• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

It might as well, since Black Riders have all excellent shield rank anyway. They rarely fail to block.

What's more important is that reflection damage only triggers at 0 range.

I've had them fail against me more often than they should, and I'm alright with that.

Logically, Assassins knife shouldnt fail more than once per battle, but I've had rounds where out of 6 total fights with an assassin, theyve gotten only 1 crit. Now if that were guaranteed? Well, let's just say that wouldnt be very fun.

Edited by lightcosmo

That moment when you're a game about the Japanese mafia and the cutthroat world they lived in...And then you have a chicken work as a manager for your real estate business.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

That moment when you're a game about the Japanese mafia and the cutthroat world they lived in...And then you have a chicken work as a manager for your real estate business.

Is there some Yakuza x Animal Crossing crossover game I'm not aware of?

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is there some Yakuza x Animal Crossing crossover game I'm not aware of?

Nope.

I present to you the Nugget scene from Yakuza 0.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe shields should be done as SRW does it.

For mechas that allow for it, they have a Shield skill that when activated halves any incoming damage. Barring exceptions like the "pierce all defensive stuff" Seishin. It comes in levels, max level nine, and the activating rate is X/16 chance. Shield skill levels are gained by level up for the most part (and not everyone gets to reach level nine).

I remember the E Fields in the OGs were good, G Wall was fairly worthless, G Territory was limited to being good for mechs that were already very durable, and TK Fields were about the same. Beam Coats and AB Fields were niche, since they covered but a single weapon type. DoubleImage was great, though I never relied on it, nor did I do the little joke of tossing a Hyperjammer on a battleship and watch that ginormous thing dodge stuff. I can only wish something came with those boss-only Warp Fields.

The above said, I'd be fine with those things modified and tossed into FE. 

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I remember the E Fields in the OGs were good, G Wall was fairly worthless, G Territory was limited to being good for mechs that were already very durable, and TK Fields were about the same. Beam Coats and AB Fields were niche, since they covered but a single weapon type. DoubleImage was great, though I never relied on it, nor did I do the little joke of tossing a Hyperjammer on a battleship and watch that ginormous thing dodge stuff. I can only wish something came with those boss-only Warp Fields.

The above said, I'd be fine with those things modified and tossed into FE. 

Well, those are Barriers, not Shields, but yeah, anything that could reduce incoming damage was great...

Or a nightmare! Damn you Aura Barrier! Try taking down Aura Battlers when your Supers have low hit rates, and your Reals' most accurate weapons... are beams which Aura Barriers defends against!

Overall best barrier was always the AT Field. Anything 4000 and below damage gets nullified. Enemies with it is not a big hassle when you can hit much higher than that...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

FE3 Book 1 is done. That was a hecking fun time, even with the jank.

iuUCtk2F_o.png

Well, it was a fun time for me at least...*cough* *cough*

u7f8yojd_o.png

Guess Marth can go take Palla out sometime then...

Seriously though, I really liked playing through FE3 Book 1, largely thanks to having fast-forward. That made the speed of the game much more bearable. I wouldn't say it's better than FE11, but I enjoyed it a bit more than I do FE11, if that makes any sense. I like reclassing and all that jazz, but the simplicity of FE3 was good regardless. I have been converted to the FE3 cult, you might say.

I'll probably go straight into Book 2 pretty soon. Looking forward to it.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

'll probably go straight into Book 2 pretty soon. Looking forward to it.

By the way, you have to complete Book 1 with no deaths to unlock book 2.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

No, that's not true at all. I was able to start Book 2 way before I got into Book 1.

Isn't that a thing?

Ah well, guess I'm just dumb.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

How would you make them more useful, then? While allowing them to still fulfill their role, of course. Being realistic, as well.

Give them real def values and make them actually tank

Aside from Gatrie in RD and Effie in early to midgame conquest, no armor unit can tank well, and end up taking way too much damage without dealing enough

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

his movement type is already bad enough with terrain

And his paralogue is a terrain map lol

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Wyverns are literally armor knights with twice the movement and speed. Armor knights don't have an exclusive claim on defense at all.

This as well. Wyverns need to lose some mov and spd.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

The three of us know that Neptunia spin-offs are very hit-or-miss so I'm just gonna wait and see. But I'm not a Vtuber fan so I'll probably skip

Same.

And damn it woke up on 2 am again...

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Yup. If I were to make an FE that had about TH level of growths, (Only counting personal for simplicity's sake) I'd give them six movement, low speed and have their defense growth be at about 30-35% max.

Dang, woke up at my IQ x 2 'O clock... OOF.

Edited by Benice

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Give them real def values and make them actually tank

Hey I’m not the only one!

Just speed, imo.

Can you go back to sleep?

One thing I forgot to mention, and the only complaint I really have is that I couldn't reposition my units before starting the maps. Unless there's something there to let me do it and I'm just an idiot.

It really only mattered for endgame, but not being able to plan where I wanted my units led me to not be able to strategize well. I lost several units because of that.

Wait, never mind, taking like over a quarter of a Gundam's HP while all you have is a wyvern and a lance is a merit of its own...

... that's not okay... hitting the Nu Gundam just ain't happens... damn you game mechanics giving the guy over 70% to hit...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

One thing I forgot to mention, and the only complaint I really have is that I couldn't reposition my units before starting the maps.

FE6 did it first! I think Thracia kinda let you reposition, but it was based on deployment slots or something, so you couldn't actually see where people were very well. I could easily be mistaken again.

And I think TearRing Saga lets you reposition.

I think Thracia kinda let you reposition, but it was based on deployment slots or something, so you couldn't actually see where people were very well. I could easily be mistaken again.

That's kinda how it works in FE3. Except for endgame, where groups are split up, there's no possible way of knowing where they'll be.

And I think TearRing Saga lets you reposition.

You kinda can in TRS, but you have to know which deployment slots go where.