• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

59 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

@Armagon where do you find all the neat Xenoblade 2 artworks? I've been searching around and was curious where they are hiding.

Depends. Fanart I usually just follow Twitter artists. If not Twitter, I go on Pixiv (but for Pixiv, it's safer to look through your recommendeds).

34 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

*angry FE3 fan noises*

Ayyy, one of us.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Depends. Fanart I usually just follow Twitter artists. If not Twitter, I go on Pixiv (but for Pixiv, it's safer to look through your recommendeds).

Got it. Thank you!

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ayyy, one of us.

I do have my hot-off-the-grill (as in February 2019) thoughts on FE3 posted here on SF.:

Things have cooled in the almost two years since then, but I think I'd stand by most of it. Do note I hadn't played 4-6 nor 12 yet at the time I had written that. I do think I might prefer 3 to 12, but I should play 12 again first, I think I need to give it another shake.

Thank you Internet for preserving my thoughts as they were (barring what I kept unwritten), not as I now envision them to be. Truth of what I believed will endure.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof. That sucks... Hopefully it works out better next time. Have determination Shrimperor.

Thanks thanks. I went and spent the last 300G i have to get HP and Def tonic on Nina, so that even the 15% shouldn't kill

inb4 next try the 2% crit happens. I will just give up on the 10k gold then and just get the silence and hightail it out...

To commemorate Xenoblade 2's third anniversary, I've decided to hopefully get more Rare Blades, since I suspect that the random ones I have are all pity Blades. I could get the Crystals that come with the expansion pass, but I would rather not use them until I beat the game.

To that end I got the Lucky Core Crystal from Gluttonous Marrin (though I'm not sure who I'll give it to) and started Crystal Clear. The latter quest requires ten Core Crystals to activate, which is why I didn't use them as soon as I got them (the lucky one, five common, three rare, and one legendary). There are three more fixed non-DLC Blades after this, but two of them aren't available until later and he third requires lots of money. For now, hopefully I'll have better luck with my summons.

Speaking of which, the eShop sale is almost over! First party games don't go on sale very often, so you should get on top of it if there are any games you're interested in.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of which, the eShop sale is almost over! First party games don't go on sale very often, so you should get on top of it if there are any games you're interested in.

I WANNA GET IT BUT I HAVEN'T BOUGHT IT YET

HECK

I wish I had a debit card so I could get it with my own money, and I doubt that my parents will wanna get another game after we got Age of Calamity and Link's Awakening...

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I wish I had a debit card so I could get it with my own money, and I doubt that my parents will wanna get another game after we got Age of Calamity and Link's Awakening...

If you have physical money you could always buy like a visa gift card from a store. It should act like a debit card, but it does comes with some extra inconveniences...

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

HECK

Yeah, I know this feel. And things cost more in Canada so I can totally understand your parents being wary of buying another game so soon.

Maybe you could put Xenoblade 2 on the Christmas list? Or see if they can buy you Torna, which is also on sale for the Canadian equivalent of less than $30.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If you have physical money you could always buy like a visa gift card from a store. It should act like a debit card, but it does comes with some extra inconveniences...

An eShop card would be way easier.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

HECK

I didn't have a debit card until like a month ago, so I know how you feel.

Not that I know how to convince your parents of anything, but you could pass it off as an early Christmas whatever-winter-solstice-holiday-you-celebrate present, since it likely won't go on sale again anytime soon. Or you could just offer to do more chores to pay it off, whatever works.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Problem is that I don't have any way to actually get one because COVID is suck and restrictions are going up. I'm glad that they are, but that comes with both the bad things about it as well.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, I know this feel. And things cost more in Canada so I can totally understand your parents being wary of buying another game so soon.

Yup. And none of us really know anything about gaming in general, so we're all slow to try new things.

(Also since we'd almost certainly be playing it as a family, they'd actually have to be interested in it and they don't really want me playing any more than I do, which is really understandable.)

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Maybe you could put Xenoblade 2 on the Christmas list? Or see if they can buy you Torna, which is also on sale for the Canadian equivalent of less than $30.

True, but I was hoping to get it on sale since it's about 35 dollars off right now if you include tax. I don't mind paying for it now, (or for Torna because I intend to get that while it's on sale as well) but if it's not on sale...Oof.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Or you could just offer to do more chores

Oh dang, this is the best idea. One day to clean the whole house. Wonder if I can skip school to get a head start?

33 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof. That sucks... Hopefully it works out better next time. Have determination Shrimperor.

Someone said determination? 

28 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

There’s an eshop sale?? I should go check it out just in case, since I was trying to minimize Christmas presents since money is tight-ish but...

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

I never actually finished Link’s Awakening... put it down right at the tail end of the game.

You could get it as a Christmas present, right? (Assuming you celebrate it because your profile picture is a character with a Santa hat on and I haven’t seen those associated with any other winter holiday.)

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You could get it as a Christmas present, right?

Yeah, but it'll be 35-40 dollars more expensive. Not including DLC.

Edited by Benice