holding an item, and I used my flying gem to kill Lunala.

Pffft Poltergeist getting completely invalidated.

And thanks to pressure it takes long enough that the Omastar starts having to use a not very effective Hidden Power to attack me (having run through its Ice Beam and Hydro Pump PP at double speed)

Cracking under the pressure I see.

.but a focus sash comes in to ruin everything. I wasn't expecting it as it doesn't have the kind of frailty to need it, but they must be building it like a suicidal hazard setter, as its signature move stone ax sets stealth rocks, and a suicidal hazard setter is one of the archetypes the game uses to build its pokemon (the Aerodactyl with stealth rocks and taunt he had earlier was almost certainly of the same archetype), so

AP1GczPfKRJLlVjL1scLr7GxLUmOYq2Y9HzQ_1wY

It can take Anankos down. I could have probably used potions to make it out of this fight just fine, but alas I didn't know I would have to knowing I would one shot here.

Shit that's rough.

I have to acknowledge this Kealvor killed Anankos.

Our old main stays are all here, with minimal change to them

AP1GczMqI12tMdLk-30Jn3IA6xsq0QkIYbWoS0G4AP1GczOU5vWhG45So31M9_nHbC-HmVp7-WqqWJiK

But here is the newest member. Compared to a Lugia Lifis can not really compare, but at least he is adding some type coverage to the team, and didn't require much to get up to speed.

Feel a little bad a toad got given Lifis's name, least it should be workable from here?

AP1GczPKNn5-_Zu487b65aRYxbp3nfI7Hw_qwogy

But the game really baited me with this one, because this thing was never a Sand Veil Garchomp at all, instead I simply had the 10% Play Rough miss before, and with its hidden ability Rough Skin instead hitting the Garchomp dealt enough damage to finish off Serra

*sigh, the 90% accuracy trips me up too sometimes.

RIP Serra.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And that's not all.

I so did not see this coming!

Come on Square-Enix, allow Xenogears next!

You wot m8.

The kick and all too, sweet.

It's this, the Bebop and everything else for what I know with SRW. Shows how little I know.

49 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But then it was not there in R.

Gotta make room for Gundam X.😛 Although, I intend to save X for the second run in R. First run will follow the Nadesico, which almost always gets paired with the two-timer Dendoh, so I'd be using that as one of my Supers, with Fiona as the BO lead b/c OGs/OG Gaiden damseled her (and Kouta's sister). -Once R is translated.😆

Wait, really? Did you got the game mostly because of the LaL peer pressure craze we had here? XD

I know Ruben the JRPG-disinterested likes LAL yeah. But I had been aware of Live-A-Live for years, one of those forbidden fruit stuck on the western archipelagic shores of the central/north Pacific. Yet another piece of Square's prolific and creative 16- & 64-bit days. I've done field trips through the relics of yesteryear, so I didn't mind the prospect of exploring HercuLALneum.🎮🤓

-Plus, being a Super Famicom game, it can't exactly be super-long. It's not an action RPG, but could still be lighter faire than some modern non-action JRPGs. Something to mix in between big games.

...I have no idea where it'll fall into my long-term gaming plans. But maybe not until after Triangle Strategy. Only one 2D-HD open at any time?😅

Maybe they can just ask Takahashi directly... as he hopefully throws in a Skell too to sweeten the deal.

Elma in the Ares is all I would ask for.😆

42 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's this, the Bebop and everything else for what I know with SRW. Shows how little I know.

You don't need to know anything going into SRW. It helps, but it's not strictly necessary. Trust me.😄 -A knowledgeable Internet friend can fill in contextual lacunae too.😏

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

46 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You wot m8.

The kick and all too, sweet.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You don't need to know anything going into SRW. It helps, but it's not strictly necessary. Trust me.😄 -A knowledgeable Internet friend can fill in contextual lacunae too.😏

At least some games have encyclopedias you can check as you play.

Gotta make room for Gundam X.😛 Although, I intend to save X for the second run in R. First run will follow the Nadesico, which almost always gets paired with the two-timer Dendoh, so I'd be using that as one of my Supers, with Fiona as the BO lead b/c OGs/OG Gaiden damseled her (and Kouta's sister). -Once R is translated.😆

Maybe I should also take those routes one day too, heh. I do have R (bonafied GBA cartridge that I actually imported, yo!), but I've only taken the Gundam routes. Since more character-related stuff to unlock, as it were. And you know I prefer unlocking characters for the story bits over units and weapons and the like.

I know Ruben the JRPG-disinterested likes LAL yeah. But I had been aware of Live-A-Live for years, one of those forbidden fruit stuck on the western archipelagic shores of the central/north Pacific. Yet another piece of Square's prolific and creative 16- & 64-bit days. I've done field trips through the relics of yesteryear, so I didn't mind the prospect of exploring HercuLALneum.🎮🤓

-Plus, being a Super Famicom game, it can't exactly be super-long. It's not an action RPG, but could still be lighter faire than some modern non-action JRPGs. Something to mix in between big games.

...I have no idea where it'll fall into my long-term gaming plans. But maybe not until after Triangle Strategy. Only one 2D-HD open at any time?😅

I see. Yeah, that era was certainly good for JRPS's and the like.

Elma in the Ares is all I would ask for.😆

Would certainly be nice. But as it is, we have to content with just Xenosaga for now.

TIL Gundam beat FE to Jegans

And now I'm sick too, what fun /s.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

At least some games have encyclopedias you can check as you play.

>Checks the bean

Turns out there are some SRW titles to hand after all, from Game Boy, SNES, WonderSwan and GBA.  No notion where to go from there.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

GVruLCtXoAAnMMK?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Spoiler

Is find the Tardis going to be a theme?

56 minutes ago, Dayni said:

>Checks the bean

Turns out there are some SRW titles to hand after all, from Game Boy, SNES, WonderSwan and GBA.  No notion where to go from there.

Yep. SRW has been around since 1991, after all.

I've always been one to suggest SRW J as a good entry point. Standalone title, has a fan translation done, modern enough.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

And now I'm sick too, what fun /s.

Get well fast.🙂

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

The Wonderswan games (Compact (Color), Compact 2 Parts 1-3, Compact 3), SRW 2G, half of GBA (A, R, D), and SRW4 aren't translated.

This leaves the following, on GB/NES/SNES.:

• Super Robot Wars 1
    • Very simple, no plot to speak of. No pilots either, only robots. Gameplay is very basic too.
  • Super Robot Wars 2 (aka Dai-2-Ji SRW or 2nd Super Robot Wars)
    • Plot is thin, but extant this time. Again, the gameplay pretty dated.
  • Super Robot Wars 3
    • The plot starts picking up a little here, and the gameplay too. But it's still aged. Also rather difficult I'm told.
  • Super Robot Wars EX
    • Gameplay is the same as SRW3. The plot is now divided into three different stories, each with a different lead character.
  • Super Robot Wars Gaiden: Masoukishin- The Lord of Elemental.
    • Inherits the gameplay improvements made in SRW4, which makes it still a little aged, but less so than everything before it.
    • Narratively divided into two halves- the first happening before SRW2, the latter... after SRW EX but before SRW4 I think?
    • It's all Original characters in this game

SRWs 2, 3, EX and Gaiden, all belong to the "Classicverse". They're all set in the same world, though the plot being on the lighter side in these early games, you're not missing out on much if you skip to a later entry. The one exception to the missing-out being Original plot stuff, EX and Gaiden are rather related, since they both focus on the Original fantasy world of La Gias. -The Classicverse ends with the untranslated SRW4, or SRWs F & F Final, the latter being PS1 games that tell an alternative version of SRW4 over two directly-connected games.

Now, for GBA:

• Super Robot Wars J
    • The very last of the seven Super Robot Wars (including an SRW2 port) released on the Game Boy Advance. Has the best graphics and animations because of this.
    • This is your best bet for a mainline SRW on these systems. Still holds up plenty well in gameplay (I ran through it three times last year😆), and the story isn't part of some multi-game SRWverse.
  • Super Robot Taisen Original Generation and Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2
    • "Taisen", because Atlus chose to leave the Japanese for "War" untranslated. -These two games received official translations, not fan ones.
    • The reason these two games were released aboard, is because "Original Generation" means they feature only Banpresto Original characters and robots. No Gundams, no Mazingers, no licenses that you'd have to pay for for each region you release the game in. The lack of actual anime IPs means they aren't "mainline" SRWs.
    • These two games are the start of the OGverse. Which is still awaiting its grand finale two decades after it began.😆
    • Original Generation and Original Generation 2 were later bundled and remade on the PS2 as Original Generations. Which tweaked the plots just a little, added some new story (mostly to OG2, and the addition of a new, separate short story called OGs 2.5), and a few gameplay adjustments/additions too. -But they're mostly the same on GBA. And the PS2 plot additions don't really matter while playing OG 1 & 2 themselves, since they primarily relate to games that haven't been translated yet (-or released, 3rd Original Generation😐).
    • Whilst there is overarching narrative, a few loose threads that'll dangle at the end of each game, they still tell mostly-satisfying stories.

-That should summarize things!😅

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe I should also take those routes one day too, heh. I do have R (bonafied GBA cartridge that I actually imported, yo!), but I've only taken the Gundam routes. Since more character-related stuff to unlock, as it were. And you know I prefer unlocking characters for the story bits over units and weapons and the like.

Niiiiiice!😄