Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I would like to play some bright Kirby game which can kinda warm up my broken heart.

Could anyone give a recommendation about a classic Kirby game (no spin offs)?

Games I have completed yet:

• Dreamland 1
  • Dreamland 2
  • Dreamland 3 (playing through right now)
  • Superstar
  • Return To Dreamland
  • Triple Deluxe

I own a 3DS, Wii and Switch, so any game which can be played on mentioned devices.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Will rebuy Return to Dreamland since it was just a wonderful enjoyable game, even as a single player.

Still the best of this series.

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So here's something new I learned today

2020121320415100-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4

2020121320415300-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4

2020121320415700-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4

I find this kinda funny because I have heard some people got lost on the way to Fonsa Myma, thinking they had to use the giant stairs to get there. And funnily enough, it turns out that the giant stairs actually were used as the entry point at some point in Uraya's history.

10 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Planet Robobot on 3DS is the best one imo.

48 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I really love Kirby's Epic Yarn, which is on the Wii. It's a little different from other Kirby games, (No health, no infinite jumping, powers work different) but I really, really enjoyed it back in the day. Great soundtrack, cute visuals and good level design.

Edited by Benice

Top six for battles:

Spoiler

Ignatz: 149B, 58W. I only started using him at around chapter 17, where he went from lv. 11 archer to becoming a war master and one of my best units. Took a little work, but Killer Gauntlets+ did the trick for ORKO'ing.

Raphael: 207B, 86W. Hilarious. He was actually pretty good due to his ability to nostank quite well. Spent most of the game as a dark bishop but ended off as a Sorcerer.

Lorenz: 208B, 84W. Hands down MVP of part one. He won MVP of six maps there, but was much better than that. Took basically no damage and doubled in return. He fell off a lot as the cavalier's speed growth slowed him down, but remained a good contributor 'till endgame. One of the few who made it into a master class, being a Dark knight.

Lysithea: 254B, 135W. Ridiculously good. She could OHKO almost all of the Wind Caller's HP bars. As a Warrior, no less.

Byleth: 278B, 128W. Was pretty good throughout. My only really consistent unit. I just used Enlightened one for him.

Aannnd

Claude: 315B, 137W. I barely used him in part one. Probably about 20 battles, tops. And he just went insane after timeskip, OHKO'ing everything in sight with an Iron Bow+ from the very moment he promoted into Barbarossa. And he never even got Death Blow.

Honorable mentions to:

Spoiler

Cereal: 61B, 25W. I used him off and on. He eventually became a bow knight for endgame. Never was really that great, but point-blank volley came up clutch from time to time and gave him something to do every turn.

Annette: 24B, 11W. She sucked. She was at level 28 and had 13 speed. 13 SPEED. I liked her rallies, though.

Dorothea: 21B, 13W. Pretty bad. I used her only in chapters 19-Endgame, but snuck her into Mortal Savant. She kind of held her own, but I mostly just used her for physic.

Bernadetta: 18B, 12W. I wanted to do the Battalion Wrath/BVantage combo but got lazy and didn't end up doing it.

Flayn: 6B, 3W. The only casualty of the run, only was deployed once, I chose not to reset because that map was amazing, and when I'm enjoying a game's difficulty, (which I really did for that map) I like soft ironmanning.

Ingrid: 87B, 18W. She was my dancer. Started off ridiculously good, having 20 defense when timeskip hit and was unhittable, dealing really solid damage in return. I was able to put literally wherever I wanted with no fear. Fell off both in tankiness, damage and dodginess, but a dancer is a dancer, and she certainly was never a liability to keep alive.

Petra: 101B, 44W. Recruited her the literal day before timeskip, and I'm glad I did. She was mediocre until I put her into wyvern, her speed took off and she doubled everything. She basically became Faster, weaker and less tanky Claude. That's not a bad thing to be. My lone WL, which I put her into for endgame. Pulled her weight whole game through.

Hilda: 62B, 24W. She was really good. I stopped using her because she can't get access to WM and I'd been using her basically only with gauntlets and axes.

And finally,

Leonie, 141W, 50W. Much like Lorenz, astoundingly good pre-timeskip, fell off later. She was just as tanky as Lorenz was, but was even faster and dished out more in return. Unfortunately, she got speed cursed, (at level 32, she only had 21 speed as a paladin, which is yikes for a unit with innate 60% growth,) and very quickly went from Star to terrible. Lesson learned from this: Cavalry classes are pretty suck on Hard, aside from the mounted spellcasters.

Other than that, Shamir, Hanneman and Manuela combined for 19 battles and 10 wins, seven of those being Shamir, who only saw 8 battles.

And because nothing gets me like a game ending, I got teary at the end. I'll probably play VW again someday.

Funnily enough, almost every unit I'd used had between 19 and 23 defense, with Annette, Hanneman, Manuela and Shamir missing out below, Raphael, Ignatz and Claude missing above.

And the Sothis S-support was really weird.

10/10, would do it again.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And I have a fanfic that's  about an ISOT in MLP...

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And I have a fanfic that's  about an ISOT in MLP...

An ISOT?

Greetings Teehee thread, nothing to report.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

LET'S GOOOOO!!!

MAGE RAPHAEL KILLED NEMESIS

FINALLY DONE WITH VW

Great...Time for AM on maddening.

So, I imagine it wasn't like that time where I killed Nemesis with Raphael. The one I still don't shut up about.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Byleth: 278B, 128W. Was pretty good throughout. My only really consistent unit. I just used Enlightened one for him.

How is it everyone says Byleth is good, but for me, no matter what class I put them in, they end up dealing lacklustre damage compared to everyone else by the time-skip? Am I just getting screwed that hard? *Looks up growth rates and class bonuses*... well apparently, yes. Yes I have. All this time I assumed he had to have around 30 strength growth before class bonuses. But no, it's 45. And HERO HAS A PLUS TEN MODIFIER. AND SO DOES ENLIGHTENED ONE.
... at least he was tanky. Even if he decided that he didn't want to do real damage to anyone who wasn't a mage.

28 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

How is it everyone says Byleth is good, but for me, no matter what class I put them in, they end up dealing lacklustre damage compared to everyone else by the time-skip? Am I just getting screwed that hard? *Looks up growth rates and class bonuses*... well apparently, yes. Yes I have. All this time I assumed he had to have around 30 strength growth before class bonuses. But no, it's 45. And HERO HAS A PLUS TEN MODIFIER. AND SO DOES ENLIGHTENED ONE.
... at least he was tanky. Even if he decided that he didn't want to do real damage to anyone who wasn't a mage.

Hey, I can never get Byleth good at strength, either! I did have Byleth at around 43 speed, at most though, which was pretty lucky I guess.

29 minutes ago, Wraith said:

How many? 

I've been through the game seven times off memory. I think Byleth took my comments about him being the game's Navarre to heart.

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey, I can never get Byleth good at strength, either! I did have Byleth at around 43 speed, at most though, which was pretty lucky I guess.

Well someone knows my pain. Guess there's a lesson about 45%, or even 55% being far from guaranteed. Even if they look good after staring at Shadow Dragon growths.

27 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I despise those lemmings with a fiery passion. Finding a way to keep them alive is always obnoxious.

While I've complained in the past enemy A.I. can be extremely dumb in these games... the green unit still makes the most inane decision of the adversary look like it came straight out of The Art of War.

2 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Well someone knows my pain. Guess there's a lesson about 45%, or even 55% being far from guaranteed.

Yup, I've also had Edelgard with 12 speed, which was a nightmare. Hopefully that never happens again. Xd

Another day, another... progress? But for what cause... hmmm...

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

An ISOT?

^

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Greetings Teehee thread, nothing to report.

Lucky...

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Lorenz: 208B, 84W. Hands down MVP of part one. He won MVP of six maps there, but was much better than that.

Hacker.

I'll probably play VW again someday.

Your feelings on the game confuse me.

And the Sothis S-support was really weird.

10/10, would do it again.

Pick F!Byleth and S-Support Dimitri this time!

Great...Time for AM on maddening.

Saving the best house for last eh?