Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Happy birthday, @lightcosmo!

5 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

My target is now to make my mom happy and proud by doing things she would like to see me doing.

You can do it, Julian! You are already making her proud!

Edited by Father Shrimpas

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Kasumi Yoshizawa I can't really say anything much that could change the awful that seems to have been the last while for you, I can only hope that things turn from there for you and .that those you still have with you are as well as I wish you to be.

As an aside, I was giving myself the cheapest depressants around (Looking at politics and the consequences of inaction), so here, something completely off topic.

Spoiler

I know, I know, Heroes is cursed.

Oh hey it's @lightcosmo's birthday. Happy birthday!

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Time for best Xenoblade 2 boss theme to celebrate!

*headbanging intensifies*

Based.

Although for best boss theme in the game, I think I'm gonna have to go with

26 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

35-58a4e6b27af413a4e431be3b133ab96e9570e

Girl on the right gave me Momo Mizrahi vibes

MOMO.png

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

...Well that's interesting. The guy who wrote Death Note may have ripped off the idea from a 1959 J.G. Ballard short story called Now: Zero. Huh. 

Original ideas stopped existing a long, long time ago. Media has now shifted to taking existing ideas and doing your own thing with it.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh hey it's @lightcosmo's birthday. Happy birthday!

Based.

Although for best boss theme in the game, I think I'm gonna have to go with

Girl on the right gave me Momo Mizrahi vibes

MOMO.png

Original ideas stopped existing a long, long time ago. Media has now shifted to taking existing ideas and doing your own thing with it.

Both the short story and the concept of the Death Note are shocking similar to one another. There's a thin line between homage and plagiarism. 

Edited by Wraith

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Time for best Xenoblade 2 boss theme to celebrate!

*headbanging intensifies*

When was this played?

Was it against Malos in Torna?

This song feels unfamilar to me.

57 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

You can do it, Julian! You are already making her proud!

51 minutes ago, Dayni said:

@Kasumi Yoshizawa I can't really say anything much that could change the awful that seems to have been the last while for you, I can only hope that things turn from there for you and .that those you still have with you are as well as I wish you to be.

As an aside, I was giving myself the cheapest depressants around (Looking at politics and the consequences of inaction), so here, something completely off topic.

Reveal hidden contents

I know, I know, Heroes is cursed.

Good luck! I know you’ve made her proud already, but if you can keep doing those things then I say go for it.

Thanks for the kind words!

Anyways I will stop talking about this right now.

I cry out today, but life must continue.

I must see the  positive in the future.

Happy Birthday @Lightcosmo

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

Just now, Wraith said:

Both the short story and the concept of the Death Note are shocking similar to one another. 

That's more common than you think tbh. If we go back in time to the 50s, Godzilla was very similar to The Beast from 20,000 Depths. It's been cited as one of the main inspirations.

2 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

When was this played?

Was it against Malos in Torna?

This song feels unfamilar to me.

Whenever you fight Ahkos, Patroka or Mikhail.

The exception was the Ahkos/Malos tag team fight in Ch.3, which uses Incoming instead.

Speaking of death note I really need to read Bakuman at some point.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Both the short story and the concept of the Death Note are shocking similar to one another. 

Yeah and so are a lot of stories. There is no such thing as an original idea anymore. If it’s not a direct copy paste then I don’t see the issue also you just can’t beat Takeshi Obata’s art. That man mentored Yusuke Murata. The man is one talented manga artist

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Both the short story and the concept of the Death Note are shocking similar to one another. There's a thin line between homage and plagiarism. 

Interesting. Modern media often likes to pull from the past in combination with new ideas. Like Three Houses and the Three Kingdoms of China.

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

There's a thin line between homage and plagiarism. 

I mean, yeah, but that's not what's happening here.

Plagiarism would be shit like someone writing a manga called "Kill Note". 

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Interesting. Modern media often likes to pull from the past in combination with new ideas. Like Three Houses and the Three Kingdoms of China.

Not just modern media, media's been doing this since the early 1900s. Maybe even earlier.

A lot of people say original ideas don't exist anymore but idk how many would say they stopped existing before the 20th century.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Not just modern media, media's been doing this since the early 1900s. Maybe even earlier.

A lot of people say original ideas don't exist anymore but idk how many would say they stopped existing before the 20th century.

I mean, yeah. Definitely. I just mentioned modern media as it's something I'm familiar with.

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Can wraith go five seconds without trying to discredit a Japanese creator?

Can you not be so defensive? It was just a statement. Yeesh.

You don't see me getting up in arms when people go "Kaga did it first!" even when that isn't necessarily the case.

Can you not be so defensive? It was just a statement. Yeesh.

You don't see me getting up in arms when people go "Kaga did it first!" even when that isn't necessarily the case.

It’s just a pattern I’ve noticed with him honestly. Like I wouldn’t be so defensive if it was just a one time thing but I’ve seen him try to discredit Japanese animators and mangaka constantly(see his two threads on anime if you wanna see more on that. I’m not saying he’s racist but I do get the impression that he’s trying to say that these creators are incapable of telling good stories. If I am wrong on that he is free to correct me but that’s just the impression I get).

3 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

It’s just a pattern I’ve noticed with him honestly. Like I wouldn’t be so defensive if it was just a one time thing but I’ve seen him try to discredit Japanese animators and mangaka constantly(see his two threads on anime if you wanna see more on that. I’m not saying he’s racist but I do get the impression that he’s trying to say that these creators are incapable of telling good stories. If I am wrong on that he is free to correct me but that’s just the impression I get).

He’s not saying the guy is incapable of telling good stories, he’s just saying that it’s surprisingly similar to another story.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

He’s not saying the guy is incapable of telling good stories, he’s just saying that it’s surprisingly similar to another story.

Like I said this is not the first time I’ve seen him act condescending towards Japanese creators. He’s made two other threads where he’s gone record to state that Japanese animation does not hold a candle to literature in terms of storytelling quality and while not explicitly racist does dance at its border.

8 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

And? If he thinks that, so what? Conflating an artistic medium with a race is inane.

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Like I said this is not the first time I’ve seen him act condescending towards Japanese creators. He’s made two other threads where he’s gone record to state that Japanese animation does not hold a candle to literature in terms of storytelling quality and while not explicitly racist does dance at its border.

But that’s an opinion about a style of animation; not a race. He shouldn’t have to hold a higher opinion of entertainment simply for hailing from a county that isn’t his own.

And? If he thinks that, so what? Conflating an artistic medium with a race is inane.

I don’t know about you but I think over-generalizing the artistic work of a nation which is a culmination of that nation’s cultural ideals, beliefs, and values and calling it all garbage is a little ethnocentric if not racist. Saying “Japanese people can’t write good stories” is just a little racist if you ask me.

“TURN YOUR COMPUTER OFF AND ENJOY THIS SNOW/WINTER WEATHER!!!!!

IF THERE WAS GRADED WORK ASSIGNED TODAY YOU GOT A [teacher] ADORES YOU 100!

NOW GO DO SOMETHING ELSE.”

My teacher is great.