Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Why does Haikata want 15 wheat specifically in exchange for fighting with us? What is he even going to do with all that wheat? Well, at any rate, it doesn't seem like he's going to join any time soon. Not that it surprises me. Azura decided to sing to him to persuade him. The last time she tried singing at someone, she got smacked all over the place.

In any case, the game properly explained why Azura was in the fort after the battle, so that makes me happy. Also, a mystery! Apparently she's not really a sister of Elise! I wonder what the riveting explanation for that will be.

That was a pretty good map too! Haikata was an annoying fight, and I had to use a freeze to save Nyx after she had her defense lowered, but other than that, it went rather well, if I do say so myself!

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, nice!
Thank you, if you do!

I would consider a DW Empires, since it sounds like it'd be a good bridge between Musou and RotTK. But I don't have realistic access to any Musou Empires game at all. (And I still wish we had gotten a FEW one, albeit a FEWE with a much more diverse cast than we got in the actual FEW I want to unify the world by force with the laughingstock of Archanea- Gra).

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

100%.

Xenoblade's pretty poorly represented in Smash.

What did Ultimate add to Xeno representation BTW? I don't have Ultimate. Though we both know it has to be getting something more soon.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Original ofc xD

And I'll add that Gaur Plains is a bad stage for reasons other than the big hole in the middle. For one, it isn't set on part of the Bionis's Leg that you can actually explore ingame, the XCX Flight Module don't exist here. And what you can see from the unusual vantage point that the stage has... isn't the best. It's not horrible, but green plains like 1-1 in a New Super Mario Bros game is boring, I'd like them to pick a more fantastical XC locale next time, theres plenty of those to choose from.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Is it strange that I appreciate most of RD's T2 models over the T3's? Like, while I actually like Mia's T3, the fact that she doesnt move absurdly fast like as a Swordmaster is... kinda dumb. If she did, it would be perfect. Well, that and the victory pose not getting cut off at the end.

Are 3rd tier classes too fancy/flashy for you? Because if so, I can sympathize via Hyrule Warriors.:

• The 1st tier weapons are basic, ordinary, accurate to the franchise's roots.
  • The 2nd tier bump up the decoration, but often maintain an element of restrain, perhaps a certain coolness.
  • The 3rd tier adds copious amounts of additional ornamentation, but more isn't always better. More can become gaudy, and impractical to the point that it breaks the illusion of being viable as a realistic weapon -if you abide by a notion of realism in some weapons in franchise known for being over the top. I really dislike Zant's Scimitars of Twilight.

The result is that in some instances, I prefer the 2nd tier design over the 3rd. But not all of them, I like the Power Gloves and their Chain Chomp. And I still used the strongest most slotted and properly skilled 3rd tiers anyhow.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah finally! That took... way, way longer than it should've, but I managed to capture Haitaka. Amazing. I hope it was fuckin' worth it.

Yeah that's what I was trying to do, but Niles had 2 might and 66% hit with the bronze bow. It took some effort, but eventually I managed it.

I mean, he’s a better character than the rest of the cast...

Are you going to do chapter 10 today too?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why does Haikata want 15 wheat specifically in exchange for fighting with us? What is he even going to do with all that wheat? Well, at any rate, it doesn't seem like he's going to join any time soon. Not that it surprises me. Azura decided to sing to him to persuade him. The last time she tried singing at someone, she got smacked all over the place.

I don’t know if either of these work on the emulator but my castle battles forward time after winning them, giving you another chance to use persuasion, and every six irl hours time will also forward.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, he’s a better character than the rest of the cast...

I definitely want a boss or two on the team. It's a really unique thing you don't see anywhere else.

Are you going to do chapter 10 today too?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Time for ch10 *_*

Oh no, it's late and I slept poorly last night. Tomorrow it is. Two chapters today, I think it's good.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Pro tip: BUY TONICS

Duly noted.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know if either of these work on the emulator but my castle battles forward time after winning them, giving you another chance to use persuasion, and every six irl hours time will also forward.

Ah, I was thinking about asking if real time affected these things. This will definitely help. The emulator has a few different settings for the clock... Perhaps I should see if I can do some time traveling to recruit this idiot.

Just finished watching a playthrough of YK1. How I feel about the game's story:

Oof...OOF...

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

What does YK1 stand for?

Yakuza Kiwami 1. (The Kiwami is just signifying that it's a remake of the first game.)

I don't often say this about prequels...but good gravy, Yakuza 0 just made this game's tragedies hurt all the more.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yakuza Kiwami 1. (The Kiwami is just signifying that it's a remake of the first game.)

I don't often say this about prequels...but good gravy, Yakuza 0 just made this game's tragedies hurt all the more.

Wait so which plot was bad?

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no, it's late and I slept poorly last night. Tomorrow it is. Two chapters today, I think it's good.

Good night!

Just now, Sooks said:

Wait so which plot was bad?

Oh, neither. Both were absolutely fantastic. It's just...

Well, it's a massive OOF when my favorite character from 0 is the main antagonist of Kiwami.

0>K1 in my opinion, though.

Just now, Benice said:

Well, it's a massive OOF when my favorite character from 0 is the main antagonist of Kiwami.

So cry singing Baka Mitai, but unironically.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

0>K1 in my opinion, though.

Just now, Dayni said:

So cry singing Baka Mitai, but unironically.

OHHHH THE PLOT WAS SAD OHHHHH

My brain instantly jumped to “the plot was bad”. I don’t I low whether that says more about me, Venice’s love for “bad” games, or the general quality of video game writing...

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

OHHHH THE PLOT WAS SAD OHHHHH

Yup.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My brain instantly jumped to “the plot was bad”. I don’t I low whether that says more about me, Venice’s love for “bad” games, or the general quality of video game writing...

I certainly didn't word it well, so that helps. I do think that 0 is hard better than 1, but both were unlike any game I've ever seen.

That said...0's ending with Majima made me cry, but this one didn't. Really close, but not quite.

Indeed, although the animations to the backgrounds of the karaoke songs are almost better than the songs.

Judgement's still my favorite right now, though.

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What did Ultimate add to Xeno representation BTW? I don't have Ultimate

Three songs from Xenoblade 2 (Battle, Monster Surprised You and Those Who Stand Against Our Path iirc) that for some reason play at a lower volume, a few Spirits from each game and that's it.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are 3rd tier classes too fancy/flashy for you? Because if so, I can sympathize via Hyrule Warriors.:

• The 1st tier weapons are basic, ordinary, accurate to the franchise's roots.
  • The 2nd tier bump up the decoration, but often maintain an element of restrain, perhaps a certain coolness.
  • The 3rd tier adds copious amounts of additional ornamentation, but more isn't always better. More can become gaudy, and impractical to the point that it breaks the illusion of being viable as a realistic weapon -if you abide by a notion of realism in some weapons in franchise known for being over the top. I really dislike Zant's Scimitars of Twilight.

The result is that in some instances, I prefer the 2nd tier design over the 3rd. But not all of them, I like the Power Gloves and their Chain Chomp. And I still used the strongest most slotted and properly skilled 3rd tiers anyhow.

Well besides that for the Greil Mercs, the 2nd tier models look just like them, making them feel personal, I think they are generally much better put together. With the exception of Mia, of course, as I like both of hers and would simply prefer if she moved at high speed like as a Swordmaster. 

Oh and of course... Mist's tier 3... that's just too much.

But yeah, your right too much can sometimes be an issue.