• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

tbf, I'm pretty sure the only reason that he used that kind of durability and capture was so that it was less like FE and therefore sue him. It's possible that this isn't the case, though.

I honestly prefer shield having hitrates in Berwick, but I feel that their base hit chance should have been buffed for the most part since it doesn't get effected by Commander. I think.

Edited by Benice

23 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Seems redundant for someone in full armor to need to carry a shield though.

That's how Armors are usually depicted as tho haha.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

tbf, I'm pretty sure the only reason that he used that kind of durability and capture was so that it was less like FE and therefore sue him.

I've said it before, half of Berwick's mechanics are actually neat and thought out and the other half was just Kaga trying to not get sued.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

I honestly prefer shield having hitrates in Berwick

imo, combat needs less RNG, not more.

Hit rates and crit are enough, and crits should be ultimately nerfed (except for killer weapons and crit classes).

Edited by Father Shrimpas

39 minutes ago, Benice said:

tbf, I'm pretty sure the only reason that he used that kind of durability and capture was so that it was less like FE and therefore sue him. It's possible that this isn't the case, though.

I honestly prefer shield having hitrates in Berwick, but I feel that their base hit chance should have been buffed for the most part since it doesn't get effected by Commander. I think.

Solution: Don’t be stupid enough to leave fe.

——

I have never had an armor knight that can tank any better than your average paladin in most FEs, but in Three Houses, Dedue, for example, can do tons of damage and take none. Granted, the only armor I’ve used outside of Three Houses (and Conquest but they’re useful there to) is Oswin so maybe I shouldn’t have made that claim...

I wonder why movement never felt like an issue in 3h then. 🤔

Maybe I gave them boots and forgot about it.

Edited by Sooks

I’m going to use Manuela as a holy knight this play through only because I’m going to use Hanneman as well and he will obviously be a dark knight, and I think that will be a cool dynamic.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Yet despite shields existing Armor knights in Berwick are still useless

3 Mov...

How would you make them more useful, then? While allowing them to still fulfill their role, of course. Being realistic, as well.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Solution: Don’t be stupid enough to leave fe.

The day I left FE was the day I discovered what a true quality SRPG looks like.

Yet despite shields existing Armor knights in Berwick are still useless

3 Mov...

Even more than the three mov, I think what really screws over Marcel and Derrick is the existence of M-shields. Those things have barely less defense and are available on far better units.

Also, RNG shields is a bad idea

Frankly, I don't find them to be any more of a bad idea than RNG weapons (by which I mean the hitrates, not the durability). Berwick Saga has some questionable RNG mechanics, but shields ain't one of them, in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

How would you make them more useful, then? While allowing them to still fulfill their role, of course. Being realistic, as well.

Derrick being bad is kind of important, but for Marcel, there's just one adjustment I would make: Lose the Slow skill. Why the heck does he have to be stuck at 3 move until level 15? Just let him walk at the same pace as everyone else. Goodness, his movement type is already bad enough with terrain, there's no need to randomly take movement away from him too.

I think part of the other problem is that in every FE I've played, (So, FE13, Conquest and Revelations are exempt, as are FEs 1, 3 and 5) Wyverns are literally armor knights with twice the movement and speed. Armor knights don't have an exclusive claim on defense at all.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

I think part of the other problem is that in every FE I've played, (So, FE13, Conquest and Revelations are exempt, as are FEs 1, 3 and 5) Wyverns are literally armor knights with twice the movement and speed. Armor knights don't have an exclusive claim on defense at all.

“bUt ArMoR kNiGhTs ArEn’T wEaK tO bOwS”- the devs, probably

@Father Shrimpas @DragonFlames 

So they announced the localization of that Neptunia Vtuber spin-off, coming to Steam as well unsurprisingly. RIP the Switch tho.

Also the game is JP dub with English subs only, though unlike Atelier, this is only just for this game. IF cites the costs of Vtuber licensing as the main reason as to why they aren't English dubbing this game. 

The three of us know that Neptunia spin-offs are very hit-or-miss so I'm just gonna wait and see. But I'm not a Vtuber fan so I'll probably skip.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Marcel, there's just one adjustment I would make: Lose the Slow skill. Why the heck does he have to be stuck at 3 move until level 15? Just let him walk at the same pace as everyone else. Goodness, his movement type is already bad enough with terrain, there's no need to randomly take movement away from him too.

Plot twist: Marcel is actually from the Valkyria Chronicles universe, it explains why he has has an objectively detrimental skill until a certain requirement has been met.

5 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Final working day of 2020.

When I have come through the funeral tomorrow, this horrendous year finally has come to an end...

I mean I don't care what next year will bring, but I'm afraid to see a pattern.

2019: dad died

2020: mom died

2021: .......I don't want to spell it out

Anyways I will stop fanning fear since I just have to accept my fate, it can't be changed anyways.

Will spend my freetime to play some chilly games to calm myself down.

I doubt this holds any ill portend for you, and yours. Odd as this sounds its very common for loving spouses to follow their partners in the 1-3 year span after their deaths, thanks to the stress of heartbreak exacerbating all kinds of medical issues.

I don't know if you want this kind of suggestion, but I have found it cathartic to play games that touch on themes of death, when dealing with that kind of grief myself, and if you think that will help, I would suggest looking into Persona 3. Moving beyond the death of a parent is something that game touches on late into the game, and if you want to explore these ideas in the safer space of a game, it might help.