Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Well, that was a fun map. Arthur and Effie teamed up and held their ground while Kabbãge used her dragonstone to be literally invincible against all enemies on the map. She's now level 10, so I get to make her into an archer and... probably regret it. I'll keep an extra save just in case.

That's enough for today, though. I'll keep going tomorrow.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that was a fun map. Arthur and Effie teamed up and held their ground while Kabbãge used her dragonstone to be literally invincible against all enemies on the map. She's now level 10, so I get to make her into an archer and... probably regret it. I'll keep an extra save just in case.

👍

Are you getting a hang of the gameplay basics? Fates is quite different and i hope it doesn't scare you. On the other hand you played Berwick, you should be fine xD

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

👍

Are you finally getting a hang of the gameplay basics?

I think so. There aren't as many new mechanics as there were in something like Berwick. The stances thing threw me off at first, but now that I know pair-up cancels out the adjacent units helping out thingy, I think I'm good to go. Also, it's really nice to not have to care about weapon uses. Not sure if it's something I'd want in every FE ever, but it's cool here.

Incidentally, here's hot lukewarm take 3: Pair-up and adjacent units helping out thingy are awesome mechanics and the adjutant nonsense from 3H is crap in comparison.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Okay, I am now reasonably certain the capitol/capital (either works) of my country won’t be burned down, so I am returning to what I was doing, which was Est: the chapter. She’s going to be the bEst, I just know it...

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that was a fun map.

This warrants another one: 

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, here's hot lukewarm take 3: Pair-up and adjacent units helping out thingy are awesome mechanics and the adjutant nonsense from 3H is crap in comparison.

That take is frozen solid,

Incidentally, does this mean you like the pair up system in this one or just hate the one in 3H? I’d like the former, because, imo, that’s probably the biggest gameplay deviation from the rest of the series!

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, it's really nice to not have to care about weapon uses.

True but keep in mind the debuffs.

Between Fates and SoV, it was nice not having to care about durability for a while.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone will agree with this lol.

Edited by Armagon

Maybe I'm the problem, but as a rare item hoarder, durability was a nice idea that probably wasn't best suited for me. Even with 3H's repair system, what's a Sword of the Creator? What's an Areadbhar? Actually, I know what an Areadbhar is, but not that one.

I'm personally torn between weapon uses or not, on one hand, hoarding is an issue for me. 

On the other, why bother with other weapons when you get your hands on the best option? 

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, it's really nice to not have to care about weapon uses

Yup! To balance it out stronger weapons will have debuffs however so you don't spam them 24/7. Siver Weapons for example will reduce STR/SKL by  2 per use, while stats recover 1 per turn. Brave weapons give flat defense decreases, Steel weapons -3 AS etc.

Also AS in fates works a bit differently, so i will try to explain it. Effective speed (AS) is calculated seperatly for offense and defense. When a weapon says ''makes follow up attacks harder'' It decreases your AS so to make it harder to double, however enemy won't double you because of that weapon (Usually the case with Steel weapons). On the other hand if a weapon says ''Makes enemy follow up attacks easier'' (usually Javelins, Handaxes and the like) it decreases your defense AS, which can make the enemy double you due to AS penalty. This can lead to cases where both you and the enemy double each other, as some weapons both increase your Attack AS and decrease your defense AS, even if they are super rare.

Just something to note.

Other thing to note is that the weapon trinagle is based on weapon ranks, but you probably know this already from New Mystery. Fates uses the same system.

However be wary that now everything is part of the weapon triangle!

Swords/Magic > Axes/Bows > Lances/Daggers > Swords/Magic

Reaver weapons double the triangle effects after reversing them.

Effective weaponary lose 4MT against targets they aren't effective against iirc. Bows are excluded from this, and they generally have very high MT and have monoply on range due to that and not getting huge debuffs like other physical ranged weapons.

Killer weapons deal 4x damage on crit fyi.

Anyone can seize, not just Corrin!

Be sure to have some money for tonics for some chapters!

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, here's hot lukewarm take 3: Pair-up and adjacent units helping out thingy are awesome mechanics

I love them and wish to see them again some day. Especially attack stance is amazing when you do some poisitonal tactics involving the personal skills to get just the right damage to kill an enemy without them counter attacking

Edited by Shrimperor

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That take is frozen solid,

Incidentally, does this mean you like the pair up system in this one or just hate the one in 3H? I’d like the former, because, imo, that’s probably the biggest gameplay deviation from the rest of the series!

Hahahahah... "Frozen solid." Lovely.

To answer your question, both. This pair-up is really interesting. 3H's adjutant system served no purpose beyond letting me raise support levels more easily.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe I'm the problem, but as a rare item hoarder, durability was a nice idea that probably wasn't best suited for me. Even with 3H's repair system, what's a Sword of the Creator? What's an Areadbhar? Actually, I know what an Areadbhar is, but not that one.

Well, I'm not particularly opposed to weapon durability either. I think both systems work fine.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup! To balance it out stronger weapons will have debuffs however so you don't spam them 24/7. Siver Weapons for example will reduce STR/SKL by  2 per use, while stats recover 1 per turn. Brave weapons give flat defense decreases, Steel weapons -3 AS etc.

Also AS in fates works a bit differently, so i will try to explain it. Effective speed (AS) is calculated seperatly for offense and defense. When a weapon says ''makes follow up attacks harder'' It decreases your AS so to make it harder to double, however enemy won't double you because of that weapon (Usually the case with Steel weapons). On the other hand if a weapon says ''Makes enemy follow up attacks easier'' (usually Javelins, Handaxes and the like) it decreases your defense AS, which can make the enemy double you due to AS penalty. This can lead to cases where both you and the enemy double each other, as some weapons both increase your Attack AS and decrease your defense AS, even if they are super rare.

Just something to note.

Thanks for the tip.

Other thing to nore is that the weapon trinagle is based on weapon ranks, but you probably know this already from New Mystery. Fates uses the same system.

However be wary that now everything is part of the weapon triangle!

Swords/Magic > Axes/Bows > Lances/Daggers > Swords/Magic

Reaver weapons double the triangle effects after reversing them.

More thanks for this one. I hadn't noticed, and it'll probably be important once I start fighting things other than Iago's army of ogres with masks.

Effective weaponary lose 4MT against targets they aren't effective against iirc. Bows are excluded from this, and they generally have very high MT and have monoply on range due to that and not getting huge debuffs like other physical ranged weapons.

I had noticed this on the wyrmslayers from chapter Dead Mom (I forgot the number sorry).

Killer weapons deal 4x damage fyi.

This one sounds scary, not gonna lie. But the good kind of scary.

I will probably take this back if when someone dies to a crit from a killer weapon.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Anyone can seize, not just Corrin!

Okay, now that's epic.

Even as someone who didn't get into Fates much, even I can't defend adjutants as better than Fates pair up side by side.

Hell the only interesting 3H one is kinda busted.

And therefore less interesting.

I probably should pop it on again some time soon.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

More thanks for this one. I hadn't noticed, and it'll probably be important once I start fighting things other than Iago's army of ogres with masks.

If you like the game enough and plan to tackle Lunatic one day, weapon triangle is super important there as enemy get max weapon ranks available to their class. On hard it should still be noticeable, but not the end of all things.

Ah right, Max weapon rank in Fates depend on Class. Not everyone can reach S rank with their weapon. Most classes stop at either A or B. Usually only Mono weapon footie classes can reach S-Rank, like Swordmasters and Berserkers. Not super important as very rarely will you reach S rank anyway, but something to note if you plan to use some of the S-rank weapons you get.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This one sounds scary, not gonna lie. But the good kind of scary.

I will probably take this back if when someone dies to a crit from a killer weapon

probably yup xD

Also, Brave effects are only when you initiate! However they also work on dual attack! can be used to chain some good kills with Attack stance 😉

Edited by Shrimperor

I was gonna train up Est on some of the end chapter reinforcements but they’re all packed together and a couple of them have bows. Why IS?

Anyway, that chapter ended very very quickly. Quite easy.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Not super important as very rarely will you reach S rank anyway, but something to note if you plan to use some of the S-rank weapons you get.

Speaking of, it's also worth noting that S-rank weapons tend to have the most severe drawbacks in the game. I believe killing someone with it will cut your stats in half for a turn.

Only S-Rank weapon that has no debuffs isn't even a weapon. Bifrost Staff is basically Fates' resurrection staff but it only revives one unit that died on the current map.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of, it's also worth noting that S-rank weapons tend to have the most severe drawbacks in the game. I believe killing someone with it will cut your stats in half for a turn.

Until next attack actually, but here's the thing

Attack stance will remove the debuff. I used this fact with my Brave Bow Mozu to keep her online.

If the units is in the back in the dual attack they don't get hit by the weapon debuffs while removing said debuffs for some weapons. It makes using attack stance even more useful and encourages it.

Like now my mage can help kill people with lightning during dual attack without getting Mag/skl -2 every attack

Edited by Shrimperor

2021-01-06.jpg

>We are number one intensifies

Well shit, covid's just turned it to 11 here, we have the examinations set to become a scandal because people are terrified about spreading it, fucking hell stability is gone.

I went into college thinking I'd get into politics.

Yeah, that quickly died off. Now I'm hoping to use my writing for something.

But the likelihood of that happening is low, so...yeah.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Personally, never thought much on making my writing more than a hobby either.

All my life I've set on... truthfully, study something and get a job in order to survive in this world. Still is. Though my mostly set path was that of becoming an Engineer. Which shows promise when right now I'm faring better as a CFD trader...

The one that I totally didn’t forget about when I realized it was 1 am after I had just really started it?

I should get on that, but atm I’m reading a book.