• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I have questions.

Dio. In Spiderman 3?

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4710291

It's a joke about the current cast in Spider-Man 3. If you haven't heard, the next MCU Spider-Man movie is pretty much gonna be live-action Spider-Verse since we have confirmation that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are set to come back, reprising their respective roles as Spider-Man. In addition, some of the villains from both movie franchises are also coming back, being reprised by their actors. And today, we got confirmation that Green Goblin and Sandman from the Sam Raimi trilogy is also gonna be in the movie.

Either this movie's three hours long or it's bloated as fuck but I'm intrigued either way.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, but.

WRY!?

Heh

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Dang it, Marvel will include Dio in their movies but not any incarnation of Venom? What has the world come to?

I absolutely expect them to put in Venom, although imma be upset if it's the Spider-Man 3 version and not the standalone movie version.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Is this a good thing...?

It's not real but it would be funny.

48 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

When it comes to FOW Berwick definetly did it very well. Ch12 (the apostle one) is a very good example of an almost perfect fog map.

I see praise for Heretic God. I'm content.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's a joke about the current cast in Spider-Man 3. If you haven't heard, the next MCU Spider-Man movie is pretty much gonna be live-action Spider-Verse since we have confirmation that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are set to come back, reprising their respective roles as Spider-Man. In addition, some of the villains from both movie franchises are also coming back, being reprised by their actors. And today, we got confirmation that Green Goblin and Sandman from the Sam Raimi trilogy is also gonna be in the movie.

Either this movie's three hours long or it's bloated as fuck but I'm intrigued either way.

GG and Sandman from the Raimi movies too? All three have reps now.

Poor Amazing Spiderman, though I know completely why as someone who's seen both and not the Raimi movies.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

GG and Sandman from the Raimi movies too? All three have reps now.

Yeah, although the Amazing Spider-Man rep just boils down to Spider-Man and Electro cause there isn't really anyone else, whereas the Raimi side has Spider-Man, GG, Sandman and Doc Ock. I mean, Lizard and Green Goblin could be other ASM reps, sure, but idk if they wanna have two Green Goblins. On the bright side, they can potentially be in an actually good movie now.

Also I forgot to mention but Daredevil from the Netflix TV show is also gonna be in, with the actor reprising his role.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, although the Amazing Spider-Man rep just boils down to Spider-Man and Electro cause there isn't really anyone else, whereas the Raimi side has Spider-Man, GG, Sandman and Doc Ock. I mean, Lizard and Green Goblin could be other ASM reps, sure, but idk if they wanna have two Green Goblins. On the bright side, they can potentially be in an actually good movie now.

Also I forgot to mention but Daredevil from the Netflix TV show is also gonna be in, with the actor reprising his role.

I'd argue Lizardman would be a good choice, best of of the AS villains, maybe Gwen Stacey too (though they might have a SpiderGwen for it as well, though I would not complain if she was also Emma Stone)

Is Venom from Venom any good? Haven't seen it myself. (Yeah, I did see that about Daredevil too, will he be treated as from another universe I wonder? Will this be him brought back from the cold?)

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is Venom from Venom any good? Haven't seen it myself.

I haven't seen it either, only clips. However, Venom from Venom is an actual character whereas Venom from Spider-Man 3 is basically just a suit that Eddie Brock wears.

Thus, Venom from Venom is the best choice if they're gonna bring him in imo.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(Yeah, I did see that about Daredevil too, will he be treated as from another universe I wonder? Will this be him brought back from the cold?)

Well Daredevil is canon to the MCU, so I doubt he'll be treated as from a new universe. But they could use this to jumpstart the Netflix shows again. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well Daredevil is canon to the MCU, so I doubt he'll be treated as from a new universe. But they could use this to jumpstart the Netflix shows again. 

I say that because I know most of the old TV shows were pushed back from being canon, though I don't know if Daaredevil was off the top of my head.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I say that because I know most of the old TV shows were pushed back from being canon, though I don't know if Daaredevil was off the top of my head.

Oh. They aren't. Damn, that kinda sucks. Guess they wanted to wipe the slate clean for their upcoming Disney+ shows.

So I guess Daredevil would be treated as from an alternative timeline then.

I'm pretty excited atm - I have my final class of the semester tonight, and I'm gonna start playing and recording Berwick Saga MinRec this weekend. Will still need to figure out editing and such, but I've figured out OBS pretty well. 

Also, the main challenge of the Berwick run is to try to maximize rating while never paying a dime for mercenaries and only recruiting units who cannot be avoided. This means that, for example, I'll need to come up with a decent strategy for stuff like the 6-m Ortmann kill without Daoud or Owen. It's... not gonna be easy, that's for sure.

Well, that's it. I have finished all eight stories of Octopath Traveler.

I gotta say, @Sooks, I enjoyed Therion's story more than Tressa's. Therion's supporting cast were all interesting, his conflict with his final boss was cool and got proper build-up throughout his story, and he got some neat development despite his edginess. Tressa had Captain Leon... And... Yeah, Captain Leon. Everything else about Tressa's story was trash, honestly. Especially her bosses. The pirate bros were funny, but wow, all the others were so underwhelming. Especially the final boss. I'd heard about her, but she was even worse than I thought she'd be.

As playable characters, though, that's another story. Tressa was good. Not the best, her damage output was far inferior to H'aanit's, but she was fine. Therion, on the other hand, did nothing other than break enemy shields, lower enemy defenses and use merchant's OP skills. Thief really is a sucky job...

From here, I think I'll go for the secret jobs, then I'll see if I'll have the patience to try the super boss. I hear there's a bunch of grinding involved, which is just... No, thanks. But we'll see.

Incidentally, ever wanted to hear Seteth laughing maniacally? Well, here you go (Mild spoilers for Octopath Traveler). There's a bunch of voice actor overlap between FE and OT, but "Seteth with a bad Irish accent" is the most hilarious instance, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

This means that, for example, I'll need to come up with a decent strategy for stuff like the 6-m Ortmann kill without Daoud or Owen. It's... not gonna be easy, that's for sure.

Send Derrick at him.

What do you mean, you can't get Derrick? Surely Derrick bypasses the rule by virtue of his sheer awesomeness, right?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Surely Derrick bypasses the rule by virtue of his sheer awesomeness, right?

Ah, if only. No Derrick, no Searching, no Lockpicking, no pleasantries. Only pain. And hopefully some cool, newly-translated dialogue in the epilogue once that new patch is finished. 

Hell, I won't even have a single Axe user. All of the Axes I ever get will just be free money for Jonathan's pockets.

12 minutes ago, Spara said:

I'll need to come up with a decent strategy for stuff like the 6-m Ortmann kill

Would Aegina with Pallas Riana and the brace that gives her +2 magic do the trick?

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Would Aegina with Pallas Riana and the brace that gives her +2 magic do the trick?

If all 4 hits with that connected on base magic Aegina, that would deal 20 damage. If she got a couple levels, and got a high roll on all hits with Focus Chant, though, it might be possible.

6 minutes ago, Spara said:

Ah, if only. No Derrick

What a shame... Well, all jokes aside, what Benice said sounds like a decent idea. Maybe rig a rapier crit with Reese, too?

And hopefully some cool, newly-translated dialogue in the epilogue once that new patch is finished. 

We can only hope! Those lines have been a thorn in Aethin's side for ages. Discovering the files where they were located was already difficult enough, but it seems inserting the translations is also giving him and Lightgazer trouble! I'm sure they'll manage it eventually, however.

Hell, I won't even have a single Axe user. All of the Axes I ever get will just be free money for Jonathan's pockets.

The one bright side to having 6 units for the entire game is that you get to purchase plenty of furniture with those Dad Funds!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Maybe rig a rapier crit with Reese, too?

I don't think it's possible to have the Colichemarde (or whatever it's called) yet, but I think that it'd work really well if it did.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

That honestly sounds like a pain xD

Good luck, man!

Thanks! I think actually figuring out the strats will be pretty fun, though there will inevitably be some pure pain involved. 

We can only hope! Those lines have been a thorn in Aethin's side for ages. Discovering the files where they were located was already difficult enough, but it seems inserting the translations is also giving him and Lightgazer trouble!

Oh yeah, I've heard that the script in the files was an unorganized mess to deal with. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The one bright side to having 6 units for the entire game is that you get to purchase plenty of furniture with those Dad Funds!

Maybe I'll finally see the max-furniture room this playthrough. Probably not, but who knows? Plus, speed pot for Adel sounds pretty nice. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe rig a rapier crit with Reese, too?

That could deal a nice chunk of damage, too. With those two combined, that's basically a guaranteed kill, but Aegina would still need to get a point of magic for any semblance of reliability. 

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I don't think it's possible to have the Colichemarde (or whatever it's called) yet, but I think that it'd work really well if it did.

Colichemarde would be better, but the Rapier could still do some mean damage with a crit. Add that to the Pallas Riana, and I think there might be a chance... though it might be more trouble than it's worth.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

But why can't Daoud be used in this run when Aegina can?

Aegina gets recruited on a mandatory map from the very start - Daoud can be missed, and therefore he will be missed. I'll have to take similar measures with Larentia, Marcel, and Burroughs, too. 

Jus t now, Spara said:

Maybe I'll finally see the max-furniture room this playthrough. Probably not, but who knows? Plus, speed pot for Adel sounds pretty nice. 

Send screenshots of the room if you manage it!

Just now, Spara said:

That could deal a nice chunk of damage, too. With those two combined, that's basically a guaranteed kill, but Aegina would still need to get a point of magic for any semblance of reliability. 

Oof... I was going to suggest giving her the liquid magic, but of course, Enid is still available, and you're definitely gonna want Pallas Leia as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

So basically, it's the live action Spider-Man equivalent of

smash-bros-5-everyone-is-here-snake.jpg

If they are bringing in a collection of previous Spider-Man villains, it would be strange if Venom was left out. Hopefully he'll be included in some way.