Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So when the Xenoblade X online servers inevitably shut down in like 10 years......will it even be possible to craft either Ares model? Isn't one of the drops, if you wanted to do it the long way, only dropped by Zero?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So when the Xenoblade X online servers inevitably shut down in like 10 years......will it even be possible to craft either Ares model? Isn't one of the drops, if you wanted to do it the long way, only dropped by Zero?

Hopefully by then it'll be remade! 

That would be a huge bummer otherwise!

Update on Megadimension Neptunia modding!

I pretty much mapped out and noted all the data I could find, which was pretty easy. So, if anyone ever needs em, I got them!

I'd say about 75% of the basics are done so far.

42 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hopefully by then it'll be remade! 

That would be a huge bummer otherwise!

By then, I'd expect we'd have a Xenoblade 3 and a Xenoblade X2 haha. At the very least.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

100%ing the Survey gives you infinite 5000 Tickets. You could purchase the Golden Yggralith Hearts that way, I don't believe that aspect of the Network Console is bound to having WiFi. Neither should be the Time Attack Missions for Crude Neilnail Masks, Silver Final Boss Cores, and the Libertas Glyphs. 

And it's "only" the Ares 90 that needs the Hearts, the Ares 70 which would actually be useful if you could make one after Chapter 11 calls for nothing from online.

You also need Golden Yggralith Nuts -another Yggralith Zero exclusive- for XCX SPOILERS!...

Spoiler

one specific recolor set of TFElma's clothes.

...Wait, you need Yggralith Gold and more Golden Yggralith Hearts for more variants of the spoilers stuff. This means that unless there are other offline Ticket sources I'm missing, there is far short of enough Tickets offline to buy materials to craft one of everything needing YZ-exclusive drops.

Although, you can get the first and most important variant of the spoilers stuff without online. All it needs is Silver Yggralith Nuts, which Pharsis provides.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Well, I finished my fifth playthrough of Xenoblade 2. It's still the best game ever.

I will start my second playthrough of Xenoblade X soon, playing as female Cross.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

100%ing the Survey gives you infinite 5000 Tickets. You could purchase the Golden Yggralith Hearts that way, I don't believe that aspect of the Network Console is bound to having WiFi. Neither should be the Time Attack Missions for Crude Neilnail Masks, Silver Final Boss Cores, and the Libertas Glyphs.

But by then, getting an Ares 90 would just be bragging rights. 100% the Mira survey means you killed Telethia, the Endbringer, there wouldn't be anything for you to use the Ares 90 on.

Of course, you could painstakingly grind Reward Tickets by doing Squad Tasks, except wait, those would probably get shut down if the servers get turned off so never mind.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will start my second playthrough of Xenoblade X soon, playing as female Cross.

Did you actually finish all the quests on your first file? Well, barring the "kill the Telethia, or not" one?

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But by then, getting an Ares 90 would just be bragging rights. 100% the Mira survey means you killed Telethia, the Endbringer, there wouldn't be anything for you to use the Ares 90 on.

True. Although technically, Telethia is the only superboss you have to kill, so Pharsis, Nardacyon, Vortice, Gradivus, Leva'el would all still exist for you to take out.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did you actually finish all the quests on your first file? Well, barring the "kill the Telethia, or not" one?

I'm......not actually sure.

I feel like I've done most of them.

Although I do know I haven't done all of the Affinity Missions. I still haven't done the final Affinity Missions for H.B, Fyre, Boze (lol fuck Boze), Doug and Irina.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Although I do know I haven't done all of the Affinity Missions. I still haven't done the final Affinity Missions for H.B, Fyre, Boze (lol fuck Boze), Doug and Irina.

Oiiii Irina's. Why is it an Affinity Mission? She deserved better. I forget Doug's last, Frye's is... subtle, although I felt H.B.'s ends well.

And yeah, Boze is Xenophobic and that bad. His last AfM gives Slayonet, which is great for Sniper Rifle offense. But besides him, it's slightly annoying, because it's in a cave where Skells can't enter, demands you kill an enemy, and said enemy can float over lava, while you might accidentally fall in. Get 5 Fluffy Tufts from Mortifoles so you can craft an Augment to make yourself immune to terrain damage.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

47 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Doesnt the collectopedia give you 5,000 for completion as well?

I do not remember, but it would surprise me if it did. And if it did, well it is possible to fill out the Collectopedia before reaching BLADE Level 10, would earlier levels even be able to hold all the Tickets?

All right, Hero of the Sagas finished in 24 turns! Fourth run of Berwick Saga is done. More to come, no doubt. The biggest highlight for me was Aegina. Girl was absolutely incredible in this run. Got three magic points from levelling, which if you're familiar with Berwick Saga you know is amazing. She also promoted and got the liquid magic, because in this run I wasn't using Enid. By the second half of the game she was one-rounding everything with windstorm. Color me impressed. I never thought she had it in her.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I do not remember, but it would surprise me if it did. And if it did, well it is possible to fill out the Collectopedia before reaching BLADE Level 10, would earlier levels even be able to hold all the Tickets?

I was actually just kinda guessing there, haha. And i don't think so, you would waste most of em, sadly.

Okay, I hate to admit it, but the name Dryas has grown on me. I mean, I think Dorias is better, but every time I think about Dryas I start giggling like an idiot. I love it, it sounds so stupid.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

If only Aegina's weapon rank didn't tend to be lower then her level.

Ah yes, that... tends to be a problem. Even Missival has less trouble promoting, and the guy joins later, has worse hitrates and can't get as many hits in per battle.

On an unrelated note, Missival killed Chaos. I was proud of him.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

I just spent an hour going up and down the slide at the Olthero ruins in Xenoblade 2.

Send help.

*Aquatica intensifies*

Btw, you can go into the Land of Challenge now. DLC Menu -> Gift from Zuo -> Nopon Summons. Follow the instructions on the description.

You won't be able to do everything there but you can take on the early challenges if you wish.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She also promoted and got the liquid magic

L-liquid magic?

I do have to wonder if Aegina's Wind growth was set to be as low as it is under the assumption that using multi-hit magic would give her multiple chances to proc wexp gain in each fight. Sadly that's clearly not how that works.

Aegina's power can be devastating, but there are no braces that give her both power and accuracy. She somehow needs to fix at least one of those issues on her own.

Crazy to me that there is apparently no food that increases wexp gain.

Edited by BrightBow

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

L-liquid magic?

Yes, that's the name of Berwick Saga's magic statbooster. There's also liquid strength, liquid defense, liquid speed, etc.

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I do have to wonder if Aegina's Wind growth was set to be as low as it is under the assumption that using multi-hit magic would give her multiple chances to proc wexp gain in each fight. Sadly that's clearly not how that works.

That's probably it, but they failed to take into account that most of the time, kills will be set up for her and she'll only get one shot in.

Aegina's power can be devastating, but there are no braces that give her both power and accuracy. She somehow needs to fix at least one of those issues on her own.

I can attest to that. She grew really well in this run, and before long she was one-rounding everyone.

Crazy to me that there is apparently no food that increases wexp gain.

That'd be awesome... but early on you'd pretty much want to rig for that and give it to absolutely everyone.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, that's the name of Berwick Saga's magic statbooster. There's also liquid strength, liquid defense, liquid speed, etc.

Oh, i thought you mean like, liquid magic. As if it were an element.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's probably it, but they failed to take into account that most of the time, kills will be set up for her and she'll only get one shot in.

I think multi hit weapons just count as a single attack for the purpose of wexp gain calculation. At least that's what the Serenes Forest calculations page says.

For each time a unit attempts a hit with a weapon, uses a non-attacking orb, or is hit by an enemy attack, the game rolls several times for EExp gain. For weapons that multiply number of hits, this does not multiply the chances of gaining EExp, but weapons that add additional hits do add additional chances at EExp.

Not that the calculations page is correct about everything, but I think Aegina would do a lot better if this wasn't true.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, BrightBow said:

I think multi hit weapons just count as a single attack for the purpose of wexp gain calculation. At least that's what the Serenes Forest calculations page says.

For each time a unit attempts a hit with a weapon, uses a non-attacking orb, or is hit by an enemy attack, the game rolls several times for EExp gain. For weapons that multiply number of hits, this does not multiply the chances of gaining EExp, but weapons that add additional hits do add additional chances at EExp.

Not that the calculations page is correct about everything, but I think Aegina would do a lot better if this wasn't true.

Oh... Honestly, that makes sense. Aegina grows wind skill way too slowly for this to be false.