Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damnit, don't say things like that. This is giving me flashbacks to back when I thought Hanneman would turn out to be a villain and I'd be angry about it.

I mean there was just one guy named Benedict who betrayed America that a lot of people know about. But I think a lot more people know about eggs Benedict.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Does Miracle work in there, or am I just getting unbelievably lucky

It does, so long as you're above 1 HP. A thing a lot of people do is get Lachesis down to 2 hp and just watch her clear the whole thing out.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

It does, so long as you're above 1 HP. A thing a lot of people do is get Lachesis down to 2 hp and just watch her clear the whole thing out.

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It works in the arena. But it won't work if you start a fight at low HP in the first place.

Okay, so then I was just lucky with Finn. Nice.

Sigurd just got demolished by Elliot. I was led astray, this guy is no Seth. Solo Genealogy my ass!

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

4ykrfa.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahah... Okay, sure, whatever.

You know, Finn's probably not going to marry, because I'm not entirely sure how heritage works, but I seem to recall reading that the guy gets stripped of all his possessions if he has a child. So I guess Nanna will be erased from history so he can keep his brave lance.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, Finn's probably not going to marry, because I'm not entirely sure how heritage works, but I seem to recall reading that the guy gets stripped of all his possessions if he has a child. So I guess Nanna will be erased from history so he can keep his brave lance.

Well, Thracia Nanna will.

Lachesis can still be paired with other people. And you're right on what you heard about Finn.

@Shrimperor explain this monstrosity.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So I guess Nanna will be erased from history so he can keep his brave lance.

Leif gonna be taking that L, ya hate to see it.

Although the child unit is dependent on the mother so you can keep Finn single while pairing off Lachesis to someone else.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

And you're right on what you heard about Finn.

That's so cruel. What even is the need for that!? Inheritance means you get your parents' stuff when they die! Finn's dead inside after Thracia's intro, but the outside remains! At least let him keep the brave lance, goddamnit!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Although the child unit is dependent on the mother so you can keep Finn single while pairing off Lachesis to someone else.

Fun fact: The person that inspired me to finally try out Genealogy adviced me to avoid pairing people so I could get the true Kaga experience.

Not sure what to make of that. Arden at least has to marry. The rest... meh. I definitely want to avoid making gen 2 too easy, so I'll probably not try too hard to get people laid.

Just now, Sooks said:

This is funny and I don’t even know what’s going  on.

I am claiming credit for Saint Rubenio using Best Knight (aka Finn).

That's so cruel. What even is the need for that!? Inheritance means you get your parents' stuff when they die! Finn's dead inside after Thracia's intro, but the outside remains! At least let him keep the brave lance, goddamnit!

Big brain, trade back the Brave Lance in Gen 2. Oh wait, sell the Brave Lance to the Pawn Shop and then have Finn buy it back because Kaga.

Fun fact: The person that inspired me to finally try out Genealogy adviced me to avoid pairing people so I could get the true Kaga experience.

Wait but Kaga wants you to pair off people??????

Can someone please tell Yves to stop committing suicide? And tell me how to pronounce Yves, while you're at it.

Also, here's the unfortunate side effect of my years in the fanbase: I'd like to go in fully blind, but... I'm afraid I have recognized the Arden Beachâ„¢. And now I just can't NOT visit it, now, can I?

Ah, well. To compensate, I won't give the ring to someone that would make real use of it. It's staying on the man himself. This's gonna be epic.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Wait but Kaga wants you to pair off people??????

According to this person, Kaga designed the game around having the absolute worst team (read, substitutes only) and that's why having a full team of children breaks the game in half. And, honestly? From what I've gathered, they've got a point. I'll exercise some restraint on the marriages.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Spara, right?

Nah, it's the fellow that did the Genealogy write-up in the "what's the best Kaga game?" thread. You might not've seen it, now that I think about it.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Eeee-vs, I would assume.

I've been pronouncing it as "Wives", but something tells me it's not right. Then again, how should I know?! Abel is "Eyball" for some fuckin' reason, but then Adel is "Ahdell"! What the heck, English!?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And tell me how to pronounce Yves, while you're at

Yves is pronounced Eevs.

Because he PYves off the player.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, well. To compensate, I won't give the ring to someone that would make real use of it. It's staying on the man himself. This's gonna be epic.

This one's the Pursuit ring, right? 

He's actually fast enough to double a lot of things because Swords.

Nah, it's the fellow that did the Genealogy write-up in the "what's the best Kaga game?" thread. You might not've seen it, now that I think about it.

Oh, really? My bad. I didn't see that, no.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

The worst part is no child can inherit lances, except Fee, who Finn can't pass stuff down to. And passing Erinys the Brave Lance so Fee can have it is technically for the best. If Finn promoted in Gen 1, a Silver Lance can suffice instead.

The loss is probably because they couldn't/didn't want to bother implementing a check to determine if an item was inheritable or not that happened to be Finn's inventory, and giving away everything the child could own, whilst letting Finn keep the rest. So they just dumped everything out of it, and gave him a new Iron Lance instead.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not sure what to make of that. Arden at least has to marry. The rest... meh. I definitely want to avoid making gen 2 too easy, so I'll probably not try too hard to get people laid.

If you didn't overhear, the origins of the 2nd Gen, at least from a mechanical perspective, is that dating simulators were popular at the time in Japan. Also popular at that time? Horse racing! Unable to get the license for a game called "My Little Pony: Stud Farm", IS opted to use humans in Holy Sword Elm Kaiser FE4 instead.

Love and quality breeding were from the start equally involved in FE's pairing game.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, Thracia seems to suggest that Nanna is Finn's daughter and Delmund is Beowulf's. So even if Lachesis ends up with someone else now, she could end up with Finn further down the line.

...of course there is also the possibility that Nanna is merely his adopted daughter. But that seems rather farfetched. Nanna is the princess of Nordion. And I just can't see Finn as somebody who is even capable of treating someone who outranks them on the social ladder as if they were their child.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unable to get the license for a game called "My Little Pony: Stud Farm", IS opted to use humans in Holy Sword Elm Kaiser FE4 instead.

Wha... What? Please don't say things like that, even in jest. I refuse to believe that modern FE's tendencies were present in the good ol' days!

...What do you mean, incest? No, that's only a thing in Fates. There is no incest in Kaga era FE.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

This one's the Pursuit ring, right? 

He's actually fast enough to double a lot of things because Swords.

You know, he's going to get the move ring too. I might actually make Arden OP. Now how funny would that be?

Now how funny would that be?

Not very, because enemies wll ignore him if they can't deal damage.

...though, maybe don't instapromote Arden.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, Thracia seems to suggest that Nanna is Finn's daughter and Delmund is Beowulf's. So even if Lachesis ends up with someone else now, she could end up with Finn further down the line.

Yeah, pretty sure that's the general consensus.

Just now, Benice said:

Not very, because enemies wll ignore him if they can't deal damage.

O O F

I think Arden might've found his match. He and Aideen have fallen so hopelessly behind that they may actually build some love points just from sticking together as they play catch-up.

think Arden might've found his match. He and Aideen have fallen so hopelessly behind that they may actually build some love points just from sticking together as they play catch-up.

FILTH

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

According to this person, Kaga designed the game around having the absolute worst team (read, substitutes only) and that's why having a full team of children breaks the game in half.

Wat?

But like......the whole point of FE4 came from Kaga watching horse races and learning how that industry breeds horses and was like "I should do this in my strategy game" and now you're telling me that Kaga designed the game around not doing the thing that inspired him to make the game in the first place?

IMG_20200605_141552.jpg

I don't understand Kaga. I don't think Kaga understands Kaga either.