Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fellas, i have come to the conclusion that Bringer of Chaos mode in Xenoblade Chronicles 2......is actually pretty stinky. I enjoyed it during the first half of the game because i appreciated the challenge but the second half of the game is where the difficulty's cracks really began to show. The problems can be boiled down to three parts:

• How Blade Specials and Combos are handled
  • How the Party Gauge and Chain Attacks are handled
  • Rage Strikes

All of these parts affect the other and ends up creating an unpleasant recipe. For the first part, Blade Specials take way longer to charge up. This is mitigated with pouch items, however, at the same time, Blade Combos last way shorter. Even with pouch items, it's still kinda annoying pulling of Blade Combos because 90% of them will end before you can finish them. Then there's the Party Gauge. Like Blade Specials, in Bringer of Chaos mode, this takes forever to raise. So not only is pulling off Blade Combos difficult but pulling off Chain Attacks is also difficult because of how slow the Party Gauge gains are, even with pouch items. Even if you get a Chain Attack, you'll probably not do as much damage as you'd hope. That's assuming you can even get there in the first place which brings me to my next point: Rage Strikes. Enemies with Enraged status are able to do one Rage Strike upon activating Enrage and what a Rage Strike does is triple the damage of an attack as well as erase half a bar of the Party Gauge......per hit. Which means if you get hit by a multi-hit Rage Strike, your Party Gauge is essentially gone. 

So to recap: Blade Combos and Specials are nerfed, making them harder to do. Party Gauge in general is nerfed, making it harder to do Chain Attacks but you also don't want to do Chain Attacks because you'd rather use that for revives. But Rage Strikes essentially make sure you don't even get to use that and there's a 40% chance a Rage Strike just kills you anyway.

In conclusion, Custom difficulty is the actual best difficulty. Which is why i'm abandoning my Bringer of Chaos run and instead continuing with Not Bringer of Chaos a.k.a Custom difficulty where the parameters are roughly the same as Bringer of Chaos but i'm actually able to use Blade Combos and Chain Attacks and Rage Strikes don't exist.

Well, at least you got pretty far! 

Its brutal, I agree. I planned on trying it out in Torna, actually. It'll be easier in Torna, I think. Considering how much better the blades are, and talent artes (swallow's flight, mostly) make it alot more doable, imo. 

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Y’know an interesting fact I found out studio trigger is actually in the credits for Fates. They’re the ones who helped implement the Live2D shenanigans which is interesting.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, despite having gotten the itch again to play an MMO... it's starting to fade again, haha...

No! Play Roblox before it's too late!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why don’t you just go back to sleep?

My sleep is bedeviled with night terrors Sooks, with the blasphemous and lascivious pageantries of yore.

Edited by Wraith

I guess it just brought back the full force of why I had drop out of them in the first place.

The commitment. Becomes more of a chore and less of a game. All of them. MMO's, Gachas, etc. I've already got enough commitments in life to add more.

Ah, forgot to suggest a class to Shrimpy.
Oh well... I'm not good at coming up with that stuff, anyway.

As for what my faction actually stands for... well...
I suggested the separate faction for me, because I know full well that my taste in games does not really match up with either of the "Eternal Rival" factions.
There is actually not much more to it than that. Just this feeling of not really belonging on either side, or anywhere, for that matter.

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Its brutal, I agree. I planned on trying it out in Torna, actually. It'll be easier in Torna, I think. Considering how much better the blades are, and talent artes (swallow's flight, mostly) make it alot more doable, imo. 

BoC and Custom are NG+ exclusive in Torna, which i think is pretty cringe. But i'll give it a try one day.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You are always welcome here, young Fate-ling 😉

Thanks. ^^

Speaking of Fate
I have no clue what is said anywhere, because the entire thing is in Japanese, but I am convinced that Fate/Extra CCC's draft was "Heaven's Feel, but weirder".
Between BB, Passionlip, Meltryllis (which is a f***ing awesome name, by the way. Loving the sound of it), and Sakura herself, there are now FOUR Sakura Matous running around, which is weird enough... but seriously, this game is like... weirdness incarnate. XD
Also Karna is in this, yay!
And so is Elizabeth.

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

BoC and Custom are NG+ exclusive in Torna, which i think is pretty cringe. But i'll give it a try one day.

Well, as much as I love playing through Torna, I'd say I have a good handle on what I can and cant do. 

And of course it gives me another reason to play through it yet again.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Between BB, Passionlip, Meltryllis (which is a f***ing awesome name, by the way. Loving the sound of it), and Sakura herself, there are now FOUR Sakura Matous running around, which is weird enough... but seriously, this game is like... weirdness incarnate. XD

haha

That's still less that the number of Saberfaces out there, and we all know Sakura > Saber

xD

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Facts.

Thank you

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

haha

That's still less that the number of Saberfaces out there, and we all know Sakura > Saber

xD

Bold part: yes.
XD

From what I can gather and understand, BB is this universe's Nep with how she breaks the fourth wall with her "Talk Show" called BB Channel

Spoiler

Q4h4NxF.jpg

best girl confirmed

Also, according to my research, BB, Passionlip, and Meltryllis are part of a group called "Sakura Five".
So... there are two more of them running around. But they aren't in CCC, as far as I've seen.

Also, Meltryllis doesn't have hands.
And she has swords for legs.
Wtf?

In other news, despite getting it annually and KNOWING it barely hurts at all, I still get just a bit nervous in the chair before getting a flu shot.

Why brain? Why? You know it isn’t gonna be bad.