Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Uhh... Okay, so, Berwick experts. Something weird happened... I went to check the lines of the unrecruited mercenaries, but for some reason, all of them except for Faye are gone. Just vanished. No idea why. Some of them were also unrecruited in previous runs and they're there. Anyone got any ideas?

...oh wait, I just got it! I never deployed any of them outside of their join chapters, except for Faye, who came along to chapter 3-main so I could kill Chaos. That must be it. Of course... that's bad news for @Spara, who intended to see the unrecruited merc lines at the end of his minimum deployment run. Unless I'm experiencing some sort of wild glitch, I'm afraid you won't get to see any of them.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...oh wait, I just got it! I never deployed any of them outside of their join chapters, except for Faye, who came along to chapter 3-main so I could kill Chaos. That must be it. Of course... that's bad news for @Spara, who intended to see the unrecruited merc lines at the end of his minimum deployment run. Unless I'm experiencing some sort of wild glitch, I'm afraid you won't get to see any of them.

Shit. Well, we'll see if that carries for my run too.

Speaking of which, Elbert. I'm really starting to see Elbert's true power via this run, especially in maps like 10-m. I usually have trouble training him because of, y'know, his godawful spear growth, but with that promotion, he is absolutely bonkers. Mine might just be the most blessed unit I've ever had in all my runs of this game.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Btw, you can go into the Land of Challenge now. DLC Menu -> Gift from Zuo -> Nopon Summons. Follow the instructions on the description.

You won't be able to do everything there but you can take on the early challenges if you wish.

Yup, found it by accident!

But the bunnits killed me, sooo...

Edited by Benice

22 minutes ago, Spara said:

Shit. Well, we'll see if that carries for my run too.

Actually, I just remembered that in my LP run I didn't deploy Dean a single time outside of the first map and he was still there, and yet Volo vanished. I have no idea.

23 minutes ago, Spara said:

Speaking of which, Elbert. I'm really starting to see Elbert's true power via this run, especially in maps like 10-m. I usually have trouble training him because of, y'know, his godawful spear growth, but with that promotion, he is absolutely bonkers. Mine might just be the most blessed unit I've ever had in all my runs of this game.

Elbert gets really good after he promotes. Although I'll admit he didn't see much use in my latest run. I got him to promotion, but after that Alvina somehow had more defense so I deployed her in what few maps remained. Actually, pretty sure the most notable thing he did after promotion was provoke a ballista in chapter 14.

19 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Poor Elbert gets bottlenecked really hard by his class. It has really low caps for weapon skill.

Do skill caps really matter that much? Elbert's skill growths being what they are, he has trouble reaching even paladin's low-ish caps. It's more his horrendous spear skill requirement that screws him over, I'd say. As much as people give Adel and Leon hell for that, at least they have supporter. Elbert has to spend a good chunk of the game whiffing 40%s to promote.

Think I'll revisit Thracia next, while I wait for a certain hack to be updated. I've a couple of really dumb ideas for character setups that I'd like to try.

So, uh... Leif just got the first level of the run. Luck and defense, pretty bad.

Y'know, until he got movement. In chapter 1.

Off to a great start.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do skill caps really matter that much? Elbert's skill growths being what they are, he has trouble reaching even paladin's low-ish caps. It's more his horrendous spear skill requirement that screws him over, I'd say. As much as people give Adel and Leon hell for that, at least they have supporter. Elbert has to spend a good chunk of the game whiffing 40%s to promote.

It kinda does for him. If they were higher, he could just ignore his promotion and focus on his strengths by using swords rather then doing a subpar jobs with Spears for most of the game.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It kinda does for him. If they were higher, he could just ignore his promotion and focus on his strengths by using swords rather then doing a subpar jobs with Spears for most of the game.

Ahh, I see what you mean. Yeah, you got a point... Well, at the very least, he's the best ballista baiter in the game, right?

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ve seen the term thrown around quite a bit but I still have no idea what a nemesis system is.

Basically NPCs will react and remember the things you do.

Just now, BrightBow said:

Oh I see. Someone patented a very broad and vaguely defined game mechanic again.

Well, shit. That's never a good thing.

Who's done it this time?

And what did they try to take away from everyone?

20 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Sounds like Hades.

Bullying Megaera is so fun. What other game allows you to kill someone, then taunt them about it after the fact?

That was indeed the best part about Hades.

I also like how Thesus keeps talking shit no matter how many times you pound his face into the pavement.

The best boss is Asterius though. Like Thesus, he talks shit the first time you meet him but unlike Thesus, you start earning his respect every time you beat him.

*sigh, this again.

It's not so broad that it would've been non-sensical, but it's still disappointing to see and and people trying to make a similar system's been just given more work for it.

1430AD!

Well, this was it. The Eleventh and final Crusade...

nRGWzAC.png

Oh, we going against the Dragon's... dragon. Fortunately, whether because it couldn't ir it chose not to, the Western Protectorate didn't called Wei to help them out. Now, for this final crusade, I tried to be a bit ambitious. I chose for my character to be the Beneficiary. In order to gain the title should I be the highest contributor. And it happened!

AIptbso.png

I border the Western Protectorate. I could invade China if I wanted... but, well, easier said than done. I'd need time to prepare. Unfortunately, bordering the WP means sooner or later they demand I become a tributary or they declare war to force me to. Yeah... I'm not gonna bother. I released the realm...

cjKnZ3W.png

And they promptly fell in line. Yeah...

Oh well. At least they're only a Tributary. It'd be quite bad if they had been reannexed after the Crusade to take over the land.

Ah, less than a quarter century left! So close, so close...

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So just finished ch8

Question

Reveal hidden contents

How tf does Amalthus have Haze's half core crystal while she's dead? Shouldn't he have died to then when Jin killed her?

Spoiler

Amalthus and Haze aren't connected the same way that Rex and Pyra/Mythra are if that's what you're wondering. Pyra shared her core with Rex willingly, while half of Haze's core was removed and implanted in Amalthus.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So just finished ch8

Question

Reveal hidden contents

How tf does Amalthus have Haze's half core crystal while she's dead? Shouldn't he have died to then when Jin killed her?

Spoiler

The life sharing thing only applies to Rex and Pyra/Mythra specifically. It doesn't apply to Blade Eaters.