• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good morning!

Picking all the options that make Hank not like “me” is hard. Like Hank I’m sorry, it’s for completionism, I don’t mean it...

Just a heads-up: It's going to get harder.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lol Aethin changed Perceval's line in chapter 12-1. Now instead of being bad at negotiating he's a badass. How neat.

For context, in the old versions he said "I'll make you a deal! My life for hers!" and then immediately casts thunder on the captor. Now he says "I'll make you a deal! Your life for hers!", which is absolutely amazing, honestly.

But that's the version that was in your Let's Play. Weren't you already using the upgraded translation back then?

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

But that's the version that was in your Let's Play. Weren't you already using the upgraded translation back then?

I received the patch halfway through chapter 13.

I've been watching clips of the original Speed Racer show because they just randomly showed up in my recs. And man, Speedy is just a huge asshole and also a sociopath.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just a heads-up: It's going to get harder.

...that’s why I started doing it, that part is definitely on the flowchart.....

I looked over the completed flowcharts for all the variations of the last chapter and I’m really glad that all but a few of the cross chapter impacts are from things that happen in the two prior chapters.

At least, excluding the ones I’ll already have access to on my current file.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh yeah, I agree it looks better in 3D than in the artwork. Which I would also say for Rex's normal outfit. Seeing it in motion makes me forget that the design is kinda silly.

(Ah fuck, I put the other quote in the first tag)

Yeah, I do think if the other characters got "Master Driver" variants, they'd look better than Rex. With the exception of Nia, assuming all she gets is a high-tech version of her jumpsuit.

On one thing...

Spoiler

*Remembers the female Skell Wear*

With that in my mind, yeah I get what you're saying. Full body stretchy latex/nylon isn't my favorite sci-fi stylings. Although, Nia's reason for the jumpsuit was hiding her Blade core, now that she has revealed her true nature, she isn't bound by it. Although the Master Driver suit is merely Rex's clothes transformed, so yes there is a question of exactly how much could be done to Nia's garb.

Oh, and if they wanted an excuse for Master Driver Everyone, I already found one.:

Spoiler

EQhSyrGXsAMmZ80.jpg

The Xenogears was able to re-empower all the other Gears after they got stripped of their Anima Relics IIRC. It didn't change them visually to anything like the Xenogears, but Monolith has the money and resources now to afford that.

And restoring all the other Gears to Omnigear power didn't result in everyone becoming Contacts. That remained exclusively the power of Fei, just as being Master Driver would remain exclusive to Rex.

But thats merely the musing of a person who likes the idea of entire team power-up. Power of friendship is cheesy, powering of said friends via cooler means is good.

IMG_20210204_103325.jpg

IMG_20210204_103327.jpg

Europeans when they find out about American capitalism.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On one thing...

Reveal hidden contents

*Remembers the female Skell Wear*

With that in my mind, yeah I get what you're saying. Full body stretchy latex/nylon isn't my favorite sci-fi stylings. Although, Nia's reason for the jumpsuit was hiding her Blade core, now that she has revealed her true nature, she isn't bound by it. Although the Master Driver suit is merely Rex's clothes transformed, so yes there is a question of exactly how much could be done to Nia's garb.

Oh, and if they wanted an excuse for Master Driver Everyone, I already found one.:

Hide contents

EQhSyrGXsAMmZ80.jpg

The Xenogears was able to re-empower all the other Gears after they got stripped of their Anima Relics IIRC. It didn't change them visually to anything like the Xenogears, but Monolith has the money and resources now to afford that.

And restoring all the other Gears to Omnigear power didn't result in everyone becoming Contacts. That remained exclusively the power of Fei, just as being Master Driver would remain exclusive to Rex.

But thats merely the musing of a person who likes the idea of entire team power-up. Power of friendship is cheesy, powering of said friends via cooler means is good.

Spoiler

If they did that, it'd put even more into the fact that Xenoblade 2 is basically Xenogears reimagined. Although having everyone be a Master Driver would fuck with the balancing, so even though it likely was never considered, it makes sense why they wouldn't do something like it.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Reveal hidden contents

If they did that, it'd put even more into the fact that Xenoblade 2 is basically Xenogears reimagined. Although having everyone be a Master Driver would fuck with the balancing, so even though it likely was never considered, it makes sense why they wouldn't do something like it.

Which is why I said

Spoiler

Rex alone maintains the Master Driver all-Blades-use ability. All Pneuma does for everyone else is a plot-power boost, no gameplay benefits.

That would be the same as the Xenogears not making Fenrir, Andvari and the rest deal any more damage in gameplay, nor access infinite power in story. The stuff after the final losable battle indicates that, when the destruction of Deus and liberation of the Wave Existence from the Zohar results in the other Gears shutting down. (Although, the other Gears might have been able to operate if Fei had tried to funnel energy into their Slave Capacitors ("Generators" being a poor word choice). He didn't have the time to pull a "Do you seek the power?" Grahf stunt, he needed to rescue Elly and he could do that alone but why couldn't Chu Chu follow?.)

Reveal hidden contents

Oh yeah, I agree it looks better in 3D than in the artwork. Which I would also say for Rex's normal outfit. Seeing it in motion makes me forget that the design is kinda silly.

(Ah fuck, I put the other quote in the first tag)

Yeah, I do think if the other characters got "Master Driver" variants, they'd look better than Rex. With the exception of Nia, assuming all she gets is a high-tech version of her jumpsuit.

@Shrimperor since you're gonna be doing quests right now, buy the Core Crystal Hunters info from any infomant. That will let you trigger a quest in Torigoth that will let you obtain Praxis (Water Megalance).

This quest is kinda easy to miss since nobody really checks informants since they have a reputation for providing basically nothing in most case

Thx for the tip!

I've been watching clips of the original Speed Racer show because they just randomly showed up in my recs. And man, Speedy is just a huge asshole and also a sociopath.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which is why I said

Reveal hidden contents

Rex alone maintains the Master Driver all-Blades-use ability. All Pneuma does for everyone else is a plot-power boost, no gameplay benefits.

That would be the same as the Xenogears not making Fenrir, Andvari and the rest deal any more damage in gameplay, nor access infinite power in story. The stuff after the final losable battle indicates that, when the destruction of Deus and liberation of the Wave Existence from the Zohar results in the other Gears shutting down. (Although, the other Gears might have been able to operate if Fei had tried to funnel energy into their Slave Capacitors ("Generators" being a poor word choice). He didn't have the time to pull a "Do you seek the power?" Grahf stunt, he needed to rescue Elly and he could do that alone but why couldn't Chu Chu follow?.)

Spoiler

Ah right, my bad. In that case yeah, they could've made matching outfits for everyone without changing the gameplay

Although I suppose Rex's outfit change could symbolically represent his new bond with Pyra and Mythra so anyone else getting their outfit "sci-fi'd" wouldn't have the same meaning.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ah right, my bad. In that case yeah, they could've made matching outfits for everyone without changing the gameplay

Although I suppose Rex's outfit change could symbolically represent his new bond with Pyra and Mythra so anyone else getting their outfit "sci-fi'd" wouldn't have the same meaning.

Again, fair point.

I'm just the kind of person who

Spoiler

reallllllly likes Radiant Dawn's blessing of the weapons before 4-Final Stage 3. 

I'd have also been okay with this scrapped idea I've heard of of mass-production Monados in XC1 following Mechonis Core. Although there too I realize the lore implications that could make that a very dangerously messy idea. Yet one could make them fit as limited-ether-manipulators, without endowing the full capacities of the original, provided it was clearly delineated. Blurriness would ruin it.

And it isn't like the non-Rex characters got nothing later on. Nia opened up. Tora gets his optional QTPi. Zeke opened up, albeit without gameplay benefit. And Morag.... got Aegaeon early? They all except Dro' had their little moments before Rex & Aegis take the power and the spotlight. They aren't neglected.

I'm sorry if I've dragged this on for too long. I'll stop here with speaking of my unsubtle puerile fantasies.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know

Yesterday i tried something really idiotic

I tried to solo a um with RexRex xD

With my difficulty changes

And was able to take down 60% of it's HP in 10 minutes before i got rekt xD

If you didn't notice, there is a Land of Challenge battle that limits you to two characters, and another that forces a Tora solo.

I tried the Tora solo on Normal once, lost very early into it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you didn't notice, there is a Land of Challenge battle that limits you to two characters, and another that forces a Tora solo.

Land of challenge is kinda stupid difficult xD

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I tried the Tora solo on Normal once, lost very early into it.

Time for 3x evasion 5 mod poppi

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm sorry if I've dragged this on for too long. I'll stop here with speaking of my unsubtle puerile fantasies.

Nah, it's fine.

I do have a headcanon

Spoiler

You said Zeke doesn't get gameplay benefit from opening up but I like to think that Eye of Shining Justice is actually him just tapping into the energy on his implanted Core Crystal. Of course, this is exclusively a NG+ benefit but so is Pneuma's Lv.4 Special.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Land of challenge is kinda stupid difficult xD

Yeah, I will admit, there are some stupid challenges in there. I don't think I've ever beaten Elma: Redux legitimately.

The Tora solo is fine though. I beat it on my second try. Worth noting that I put Master Tank mods on all three forms of Poppi.

The final chapter, Battle for Detroit, is gonna take me forever... I’m burnt out on Detroit, lions are temporarily my least favorite animal. /j

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The final chapter, Battle for Detroit, is gonna take me forever... I’m burnt out on Detroit, lions are temporarily my least favorite animal. /j

When you fight Markus as Connor, don't forget to give him 28 stab wounds to unlock the secret ending.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

When you fight Markus as Connor, don't forget to give him 28 stab wounds to unlock the secret ending.

Is he gonna turn into Carlos Ortiz?

51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is he gonna turn into Carlos Ortiz?

He'll turn into the coin that Connor was playing with in the elevator. Because why not.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He'll turn into the coin that Connor was playing with in the elevator. Because why not.

I see I’m the only one with obscure enough knowledge to get my own joke.

That’s a cool scene though.