• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Otherworldly Fighter: Redux is a bullet hell. Even on the cheesiest of Custom difficulty, I'm still getting my ass kicked. So this is what it feels like to do that challenge on a non-NG+ file.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Tbh, hearing them described that way makes me not want to bother with them. I don't mind that kind of JRPG with movement approach for something like Trails with its grid movement, but when I'm looking for strategy, I want something more complex than that.

Keep in mind my opinion is only one opinion, one that may be a little too critical of FFT. You may want to seek out others. 

Also, because I was crunched for time when I wrote the above post, the difference as to why I like the Devil Survivors I think can be summarized as two things. The first, is that the games feel quicker than FFT, maybe because they're more modern, maybe because they actually are fundamentally. The second, is they don't "pretend" as much to be SRPGs, they, use SRPG grid movement, with some of the demon racial skills playing with it, but their JRPG nature is more transparent, more effectively carried out, and perhaps more integrated into the SRPG grid at the same time.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Otherworldly Fighter: Redux is a bullet hell. Even on the cheesiest of Custom difficulty, I'm still getting my ass kicked. So this is what it feels like to do that challenge on a non-NG+ file.

Yup! Thats how it is.

Priority no. 1 was getting that Seal Reinforcements up. After that, I let Nia and whoever the third wheel was die, and then the fight turned into one long trial of never getting caught in an Elma Driver Combo that'd kill me. This meant Morag running away nonstop, using Corvin's level 1 Special whenever I was a safe distance away from the Elmas and repeating that over and over and over. Corvin was chosen because the level 1 special heals wicking away any damage Morag was still taking, and Morag could keep running as Corvin did the attacking. Plus Corvin is Light to Elma's Dark, so slightly more damage.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Hello,

just wanted to update that I'm feeling............... alright considering current circumstances.

Funeral will take place on wednesday and then a new timeline will start...

Anyways I won't continue the LP of Rune Factory 4, at least suspend it for unknown time, same goes for posting here in general since I simply am not in the mood.

I wish you the best!

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Priority no. 1 was getting that Seal Reinforcements up. After that, I let Nia and whoever the third wheel was die, and then the fight turned into one long trial of never getting caught in an Elma Driver Combo that'd kill me.

That's what I'm doing except Nia and Tora have done a good job of staying alive. Except for when Nia gets aggro, then she's RIP.

I've learned that applying a Dark Blade Combo on one of the clones is better because you'd apply Seal Reinforcements on all without potential triggering Elemental Awakening.

After that, it just becomes a matter of taking out the clones without doing another full Blade Combo. Once the real Elma is left, activate Overdrive because doing a Chain Attack is probably a bad idea.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yup! Thats how it is.

I was wondering, but aren´t Elma´s attacks (beyond AA) all ranged? So maybe the Jamming Aux Cores can help (if you have access to them)? And Brighid has the same effect on her Affinity chart.

And can´t you still do a Blade combo that ends in Seal Reinforcements?

3 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

was wondering, but aren´t Elma´s attacks (beyond AA) all ranged? So maybe the Jamming Aux Cores can help (if you have access to them)? And Brighid has the same effect on her Affinity chart.

She has some physical attacks but more evasion is always a good thing so I'll try Jamming Aux Cores.

5 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

And can´t you still do a Blade combo that ends in Seal Reinforcements?

I mean, I can, but Corvin is the God of Evasion whereas Elma is......pretty good at evasion.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ngl, that's pretty based.

On the topic of FFT, the games difficulty spikes... are poorly done. Some battles you can only win off luck, unless you know beforehand what's coming of course. There are alot of instances of this, as the opponents usually have better classes +inherent bonuses for said classes and such. 

Edited by lightcosmo