Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know, reading around Pyra/Mythra reactions it feels like i am one of 5 people who really really hates the smash leggings xD

Especially Pyra's

Yet somehow it's making people more horny lmao

Wanna know what's really hilarious? Pyra's Spirit in Smash Ultimate does not have the leggings. So the leggings are there just for equality since Mythra also has it.

Anyways can't wait for Monolith Soft to update Xenoblade 2 and give out a Pyra Aux Core that gives her the leggings.

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Finished Age of Calamity. 8/10.

Y'know, I enjoyed it. The story was surprisingly ambitious, although I do take issue with it being marketed as the Story Before the Calamity:tm:, since it's not. But what it is is creative for Zelda. The character interactions in particular are more meaningful and memorable than the series has seen for the most part, which I appreciate, despite there being an unnecessary focus put on the eggbot.

Story and characters aside, the actual gameplay is great. It's never not satisfying to cut down wave after wave of enemies (it's Warriors, after all). But the game does have issues with performance. Frame rates can dip quite heavily sometimes, and it's a bit jarring because of that. A natural consequence of trying to make a game as action-packed as a Warriors game is in the visual style of BotW.

Also, some of the map layouts can be kind of confusing. I'd be moving from one objective to another and get completely lost. Maybe I'm just bad with direction, but it was irritating either way.

Overall, good game. I'm happy with my purchase. Who knows, I may go back and complete some of the side content. I have no idea whether or not I'll buy the DLC though.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways can't wait for Monolith Soft to update Xenoblade 2 and give out a Pyra Aux Core that gives her the leggings.

Another Aux core i will put somewhere else xD

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What is forbidden, is exotic. It's simple. Make something hard to get, and some people will want it more. Thus, all female video games characters henceforth should always dress conservatively! 

IRL though... nah, I'll spare you the TMI.😛

SpongeBob_imagination.gif

I'm not surprised they gave Pyra some after what they did with Mythra. I still think those shouldn't be black since it clashes with her white color scheme. As it is... eh, I don't own Smash Ultimate so it doesn't affect me. And thankfully Mythra's in Torna is optional so... win-win as far as I care.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perfect for Mega Man vs. the Summons. Remember, the Undine Geyser isn't actually effective on Volt, the Undine Geyser beats Efreet, the Efreet Punch beat Celsius, the Celsius Blast beat Luna, Luna Rays beats Shadow, Shadow Bomb beats Slyph, Slyphid Wings beats Gnone, Gnome Shovel beats Volt, Volt Orb beats Undine. 

You're right, it is unusually good. Most people wouldn't associate the GameBoy Color with good music, and the GBA was infamous on the sound quality front. Excellent rendition for the technical limitations!

But this is still Phantasia, so no Celsius.

Most of Phantasia's tracks was de(?)made for Narikiri Dungeon. Full soundtrack, I think, is here.

Sadly no Dhaos theme, despite him being a boss in there.

The PSP remake might have it, but not the GBC original.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Armagon said:

You see, they have their benefits!

But because it'd be dreadful if Pyro's new Aux Core got the same name as Mythra's, how about... Simply Smashing? Breathtaking Brawl? Fighter's Four? Unanimously Ultimate?

Not like it will stop me from getting them, as this is the 2nd dlc i care about.

Also i don't hate the leggings because they cover skin, but i do find leggings unfashionable af, ngl. If you wanna cover skin, every other option is much better, like longers dresses/skirts or pants xD

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I still think those shouldn't be black since it clashes with her white color scheme.

I actually do agree with this. I do think Mythra's tights should've been white.

Pyra's tights fit fine with the rest of her colors though.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But because it'd be dreadful if Pyro's new Aux Core got the same name as Mythra's, how about... Simply Smashing? Breathtaking Brawl? Fighter's Four? Unanimously Ultimate?

Well Mythra's was "Massive Melee Mythra" so going by the same naming convention, something like "Power Pummeling Pyra", i guess? I've seen that one thrown around, i think.

There is no Smash game where "P" is prominent in it, so it's not as easy as Mythra's Aux Core. 

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Also i don't hate the leggings because they cover skin, but i do find leggings unfashionable af, ngl. If you wanna cover skin, ever other option is much better, like longers dresses/skirts or pants xD

It's ok, you can say Byleth.

Why do I like watching video essays on movies I’ve never seen...

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What is forbidden, is exotic. It's simple. Make something hard to get, and some people will want it more. Thus, all female video games characters henceforth should always dress conservatively! 

IRL though... nah, I'll spare you the TMI.😛

This went out of style in the 20s.

I would say... tights, if the legs had to be covered without resorting to a dress/long-skirt/something-similar, and it had to be a full-length garment. Or pantyhose if you want to be risque. Otherwise zettai ryouki, no contest.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I remember making a joke about Bashful Brawl Pyra being added to XC2 in the event that Pyra was added to Smash, but I can't find the post... Though Pyra's changes are minor enough that I wonder why they even bothered (the inner machinations of CERO's mind are an enigma...), as I was expecting her back to be covered too. 

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But this is still Phantasia, so no Celsius.

Drat, I forgot that. Instead we had... Pluto? And that Chameleon they have semi-desired to banish from Tales existence. The one ice area in ToP had the "soul" of the Vorpal Sword as a boss or something I think?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Pythra in sweatpants. The fans demand it! /s

Good casual wear, and great for the gym sometimes! TMS gave everyone playable a workout attire, that was a real nice touch actually for a nonsexual "realistic" fashion theme.

Just now, Sooks said:

This went out of style in the 20s.

Says you! Although a little skin showing is useful, offer a hint of the prize beneath, but dare not give it away, the fun is in one's mind.

Oh, I forgot, Mardi Gras was two days ago. 

SlightBigheartedAegeancat-max-1mb.gif

Thanks whoever made this!

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Drat, I forgot that. Instead we had... Pluto? And that Chameleon they have semi-desired to banish from Tales existence. The one ice area in ToP had the "soul" of the Vorpal Sword as a boss or something I think?

Chameleon isn't in Narikiri Dungeon. Which is curious since Gremlin Lair is, but Gremlin comes from the PSX version, which nixed Chameleon (before the GBA version brought it back). I guess ND took after the PSX version, not the SNES original.

The "summons" in ND are: Sylph, Undine, Efreet, Gnome, Maxwell, Gremlin Lair, Volt, Aska , Luna , Shadow, Origin, and Pluto. They're just bosses in the GBC version. I think they're once again summons proper in the PSP remake, though.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The one ice area in ToP had the "soul" of the Vorpal Sword as a boss or something I think?

Oh, forgot this. Yes, the Fen Beast. Also Flamberge is a boss as well. They both appear in Narikiri Dungeon as bosses too. Also Big Eye, Ishrantu, and Justona. All five plus Dhaos are the bosses of their game area.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can’t quite put my finger on WHAT makes battles in Triangle Strategy take so long. 🤔

No fast option for one

I bet FE without fast movement option would feel the same.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, shrimpy, I am on your side with not liking Mythras tights. 

*high-five*

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Enough on Xeno Main Female Protagonist No. ...9? (Should Melia pre-FC and & Lin count?)

Nah, I don't really count those two.

Speaking of Elly tho, someone put up Pyra and Mythra alt color mockups since those haven't been revealed yet and

IMG_20210218_233018.jpg

If they actually put Fei and Elly colors, I will pop off. They already did this with Zeke and Emeralda so it's not out of the question.

I 100% expect the actual alt colors they have in the game to be in tho. Like this mockup

IMG_20210218_233320.jpg

is basically a given, it's too easy.

Edit: these too

IMG_20210218_233429.jpg

Too easy.

Edited by Armagon