Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

At this point I literally have a folder labelled "Fates cursed images."

Anyway, here's a really lame meme that I made, should probably feel ashamed of and definitely shouldn't be posting online. Enjoy.

Spoiler

Jk4zb08s o

More Fates reactions in a bit, @Shrimperor @Sooks and the remaining interested parties.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At this point I literally have a folder labelled "Fates cursed images."

Glorious. Simply wonderful.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

More Fates reactions in a bit, @Shrimperor @Sooks and the remaining interested parties.

I am honored to have been tagged, as a representative of the Teehee Conquest cult. The next three chapters are really really good (like most of them), so enjoy!

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My favorite case of the age versus game appearance disparities in Warriors games has to be Ieyasu Tokugawa in SW. Since his first appearance is usually at the Battle of Okehazama (1560) when he was 17 (to the point he was still Takechiyo Matsudaira), and the last is, naturally, the Siege of Osaka (1615) when he was 71. And thus has the same middle-aged looking model in both.

So he goes from looking much older than he was... to much younger. lol

Amazing! xD

Also, is that Yukimura in your profile picture?

Seriously, these glitches are an unironic improvement for this game.

Wj02eqad o

See, the glitches fixed Effie's design! They gave her glitch leggings! Now she doesn't have that dumb butt window!

S5ud5dny o

...Disregard the face. I'm willing to live with it.

In any case, paralogue 1 is beaten. I got a little girl with a lance, I can't wait what the glitches do with her. The heroes this time around were Kabbãge and Arthur. I fed the boss to Kabbãge even though she couldn't deal any damage with the bronze bow, by using attack stance to have Arthur kill it with a frying pan instead. It was... a funny fight, to say the least.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am honored to have been tagged, as a representative of the Teehee Conquest cult. The next three chapters are really really good (like most of them), so enjoy!

Did you mean to include the paralogue among those? It wasn't bad, but it was a rather dull faceless chapter. Kinda like last chapter.

Just now, BrightBow said:

I just miss Volcens, really.

I can't blame you, Volcens is wonderful. Wonderfully awful, but wonderful all the same.

Ironically, the UwU face would make Effie closer to her Japanese characterization. If I recall correctly.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I see!
He looks more mature than he appears in SW4 (which is admittedly the only main SW game I've played), so I wasn't sure at first.

I think it's from one of the Nobunaga's Ambition games. I've had this picture file for so long I don't remember where I got it, haha.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it's from one of the Nobunaga's Ambition games. I've had this picture file for so long I don't remember where I got it, haha.

Ah, I see!
I haven't played any of those games yet, but I have heard about them. Are they any good?

Ah, I see!
I haven't played any of those games yet, but I have heard about them. Are they any good?

Can't really say. Closest to Nobunaga's Ambition I've played was Pokémon Conquest. lol

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously, these glitches are an unironic improvement for this game.

Wj02eqad o

See, the glitches fixed Effie's design! They gave her glitch leggings! Now she doesn't have that dumb butt window!

Ah, so now you noticed. She almost had a good design...

S5ud5dny o

...Disregard the face. I'm willing to live with it.

Am I the only one that thinks the glitched bits look a lot like Arthur? Like everywhere is glitched to be the same color as it would be on Arthur’s Palette, but warped to Effie’s body?

Did you mean to include the paralogue among those? It wasn't bad, but it was a rather dull faceless chapter. Kinda like last chapter.

I did not, I forgot about it.

If you want an actually really really really good archer you should give her a heart seal and a bow immediately, but I don’t know how you would go about training her if you didn’t feed her entire paralogue to her.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Can't really say. Closest to Nobunaga's Ambition I've played was Pokémon Conquest. lol

Oh, okay!
I played Pokémon Conquest for a bit, but found it a bit too slow for my liking.
Music was pretty good, though!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Am I the only one that thinks the glitched bits look a lot like Arthur? Like everywhere is glitched to be the same color as it would be on Arthur’s Palette, but warped to Effie’s body?

No, I see it too. That's clearly Arthur's palette trying to merge with Effie's model.

Oh, okay!
I played Pokémon Conquest for a bit, but found it a bit too slow for my liking.
Music was pretty good, though!

I enjoyed the game myself.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My favorite case of the age versus game appearance disparities in Warriors games has to be Ieyasu Tokugawa in SW. Since his first appearance is usually at the Battle of Okehazama (1560) when he was 17 (to the point he was still Takechiyo Matsudaira), and the last is, naturally, the Siege of Osaka (1615) when he was 71. And thus has the same middle-aged looking model in both.

So he goes from looking much older than he was... to much younger. lol

Poor Ieyasu. The man deserves better than he gets as a chubby, old, no-fun dude. He did usurp from Hideyori, but he did establish the Japanese order that would last for the next ~250 years. Although, that historical impact may work against him, sakoku isn't held in high regard nowadays.

Historically however, I think Hideyoshi's eager personality is accurate. I read a translation of his infamous letter to Korea, it went, in summary, "Life is short. Thank you for your help in my invasion of China". -Korea never said they would. Although first sentence was a more flowery "A man is lucky to live to 60". I envisioned SW Hideyoshi saying the message, and it fit.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends was my first (and so far only) mainline Dynasty Warriors game, and I had no idea what I was doing when I first played it, nor did I know any of the characters that well. I started with the Wu storyline for my very first playthrough, and so Sun Quan became the very first character I played as, since he's available in the very first battle (which is kind of hilarious, considering he was, like, 9 years old at that time, both historically and in the novel), so he has that distinction going for him (although technically the very first Dynasty Warriors character I played as was Wang Yuanji in Warriors All-Stars, but I'm purely talking about the mainline games).
Then, I was a total scrub and missed out on ALL the hypothetical requirements, meaning that every character who could die died, meaning he had to watch his father, his older brother, his older brother's best friend etc. die quite painful deaths (the body count in Wu's playable cast is quite high, come to think of it), and yet he still soldiered on, willing to fulfill his father's dream and lead Wu, which I found to be quite admirable. In general, his growth from the little brother into Wu's first emperor I got rather invested in for reasons I cannot quite pin down, although if I had to hazard a guess, the game does kind of present him as the underdog, the sheltered younger brother who got thrown into a situation he was woefully unprepared for and still didn't cave in to the pressure of everything (of course, all of this only applies to the in-game character Sun Quan. I can't speak for Sun Quan the real life person. I hear he got quite loopy in his old age).

I can understand how from these circumstances you'd connect to him. First impression in the franchise with a chain of events that congealed just right. Interesting.

Ah, I see!

I have no idea myself, but apparently its sister franchise Romance of the Three Kingdoms is having its latest entry, XIV, release on the Switch in the West on February 11th of this year.:

https://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/RTK14_Event-Editor_1-2.jpg

Because I've dabbled with 4X games now (although I know this isn't exactly that since war is the only path to victory, more turn-based strategy thats got the prolific menu minutiae of 4X games), I'm thinking I'll bite the bullet and buy RotTKXIV. I'll tell you how it is later.

And fun fact, Capcom's first RPG was apparently this.:

Destiny_of_an_emperor_game.png

Destiny of an Emperor.

So I checked out the "invite ally" to Kabbãge's room mechanic, just to see what it was all about... For a moment I was afraid I'd accidentally stumbled into the infamous skinship thing. But no, Effie just wanted to tell me that she'd probably break me if she tried giving me a massage which confirms her as best Bugquest waifu for the time being.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No, I see it too. That's clearly Arthur's palette trying to merge with Effie's model.

Yeah... Between this and the time Rinkah's face lines were on everyone's faces, I'm starting to think the game just takes textures from the first model to appear onscreen and pastes them on other units. Either way, it fixed Effie, so that's great. I just need to be careful not to let her ever get the first fight, lest I risk everyone getting butt windows...

Then there's the creepypasta faces for all. That, I don't get, but that's okay, I like them. When I invited Effie to Kabbãge's room, they were both in scary mode. It was hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you want an actually really really really good archer you should give her a heart seal and a bow immediately, but I don’t know how you would go about training her if you didn’t feed her entire paralogue to her.

I need no better archer than Kabbãge.

I do sorta like Effie just because she invokes a different stereotype then she actually is. Not that this this is that much of a selling point, but this is Maeda Emblem, so I'm just glad to find something about a character beyond their initial appearance.

Although I recall people saying that this personality was basically entirely made up by the localization. Figures that if I find myself as much as sorta liking something, IS had nothing to do with it..

Edited by BrightBow

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So I checked out the "invite ally" to Kabbãge's room mechanic, just to see what it was all about... For a moment I was afraid I'd accidentally stumbled into the infamous skinship thing. But no, Effie just wanted to tell me that she'd probably break me if she tried giving me a massage which confirms her as best Bugquest waifu for the time being.

Skinship was censored from every version of the game except the Japanese one. All inviting allies does is have them raise their support level and “they actually look out from the bottom screen zoomed in on their face with unique animations, like they’re actually talking to YOU... my husbandos and waifus!! OwO”- Fates devs.

Yeah... Between this and the time Rinkah's face lines were on everyone's faces, I'm starting to think the game just takes textures from the first model to appear onscreen and pastes them on other units.

Ah, so that’s why Sakura looked like Ryoma.

Either way, it fixed Effie, so that's great. I just need to be careful not to let her ever get the first fight, lest I risk everyone getting butt windows...

What? That sounds hilarious!

Then there's the creepypasta faces for all. That, I don't get, but that's okay, I like them. When I invited Effie to Kabbãge's room, they were both in scary mode. It was hilarious.

Maybe eyes are unique to models and not palettes, so the game doesn’t bother to apply them?

Well, everyone who is part of the Nohrian military is a giant piece of shit by definition. Doesn't exactly help that there isn't anyone who could be considered a drafted nobody who has no choice. ...and that the game is more concerned about their fetish appeal then what actually drives them, unless the fetish and the motivation are both "sucking up to Corrin". So they never get the chance to show if they are any better then the initial context of "being a member of an evil army" would suggest.

Not that I expect many of them are. Except for Benny, maybe. He seems to be the closest one to a drafted nobody, and he isn't overtly a piece of shit.

Edited by BrightBow

4 hours ago, joevar said:

the camera while fighting? i could relate to that if you mean the battle. but i always thought thats a byproduct of the fighting mechanic

its also the gimmick that makes the game weirdly unbalanced when theres no host other than Sorey. (or the reverse of it in the dlc? iirc)
you're stuck with one human and one seraphim despite having more than one seraphim ready for battle, unless you progress the story again.

The camera being zoomed into a wall so I cant see what's going on is what I mean. That's kinda an issue to me.

Really? I honestly dont think it's broken or anything, I mean losing an ally kinda blows.

I like how maid 2's arrival wasn't what ruined everything for us, it was Elise being a dumbass. Good to know being utterly moronic continues to run in the gray blood of the Nohrian royalty. Now excuse me while I bench the moron for Mozu.

Also, this is twice now that Kabbãge has been nursed to health by the people she's been ordered to murder by Gray Volcens. And by the looks of it, soon it'll be twice that she'll be responsible for her saviors' deaths. Surely at some point she has to realize that literally everyone in the world is a better person than Gray Volcens?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Surely at some point she has to realize that literally everyone in the world is a better person than Gray Volcens?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now excuse me while I bench the moron for Mozu.

Amelia time!

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how maid 2's arrival wasn't what ruined everything for us, it was Elise being a dumbass. Good to know being utterly moronic continues to run in the gray blood of the Nohrian royalty. Now excuse me while I bench the moron for Mozu.

Also, this is twice now that Kabbãge has been nursed to health by the people she's been ordered to murder by Gray Volcens. And by the looks of it, soon it'll be twice that she'll be responsible for her saviors' deaths. Surely at some point she has to realize that literally everyone in the world is a better person than Gray Volcens?

I love how Corrin already whined about how "grey" the conflict is, when it couldn't be any more clear cut.

Well, at least that way you already know that they won't drop any plot bombs that give the conflict any more depth.

Edited by BrightBow

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now excuse me while I bench the moron for Mozu.

Don't!!!

She's the only other staffer you will gave access to for a big while, and Mozu is useless if you don't feed her her paralogue