Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Bad music joke, don't worry about it.

And I was referring to one character from a certain game who uses a weird weapon (without a defined name ingame, I was using the name a game guide gave the weapon type), and all of his special attacks are named after musical terms, one being Intermezzo. Hence it came to mind. Just to explain my end of it.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and all of his special attacks are named after musical terms.

This makes me think Jr. From Xenosaga Episode I, haha. Not relevant I know, bit I thought I would share.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, it's kinda relevant, since I too was thinking of Monolith from the early 2000s, but not XS.😄

Great minds think alike, then! 

It's really too bad Xenosaga II and III took that image away from him. 

Also, I hope I'm not spoiling anything?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

And there we go, reset time. Maybe I should grind...

Is Benice abandoning the cult of Kaga? Is he free??

35 minutes ago, Benice said:

That moment when you get Paladin Elice in an FE11 draft...

You’re doing a draft?? 😮

Good luck!

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thats vague enough thats it's fine to me. 😉

Well good, I dont want to ruin any surprises in case you plan on giving those games a try. I reccomend them highly of course! Xd 

I would say Xenosaga III>I>II but you know that already and I am easily overjoyed at talking about such an amazing series! Sorry about that.

53 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well good, I dont want to ruin any surprises in case you plan on giving those games a try. I reccomend them highly of course! Xd 

Oh, I intend to, but PS2 emulation is not currently in the works for me. Nor emulation at all right now. Next year, maybe I'll get a nice gaming laptop, but it won't be for Xmas, and because it's a big purchase and I don't have an independent income just yet, it might not be for quite awhile.

Also, Xenosaga Episode 2.5: Frauen treffen Fuchs Frau comes first for me when I do get PS2 emulation.* Sounds weird, but considering my first real encounter with Kossy as a character was in a... "relative" to that, I want to go back to that odd game before I immerse myself in Xenosaga proper.

*I wrote "Women meet fox woman" into Google Translate and thats what it gave me in German. If you don't know the game which I'm giving a jesting renaming to,, it's Namco X Capcom.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I had a burger with an egg on it! What a pleasant surprise! It was delectable, as always.

I definitely need this game again...

I’m going to beat the final boss on my Ophelia file when I get it again, and then probably go back and restart. I think I’m going to pick Tressa but a bit of me wants to pick Primrose... really, I kind of want to pick all of them except for Ophelia, Olberic, and Therion haha.

Edited by Sooks

Done with the story mode. Final boss was really long, but not too though. Having experience in shoot'em ups thanks to Touhou came in handy. Still need to grab about 25 blocks, and for most of them I have no plan yet what to do. Overall I really liked the gameplay. Was like Triple Deluxe just with having a bit more variety thanks to robot form with all its abilities. Also a big compliment to the level design; was really great. Of course I'll do (true) arena and complete 100%. Also there are two games or rather series I can tolerate mechs: Trails of Cold Steel series and Kirby Robobot

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nah, you're fine. I never felt you put Berwick on a pedestal, you're just passionate about it since it's your favorite game of all time (or one of them anyway).

Ah, well, that is reassuring. Thank you.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

I had a burger with an egg on it! What a pleasant surprise! It was delectable, as always.

I definitely need this game again...

I’m going to beat the final boss on my Ophelia file when I get it again, and then probably go back and restart. I think I’m going to pick Tressa but a bit of me wants to pick Primrose... really, I kind of want to pick all of them except for Ophelia, Olberic, and Therion haha.

C Y R U S

...Seriously though, Cyrus is really good as a starter. Automatically unlocking a weakness for every enemy at the start of every battle is extremely handy (I really missed that ability when I was using the B-team), and his damage is through the roof. So yeah. Cyrus.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, I intend to, but PS2 emulation is not currently in the works for me. Nor emulation at all right now. Next year, maybe I'll get a nice gaming laptop, but it won't be for Xmas, and because it's a big purchase and I don't have an independent income just yet, it might not be for quite awhile.

Also, Xenosaga Episode 2.5: Frauen treffen Fuchs Frau comes first for me when I do get PS2 emulation.* Sounds weird, but considering my first real encounter with Kossy as a character was in a... "relative" to that, I want to go back to that odd game before I immerse myself in Xenosaga proper.

Ah, well I understand. 

It doesnt sound weird at all! Playing the series is playing the series, no matter where you start from! 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

C Y R U S

...Seriously though, Cyrus is really good as a starter. Automatically unlocking a weakness for every enemy at the start of every battle is extremely handy (I really missed that ability when I was using the B-team), and his damage is through the roof. So yeah. Cyrus.

Cyrus was probably my best character ngl. Since he was on my main team I did give him a secret job, so that probably helped.

If you’re curious, my main team was the one that spells out OCTO. I even picked Ophelia to get the characters in Octopath order, although I didn’t plan to use the OCTO team. Just like you!

Edited by Sooks

Hello~, everyone! 😄

---

I'm officially convinced that December is the worst month.
December 3 years ago: stomach cramps daily
December 2 years ago: daily breathing issues
December this year: a cold that won't go away, migraines, and a 200% messed up sleep schedule

Me catching up on sleep is the largest reason I haven't been here in... I think three days?
Though looking back, it's probably better that way.

---

In any case, stuff like that aside, I have recently picked up one of the three most wonderful games in the world again or at least one that has come to mean a lot to me.

And yes, just hearing this music got the tears flowing again.
Hindsight is a b****

I got this game for my birthday this year, and while it technically didn't come out this year, I'd still name this my personal game of the year. Because damn, I love it!

Edited by DragonFlames

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello~, everyone! 😄

Hey hey. *waves*

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm officially convinced that December is the worst month.
December 3 years ago: stomach cramps daily
December 2 years ago: daily breathing issues
December this year: a cold that won't go away, migraines, and a 200% messed up sleep schedule

Me catching up on sleep is the largest reason I haven't been here in... I think three days?
Though looking back, it's probably better that way.

---

F

Hope you're feeling better soon.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Cyrus was probably my best character ngl. Since he was on my main team I did give him a secret job, so that probably helped.

Another perk of having Cyrus as your protagonist is that you get the best boost lines out of the bunch.

I know everyone loves "my focus is unparalleled!", but personally, I'm more of a "now the true lesson begins!" kinda guy. It just feels to me like the most badass thing to say right before blowing a dude to smithereens.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you’re curious, my main team was the one that spells out OCTO. I even picked Ophelia to get the characters in Octopath order, although I didn’t plan to use the OCTO team. Just like you!

Well, there's only so many characters in the game. It's not that unlikely to pick the cute naming theme team by complete accident.

There's also another thing: if you hadn't noticed, the OCTO and PATH teams correspond to the "noble" and "rogue" groups of path actions. Their characters, too, could be classified as "nobles" and "rogues": Ophilia is the Flamebearer herself, whereas Primrose is a disgraced noble turned borderline slave dancer; Olberic is reknowned in the entire world as one of the strongest men alive, H'aanit is a humble huntress from a secluded village in the forest; Tressa is a cheery merchant, Therion a gloomy outlaw.

The glaring exception here is Cyrus and Alfyn. You'd think the genius scholar from the most prestigious academy in the world who teaches a friggin' princess would be the one with the noble path action, but no. It's Alfyn, the rando from a tiny riverside village. I guess Cyrus is too annoying to be noble. Hah! It adds to his charm, I believe.

Nevertheless, what I'm trying to say is, it's easy to pick either of these teams by accident, if you're looking to have one of each path action in your team. Helps that their starting cities are also rather close by in the world, OCTO all being in the eastern side of the map, PATH being in the west.