• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

On a whim, I decided to try one of the games that all the great music I've heard came from. Been hecking fun so far. First time playing a bullet hell game too.

Easy mode of course, since I'm a scrub, haha.

What I wouldn’t give to be naturally emotionally expressive and to not have a flat, unchanging voice...

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm... over sixty views, no feedback...

Pretty standard fare, if I do say so myself.

I only read the prologue, because right after that was when I realized it was 1:30 am. I should get back on that...

Me: *reads about a part in CrossCode where you have to do three full-length dungeons back-to-back*

Also me: *is about to start that part of the game*

IMG_20200803_165832.jpg

@Shrimperor if you were being fed up with the dungeons before, I think you may have dodged a bullet by stopping it when you did.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Huh, someone thinks Genealogy remake's guaranteed. Nothing's certain until it's out.

If that does happen, it'll be the first Fire Emblem game I skip buying.

Well that's incorrect, I skipped FE Warriors.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Chapter... 6?

Ten. I strode Lysithea to Luna OHKO Kronya and post-cutscene, Byleth was warped to Kronya's heal tile, where she ORKO'd Solon with Thunderbrand.

Also, I'm trying to train up a level 6 Hilda in chapter 11. Send help.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

if you were being fed up with the dungeons before, I think you may have dodged a bullet by stopping it when you did.

If only the game had a skip puzzle button

Because i really enjoyed the combat...

I've heard the puzzles get even more evil

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Plot twist, it's an official localization of the original.

And it'll only be available for a few months.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If only the game had a skip puzzle button

The puzzles themselves are fine imo, even if my lizard brain is too dumb to solve some of them without a walkthrough (also you can change how fast timers are). The problem is the quantity, most of them are pretty short but there are simply just too many.

Depending on the game, you could do two or three Zelda dungeons in the amount of time it takes to do one full-length CrossCode dungeon.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I've heard the puzzles get even more evil

If I were a game journalist, I'd say CrossCode is the Dark Souls of Zelda-likes haha.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The problem is the quantity, most of them are pretty short but there are simply just too many.

Yeah, definetly. I think if everytime i played the game for a few hours my brain didn't turn to mush from the puzzle amount i wouldn't have stopped.

Spending like 5 hours trying to fo puzzles always took the fun out of the game from me.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If I were a game journalist, I'd say CrossCode is the Dark Souls of Zelda-likes haha

Lmao

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't tell me that was the reason you were pulling a late-nighter...

I was implying the opposite. I read the prologue, saw that it was 1:30, and promptly tried to sleep.

It didn’t take me long at all, if that’s what you thought.

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ten. I strode Lysithea to Luna OHKO Kronya and post-cutscene, Byleth was warped to Kronya's heal tile, where she ORKO'd Solon with Thunderbrand.

Completely unrelated but how likely is it to convince you to S support someone who isn’t Sothis?

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, I'm trying to train up a level 6 Hilda in chapter 11. Send help.

I love Ests! I should have used Sophia in fe6... her growths aren’t very good though.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And it'll only be available for a few months.

And gen 2 will be additional DLC.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I was implying the opposite. I read the prologue, saw that it was 1:30, and promptly tried to sleep.

It didn’t take me long at all, if that’s what you thought.

Oh, I see.

---

I still stand a Trials of Mana situation would be the best we could have.

Of course, that may likely not happen.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah, definetly. I think if everytime i played the game for a few hours my brain didn't turn to mush from the puzzle amount i wouldn't have stopped.

Completely understandable. I have yet to complete a dungeon in one sitting, which was never the case in a Zelda game (although partially because every time you turn off the game, it puts you back at the entrance, CrossCode doesn't do that thankfully).

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Completely understandable. I have yet to complete a dungeon in one sitting, which was never the case in a Zelda game (although partially because every time you turn off the game, it puts you back at the entrance, CrossCode doesn't do that thankfully).

Also from what i've seen my brother play Zelda puzzles don't seem half as complex as Crosscode's

Stat Wars EU Sith Lord's be choosing names like

IMG_20210102_222533.jpg

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also from what i've seen my brother play Zelda puzzles don't seem half as complex as Crosscode's

They aren't. Some still got me stumped (in the past when I was younger) but most Zelda dungeons amount to just hitting the correct switch or sliding the block and nothing more. 

Though I will say 2D Zelda generally has the tougher puzzles.

Achievement progress in ToHaE coming along well. I've already got 5/8 of the unlockable extras.

Could be going faster if there weren't some hiccups with the requirement descriptions.

Take this one:

You'd think this would mean launch > perform 3 attacks for 8k damage...but actually it's launch > perform 1 attack, launch > perform 1 attack, launch > perform 1 attack for 8k damage. :blink:

The achievements for keeping the "dummy" in the air for 8 seconds and dealing 18k damage on the ground were pretty fun to figure out, though.

Edited by Robert Stewart