• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Alright, that's it. I give up. 

I know @Interdimensional Observer managed to do it but as a word of advice to future players, i would not recommend trying to get Elma before completing the main story on a non-NG+ file. You can, it is possible because Observer did it, but i spent the last two hours trying every conceivable strat i could come up with and i nearly threw my pro controller across the room.

Do not suffer this pain please. I'm gonna go watch Gal & Dino now, i need something funny.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I know @Interdimensional Observer managed to do it but as a word of advice to future players, i would not recommend trying to get Elma before completing the main story on a non-NG+ file. You can, it is possible because Observer did it, but i spent the last two hours trying every conceivable strat i could come up with and i nearly threw my pro controller across the room.

Do not suffer this pain please. I'm gonna go watch Gal & Dino now, i need something funny.

It's not THAT bad...

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

669224472003215360.png?v=1

Dang fe6 music is great.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Death to the Pizza traitors!

We have betrayed no one! Pineapple is the most virtuous of all toppings! Rise up, members of the pineapple gang. We will defeat those who have oppressed us for far too long!

——

I picked up Pokemon Platinum today (like started playing, I didn’t buy it because I already have it). I’m not sure why. That seems to be the reasoning behind a lot of my play through choices recently...

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Pepperoni and bacon gang rise up.

Although I like pineapple pizza, my favorite will always be meat pizza. As far as specific toppings go I like pepperoni and sausage, but I like it when places have a ‘meat’ or ‘meat lover’s’ pizza where they just stockpile it on there, despite not having had one of those very often.

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

One of the best world map themes I've ever heard, I'd say...

I have left it ages to finish the endgame. I should probably end it.

This game deserved more credit. This soundtrack's really good as well, probably one of my favourites not from the usual suspects on the SNES.

Ah, yes, the Quintet Trilogy deserves better. No ports, no rereleases, nothing in the past 25+ years. Then again, that seems to be the case with almost all of Quintet's repertoire. Only like, the first Actraiser got a port to the Wii VC, but other than that...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well, you tried.😃

I'm the lunatic for wanting Elma so much that I'd go through the ordeal that it was. I forget how many tries it took me. But the in old messages I wrote that I spent 39 minutes on the successful fight.

And although it is highly unlikely that I would attempt a second run of XC2, if I did I think I'd go NG+, delevel the characters, tone up the difficulty by tweaking Custom. And then I'd do what I like to often do with FEs, that being a gendered run. Time for some theorycrafting fun (XC2 SPOILERS!) :

Spoiler

Now, a full three-Driver team totally devoid of one sex or the other is impossible in XC2 even on NG+ with the Story Blades lock removed, due to Tora being stuck with Poppi and there not being a third female Driver. To deal with that, I'd grant Morag honorary male status, and declare Poppi's femininity enough to give Tora the third slot on a female-only run. 

I'd be more interested in attempting a male-only playthrough, because in terms of Blades, I think females outnumber males to a perceptible extent. I'll take the underdogs. I would have to make do with :

1. Roc
  2. Dromarch
  3. Wulfric
  4. Aegaeon
  5. Boreas
  6. Dagas
  7. Vasara
  8. Godfrey
  9. Gorg
  10. Floren
  11. CorW1N
  12. Shulk

And five of the seven NG+ only Rare Blades that I don't have. Thats 17 males, compared 30 females, counting Pyra and Mythra as one and excluding Poppi and her other two forms, if I've done my offhand counting correctly. Lopsided, but a Rare is a Rare and a Rare is good, and I only wanted nine, 17 is almost double that. 

Now, what would I do about most of the early game? Do I use Custom to make a difficulty bearable for a Rex solo while I leave my second and third slots empty? Or do I accept the cretin help of a catgirl and a fat otaku and their moebot?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And although it is highly unlikely that I would attempt a second run of XC2, if I did I think I'd go NG+, delevel the characters, tone up the difficulty by tweaking Custom. And then I'd do what I like to often do with FEs, that being a gendered run. Time for some theorycrafting fun (XC2 SPOILERS!) :

Reveal hidden contents

Now, a full three-Driver team totally devoid of one sex or the other is impossible in XC2 even on NG+ with the Story Blades lock removed, due to Tora being stuck with Poppi and there not being a third female Driver. To deal with that, I'd grant Morag honorary male status, and declare Poppi's femininity enough to give Tora the third slot on a female-only run. 

I'd be more interested in attempting a male-only playthrough, because in terms of Blades, I think females outnumber males to a perceptible extent. I'll take the underdogs. I would have to make do with :

1. Roc
  2. Dromarch
  3. Wulfric
  4. Aegaeon
  5. Boreas
  6. Dagas
  7. Vasara
  8. Godfrey
  9. Gorg
  10. Floren
  11. CorW1N
  12. Shulk

And five of the seven NG+ only Rare Blades that I don't have. Thats 17 males, compared 30 females, counting Pyra and Mythra as one and excluding Poppi and her other two forms, if I've done my offhand counting correctly. Lopsided, but a Rare is a Rare and a Rare is good, and I only wanted nine, 17 is almost double that. 

Now, what would I do about most of the early game? Do I use Custom to make a difficulty bearable for a Rex solo while I leave my second and third slots empty? Or do I accept the cretin help of a catgirl and a fat otaku and their moebot?

The only issue with that is your affinity charts will still be maxed, making the game still to easy unless your playing BoC mode. 

Not that it doesnt sound fun, just its lame that you cant reset your Blades afdinity charts, too. 

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Only like, the first Actraiser got a port to the Wii VC, but other than that...

The fact that Actraiser got something is at least some comfort.

Though there's an option on the switch now, maybe I'd consider picking a certain package if the game list was better.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The fact that Actraiser got something is at least some comfort.

Though there's an option on the switch now, maybe I'd consider picking a certain package if the game list was better.

An option?

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I was referring to their set up with NSO, but that's irrelevant for these games while they're not on there.

True.

I wonder if the problem is in the rights. Quintet as a company seems to have disbanded, or at least, they went quiet. As such, the state of the rights to their games is in limbo. Enix, then SE, used to publish their games, but it's hard to say if they hold those publishing rights anymore. The Wii port of Actraiser was done before Quintet went AWOL, so depending if the license is still active, SE could rerelease it again if they wanted. But only Actraiser. The rest not so much. Unless some clear answer is given regarding their status. Even dropping to abandonware would do wonders on that front.

@Benice did you say you started encountering ambush spawns in chapter 5 of hard mode in Three Houses? Because I just did that one and not a single one of the reinforcements were ambushes. Just checking, because I’m keeping an eye out for them.

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

Just tactics rating IIRC.

Oh, thanks!

Hooooollly makerel, Faye just ORKO'd Vester. Easily. Wow. That's...Wow.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Benice did you say you started encountering ambush spawns in chapter 5 of hard mode in Three Houses? Because I just did that one and not a single one of the reinforcements were ambushes. Just checking, because I’m keeping an eye out for them.

Nope-I recall running into them in chapter 6, (Or whenever you go to rescue Flayn) chapter 15, (or whatever the bridge of Myrddin one is) chapter 21, the Ingrid/Dorothea paralogue and the Petra/Bernadetta paralogue. I am pretty sure that the latter two were range reinforcements that I triggered at the end of my turn, though.

---------

When someone says that Berwick Saga has bad hit rates:

TbzjQB7.png