• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I finally channeled the zen state of mind and initiated my third playthrough of Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker. At last, I began the Triangulum story. So far, I've completed the first day.

As I've said before, I'm wary of whenever Atlus adds new plot to an updated game, barring Nocturne. So far, those fears haven't been realized, thankfully. As it stands, I'm feeling overwhelmed. *In Daichi's voice* So. Many. Woooooooooooooooooooooooords!😵 

I had already recognized that there really aren't that many mandatory battles in the Septentrione story compared to the number of non-battle events. Is it more words than before, or am I just not in the mood for such verbosity? Either way, what's not helping is repetitiveness of "Find X, find Y!", although I am happy they quickly got over one thing they could've easily dragged out. I say I have no interest in Visual Novels, but how wide is my disinterest gap?🤔

From a gameplay perspective, well this being on NG+ because I want to glam up the save screen with all the ending visuals, I could inherit a lot of bonuses. And I did, I got everything except 8 and all demon inheritance bonuses from the Survivor Awards. Now, I could hold myself back even with this and not grind a whole lot, fuse above my level, or equip skills I shouldn't have at this point like Anti-All and Megidoloan. If I didn't do any of that, I could basically have a close to fresh run of Triangulum and feel battles as I should. As is, the first few battles seem like they could be challenging but fun if I hadn't carried over Loki, Titania, Vritra, and Parvati. However, because the first day was short and seemed limiting, I went ahead and cheated my way though it, after the first two battles that is, where I still permitted my leaders endgame-tier skills. Maybe I'll back up and limit myself for the rest of Triangulum now that day one is done. Or, perhaps I'll still feel burnt out from the quality fusion-mania I went through on the first playthrough and instead fuse a Metatron to be wedded to my Loki to summon Mr. Level 99 Demon.

The new character I can't judge from how little I've now seen of them, but the rest of the cast I've reunited with looks like they're still all good. I haven't done any new Fate events yet. Though I did stumble on a totally random Yellow Turban joke, Atlus ought to know them if they throw an ugly Guan Yu in the Hero demon race.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

2020121413162800-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Congrats!😄

But how do you use Overdrive during the Elma rematch? I assumed the game would strip her from your Blade lineup during the fight, and without her, no Overdrive.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But how do you use Overdrive during the Elma rematch? I assumed the game would strip her from your Blade lineup during the fight, and without her, no Overdrive.

Just bring her along. You do need Elma to activate Overdrive of course but after that, you can switch to Corvin and just keep it going.

I did have to restart the Overdrive a few times, Morag occasionally died and I couldn't restart it fast enough. Interestingly enough, Overdrive keeps going even if the person who activated it dies, which is totally not how it works in X. I'm guessing it's because only the one who has Elma equipped can use Overdrive.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I did have to restart the Overdrive a few times, Morag occasionally died and I couldn't restart it fast enough. Interestingly enough, Overdrive keeps going even if the person who activated it dies, which is totally not how it works in X. I'm guessing it's because only the one who has Elma equipped can use Overdrive.

Well, XCX Overdrive applies solely to the person who activated it. It makes sense that if the one character KO'ed that their superhuman awareness ceases. XC2's rendition applies to everyone if I understand it right (I rarely used it in XC2), there are people who still benefit from it even if Elma's Driver dies.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

XC2's rendition applies to everyone if I understand it right (I rarely used it in XC2), there are people who still benefit from it even if Elma's Driver dies.

I looked it up and yeah, the bonuses apply to everyone but only whoever initiated it can increase the counter iirc.

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

...What did they do to you Armagon!?!

They showed me enlightenment. 

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Someone was insane enough to cross Godzilla Junior into the Muppets.

The tank was the most they could get away with in Jr's course of destruction.

Also, I've had a stupid idea: Too Many Sooks.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

So! Just finished Catch-22. It was pretty good.

Also, I'm going on record now and saying that Aarfy sucks.

The novel or some movie I'm not aware of? Because if it's the novel, I had to read it back in high school. I hated the evil that was Milo. The humor usually fell flat. Though my teacher explaining that the Italian prostitute of the dead friend chasing you with a steak knife is symbolism for being chased by one's conscience when in danger of betraying it. Notice the main character isn't caught and stabbed except the one time that sell out the corrupt insanity of the world.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I agree, although I liked what the book had to say.

True. Humor lends itself to aging badly anyhow. I still remember and maintain the distinction between tragic and pathetic my teacher taught during one of the chapters, and the book's later mention of the triple "vus": deja, presque, and jamais vu. Also its minor mentioning of the concept of subjective time, which is quite relevant in the world's current ordeal I'd say.

Welp, Raphael just reached A+ reason. Nice.

Also, I'm ending the game with 6,666 gold... I need three hundred and nine gold now

Edited by Benice

39 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wat? xD

It's a triple-hybrid show called Gal & Dino. The first half of each episode is anime while the second half is live-action. Additionally, there are two segments within the anime half of an episode where it's stop-motion.

And that's about as much as i can say about it, you gotta watch it for yourself to truly get it. 

Just now, Benice said:

nO sHe's 1k yEarS old, it's LEGaL!

First off, older than that, but obviously beside the point.

(First, it was a missed opportunity Adult Sothis wasn't used, we know her design exists. Second honestly that makes Byleth the one being predated on arguably and the dynamic involved is messed, though imo Rhea might be worse. Third, I've already made that mistake, jail would be a mercy.)