Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

Pick and choose your argument wisely. There is no need for you to choose a hill to die upon. 

I agree. Sometimes I’ve got to learn to leave things alone and let them be. I get stressed out getting into discussions like that.

Edited by twilitfalchion

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Started Radiant Dawn on normal this morning. Thanks to Falcom Knight's tips, I'll be pretty prepared to tackle it on that difficulty. So far so good, no resets (not that I thought there would be so early on, but you never know). The animations are definitely better than PoR's animations to the point that I actually want to leave them on and watch them (although that may change eventually) and I especially appreciate the enemy and unit health bars. It's nice to have an idea of where my units and the enemies are at with HP without having to select each and every one of them individually.

Best of luck twilitfalchion. Be prepared, RD is a very long game. Also bring a Laguz Royal into the Tower of Guidance at the end of the game, preferably Caineghis.

Edited by Wraith

52 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw Xenoblade peeps

How important is Colony 6 reconstruction?

……….

In all seriousness, you don't have to do it at all, as the rewards aren't -that- great, unless you plan on getting the extra skill trees, of course.

Edit: @twilitfalchion good luck with RD! I literally just played through it and had a blast, as it's one of my personal favorites.

Edited by lightcosmo

Just now, Shrimperor said:

All these dots scare me xD

Extra Skill Trees?

Are they any good?

They are dots of intimidation, so that's a good sign.

Well, for what you have to put in, not really. But as long as you read up on what you need to do then yes. Mostly for Shulk, as he can max talent art out with seeing a vision every time.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

They are dots of intimidation, so that's a good sign.

Well, for what you have to put in, not really. But as long as you read up on what you need to do then yes. Mostly for Shulk, as he can max talent art out with seeing a vision every time.

Ic.

Thanks for the info^^

I will leave Colony 6 alone for now as the sidequests are annoying as is

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ic.

Thanks for the info^^

I will leave Colony 6 alone for now as the sidequests are annoying as is

Honestly, it's just not fun. I love the game, but even I have to admit to how tedious it is doing Colony 6. You're free to go ahead, if you still want to!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw Xenoblade peeps

How important is Colony 6 reconstruction?

Lightcosmo already touched on it but yeah, Colony 6 reconstruction isn't that important. I've seen that you can buy the items needed from Time Attack but I played through the whole game without ever seeing the option so it either shows up in post-game or NG+ (btw, post-game in Xenoblade is just the final chapter since that's when all the Superbosses and high-level quests unlock).

And tbh, the extra skill trees are fine (especially Glorious Future for Shulk, which can be linked to other party members with enough Affinity and Affinity Coins) but it's not really needed. My first playthrough on 3DS, I didn't even know you could change skill trees so that's how little they matter in the long run. 

At any rate, you won't be able to complete Colony 6 reconstruction until the final chapter anyway so if you just want to wait until then, that's fine too.

35 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Best of luck twilitfalchion. Be prepared, RD is a very long game. Also bring a Laguz Royal into the Tower of Guidance at the end of the game, preferably Caineghis.

29 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Edit: @twilitfalchion good luck with RD! I literally just played through it and had a blast, as it's one of my personal favorites.

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it! And also thanks for the tip about the laguz royal.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Lightcosmo already touched on it but yeah, Colony 6 reconstruction isn't that important. I've seen that you can buy the items needed from Time Attack but I played through the whole game without ever seeing the option so it either shows up in post-game or NG+ (btw, post-game in Xenoblade is just the final chapter since that's when all the Superbosses and high-level quests unlock).

At any rate, you won't be able to complete Colony 6 reconstruction until the final chapter anyway so if you just want to wait until then, that's fine too.

They should be in the two last categories for buying In time attack mode, along with the other loots from enemies. And that's from someone who did it on the first playthrough. 

Another annoying point about it. 

-

Not relevant to the current topic, but I was curious since you were playing Torna, but which team do you enjoy playing as the most?

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And tbh, the extra skill trees are fine (especially Glorious Future for Shulk, which can be linked to other party members with enough Affinity and Affinity Coins) but it's not really needed. My first playthrough on 3DS, I didn't even know you could change skill trees so that's how little they matter in the long run. 

ic

igoring it is then xD

btw @twilitfalchion Have fun! RD is my 2nd fav. Game in the franchise, and used to be my fav. before 3H!

Got through the rest of UBW...it's a solid anime with good character development and great action scenes. I liked most of the characters, except for Rin, who I didn't expect to dislike as much as I did. Her ideals were something I majorly disagreed with and I really hated when 

Spoiler

she stopped Shirou from preventing Illya's brutal death 

I know why she did it, but I still hated that it happened. Shirou, on the other hand, I ended up liking even more than I did earlier in the series. His philosophy of self-sacrifice for the sake of others is really admirable. His ending with Rin is fine, although I would have preferred to see him with Saber instead. But that ending apparently happens in another route so yeah. 

Has the series made me a Fate fan? Eh, maybe. Tbh, I'm not big on action-filled anime. I'm more a slice of life kind of guy. The series was good though, no doubt. Solid 8.5/10.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

btw @twilitfalchion Have fun! RD is my 2nd fav. Game in the franchise, and used to be my fav. before 3H!

Thanks! 👍

Edited by twilitfalchion

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

except for Rin,

I am kinda surprised, really.

Rin is loved by almost everyone (including me) xD

His philosophy of self-sacrifice for the sake of others is really admirable.

It's admirable yes, but it's not healthy or right. Which is the point of the route. 

Help others is a good thing. Helping other while sacrificing yourself and everything you hold dear is disgusting.

I would have preferred to see him with Saber instead

Do you want to become my mortal enemy? xD

But that ending apparently happens in another route so yeah. 

The worst route. It's only good for Info dump really.

Now i want to see what you will think of Heaven's Feel.

Edited by Shrimperor

44 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

They should be in the two last categories for buying In time attack mode, along with the other loots from enemies. And that's from someone who did it on the first playthrough. 

Yeah, now I see it. I guess it really does show up only in the final chapter/post-game. Which, tbf, is when you can complete Colony 6 anyway.

Oh, it even seems to mark the items you need. 

50 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not relevant to the current topic, but I was curious since you were playing Torna, but which team do you enjoy playing as the most?

Tbh, I just stick to the default, which in this case, is Team Lora. I generally like playing as the MC in any JRPG, swapping the lead isn't something I do often, during the main story at least.

That being said, in Torna, I do occasionally swap to Team Addam.

46 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am kinda surprised, really.

Rin is loved by almost everyone (including me) xD

Her personality is fine and I liked seeing her playful, teasing side, but the motivations and actions of characters are what catch my attention the most. That's pretty much why I dislike her. I will say though that she's a tsundere done right. Neither side of her personality was overplayed. The Fate writers handled the trope really well.

Do you want to become my mortal enemy? xD

Nah, isn't that Caster?

Although Rin x Shirou came across as forced to me. There wasn't much of a build up to him confessing his feelings to her, in my opinion. Not that Saber x Shirou is that much better. I just like it more.

The worst route. It's only good for Info dump really.

And reading through an entire VN is something I have little to no patience for.

Edited by twilitfalchion

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, now I see it. I guess it really does show up only in the final chapter/post-game. Which, tbf, is when you can complete Colony 6 anyway.

Oh, it even seems to mark the items you need. 

Tbh, I just stick to the default, which in this case, is Team Lora. I generally like playing as the MC in any JRPG, swapping the lead isn't something I do often, during the main story at least.

That being said, in Torna, I do occasionally swap to Team Addam.

Yeah, it's kinda easy to overlook, as it really should be labeled a bit better. 

Oh, I was wondering if there was a reason why you enjoyed X team more than another, but apparantly it's just habit for you. But you enjoy playing as Addam's team most from purely a gameplay PoV?

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But you enjoy playing as Addam's team most from purely a gameplay PoV?

Yep, since they are the most offensive-based team, which is how I like to play (and the main reason why 2/Torna combat resonates with me so much). Team Lora is like a mix of offense and support (mainly because of Haze) while Team Hugo is tanks.

The next XCX log:

Spoiler

I did most of the currently available quests, though I've left a couple unfinished, mostly because collectibles I don't feel like farming for. I got frustrated in the grind for Quality Fuses for one quest- the Pugilith enemies never dropped them. As I suspected, the Wiki says they're dropped only if you break the cannon appendage, and Core Crusher has been preventing that, so I needed to remove the skill for a minute and viola, I got the needed material two kills after.

I've explored Oblivia just enough to reach 30% completion, enough for Chapter 7 and get L's augment slot-adding machine up and running. When I checked the Wiki to count the number of Normal Missions, I was surprised to see Prone Sweet Prone is accessible right after Chapter 5, the 40% Oblivia requirement explains why I never saw it so early, I'll wait a little longer on that.

Hope, Doug, and Murderess have been mostly trained up for the sake of it, and coincidentally each member of this trio has a post-battle banter with each of the other two. I'd like a just little more interaction between the non-Cross PCs though in X2, I know they aren't bound together the way the other Xeno casts are, each is doing their own thing on their own time when you don't personally ask for them to come along. BLADE the organization being what it is enables them to contribute to the greater heroic good whilst not being in the lead pack all the time. I don't want forced interactions, but building on some of the post-battle banters for one or two charming missions isn't a bad idea, Alexa-Lin, Hope-Doug, and maybe Boze-Celica for instance. (Another question for X2 is whether everyone would return playable or not, no reason they have to be, and whether any new characters would be added.)

I've still delayed on getting the Skell license for now, even if it'd ease the task of farming collectibles when I need to. Surprisingly, Skells aren't mandatory until Chapter 12 (because how else are you going to get to that destination?), but I don't intend to wait that long for them. I get them before Chapter 9 at the latest, because the boss battle for that chapter is more thematic when you have Skells (and how do you fight the Zu Pharg on foot?).

Since I need to keep Elma and Lin leveled even when I feel like using others b/c story mandatory, I chose to self-strengthen another way while doing so- crafting a few Augments. To be precise, I wanted to get Overdrive consistently up and running, and for that, I was going to farm for 10 Unfertilized Auravis Eggs, 10 Silver Progen Wings, and 10 Terebra Paw Stamps. That let me craft 5 Extend Overdrive V Augments, using L's new shop to add a slot to each piece in a set of armor I like to then insert them. Each of those EDVs add 7 seconds to Overdrive, for a heaping 35 total, enough to get any weapon setup to go infinite.

-Except the Eggs and Wings were taking too long to get, so I stopped for now, I've got two of each and that's it. I need to pump another 100k Miranium into Candid and Credible for Treasure Sensor to be installed in their store-bought gear and then have everyone dress head to toe in it, that'd help.

Later, I may bring the Suid population to the brink of extinction for some Max HP Up XXs, five of those on any AI character will provide them with 7500 extra HP, that ought to keep them alive longer. The only problem is either crafting and slotting them individually for everyone, or swapping everyone's armor whenever I swap characters- either way it's minor tedium, and strictly unnecessary with the one controlled character acing it in Overdrive.

And as a random aside, when I was looking on the Wiki for potential wallpapers once, I noticed something that seemed familiar.:

latest?cb=20150428120034

That red head, "dark samurai with a touch of ninja" design... where did I later see that (but I forgot about the Vasara itself)?

Spoiler

latest?cb=20190203040052

And then I noticed minutes ago that typing "Vasara" on the Wiki has "Perceval" under it, a click on his article, and it's stated that Vasara is Perceval's name in Japan right at the top. Yet nowhere in the article is it stated that his name and design obviously are derived from Prince Ga Jiarg's personal Wrothian Skell (not placed in the "Caladar" category all the other Wrothian mech are).

Why the name change to something so un-Japanese for a Japanese Blade and deriving XC2 of a rare reference to XCX? And why is Vasara, to use his real name, the only Blade to reference XCX? Why didn't Pyra get a "Verus Cain" costume? And why can't Percy make it brimstone rain in Tantal?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Playing games with migraines is weird. I'd advise against doing it, btw.

Anyhow, I got 8,000 kills with Tamamo on a stage in Extella Link without doing anything differently.
Also, I have pretty much picked my main four to use: Tamamo, Elizabeth, Karna, and Altera. With the occasional Nameless or Gawain thrown in there. These five are now level 80, while my next strongest characters, Lancelot and Darius III are around level 40 or something.
I also saw that the highest level is apparently 150. Jeez!

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I liked most of the characters, except for Rin, who I didn't expect to dislike as much as I did.

*sad Draggy noises*
I liked Rin, to be honest. I think she's alright.

Shirou, on the other hand, I ended up liking even more than I did earlier in the series. His philosophy of self-sacrifice for the sake of others is really admirable.

Shirou is a good protagonist. But in terms of his philosophy, I'm with Shrimpy.

The series was good though, no doubt. Solid 8.5/10.

Glad you enjoyed it!

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nah, isn't that Caster?

Why would I be his mortal enemy in this regard? Sakura is my favorite of the three and who I think Shirou works best with, much like Shrimpy.

Just now, Caster said:

Why would I be his mortal enemy in this regard? Sakura is my favorite of the three and who I think Shirou works best with, much like Shrimpy.

Oh, I thought one of you jokingly called each other mortal enemies at some point over some debate.