• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

27 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That amazing, and random promotional disc known as The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition, with all the NES and N64 included on it (we would get the OoT and Master Quest disc as well, but my brother played that a lot more than me, as he was more of an Ocarina of Time fan than I was) gave me access to most of the older games that I missed before and introduced me to the amazing Majora's Mask, which became my favorite of the series.

I had both Master Quest and the Collector's Edition, complete with the Nintendo Power game guide for that grand compilation Nintendo should bring it back. I no longer have it unfortunately, but it was very cool.

I missed out on ALttP + Four Swords, it was the one title I didn't have that came out in my childhood, although I had no friends either, so I couldn't have tried FS anyhow.

27 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

About the only mainline Zelda games I missed out on after that were the DS ones (I was a bit scared away by the questionable touch controls on Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks)

Although I don't recall rushing into PH touchscreen controls weren't bad for me in either game, the one major exception being sword combat. Zelda has never been Bayonetta May Souls in sophistication, but there was little that could be done in this regard with the touch screen using the top-down perspective.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh no... not the Majoras Mask cult.

*Majora's Mask laughs and curses you into that fat Zora*

I'm not a member, I played it as a kid, and although the time limit is mostly meaningless, because it's limitless, the game just doesn't sit well with me. I get my mind stuck too much on certain aspects of it. I skipped the 3DS remake actually.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I will be first in line to tell anyone Yuri is the number one Tales of protag. 

He sorta has to be when the central story is weak.😉

I have to give him many points for being refreshing, you don't find a whole lot of JRPG protagonists like him. He ranks 1st among video game Yuris.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Although I am no less guilty for over hyping a game I love. Well, a few actually. 

XC2, Tales of Vesperia, FFXIII, etc.

And I confess to nudging a few games here myself from time to time, although I try to rein it in.

Spoiler

Is this effective targeted evangelization for you?😜

I'm in shock to learn Atlus seriously attempted to advertise a game as supremely niche as this.

...Poppi did in one day what took me years....

Dunno how to feel about this xD

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just be lucky Rex isn't experience for all the strength he can potentially tap into. Imagine naïveté wedded to serious combat capabilities, how would one contain someone like that? If the idealistic hero could run into bad guy battalions and solo them with ease, while the ones trying to keep said hero in check struggled to clean up the remnants of the hero's smashing of everything. You can't really babysit a guy who keeps running into fortified dens of evil, and never gets kicked out so you never get a chance to admonish them because they never failed.

I'm not sure if there is a game/manga/anime that has actually done that.

Op mcs happen all the time in animanga

Sadly, not in a good way xD

46 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It is the best of the Zelda games.

075.jpg

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although I don't recall rushing into PH touchscreen controls weren't bad for me in either game, the one major exception being sword combat. Zelda has never been Bayonetta May Souls in sophistication, but there was little that could be done in this regard with the touch screen using the top-down perspective.

I didn't play Phantom Hourglass myself but I did play Spirit Tracks a bit. The controls just felt wrong.

The DS Zeldas really need a remake with proper controls.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Mythra chart complete!

Nice!

FYI, you can still raise her Trust. When you max out an Affinity Chart, a Blade hits S-Rank but you can actually keep going until you hit S+ (which is just S10) rank.

But it's overkill at that point. Higher Trust rank increases base damage but going higher than S only really matters for the hardest of challenges.

Tora just got Ara Ara'd xD

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nice!

FYI, you can still raise her Trust. When you max out an Affinity Chart, a Blade hits S-Rank but you can actually keep going until you hit S+ (which is just S10) rank.

But it's overkill at that point. Higher Trust rank increases base damage but going higher than S only really matters for the hardest of challenges.

Yeah i noticed as my Poppi forms reached S quite a bit earlier and alpha is now at S2, even

Alright, wrote the next chapter of my Heroes fanfic. Hmm... should I upload it now or wait until the weekened... Usually when I upload what I write, I keep to a Wednesday and Weekend schedule. This isn't strictly part of it, but it was still in the queue, as it were. Well, I'll sleep on it for now.

Finished the side quests i wanted to do, got my Omega Poppi, and for the next session...

Spoiler

m7uN0wP.jpg

My Body is Reggie!

Also i have enough BEXP to get to like lvl77 lol. I am 63 atm...

Edit:

Spoiler

How much fucking HP does that Spider/Dragon-thingy UM in Torna have xD

100 Million or something? lol?

And wtf he absolutely destroys me after half HP...

Edited by Shrimperor

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit, Reese just soloed Richthofen and his three wyvern pals with Gram crits. Hah! Who said the end of chapter 13 is tough?

Uh you did?

During the LP?

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Uh you did?

During the LP?

Oh hush you

Well, in the end I was able to buy two more pieces of furniture by selling some junk. I'm only missing two at this point. I could sell my soul and a kidney and get the entire collection before setting out, but I'd like to have weapons for the endgame, thank you very much.

Behold! A(n almost) fully furnished room!

2ateeu5d o

Just ran the maths - that image right there? Cost me 236000 denarii. Yeah. I'm pretty sure most FE lords don't even see half that cash in their entire campaigns. Meanwhile here's Reese, using all that dough to make his room look nice. Priorities!

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Finished the side quests i wanted to do, got my Omega Poppi, and for the next session...

Reveal hidden contents

m7uN0wP.jpg

My Body is Reggie!

Also i have enough BEXP to get to like lvl77 lol. I am 63 atm...

Edit:

Reveal hidden contents

How much fucking HP does that Spider/Dragon-thingy UM in Torna have xD

100 Million or something? lol?

And wtf he absolutely destroys me after half HP...

Congrats! So it's time to finish it, then!?

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh hush you

Well, in the end I was able to buy two more pieces of furniture by selling some junk. I'm only missing two at this point. I could sell my soul and a kidney and get the entire collection before setting out, but I'd like to have weapons for the endgame, thank you very much.

Behold! A(n almost) fully furnished room!

2ateeu5d o

Just ran the maths - that image right there? Cost me 236000 denarii. Yeah. I'm pretty sure most FE lords don't even see half that cash in their entire campaigns. Meanwhile here's Reese, using all that dough to make his room look nice. Priorities!

Having them all together like this actually looks rather nice.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Having them all together like this actually looks rather nice.

Yeah... Except for the luxury bed. The luxury bed almost completely covers the tapestry, it's hilarious. 45k for that.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit, Reese just soloed Richthofen and his three wyvern pals with Gram crits. Hah! Who said the end of chapter 13 is tough?

Oh wow

RNG giveth

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Cost me 236000 denarii. Yeah

Look at lord Rich over there!

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Congrats! So it's time to finish it, then!?

I don't think i will play much today since i have my weekly VC session, but tomorrow i will push through. Dunno if i will finish the game tomorrow though, i think sometime early next week xD

Edited by Shrimperor

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't think i will play much today since i have my weekly VC session, but tomorrow i will push through. Dunno if i will finish the game tomorrow though, i think sometime early next week xD

I believe you will!