• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

For those who dont know, Sephiroth is out for Smash.

*If you beat the Sephiroth challenge. Which isn't very hard to do, even on the highest difficulty.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why are all Spaniards brigands in your eyes?

On account of not being Japanese.

Former Isolationism rules!

Oh don't get me wrong, neither are on the upper echelon. For me, I'd say the ranking of the stories goes: Cyrus > Ophelia > H'aanit > Primrose > Olberic > Alfyn > Therion > Tressa. Make no mistake, however - I enjoyed them all, even Tressa's.

Why am I not surprised?

Anyway, I enjoyed all of them as well. But a big part of that comes from me having to work up to them, yet they were good enough for me to like them. I think if I had to rank them myself it would be something like Primrose > Cyrus > Olberic > Ophelia > Therion > H’aanit > Tressa > Alfyn. But my memory on some of the stories isn’t doing so good.

About Esmeralda? I had heard she has nothing to do with anything in the story, and that she just appears out of nowhere because we gotta have a boss. That's all true.

I thought I knew who you were talking about by the name and so I Googled it but... nope. I’d be able to go back to all the story scenes if my game card didn’t decide to die on me. Maybe I could find something on the internet...

Uh... Actually... Ahah, eh... This will upset you, but... I kinda, sorta... Replaced her with H'aanit on the main team.

But Runelord Tressa!

Ah, well, have fun not being able to beat the final boss.

Design wise Tressa is easily my favorite, I love the way her design pops. And her character is about money, and is fun to use so... yeah. I want to say she’s want of my favorites, and she is, but I have to acknowledge my bias to her personality being really likable. Narratively, I think Olberic and Primrose have something better going on, and maybe even Ophelia, but she’s... so likable...

2 hours ago, Benice said:

...How the heck are you supposed to kill the death knight without Dark Spikes?!

A lucky crest proc from Ferdinand with knightkneeler.

That‘s how I've done it all three times this play through....

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Okay! I've figured out a way to take down the Death Knight! Using Hilda's seal speed, I can bait the DK with her. The seal speed will bring him out of doubling range against Leonie's Steel Lance Knightkneeler. The catch being that she needs exactly one point of speed to not get doubled. I can get her the level easy enough...It just means redoing the first four turns until she decides to get her 50% growth in it. Three times without success so far...But each failure brings me one try closer to succeeding!

Also, doesn't Lysithea get Dark Spikes at B? How the heck is one supposed to get her to B in reason in chapter four?!

Focus exclusively on it.

Anyway, Hilda doesn’t get one rounded by the death knight in chapter 4!?

I guess it doesn’t matter, knowing you, she’s gonna hit the bench as soon as you have someone to fill her slot...

——

I did not realize how fun and great chapter 14 of CF was. Sure conquering the entire Alliance in two chapters isn’t cool, but the map and gameplay itself? Superb. One of my new favorites in the game. It reminds me of something you would find in Conquest which everyone should play.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Anyway, Hilda doesn’t get one rounded by the death knight in chapter 4!?

With full rallies and gauntlets, no. But it doesn't work either way because you have to damage for the seal skill to take effect. Frick... I have no clue on how to beat it... I'll get lucky enough for Hilda or Lysithea to use their crests eventually, I hope...

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I guess it doesn’t matter, knowing you, she’s gonna hit the bench as soon as you have someone to fill her slot...

Nope, don't wanna get softlocked. I'm not certain that I'll hold onto her since her levels have been mediocre thus far, but she seems somewhat promising.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

So...folks who bought Cyberpunk 2077 are getting refunds because of how awful the game runs. That doesn't happen everyday.

Oh yeah, saw that this one had a ton of hype behind it. Shame that it didn't pan out...

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

9 years of development and that's the best they could do. That's just pathetic, tbh.

NINE YEARS?! Holy banooca, I can see why there was hype for it finally being released.

22 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

So...folks who bought Cyberpunk 2077 are getting refunds because of how awful the game runs. That doesn't happen everyday.

And that's a maybe, because while CDPR is saying yes to refunds, Sony is saying no.

I honestly know nothing about this game. I don’t even know if I’ve heard of it before...

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

With full rallies and gauntlets, no. But it doesn't work either way because you have to damage for the seal skill to take effect. Frick... I have no clue on how to beat it... I'll get lucky enough for Hilda or Lysithea to use their crests eventually, I hope...

Gambits.

You should have money and some authority rank one some units right? If you have four units who can manage to not be one rounded and enough potential healing output you should be able to just surround him and chip away.

But I have yet to play that much of lunatic... do you have those things..?

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nope, don't wanna get softlocked. I'm not certain that I'll hold onto her since her levels have been mediocre thus far, but she seems somewhat promising.

She is really good by the way.

Axe boon + lance boon + flying boon = wyvern lord = the game is over.

On the Death Knight, I did this before, even without Seal Spd @Benice: Copying my description in Rubenio's Berwick LP:

Also, back to my experience of chapter 4. I had to reset once. It was not DK related. It was related to me mistakingly getting Leonie murdered because generic mages are a pain in the early game. My DK strat was pretty simple actually. Take one unit with 9 AS and a strength stat not a multiple of 5 (If multiple of 5 10 AS is fine). Buff with Rally Str and Spd (From two units with D authority that I already have) to get them 14 AS. Get them to take out the archer in DK's range, sit someone behind (Stride being used to allow higher movement for those around, mainly convenience and to take out the mage on the other side to be safe because if not they can kill). DK attacks, doesn't double and if he doesn't crit we continue (Because that's sadly still a problem.). Next we bring him down into Dark Spikes range with gambits and we're done. All this for pretty good hitrate, especially Lysithea on 98%.

Still pissed I didn't record it, I had him taken out with Hilda, Marianne and Lysithea. Three enemies bodied him.

That was cool.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Gambits.

You should have money and some authority rank one some units right? If you have four units who can manage to not be one rounded and enough potential healing output you should be able to just surround him and chip away.

They deal from 0-3 damage because he has commander.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But I have yet to play that much of lunatic... do you have those things..?

I don't think that the resources that you get change? You do get half the exp (at least from what I can tell) compared to Hard, so growing units and skills is REALLY hard. As in, my Byleth is level 7 and I've used her a ton. Also I named her Gadget for no reason at all. I guess I thought Professor Gadget and Inspector Gadget sounded similar...

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Dark Spikes

Oh...

That...Might be a problem.

Welp, time to restart Maddening.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Oh...

That...Might be a problem.

Welp, time to restart Maddening.

Where are you at right now? I want to see how salvageable it is.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh never mind

FFFFFFFFFFFF

Man...I don't know if I've ever seen something that hyped get that clapped so quickly.

Also can I get a refund on TH because of how poor it performs?

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Where are you at right now? I want to see how salvageable it is.

My switch is about to die, but currently at ch. 4. I've got a fairly solid team thus far and have quite a few saves, just I'm not sure how far back I'll have to go to reach B in reason for Lysithea, since she ain't even close (roughly 140 exp away from it)

I think I may have found a way to get it, though. We'll see. Thank you for your advice! If things don't pan out, I'll try again tomorrow.

WHO THOUGHT THAT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GIVE THE SCYTHE OF SARIEL A BLOODY 30 CRIT RATE

Edited by Benice

29 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

9 years of development and that's the best they could do. That's just pathetic, tbh.

Nine years of development is also what you call "Development Hell". Usually, games bear some scarring from that. Jokes might have lost their zeitgeist, mechanics that might've been fine originally become cumbersome due to people getting used to better quality of life, shifts from from one console or development engine to another jar the game from a technical perspective, the game for other reasons such as narrative and theme changes force a scrap and rebuild, dev team members change. I've never played a game that went through development hell, but those I think are possible outcomes of that.

And someone mentioned this game being made via crunch a week ago? Well, thats not incompatible development hell, because eventually the pressure could become so great to release a game that they have to rush it in the end. 

I'd think someone has been keeping track of this game's development cycle and the various interviews the developers gave and trailers presented. These kind of slow-burn calamities will get painstakingly archived I would think, see Final Fantasy XV. 

If a game takes nine years to develop, it isn't operating on a preplanned strategy of slow and steady wins the race. It's that somewhere along the way, things got unfocused, maybe too ambitious. -Or so I would think.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Sigh...

Another reset...Prolly just restart the chapter 'till Lysithea gets Dark Spikes. Or...Actually I could go around the DK... Regardless, I've gotta charge the switch.

Man I wish TH had a Jagen.

32 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

9 years and they still had to resort to crunch. :v

And couldn't even put out a game that didn't induce seizures. v:

24 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

But you need to have two teams to beat Octopath's final boss anyway. :v

Can’t you only have one character in each secondary job? I thought he implied his primary team would get all the secondary jobs.

Say, if you’re knowledgeable, how much grinding would you recommend I do to beat the final boss if I ever pick the game up again? It absolutely obliterated me every time and I didn’t know what to do.

12 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Truely my eternal rival

For wanting a unit you don’t have to use?

Edited by Sooks

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

For wanting a unit you don’t have to use?

Jagen archetype is a mistake, and the series would do better with it completely gone :p

Infact now that i think about it, the games i like either have unusual jagens or take the jagens away from you early :p